BajaNomad

1st xmas surf tournament bahia asuncion 2007

SiReNiTa - 11-30-2007 at 07:48 PM

hey guys, well i'm here on behalf of team jurjos, the surf and boogie board team in bahia asuncion, we are organizing a surf tournament this december and i wanted to extend the invitation to all surfers here there and everywhere, it's a no cover event, there will be trophy's and fun stuff for everyone, december 22 and 23...surfs up everyone!!!!!
come on down bring your board, sunscreen, and wet suite!!
this is an official invitation so anyone interested u2u me and i will answer any questions you have, also we welcome any sponsors, we are starting out and this is the second tournament that we are organizing so we need people to back us up, if you can bring a pair of fins, posters, sunglasses, etc etc they will be used as prizes to the contest winners, also if you are sponsored or are a sponsor you can't miss is if you are looking for new talent because this is the place to go, so contact me!!! if you don't surf but love watching ppl get crushed by huge waves then u can come too!!!!!! it's a ton of fun!

corona invita!!

shari - 11-30-2007 at 08:01 PM

Wow I LOVE that poster! I want a big one....is that santa in a THONG? or LOINCLOTH? Who designed it? I will donate an abalone surfboard necklace to the winner of the female catagory! Come on Nomads...let's help out this new team!Gosh diver...maybe you can get here a day earlier then?

Bajagypsy - 11-30-2007 at 08:03 PM

I new that Sirenita would get into the male thong wave for Asuncion! Shows what good taste she has!

Wish we could be down there for that, it sounds like it would rock!

SiReNiTa - 11-30-2007 at 08:05 PM

hahaha i have the image on my computer and hey mom javi wants to know if you would be the team photographer...actualli i sugested it...i can get u a t-shirt!!! pleeez hahaha....it would mean going to the tournament wich u didn't do last one...so want to??

Diver - 11-30-2007 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
....is that santa in a THONG? or LOINCLOTH?

Looks kinda like Ifly, eh ???

Wait until you see his Christmas card photos !! :lol::lol::lol:

SiReNiTa - 11-30-2007 at 08:14 PM

lmao...i kno0 eh....so...anyone interested??? huh huh huh mammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....so yeah if you could bring stuff down...any surf tshirts and stuff like that it would be really cool!!

shari - 12-3-2007 at 03:33 PM

You are so right Diver about looking like Ifly...hohoho...I can't wait for him to see it...so...I am happy that Sirenita is helping out this surf team...they really need it...I would love a t-shirt with that surfinsanta on it...so hopefull some of you nomads will respond and help out this team. As their new team photographer...I will post a pic of the team ..they are real cuties. Maybe some surf shop can send down some stickers or something.

SiReNiTa - 12-3-2007 at 05:12 PM

pleez pleezzzzz these guys are so talented and they are really working hard (we) haha it would be awsome if we could get tshirts or stickers of what ever!!!! competetors for the surf comp??? common guys!!

SiReNiTa - 12-5-2007 at 09:01 PM

hey guys i really need to know who is coming and if anyone wants to compete...any surfers in the area december 22 and 23?? it's free entry and really cool prizes common guysss!!!

shari - 12-5-2007 at 09:29 PM

Sire, why don't you try to post this announcement on some surf sites, maybe someone could help suggest the right ones???

shari - 12-6-2007 at 08:31 PM

I got some leads on promoting the surf competition on Fernandos radio show...Sirena, do you have a larger size poster? Maybe some Nomads can download the poster and post it in their neighbourhood surf shops or coffee shops?

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 11:06 AM

Wanted to share what we are taking to our local surf shop --- just a possible idea for others.

First we copied and printed the official poster---the one on the first post. It prints out fine as on an 8 x 11 sheet of paper.

Then we created this bit of information in English with a few of our pictures from the August tournament.

Then we copied this map.

Hope this all comes out well enough for someone to use if they so desire----

Diane

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by jdtrotter]

shari - 12-7-2007 at 03:16 PM

That's awesome diane, gracias amiga...I think the surfin santa should be on there somewhere though...he's so cool! Maybe you could post this on osme surf sites or other baja sites too

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 03:21 PM

Quote:
That's awesome diane, gracias amiga...I think the surfin santa should be on there somewhere though...he's so cool! Maybe you could post this on osme surf sites or other baja sites too

I printed the Surfing Santa poster separately--

Bajaboy - 12-7-2007 at 03:24 PM

That's really cool Diane.

Zac

SiReNiTa - 12-7-2007 at 05:03 PM

thank's so much diane!!! i really hope people get interested in this...it's cool to have local surfers there but it would be even better to have international surfers too!! we get people from ensenada, la bocana, tortugas, etc. but no one from US.....thank's diane again that's awsome...

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 06:00 PM

Surfers and others,

Please feel free to copy and post the three items at your local surf shop. The one with pictures does not look like a poster on the forum as the background is white, but it is.

