BajaNomad

What constitutes hijacking a thread?

Pages:  1    3  ..  10

Packoderm - 12-7-2007 at 08:43 AM

Is it impolite to let a thread stray from its original topic? I've seen it happen many times, but it seems to happen in different ways. To me, it seems more rude if you start a conversation with another board member, and that conversation doesn't seem to be open to the person who started the thread. For instance, say that a person starts a thread about hotels in Baja, then two members start posting back and forth on the thread about something that is interesting only to them such as perhaps what foot fungus medication they used while they were in college together. That to me is hijacking of the worst sort. But what about a thread such as the one about the Jesus statue that just seems to naturally morph from conversation to conversation much like a campfire conversation would? You don't just keep on talking about the same thing until it is completely resolved. Perhaps we could have varying levels of hijacking with corresponding justifications of scorn.

[Edited on 07/17/2004 by Packoderm]

Bajaboy - 12-7-2007 at 08:49 AM

Is it okay to drive at night? I appreciate the help.

bajadock - 12-7-2007 at 08:49 AM

You were THAT roommate of mine in college?

backninedan - 12-7-2007 at 08:52 AM

Driving at nght?? I thought this thread was about Loreto Bay

Bajaboy - 12-7-2007 at 08:54 AM

So is it okay to drive at night at Loreto Bay?

DENNIS - 12-7-2007 at 08:55 AM

Anybody have a good bacon wrapped hotdog recipe?

bajadock - 12-7-2007 at 08:55 AM

NOMAD...defined, American Heritage Dictionary...

A member of a group of people who have no fixed home and move according to the seasons from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land.
A person with no fixed residence who roams about; a wanderer.

BMG - 12-7-2007 at 09:06 AM

When in Baja, is it best to walk or bring your lunch?

Don Alley - 12-7-2007 at 09:08 AM

Hey Paula, what's for dinner tonight?

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 09:08 AM

A wandere, aimlessly:no::no:

bajalou - 12-7-2007 at 09:16 AM

To get back on subject - what size thread do you use to sew up old sails to use as awnings?

wilderone - 12-7-2007 at 09:37 AM

Stay on topic - which was the fungus at college campfires. And really, you shouldn't drive at night.

oladulce - 12-7-2007 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
NOMAD...defined,
A member of a group of people who have no fixed home and move according to the seasons from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land ...

Yep, my home does need fixin' and I am a grazer.

CaboRon - 12-7-2007 at 09:40 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CaboRon

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Anybody have a good bacon wrapped hotdog recipe?

P<*)))><

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 09:46 AM

Oh no,

Now the cartel hijacked a tourist plane. So now it is not safe to fly to Baja?

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 09:48 AM

Will all people who have never been guilty of hijacking a thread, or participating in the hijacking of a thread, please stand up.

Highjacked ?

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 09:54 AM

How about Carjacking ? Is it acceptable to discuss that in a discussion about Highjacking ?

Should we only discuss Highjackings (and Carjackings ?) in Baja or can we include those elsewhere ?

For that matter, is it more acceptable to Highjack a thread about Highjacking than a thread about something else ?

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 09:59 AM

Don,

How can I think about dinner when I'm down here painting the underside of the diningroom table and I just bumped my head trying to stand up in response to Diane's question?

Skipjack Joe - 12-7-2007 at 10:07 AM

I think you've got it right, Packoderm. A good thought usually leads to another. And so on. That's what makes for an interesting conversation. Otherwise, these threads wouldn't have no more than 2 or three posts. I can see the Q&A thread having many posts to a single question. But the discussion thread involves discussion.

For example, that Jesus thread reminds me alot of the famous Jesus statue in Rio De Janiero. I thought about moving the thread in that direction. Is that a hijack? I don't think so, even though we'd move from baja.

The one thing I strongly feel is a hijack is when 2 people start hurling insults at one another. It's a private war and nobody can really participate in the whole thing.

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 10:13 AM

I think the more light-hearted the topic, the looser the definition of what might be considered hijacking.

elizabeth - 12-7-2007 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Don,

How can I think about dinner when I'm down here painting the underside of the diningroom table and I just bumped my head trying to stand up in response to Diane's question?

