BajaNomad

Bahia de Los Angeles before Easter

Anonymous - 3-1-2004 at 07:20 PM

My friends and I plannig on going to Bahia de Los Angeles from April 2-7. I was able to get reservations for Las Hamacas Hotel, but apparently it was difficult to get us in due to Easter week. My questions are, does anyone have experience staying in Bahia the week before Easter? is the town crowded for the pre-holiday weekend and religious days (Palm Sunday and Passover)? How is gas availability during this time? Are there any other concerns we should consider in planning our trip? We may try bumping our trip to one week earlier. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Joshua Y
jyordt@verizon.net

David K - 3-1-2004 at 08:22 PM

I read your post over on Fred's board first, and gave you some info. there...

Anonymous - 3-2-2004 at 10:32 AM

There will be quite a few people camping/ hoteling in Bahia for the Easter holiday. We read the post and replies on Fred's board. Sounds like 4baja in all his years of Bahia experience is mistaking Bahia for San Felipe, ripping motErcycles, beaches full of partiers, campers blown off beaches. If it's true, sounds like another place ruined by the abnoxious few, and that's not refering to the vacationing Mexican crowd. David K's post was to the point, and most on track with correct answers, as usual.

Casa P. D. y C. - 3-2-2004 at 11:35 AM

Joshua,
If you could bump your trip up a week, then that might not be a bad idea. The town may be less crowded, and the border crossing times would be less of a wait. I've been going to Bahia practically every Easter / Spring break for the past 15 or so years. It is getting busier year by year, but not that bad, yet. Fuel availablity in Bahia has always been an issue at this time of year. Plan ahead and take extra, enough to get you back to El Rosario if necessary. Have fun, and go early.

Anonymous - 3-2-2004 at 05:40 PM

Thank you everyone that has replied. unfortunately, it looks like we are going to have to postpone our trip rather than bump it up a week earlier. Looks like we will head down May 1st for our usual 6 days. Thank you again.

Joshua Y