BajaNomad

Last Minute SD-TS run

BFS - 9-8-2007 at 08:57 AM

Hi all,
My travelling partner pulled out yesterday so I am now driving solo from San Diego to Todos Santos on Monday Sep 10. Anyone headed south that can share expenses is welcome or any baja casa owners down yonder that need anything from the land of plenty I will be happy to shop and drive down. I have a small box delivery in La Paz so far.
My rough itin is San Diego to Guerrero Negro. Then Guerrero Negro to Todos Santos barring any last minute south swell that happens to move in or any encounter with the beloved men in uniform.
I will not be crossing the border at 3:00am in case you were wondering!
Let me know!!
Aq

beachbum1A - 9-9-2007 at 12:26 PM

With all the armed robberies that have been posted on this board by travelers crossing the border in the early morning (darkness) hours, WHY would you take such a chance?
Why not wait and cross over at 6 AM and feel a lot safer about your life and property.

Diver - 9-9-2007 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beachbum1A
With all the armed robberies that have been posted on this board by travelers crossing the border in the early morning (darkness) hours, WHY would you take such a chance?
Why not wait and cross over at 6 AM and feel a lot safer about your life and property.

Quote:
Originally posted by aqbluegreen
Aq

beachbum1A - 9-9-2007 at 04:07 PM

Quote:

Oops, sorry! guess I'd better clean my glasses before answering any posts! Thank you.

Bob and Susan - 9-9-2007 at 04:17 PM

yea you don't NEED to leave that early...

my last trip a couple weeks ago i crossed at 10AM

shopped in ensenada for about an hour and

made gurerrero negro by 9PM

no sweat

Minnow - 9-9-2007 at 06:12 PM

Ahhhh, the internet, proving once again that it is the worlds most perfect form of communication. :lol::lol::lol:

Have a safe trip aqua, and thanks for the offer.

Llegue!

BFS - 9-12-2007 at 07:53 PM

No problem, Its a pleasure to bring stuff down to folks as I know how hard it is to get certain items when you really need them. Plus Im hoping someday it will com back to me.
Anyways I am here in TS now and only broght down a teeny weeny box for a friend in La Paz. I left at 2pm and made it to El Rosario that night. Had an epic meal at Mama Espinozas as usual and those ICE cold Pacificos do the trick. The next morning I left at 5:30 am and made it all the way to TS that night (delivering my package and having a quich Taco in La Paz. Yikes!! I dont recommend that one, That was a brutal drive and my tounge is completely dries up from the two huge packs of sunflower seeds I ate all day!

abrazos
Aq