I think all of us enquiring minds would like to know if you are just painting the underside of the table one color or if you are doing some kind of mural...you know...like a mini cistine chapel kind of thing?

DanO - 12-7-2007 at 10:20 AM

Gigantor. It think this says it all.

gigantor.jpg - 14kB

ELINVESTIG8R - 12-7-2007 at 10:36 AM

David’s Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons white sugar
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1-1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil

1. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the center of the bowl.

2. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, milk, and oil. Pour into well of flour mixture and stir well. Stir just until ingredients are moistened.

3. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter.

4. Cook batter in waffle iron.

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by ELINVESTI8]

HIJACKED.JPG - 11kB

BMG - 12-7-2007 at 10:40 AM

This post also has nothing to do with the original thread so the hijacking thread continues to be hijacked.

Hmmmm...that in itself may be a proper response to the original thread.:?::?:

up front.jpg - 38kB

Hijacked

Don Alley - 12-7-2007 at 10:48 AM

Hijack-DeNiro.jpg - 28kB

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elizabeth
Quote:
Don,

I think all of us enquiring minds would like to know if you are just painting the underside of the table one color or if you are doing some kind of mural...you know...like a mini cistine chapel kind of thing?

Elizabeth, to tell you the truth, it was just a lie. I was not under the table, and I wasn't painting, just wanted an answer to jdtrotter's second post.

I do, however plan to do a little painting on the small front patio in a while.:yes:

Painting ?

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 10:55 AM

I haven't been doing any painting lately, BUT I have been spending a lot of time this week PATCHING leaks with Henrys 208 found as a result of the deluge. Would THAT qualify as painting or is that a Highjack ? At times, I WAS using a paintbrush as an applicator.

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 11:00 AM

Control your trigger finger there, Pompano!!

(when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns);D

I think I was seeing double.

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by Paula]

Natalie Ann - 12-7-2007 at 11:02 AM

Almost the same as painting....
I plan to touch up some spots on my deck with that waterproof sealer.... if it ever stops raining long enough. With new applications of the smelly stuff, tonight's virtual margarita party is on... sealer never dries unless someone's watching.:rolleyes::dudette:

nena

(edited in order to make sense, for heaven's sake)

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by Natalie Ann]

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 11:03 AM

Nena, I'll virtually be there!

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Don,

SIT DOWN, PAULA!!! :tumble::tumble::tumble:

Hey, how you been lately? What color are you painting that table?

Diane

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 11:12 AM

Opps, I didn't read all the posts---another forum sin--

Paula, does that table really need painting and are you going to paint it sometime soon?

Diane

Friday Night Virtual Margarita Hour

Natalie Ann - 12-7-2007 at 11:19 AM

This thread must be the right spot for this announcement:
There are some new plans in the making for our virtual gatherings, friends.

I want to make y'all aware that although it will be no under-the-table Sistine chapel kind of thing, virtual partiers will soon begin a mural on the first floor exterior back of my house... under the grand deck and in view of the lesser deck.

Seems the guys who sprayed on four times as much sealer as necessary also did not cover my white stucco house, and so it's now got plips and plobs of redwood stain sealer all over it. Soon as the weather permits, the virtual party people will be supplied with paint and brushes, glue and beach stuff brought from Baja.... and the Sistine Wall will be produced - under the influence of the tequila combo of your choice.

Please be sure to mark your calendars for a non-rainy night and plan to attend. Perhaps someone will paint us a Jesus and I can post it on Sharksy's thread.;D

Nena

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 11:42 AM

Quote:

under the influence of the tequila combo of your choice.

May improve my artistic ability---how would a stick figure Jesus look? :lol::lol:

Diane

Sharksbaja - 12-7-2007 at 11:47 AM

Jesus Christ is dead.

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Control your trigger finger there, Pompano!!

(when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns);D

I think I was seeing double.

