BajaNomad

Books & Barrels

BFS - 9-19-2007 at 09:49 AM

Baja Judy anything showing your way from Ivo yet?
Im out of reading material and havent surfed down yonder for awhile so this could be a good excuse to stock up and pull in.
Me avisas!
Aq

bajajudy - 9-19-2007 at 12:57 PM

Come on down.
Hot and humid so far.
Nothing exciting in the wave department YET!
Also we have plenty of books to occupy your mind after a day on las olas.
See ya soon?

Gadget - 9-19-2007 at 08:55 PM

Sure wish we had got out of town when I hoped to on the 14th. Would be seeing some surf soon I'd bet but then would have to bolt for the S o C to miss the weather. Oh well, I'll have almost a month when we do get gone.
:bounce:

mas grande

BFS - 9-20-2007 at 09:17 AM

I am going to wait for it to pick up a bit and then head down there. Should pick up soon I think. Ill dust off my longie and get ready to battle those Cabo crowds.
Where are you at exactly?
My wife is asking me to pick up some quality beads for jewlry making...any ideas of where in SJ?

see you soon
Aq

bajajudy - 9-20-2007 at 09:22 AM

Aq
We are just outside of San Jose del Cabo on the road to La Playita(or puerto los cabos). After you cross the arroyo, look to your left and you will see our triangular building with LIBROS BOOKS on the side.
Hope to see you soon!
I dont know of any bead places but will ask around.

bajajudy - 9-20-2007 at 06:01 PM

Just back from the beach...nothing happening yet.

I remembered a place with beads....it is between the Cabo Wabo liquor store and Damiana Restaurant just off the square in San Jose....dont know the name but it is a gallery for Mata Ortiz pottery. The beads were pearls and semi precious stones, if I remember correctly. Doubt if they are cheap but they sure were beautiful.

bajajudy - 9-29-2007 at 10:39 AM

Hey Aq
Sorry I missed you. Next time ask Jim to let me know you are here!
cheers

gracias

BFS - 9-29-2007 at 05:50 PM

No Prob!
Thanks for the books. You have an awesome selection and I shall be returning every time i head down that beautiful east cape road. So for every fat south swell you can count on a sale! I bought that cool hand size atlas map thingie too.
Perfect size for cruising and wont block the winshield.
I actually brought you one of those amazing chocalate croissants from that little french cafe in SJ but wasnt too sure if Jim might think i was hittin on you!
I ate it on the way home to TS.
So thanks again and until next time.

Aq

bajajudy - 9-29-2007 at 06:07 PM

Jim is used to my Nomad friends showing up, so DO NOT eat my croissant next time.
See you then