BajaNomad

?Eatin' Mullet?

Cardon Man - 2-24-2004 at 10:47 AM

Ok, laugh if you must. But my Florida buddies keep telling me they smoke up quite well. Can any Baja mullet eaters come forward to confirm or deny this wild tale? If you catch and eat "lisa"....I want to hear your story!!!:lol:

Pescador - 2-24-2004 at 09:27 PM

:barf: they are pretty good smoked but so if about 5,000 other fish that you can catch a lot easier than mullet.

David K - 2-25-2004 at 12:20 AM

I had been told mullet were vegetarian... so do you use sea weed for bait? LOL Maybe when they are jumping out of the water you just grab 'em? While floating off Shell Island one summer, a mullet jumped right over me.

gonetobaja - 2-25-2004 at 02:00 PM

Well I shot a mullet with my speargun once but was harrassed by my buddies for shooting a baitfish. I got the record for biggest baitfish among us.

Sorry to say we ended up using it for bait, if I actualy tried to eat the thing I dont think I would ever here the end of it....

GTB:no:

deltabighat - 2-25-2004 at 04:21 PM

I tried to smoke a mullet once but the damn thing wouldn't stay lit. I cut the tail off to help the draw, but nothing helped. Maybe if it was a cuban, it would have smoked better.

DBH

gonetobaja - 3-6-2004 at 02:05 PM

Next time use a road flare as a lighter...

guacamullet

jide - 3-6-2004 at 02:36 PM

I caught a bunch of mullets in punta cabras last year, all using mussels for bait.
I caught a whole load of seaweed too, but no mullets were following that bait, so I don't know about that vegetarian thing.... I'll try corn on the cob next time :bounce:

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by jide]