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by Paula]

Following this, it is only logical that when paint brushes are outlawed, only painters will have brushes. :light:

Now, to expound on the topic: Upon reading this whole string, I have come to the conclusion that you are all at the mercy of that.................uh.............what was the topic? Oh well!:rolleyes:

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 12:05 PM

Oh, Hi Jack! Where have you been? We were worried about you. :?:

David K - 12-7-2007 at 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Is it impolite to let a thread stray from its original topic? I've seen it happen many times, but it seems to happen in different ways. To me, it seems more rude if you start a conversation with another board member, and that conversation doesn't seem to be open to the person who started the thread. For instance, say that a person starts a thread about hotels in Baja, then two members start posting back and forth on the thread about something that is interesting only to them such as perhaps what foot fungus medication they used while they were in college together. That to me is hijacking of the worst sort. But what about a thread such as the one about the Jesus statue that just seems to naturally morph from conversation to conversation much like a campfire conversation would? You don't just keep on talking about the same thing until it is completely resolved. Perhaps we could have varying levels of hijacking with corresponding justifications of scorn.

This is great Packo, I can relate!:lol::lol::lol::light:

Now, let me post some photos that (older) Nomads have seen dozens of times before, tell you how close the El Camino Real is to where you are, talk about when I was there as a kid, yadda, yadda, yadda...:o:bounce::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by David K]

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 12:19 PM

Golly-gosh you guys! This is the best thread EVER!!!!

Like a big old fashiond topicless LOVE-IN!!!!!!

Sharksbaja - 12-7-2007 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Golly-gosh you guys! This is the best thread EVER!!!!

Like a big old fashiond topicless LOVE-IN!!!!!!

Whew, what a relief! I thought you said "topless LOVE-IN"

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

This is great Packo, I can relate!:lol::lol::lol::light:

Now, let me post some photos that (older) Nomads have seen dozens of times before, tell you how close the El Camino Real is to where you are, talk about when I was there as a kid, yadda, yadda, yadda...:o:bounce::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by David K]

David,
It's great to see that you see the humor in parody. Post away, my friend! :yes:

Natalie Ann - 12-7-2007 at 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
-how would a stick figure Jesus look? :lol::lol:

Diane

A stick figure Jesus is just what's called for here.... but Sharksy sez he's dead, doesn't mention resurrection... so be sure to paint him lying down, Diane.

Perhaps we could cover all my house with the gods, the prophets, and the best movie stars in history. We can include Superman and Godzilla and other heroes. Nice mural it will be. I'm sure my neighbors will enjoy the new scenery.

Nena

Sharksbaja - 12-7-2007 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:

A stick figure Jesus is just what's called for here.... but Sharksy sez he's dead, doesn't mention resurrection... so be sure to paint him lying down, Diane.

Nena

You mean he's alive somewhere? That's exactly what I said earlier..... be nice to EVERYONE....cause you just never know WHO you are talking to.

Surf's Up!

Lee - 12-7-2007 at 12:41 PM

La Pastora

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

Nena

You mean he's alive somewhere? That's exactly what I said earlier..... be nice to EVERYONE....cause you just never know WHO you are talking to.

Who are you anyway:?::o:o:o

Natalie Ann - 12-7-2007 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja

Nena

So you see, we've come full circle - albeit on the wrong thread - and Sharksy, you were right all the time. Gotta be a good feeling. Perhaps we need to find a spot for you on the deity wall.:biggrin:

Nena

The Jesus Question

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 12:44 PM

In the U.S., 76.4 % believe that he lives.

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
La Pastora

What's in a name?

It only makes sense that a Marine would be a surfer. Also, it is not lost on me that you are on the lee side of that wave.

backninedan - 12-7-2007 at 12:44 PM

Jesus is dead?? I didn't even know he was sick.

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Oh, Hi Jack! Where have you been? We were worried about you. :?:

Been working HWY 1 around Rosarito :(:(

The LEE side ?

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 12:48 PM

With no other evidence in the photo than the spray, the assumption could be made that the surfer is on the windward side of the break.

I'd say it was inconclusive.

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by MrBillM]

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
With no other evidence in the photo than the spray, the assumption could be made that the surfer is on the windward side of the break.

I'd say it was inconslusive.

Prove it!

