bajajudy - 7-27-2007 at 05:09 PM

Avocado-halved
Mango
Pineapple
Yellow or Orange bell pepper
Tomato
Lettuce
Cilantro

Cube mango, pineapple, bell pepper, tomatoes, half the avocado, mix together and put in the frig for a hour or so.
Tear the lettuce into pieces and arrange around the half avocado. Pour the fruit mixture over the avocado and garnish with cilantro.
The juices from the fruit make a delicious dressing so you dont need anything else.

salad.jpg - 44kB

DENNIS - 7-27-2007 at 05:25 PM

OOOOOOOH...........That looks and sounds great. I want one.

comitan - 7-27-2007 at 05:42 PM

Dennis

Thats healthy, I thought you ,liked hot dogs wrapped in bacon which isn't healthy. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DENNIS - 7-27-2007 at 05:52 PM

Depends...............

That delicious salad is good for the heart.

The Bacon Wrapped Dog is good for the soul.

bajadock - 7-27-2007 at 06:20 PM

For the salad, I'd recommend something very light such as a pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc. Some of us salad lovers make that the entire meal.

Dennis, I apologize. Haute dogs are never found in my frig. Perhaps if you would suggest the correct beverage accompaniment, I could see the errors of my ways. ???

DENNIS - 7-27-2007 at 06:28 PM

Are you kidden' Doc? Pacifico y nada mas.

bajadock - 7-27-2007 at 06:38 PM

With all due respect to BAJAJUDY's recipe, I might add some diced nopalito and just a little jalapeno to her excellent dish. Dennis, I announced last week that I have gone to the other side. My construction workers convinced me that Tecate was good for them, so it's also good for me.

DENNIS - 7-27-2007 at 06:41 PM

Pacifico y nada mas except Tecate.

Al G - 7-27-2007 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Are you kidden' Doc? Pacifico y nada mas.

Right-on, Right-on, Right-on, Right-on,
A dry Cab/zinfandel works too.