BajaNomad

Return to Baja

Skeet/Loreto - 3-16-2004 at 06:19 AM

Sunday March 7 departed Dos Palos Ca. to Ramona to meet my brother and his Lady , on to San Quintin for the first night.
No traffic at Tecate,Visa very easy with instructions to "Pay the Fee at any Bank before leaving Baja"
Stayed at my favorite Motel "Los Ciros"many upgrades and very reasonable{$28} for a room with 3 beds.
Up early and departed in thick Fog until reaching the high Country{I call it the "Hog Back" or "Top of the World".

A stop at Sta Inez for a visit with Oscar and his children and now Grand children!
To GN for Breakfast at the Mallimarino. Lots of action and people for the Whale Tours.Arrived in Loreto to a changed skyline , with many new structures.
Stayed two nights at the "La Pinta" very good service and very few Fisherman.
Up at 5 am to observe the Lauanching of the Boats for Fishing.Was surpised at there being no Bait Boats selling live bait.
Yellow tail on top of the water at Pulpito and North and at San Bruno Reef.
The few Fisherman comp[laining about the lack of Bait.
HighLight of the Trip was being greeted by friends ,both Americano and Mexicano.

Two nights in Loreto , then to Constitution to the General Hospital and delivey of 5 Large Suitcases of Jackets for the poor children of the area.
The three hospitals where full as usual with multitudes of children,doctors working around the clock to give care to the people in the Area.Many people and few Doctors.

On to LaPaz to stay at the Hotel Marina,then to work and showing my guests around the City.
Dinner at the BisMark II.Excellent food and service and we were the only diners.
Spent Wed. everning at a small Cafe across the street from mac Shoyers Marina.
Karoke with many boat People and My 75 year old brother and his 77 year old Lady were a Hit.Dancing away around the tables.to old time favorites.
They were ask to play the Piano and entertanied the crowd and were well received{They play for the Nursing Home in Billings Montana twice a week} God Bless them both for giving their time and love to those those people in the Homes}
Next chapter: Return North

skeet, keep the reports coming!

capt. mike - 3-16-2004 at 02:13 PM

we should have taken a flight around the patch sat, or was it sun??

won't see you at the signing, plan to be in phx that weekend so i can head south the following weekend with the Sams.

take it slow!