BajaNomad

Los Barriles - House or lot.

Nicole - 11-21-2007 at 03:51 AM

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if there is anyone out there wanting to sell a house or lot in the Los Barriles area? Minimum 400m2 with electricity, water, and telephone available.

U2U with details. Alternatively, if you're out and about and you see something please pass the number on to me and I will followup. Thanks!
Nicole.

ccholder - 1-15-2008 at 04:43 PM

I have a lot for sale near North beach in LB. Contact Carlene L at Baja Land deals... she is listing it for me. Great view of the sea of cortez!
ccholder

gibson - 1-17-2008 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ccholder
I have a lot for sale near North beach in LB. Contact Carlene L at Baja Land deals... she is listing it for me. Great view of the sea of cortez!
ccholder

can't see it on their website.
no response yet from BLDeals.
size?? / price??
salut

gnukid - 1-17-2008 at 03:10 PM

Whatever you do, follow your vision if you want to be on the beach do it, if you want to be inland do it but don't fall into something lame outside your dream-in a river bed. There are many endless options for land and homes for great deals in LB. I looked around using normal services and found may things in the under 200k range and you could pay 50-100K. You might need to visit to find it.

c'mon down

gibson - 1-17-2008 at 05:41 PM

i got some prime arroyo dirt for you gnu! (and a trailer full of palm leaves and vast palapa constructing knowledge which I'll throw in for gratis!) you know you want to!!:lol::lol:

I think you should buy in LB! You'd be a welcome addition, what with your classic stories and reliable Pacifico supply!!
salut

ccholder - 1-19-2008 at 12:03 PM

Lot is in Palo Blanco...1/3 acre great view

gibson - 1-19-2008 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ccholder
Lot is in Palo Blanco...1/3 acre great view

thanx for the clues. took clues and tried to find @ site, but couldn't.
the search continues ...

(thought Palo Blanco was flat where a view was maybe possible on a rooftop?)
best of luck

ccholder - 1-19-2008 at 06:31 PM

palo blanco is flat, but above the San Bartolo arroyo. a good vista for the sites:yes:

gibson - 1-19-2008 at 07:33 PM

didn't you mean 'a good vista for the price' ??:lol::lol:

still no pricing. (just plain weird.)

best of luck.

ccholder - 1-20-2008 at 10:24 AM

asking 105,000 USD....I don't belive you're really interested...just curious about the price, right? As in Baja...no hurry, just enjoying my casa, and watching the sunrise another day.

slimshady - 9-29-2008 at 11:26 AM

Lots in Boca Alamo two rows back from water about 80K. You can't even touch something in Los Barriles that is worth anything for that amount. Maybe a lot a mile back with a sliver of oceanview from your #3 floor roof in that new development they got. Go north to Cardonal, La Tinas, and Boca Alamo while the prices are reasonable.With better views. They just electricity two years ago.

Baja&Back - 9-29-2008 at 03:40 PM

Nicole:
Phone William at 425-252-5952. He has about 40 various lots for sale at reasonable prices. Say who sent you.

Barry

where?

capt. mike - 9-30-2008 at 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja&Back
Nicole:
Phone William at 425-252-5952. He has about 40 various lots for sale at reasonable prices. Say who sent you.

Barry

email avail? or website?

rbbob - 9-19-2009 at 12:55 PM

Hello. We have a small home in Los Barriles, and we also own a nice lot up on the ridge overlooking LB. Both are for sale. -Robert & Jessie

house

rbbob - 9-20-2009 at 12:32 PM

what size house ?
what area ?
garage?
# of bedrooms ?