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 01:11 PM

And my dog just pooped a smelly pile on the Loreto Bay beach.:biggrin:

toneart - 12-7-2007 at 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
And my dog just pooped a smelly pile on the Loreto Bay beach.:biggrin:

I'm sorry. Your tiny little pocket dog is disqualified. He can't compete with the big boys. All he can produce are the warm little squishy squiggles that barely pop up through the toes. Maybe aesthetically attractive, but on the olfactory scale from 1 to 10 it is a #2.:biggrin:

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 01:28 PM

Grover!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are so totally off-topic!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Achtung!

Skipjack Joe - 12-7-2007 at 02:29 PM

Highjacking ist verboten!

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by Skipjack Joe]

orange-Hitler11cx.jpg - 47kB

Wave envy

oladulce - 12-7-2007 at 02:35 PM

I'm envious of this beautiful wave so I'm just going to hijack it.

PROVE WHAT ?

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 03:09 PM

"With no other evidence in the photo than the spray, the assumption could be made that the surfer is on the windward side of the break. I'd say it was inconclusive".

Your Turn.

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
"With no other evidence in the photo than the spray, the assumption could be made that the surfer is on the windward side of the break. I'd say it was inconclusive".

Your Turn.

And your mother wears army boots :P:biggrin:

MOM ?

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 03:18 PM

I don't think so, but the lower lid on the coffin was closed at the service so I can't say for sure what she's wearing.

She never showed any preference for them, though, that I'm aware of.

I'd ask Dad, but he's buried in the same spot. I don't remember him ever wearing them either, but he was in the Navy.

I wore them quite often back in my motorcycle days and I still have a pair in the closet, but I don't do anything anymore where I can't wear Tennis Shoes.

Barry A. - 12-7-2007 at 03:24 PM

Quote:

I wore them quite often back in my motorcycle days and I still have a pair in the closet, but I don't do anything anymore where I can't wear Tennis Shoes.

"Tennie shoes" are passe--------------fancy TEVA's are in now--------no mas tennis shoes----only flip-flops. :lol:

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

"Tennie shoes" are passe--------------fancy TEVA's are in now--------no mas tennis shoes----only flip-flops. :lol:

Teva's break---Chacos are the only way to go, except I wear my suede Birkenstocks for formal occations.

Oh, maybe Teva's are better for people on the right of the political spectrum, with Birks and Chacos so leftwing. :lol::lol:

Diane

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by jdtrotter]

comitan - 12-7-2007 at 03:38 PM

Mrbill

Look at the top of the waves, the wind is from the shore so that would make to ocean side the leeward side.

HUH ?

MrBillM - 12-7-2007 at 04:17 PM

It seems that we are in agreement that the Spray is the only indicator without further information. However, we differ in assessing that indicator.

With only a two-dimensional view, it Appears to me that the wind is blowing Left to Right. The Spray is angled in that direction. IF that is the case, the surfer is to windward of the break.

Your assumption is that the spray indicates an offshore breeze. That makes the FACE of the Wave the Windward side and WOULD still place the surfer to WINDWARD of the wave.

The LEE SIDE is ALWAYS the side AWAY from which the wind blows. The side sheltered from the wind. However, when discussing a land mass, the LEE SHORE is the one onto which the wind blows. The admonition to avoid a Lee Shore is based on the premise that, should you lose the ability to navigate, the wind will blow you onto that shore and destruction. That dangerous shore is on YOUR Lee side.

The Sculpin - 12-7-2007 at 04:17 PM

This depends on your frame of reference. If the wave is the focal point, Mr. Bill is exactomundo - surfer is facing the wind, therefore he is on the windward side of the wave. If the frame of reference is the island, then Comitan is "snug-as-a-bug and bob's you're uncle!". As any surfer knows, all the good waves are on the leeward side!

Taking a step back, I know Pastora is not on an island, so can you really use these terms with a continent?

As for hijacking threads, I'm all for it!

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 04:29 PM

Opps, now it is a surfing thread, so it is definitely not in the correct forum----doesn't belong in General Discussion, does it? :lol::lol::lol:

Paula - 12-7-2007 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:

Teva's break---Chacos are the only way to go, except I wear my suede Birkenstocks for formal occations.

Oh, maybe Teva's are better for people on the right of the political spectrum, with Birks and Chacos so leftwing. :lol::lol:

Diane

[Edited on 12-7-2007 by jdtrotter]

Let's make it a fashion thread! Diane, I'd like to go shoe shopping with you!

