BajaNomad

Asuncion Traditional Fiestas Date changed

shari - 8-2-2007 at 09:07 AM

I'm glad I asked AGAIN about the fiesta dates as they have changed...so apparently some of the events will go as scheduled because of corporate sponsorship...so the surf competition will be on Aug.10-11 (at the secret spot which I will gladly take you to blindfolded) aslo boogie board catagories and open to all. NOw, the fishing tournament will be on the 11th as well and not the 15th as earlier promised. I hear the fiestas officially start the 15 and run till the 19th...sunday's dance is always fun because it's tradition to amanacer bailando...that is the band plays till the sunrises...how long has it been since some of you danced while the sun was rising...I love it! It's sooo cool getting a 6 pack for the table around 6:45..hee hee...makes me feel like a teenager again:bounce: So sorry for the confusion but hey this is mexico amigos!

jorgie - 8-2-2007 at 12:41 PM

is that 6:45 AM or PM ?

shari - 8-3-2007 at 10:22 AM

That's A.M...meaning you dance all night long, take a taco break around 2:oo a.m. then dance some more...kind of get your second wind after the tacos and another cold 6 pack...it's really fun partying outside as the sun is coming up...dawn is lovely andthe dance floor faces east with a view of the beach! ONly problem is that anyone staying at the beach house will need some serious ear plugs!

BajaWarrior - 8-3-2007 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
That's A.M...meaning you dance all night long, take a taco break around 2:oo a.m. then dance some more...kind of get your second wind after the tacos and another cold 6 pack...it's really fun partying outside as the sun is coming up...dawn is lovely andthe dance floor faces east with a view of the beach! ONly problem is that anyone staying at the beach house will need some serious ear plugs!

That will be us! Ear plugs or join em'!

shari - 8-4-2007 at 08:54 AM

I hope you warriors have been in training for the dawn dancing event! Maybe bajagypsy could give you some pointers...we are gonna have a blast for sure!