A couple of guys at our local surf shop are very familar with Abreojos, The Five plus Two Siblings (code for the real name :lol::lol::lol:), but they did not know about this spot.

Diane

rts551 - 12-7-2007 at 06:47 PM

I would post some in Abreojos, but alas I am in the States right now.

Maybe some should be sent down to Bocana and Abreojos?????

bajaandy - 12-7-2007 at 07:07 PM

This sounds SO DARN FUN!!!! I wish I could make it, but I have plans to travel to the East coast for Christmas. DANG! But I'll be sure to plan for it next time! Keep up the great work Sirenita!

p.s. The poster is awesome.

shari - 12-7-2007 at 09:00 PM

it would be cool to get some folks from san juanico or todos santos up for this too...are there any chat rooms or something like that for those areas like they have in BOLA?

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
it would be cool to get some folks from san juanico or todos santos up for this too...are there any chat rooms or something like that for those areas like they have in BOLA?

Shari,
Check out this site http://www.juanyjuan.com/ for Scorpian Bay, and I think they also are nomads.

vivaloha - 12-7-2007 at 11:32 PM

creative and cool...! love your enthusiasm and rootsy style...V

Bajagypsy - 12-8-2007 at 07:14 AM

Goodness wish we had a surf shop, snow boarders probably would look a little funny with their touques, goggles, mitts and winter boots.
:spingrin::spingrin:
Hopefully one Christmas we can make it down there, it looks like a lot of fun!! Have fun at the surf tournament and take tons of pictures.

rts551 - 12-8-2007 at 09:49 AM

http://scorpionbay.net/

for San Juanico

oladulce - 12-8-2007 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
http://scorpionbay.net/

for San Juanico

The link above will take you to the bulletin board for the campground outside of town which is moderated (edited) by the campground operator. It's where visitors (surfers) ask questions about camping and road conditions etc.

There isn't an online forum used by San Juanico/Pta Pequeña residents.

The best way to spread the word in town about your Torneo de Surf would be the old fashioned way- posters at the gasolineras and markets. Sorry, I won't be down until after your event to post some for you.

[Edited on 12-9-2007 by oladulce]

SiReNiTa - 12-10-2007 at 06:49 PM

thank's to everyone...abreojos and bocana and tortugas are already invited...it's just for people outside that part of the coast...since everyone around there already knows about it lol...so again thank's a bunch for all the help guys and three cheers for MRSfdt!!! she is making the website...look out ppl it's gonna be awsome lalalalalalalaaaaa...i can't wait!!!

shari - 12-10-2007 at 07:07 PM

I got the poster up in San Juanico too. Way to go Sirenita. I think you should post a bit about the mission these kids are on...the way you explained it to me the other night...everyone would love to hear this.

SiReNiTa - 12-10-2007 at 09:02 PM

ooooooook
lol i'll do that...but..just to give you a little taste...you'll have to see the website for the full story hahaha...

SiReNiTa - 12-10-2007 at 09:04 PM

Well, a lot of people that hear about us think we are just a bunch of kids pretending to be surfers, but, we go a lot deeper than that…see we are growing up in a modern society and, though it has its advantages like technology and cool clothes, but it also has it’s downsides like drugs, alcohol, violence, etc. and that is what we are trying to fight…we have seen kids we know, kids we grew up with throw away their lives because of drugs, and we know there is no one to blame except them selves, but instead of saying hey that’s to bad, we want to help…a lot of the kids on the team have had more than one experience with drugs…but what we want is to get kids from our home town and all over to focus more on their lives and our home and take care of it…you are conscious that you’re in a really dangerous place and something could go wrong at any moment. I mean mother nature is not forgiving at all…when you are out in the water you really value what you have, life, you realize that it can be taken away from you in a second, and even though you know you could very possibly die or get hurt really bad our there, you love it so much that you risk it…it’s addicting…but it’s a good addiction, what we want is to get kids interested in surf or skate boarding or soccer or what ever to take their mind of what ever could possibly push them over the edge and in to the hands of the modern monsters like drugs.
When you surf you get such a rush you don’t need drugs or alcohol or video games or anything, all you need is your board, some wax and good waves!!......................................................................................coming soon!!!

SiReNiTa - 12-22-2007 at 08:01 PM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're off!!!!
well the first day of the tournament is over and out...we started a little late since the generator was not there yet so no announcements could be made...we divided the surf competition in to heats of four, there were 3 judges for each heat, today there was boogie boarding and junior surf board, and tomorrow is going to be the free categorie and the finals, of couirse as always asuncion came first in most of the heats and mostly jurjos tem members are competing in the finals but tortugas, abreojos and bocana did a great job too!!!!
it was windy and cold but we had a great time, and now it's of to the disco annual bash, i'll post pic's later...you snooze ya loose guys!! you should have been here it is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Von - 12-22-2007 at 10:09 PM

Wish I could go surf but Im headn to Las Vegas.....and how cold is that h2o its 57 here in SD? Have Fun and rip it up...

fdt - 12-22-2007 at 10:12 PM

Don't forget to send all the details so Simone can update your pages ASAP.

