BajaNomad

San Hipolito casa & lot for sale

shari - 11-8-2007 at 05:24 PM

OK, this is for all you "BAD ROAD+GOOD PEOPLE" types. My sister in law wants to sell their cabin and 1,000 square meter lot overlooking the gorgeous bay of San Hipolito which is 45 minutes south of Asuncion( on a really crappy dirt road) and is a little fishing village. Great fishing, NO gringos (yet),lobster,surf...ooops, sorry I let the secret out. The cabin has water and electricity and an indoor bathroom but is a fixer upper. $4,000. ($5,000 for those who want to haggle). Will post pics tomorrow

[Edited on 11-9-2007 by shari]

Bajalover - 11-10-2007 at 08:32 PM

Hi Shari,
This looks/sounds interesting. I love Baja and a small piece of water to gaze at is wonderful. I couldn't find the Bay on the map. Where abouts is it. I'd most likely use a small place for the winter months until I can spend more time south of the border. Is the road too difficult to drive it pulling an airstream travel trailer? Who ever buys it, do they only have the space above the ground or can title be rec'd. Just wondering because I'm a total .....nyophite when it comes to Mexican land ownership. If it were same as here in usa then it would be easy. Let me know. Many thanks.

Paulina - 11-10-2007 at 08:49 PM

We visited there the summer of '06. Here are two photos that I could pull up real quick.

I love this sign and the bullet holes in it.

The church.

shari - 11-11-2007 at 11:25 AM

The lot has a title and it's really what is valuable...the house is a small wood cabin type affair but would be an awesome place to park an airstream and it has water and power too! You would need to either look into putting it in a fidecomiso or a mexican amigo or we can arrange a 10 year lease for you too. It's a really cool clean freindly little fishing village....the road is washboardy but ya just go slow and don't haul the trailer back and forth alot. oh by the way, it is pronounced san eePAULeetoe and it's a very large bay just south of Asuncion.

Bajalover - 11-12-2007 at 07:56 PM

JUst got my Satellite dish up and can see this is very very interesting. So --- I'd like to send you my email address on the u2u system? is that workable for you. Where abouts is Asuncion. Can't find it on the map. My system will be up for the next 4 weeks while in Napa - wine tasting time!.

reefrocket - 11-12-2007 at 10:54 PM

Bajalover It's called "Bajia Asuncion" look south of Guerrero Negro (on Pacific ) 114 d 17 m /27 d 7 m bottem edge of the knob? South West on road from Vizcaino (on hiway 1)

Bajalover - 11-13-2007 at 08:56 PM

Thanks for the info. Found Bajia Asuncion. Shari, shall send a u2u.