Marinero - 9-22-2009 at 06:48 AM

Carleen is no longer with Baja Land Deals. She and David have there own Company. Here is their website: http://www.homesandlandofbaja.com/

Mexicorn - 9-22-2009 at 07:09 AM

I've seen many taken to the cleaners by hiring unworthy construction companies. If you decide to build make sure all the paperwork is correct and never give to much money up front. A neighbor of mine just lost 80 K the contractor is now sitting in jail and thier moneys all gone. I recomend buying an existing structure that way you chance of being fleeced lessens.
Just my two pesos worth-
Mexicorn

Los Barriles contractors

rbbob - 9-22-2009 at 08:56 AM

We disagree with above poster. There are good, reputable contractors !!! We used Carlos & Marta to build a beautiful home in Los Barriles. They have been in business there for a dozen years or more, and have a great reputation. We got exactly what we wanted, and on schedule, and on budget.

Bajahowodd - 9-22-2009 at 12:18 PM

It's certainly possible to "be fleeced" even when buying an existing structure, as in anything from title issues, to hidden construction defects. Either way, caveat emptor. My own personal need for instant gratification would probably have me lean toward an existing house. Just me.

oldjack - 9-22-2009 at 12:29 PM

just back from Los Barriles(got back Monday).... the town is dead quiet.... there are a lot of houses for sale... all you need to do is talk to some locals and they can refer you to the owners... prices are soft so you can be choosey.... spend some time at El Viejo's or Tio's and get some leads... check with Alejandro at the hardware store on the HWY to get references for a builder... he knows all of them....

Bajahowodd - 9-22-2009 at 01:50 PM

Sounds tempting. From what I've gathered, the existing home market has sagged way more than raw land. Just my opinion, but I've felt prices were unrealistically high, given Los Barriles location. Like people thought they were part of Cabo.

Coyote - 9-22-2009 at 05:21 PM

I agree with rbbob, there are lots of good contractors here but they don't all speak English. If you can't be here during the construction consider hiring someone to manage your project like these guys: www.desertrosedevelopment.com. You'll save more than the management fee in the long run.

Crusoe - 9-22-2009 at 05:24 PM

Can someone tell us all just what is so special about Los Barriles??? Thanx:yawn:

oldjack - 9-23-2009 at 07:56 AM

Crusoe...

Los Barriles is a poor choice for investing/vacationing/fishing.. the locals overcharge for everything, 50% of the PEMEX stations are crooked, Chapitos grocery store is not usually stocked with things you are looking for... the new cement streets tear up you atv tires... the topes are hard to see because they have not been painted in more than a year... the electricity goes out almost weekly... the water goes out the same... El Viejo has raised their food prices... beer costs too much... the arroyo road is still washed out--only sand since hurricane John.. you can't park on the street because the new curbs are too high and most are painted red... and worst of all there is a new ta ta-club in the area!!!! other than this.. LB is just a typical Baja town..

oldjack - 9-23-2009 at 08:03 AM

Crusoe...

I forgot to mention that there are too many realtors.. the houses are probably overpriced... the new police are not your friends... the two new banks require you to have an account before the will exchange for pesos... the damn wondering cows/goats eat the flowers out of your yard... it is a full hour drive to LaPaz and a full hour drive to Los Cabos... you only have about 6-7 places to have breakfast/lunch/dinner... there are too many bobos to enjoy the outdoors... mosquitos outnumber everyone... probably half the town is unemployed... and just try to buy a new cartridge for your H-P printer!!! there maybe more endearing features of LB that I forgotten but this may give you the gist of it....

Los Barriles

rbbob - 9-23-2009 at 08:32 AM

Wow ! Just read Oldjack's evaluation of Los Barriles ! I wonder why it was such a boomtown before the American economy tanked, and why do so many gringos love it there ?
Everyone I know loves the town. It's one of the windsurfing capitals of the world. The people there are very supportive and friendly. Great variety of fishing. Location between Cabo and LaPaz is nice. The pace there is slow and relaxed; not a lot of drunken tourists running around(but locals DO like to party !). Various groups and organizations with something for everyone.
We bought there 3 years ago, and really enjoy the town; no regrets.

capt. mike - 9-23-2009 at 08:36 AM

i would love to live there. If they only had an airport like the old days across from Palmas De Cortez.

gnukid - 9-23-2009 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
i would love to live there. If they only had an airport like the old days across from Palmas De Cortez.