SiReNiTa - 12-23-2007 at 02:50 AM

will do!!! the water is pretty warm...i'm not sur ehow warm but...warm lmao!!!! i gotta get to bed...it's like 3 am..and i have to wake up at 7 tomorrow if i want to get to eat breakfast...unlike today when i ended up eating until 4!!!!! more details tomorrow night...

Iflyfish - 12-24-2007 at 09:00 PM

Congrats on a wonderful event.

Wish I was there! Ho Ho Ho

Feliz Navidad e Prospero Nuevo Ano from Surfer Santa!

Iflyfishwhennothangingteninathong

Bob and Susan - 12-25-2007 at 08:20 AM

well:(:(

what happened

pics????

shari - 12-25-2007 at 08:46 AM

Quick note before we head to the sister in laws place for Christmas morning menudo and lobster pie...the surf competition was really fun...not real big waves, but a lovely day for it. It was fun to watch the kids and the boogie boarders doing their tricks,but the funniest part was when the announcer said that the guy down on the beach was the president of Quicksilver and looking to sponser a surfer and the woman was a photographer from surf magazine...(it was just my brother and his wife!!) Poor Sirenita is completely bagged....dog tired from oranizing and helping out...the Nomads rallied to the cause and made up a large gringo cheering section...they gave surfin santa T-shirts to anyone who donated over $10 to the prize money and the person who picked up the most garbage too. A really good surfer from Ensenada...el Mambo...won the big prize and he was really hot! But our boys cleaned up in the other catagories. I hope next year we can attract some more contestants. No time for pics yet....but soon.

Sharksbaja - 12-25-2007 at 11:32 PM

Hope you had a great time. Good job all u guys promoting the event and btw.....have a happy new year. :D

Gadget - 12-26-2007 at 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
Well, a lot of people that hear about us think we are just a bunch of kids pretending to be surfers, but, we go a lot deeper than that…see we are growing up in a modern society and, though it has its advantages like technology and cool clothes, but it also has it’s downsides like drugs, alcohol, violence, etc. and that is what we are trying to fight…we have seen kids we know, kids we grew up with throw away their lives because of drugs, and we know there is no one to blame except them selves, but instead of saying hey that’s to bad, we want to help…a lot of the kids on the team have had more than one experience with drugs…but what we want is to get kids from our home town and all over to focus more on their lives and our home and take care of it…you are conscious that you’re in a really dangerous place and something could go wrong at any moment. I mean mother nature is not forgiving at all…when you are out in the water you really value what you have, life, you realize that it can be taken away from you in a second, and even though you know you could very possibly die or get hurt really bad our there, you love it so much that you risk it…it’s addicting…but it’s a good addiction, what we want is to get kids interested in surf or skate boarding or soccer or what ever to take their mind of what ever could possibly push them over the edge and in to the hands of the modern monsters like drugs.
When you surf you get such a rush you don’t need drugs or alcohol or video games or anything, all you need is your board, some wax and good waves!!......................................................................................coming soon!!!

Oh my!! Bless you little hermana. It does my older guy heart good to hear such words of wisdom from young people. Many of us have been there and I know for sure I am very fortunate to have made it through my younger years alive. Our son can say the same, and it is so good to see him clean and sober for good.

Juan and Shari, you have done a great job raising your kid, you're proud, I'm sure. :biggrin::biggrin:

shari - 12-27-2007 at 08:27 AM

gracias Gadget and yes I'm very proud of my little mermaid! And I must say, I'm likin these surfers more and more...they are a unique bunch of kids with big hearts and great ideas. They are very excited about the help being offered by our amigos. They are planning a surf school this summer which would be really neat for both the local kids and gringos too so that's our next help project. Any ideas anyone? MsFDT is a fantastic help organizing their website so we can get the info out there. happy holidays

Tomas Tierra - 12-27-2007 at 09:19 AM

Congrat's on what sounds like a groovy event you guys!

edit.
And what a bold outlook on life Sirenita, I hope you get a great wave today.

[Edited on 12-27-2007 by Tomas Tierra]

pOr fiN!!!!!

SiReNiTa - 3-6-2008 at 08:02 PM

ok...i have got the hang of posting pic's haha so here goes!!!

this first one is of one of our guys in the first heat!

jovii!!!!.....

SiReNiTa - 3-6-2008 at 08:07 PM

oops...pic #1

oh wait...that's not jovi...that's a guy from ensenada!!

torneo de surf 014.jpg - 44kB

SiReNiTa - 3-6-2008 at 08:10 PM

more pic's

torneo de surf 017.jpg - 44kB

SiReNiTa - 3-6-2008 at 08:11 PM

torneo de surf 018.jpg - 45kB