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 04:58 PM

Since this thread has been hijacked by the fashion police, and also because this is a season of giving and I don't have a receipe for bacon wrapped hotdogs or good old fashioned waffles, I donated 10 inches of my hair today to http://locksoflove.org/. Now I'm going to make 4 lbs. of frosting for 10 gingerbread houses for Cody's 4H group and not have to worry about depositing any of my dna in the mix.

ps. I don't know how to surf.
pps. If you wear Tevas, don't wear socks. Please.

P<"")))>< (that's a P. fish with short hair on top)

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
If you wear Tevas, don't wear socks. Please.

Hey, I have to wear socks with Chacos and Birkenstocks---how else can one keep their feet warm in the winter?
:lol::lol:

Paula, don't you agree? :P

Diane

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 05:10 PM

Oh, ok. I guess in the winter you can have a fashion respite. Farmer tanned ankles are...so last year!

P<*)))><

comitan - 12-7-2007 at 05:14 PM

Mrbill

Sorry we agree and agreed!!!!!!!!!

castaway$ - 12-7-2007 at 05:22 PM

So who's voting for Hillary?

Barry A. - 12-7-2007 at 05:31 PM

Hillary wears Birkenstocks, I hear. That is suspect, right there, for both the shoes, and for Hillary.

Teva's DO NOT break------if still am wearing two pair (tho not at the same time) that I got in 1988. Chaco's are great, also, I admit-------but Birk's????? NO, no way.

And in winter, I too wear socks with my fancy Teva's----have to since Teva's are ALL that I ever wear, and it's cold up here in the north-country.

barry

gnukid - 12-7-2007 at 05:35 PM

Hey apparently large purple rapala are working for wahoo off ceralvo. I hope this answers what you're asking about.

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 05:39 PM

Barry,

I just hope that your socks are not black. Yes, black shows less dirt, but do some laundry if you have to and wear white ones.
You can now wear white anytime of the year without breaking any fatal fashion rules.

P<*)))><

castaway$ - 12-7-2007 at 05:45 PM

Wow this thread is catching " The list" for pages of posts, keep em coming.

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$
Wow this thread is catching " The list" for pages of posts, keep em coming.

I would have thought Bob and Susan to jump in for some free advertising :biggrin::biggrin:

BajaDanD - 12-7-2007 at 05:48 PM

can someone please tell me how to get my dog to shut up he is outside in the rain crying.

vandenberg - 12-7-2007 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDanD
can someone please tell me how to get my dog to shut up he is outside in the rain crying.

Shoot'm before the neighbor does :P

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 05:53 PM

Threaten your dog with one of these reindeer hats. He'll shut up. It worked for ours.

mtgoat666 - 12-7-2007 at 05:54 PM

Quote:

how much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

castaway$ - 12-7-2007 at 05:56 PM

Thats an easy one, try this one-
The sixth sick sheiks sixth sheeps sick.

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 05:59 PM

I couldn't even read that from the start and it's not even 5:00 somewhere.

P<*)))><

Minnow - 12-7-2007 at 05:59 PM

This thread reminds me of the old Amigo's de Baja. (the early years) People just said what they wanted, and nobody cared.

Tevas don't break, they wear out. Birks are not just for righties. I love bacon wrapped hot dogs. I'm jonesing for one now. No way is that Lee on that wave, he only goes to his left. Pomp put more paint on the house and less on you. I love the new entrance to Mulege. More colors please. Wait was that this thread. I am so confused. I guess I need a virtual happy hour. Caio.

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
This thread reminds me of the old Amigo's de Baja. (the early years) People just said what they wanted, and nobody cared.

Wasn't that the way to go?

P<*)))><

The Sculpin - 12-7-2007 at 06:02 PM

This reminds me of the scene in Indiana Jones when in the midst of a fight he is confronted with a large sword wielding serafin. Jones shrugs his head, looks down in disbelief, and proceeds to take his colt out of its holster and shoots the man dead.......

I believe he makes off in a plane after that!

Man, he wouldn't survive a day in baja.....