There is a runway to the north in Punta Pescadero. Houses available too. Bigger planes can land at SJD too.

The runway at Cha-Cha's in town wasn't well suited to the center of town.

oldjack - 9-23-2009 at 08:44 AM

rbbob...

what are you trying to do???? start a land/house rush... there are enough folks there now... I have been "stuck" here for almost 25 years and am still looking for the heart/sole of the place...

capt.mike...

I used to land my Citabria where Palmas now has their little golf course... there just hasn't been any organized interest in putting in an airport...

gnukid - 9-23-2009 at 08:51 AM

To the south is Buena Vista, Rancho Leonero and La Ribera and to the North is Punta Pescadero, Bajado de La Mesa, Algondigales?, Cardonal and Boca Del Alma then Muertos. The south is nice since it's closer to the airport and the main road and to the north is nice because the distance makes it even more peaceful.

It's true prices at the stores are outrageous but you can always shop elsewhere if you prefer. I found the smaller shops to be more reasonable than Chapitos.

When you look at the listing prices/divide by half -+ 50k and make an offer.

wilderone - 9-23-2009 at 09:29 AM

"I wonder why it was such a boomtown before the American economy tanked, and why do so many gringos love it there ?"
1. It ain't Cabo which has been totally trashed. 2. They don't know any better and they don't dig any deeper to find their Mexican illusion than what advertising throws at them, or word of mouth by some vacationer from Canada or Texas who just came back who also doesn't know any better. It's fine for a week's vacation - all the elements of the brochure are there - the lounge chair, poolside, waiter serving the marguerita, the fishing boat offshore with flags flying. Depends on where you're from and how much of Mexico you really want to experience. This town has been too gringofied.

Crusoe - 9-23-2009 at 09:34 AM

Oldjack...Thanks for your reply. I can see why you must like it there alot. Do you know what ever became of a man who is a Cheick. citizen named Pavel, who was arrested there in a restaurant along with another bigtime Tijauna Drug Cartel boss about a year or so ago? Thanx +++C++

Bajahowodd - 9-23-2009 at 11:36 AM

The town is very gringo. But at least it's close to San Bartolo.:yes:

gnukid - 9-23-2009 at 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
Oldjack...Thanks for your reply. I can see why you must like it there alot. Do you know what ever became of a man who is a Cheick. citizen named Pavel, who was arrested there in a restaurant along with another bigtime Tijauna Drug Cartel boss about a year or so ago? Thanx +++C++

Pavel is apparently still in jail with uncertain charges in an uncertain case. I have no idea about the particulars but you can find out more: http://www.pavelkulisek.com/

Crusoe - 9-23-2009 at 07:22 PM

Thanx Gnukid for the info. and link. ++C++:yes::yes:

ccholder - 9-23-2009 at 08:18 PM

I love LB! I have a casita there, many good friends, and it is a great community Amigos tambien Amigos! Let's not get on the Dis list.
Although, the Great Life of LB does'nt need to be Displayed anymore than it has. I don't need anymore neighbors :saint::saint:

ccholder - 9-23-2009 at 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
Can someone tell us all just what is so special about Los Barriles??? Thanx:yawn:
:coolup:Location, Location, small town, close to big towns, fishing, & a fabuluous community! What more do you need??

bajabass - 10-27-2009 at 01:56 PM

My wife and I spent a week of our honeymoon running up and down the highway and the dirt(coastal road) between Los Barriles and San Jose Del Cabo. Los Frailles, Cabo Pulmo, La Ribera, and Los Barriles. The entire area is beautiful! My wife is a doctor from Ensenada, with family in San Bruno. When the economy turns around, and I can get a decent price for my automotive business, a place on the East Cape will have a pretty young doctor and a fishing fanatic as new residents! Have you checked out the"Baja Crossroads Country Club"? I want a house on the back nine!! LOL Maybe I should just give this place away and go now. Any doctors or mechanics needed in the area? OK, a doctor, I am going to fish and drink!!