BajaDanD - 12-7-2007 at 06:03 PM

Raindeer hat wont fit

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by BajaDanD]

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by BajaDanD]

Hank.jpg - 39kB

Minnow - 12-7-2007 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Wasn't that the way to go?
P<*)))><

Yep, we didn't know better, and we didn't care. :lol:

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 06:04 PM

Paulina,
That is dog abuse---calling the SPCA and PETA right now. :yes::yes::yes:

Now to stay on topic---I think it is the topic,

Black socks are OK with sandals as long as the sandals are not brown. :lol::lol:

The rat ran over the roof of the house with a lump of raw liver in its mouth------

Diane

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaDanD
Raindeer hat wont fit

Not to worry BajaDanD, I can make them to fit.

Minnow - 12-7-2007 at 06:08 PM

How do you compete with that? When you went to the drive thru puppy store they must have asked you if you wanted it supersized, and you said ho yea.

Natalie Ann - 12-7-2007 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
I donated 10 inches of my hair today to http://locksoflove.org/. Now I'm going to make 4 lbs. of frosting for 10 gingerbread houses for Cody's 4H group and not have to worry about depositing any of my dna in the mix.

ps. I don't know how to surf.
pps. If you wear Tevas, don't wear socks. Please.

Paulina.... We frequent the same 'church'. I, too, donate to locksoflove... have an appointment for cutting of near 12" next Friday. Do this once a year, but generally not quite so much at once. I'm asking Santa to bring me a cap like Cora's to keep my head warm this winter.

Need to add that I'm another who wears sandals all year - with those cute little patterned polar guard sox I buy at REI. Friend in Ensenada tries to encourage me to wear 'real' shoes... but I just buy more sox.:biggrin::dudette:

Nena

DianaT - 12-7-2007 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Friend in Ensenada tries to encourage me to wear 'real' shoes... but I just buy more sox.:biggrin::dudette:

Nena

Hey, just add a pair of shoe laces to the top of your sandals, and bingo, you have "real" shoes. :P:P

We would never put ANY hat or clothes on our dogs--
:lol:

Dad, promise me I am not next

Paulina - 12-7-2007 at 06:15 PM

Nena,
My hair doesn't grow as fast as yours. It took me 2 years to get the 10" I gave away this afternoon. It was kinda scary, she put it into a braid and then one quick chop and it was gone. Funny, I had a dream a few nights ago about chopping it all off.

I don't wear shoes either. Thongs are what work for me.

Minnow,
Rhubarb was a big boy. He weighed 250lb. His neck was 32" round. I'm currently on the waiting list for a puppy...crossing my fingers!

P<"")))><

[Edited on 8-12-2007 by Paulina]

castaway$ - 12-7-2007 at 06:21 PM

My wife wears a thong sometimes but she only wears one, two would look kinda silly. No photo attached

[Edited on 12-8-2007 by castaway$]

Natalie Ann - 12-7-2007 at 06:24 PM

Yep Paulina, just before they take those LARGE shears and chop off the braid of hair I always feel a cold chill run up my spine.

But one year I met a teen who had a wig made of my hair. She was beautiful! Looked better on her than on me.:lol: And of course we both had to hug and cry and cry and hug about the whole thing. Ever since that time, I've felt the growing and cutting of my hair to be a most rewarding venture.

Nena

Minnow - 12-7-2007 at 06:24 PM

Rubarb is shooting a rocket in that pic. or is it a barb? He must love the camera.:bounce:

You two are scaring me. My wife has been wanting to chop her locks for years. Should I tell her about this or not.:no:

[Edited on 8-12-2007 by Minnow]

??

gibson - 12-7-2007 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann

But one year I met a teen who had a wig made of my hair. She was beautiful! Looked better on her than on me.:lol: And of course we both had to hug and cry and cry and hug about the whole thing. Ever since that time, I've felt the growing and cutting of my hair to be a most rewarding venture.

Nena

?? as I prepare for the chop after 3 years growth for donation, in my research it's my understanding you do not get to know who the recipient may / will be !? it's part of the deal. hmmm

rts551 - 12-7-2007 at 06:37 PM

Hey wait look at me.... Look at me... I'm important,, I have 5 posts, Look at me

Pages:  1    3  ..  10