We will look to the house of love we built together and say our goodbyes

Then we will celebrate her passing with a Longosta Feast at her favorite spot

Before long my Lady Lu and I will, again, walk hand in hand

Along a sun lit path of love down an unending Baja Beach

Forever and ever, together!

Paulina - 12-17-2007 at 09:26 PM

Very nice Bernie.

vacaenbaja - 12-17-2007 at 10:53 PM

We are all traveling down that same road.Our life, in so doing, is often enriched by the companions that we find along the way. By our common interest in Baja we have come to know a little bit about a man named Bernie.
Point of view,shared experiences of times gone by,boardered by Baja pearls of wisdom make up the tapestry of his works. Not everyone has the particluar "don"
of being able to write in such an engaging manner.
The late Mike Humphrevile had it as did Jimmy Smith. Two men who I have never met, yet two whose contibution to this site I miss. Long may you write my friend.

vacaenbaja

Baja Bernie - 12-18-2007 at 09:54 PM

Thank you for the kind words............They do mean very much to me.

In the new year that will be confronting us so very shortly I plan on extending my writing of Baja and hopefully bring it more up to date by visiting more of my Nomad friends in Baja Sur and providing trip reports of what I see and hear through their eyes and experiences.

I look forward to that challenge much as a teenager would.

Eli - 12-19-2007 at 03:17 PM

Bernie,

So good to read the above, and know that your lady is not so far away, just a spirit in your heart these days. I am assured that she will guide you on your continuded journey here, just as Don Jimmy has always done for me.

Every step, every which way I go, there he is, right along the paths of my lifes adventures he is always with me, these days he speaks direct to my heart and soul, no visable face, but he is just as much present with me as when he was a living breathing manifistaion of his ever lovin sweet soul.

msawin - 12-19-2007 at 10:35 PM

Bernie,
Those are some of the most touching words, wrote together and shared with me I have ever read....
Thank you for that.
Marty Sawin God bless........

Von - 12-19-2007 at 10:52 PM

Eventhough Ive only been married 13.5yrs I hate to think what will it feel when those days will come, I get sad evry time I imagine this, I feel you my friend. I was born in BAja I met my wife In Baja and proposed in SAn miguel POint and one day our ashes will be throne there. You have a strong spirit Bernie, You probably know me From La Barca that really doesnt exist anymore in Rosarito. I remember JR in La Barca I was the last one to see him I gave him a hug that day, about 2 years ago this week. Im Armando.

Thank you Bernie,

djh - 12-19-2007 at 11:08 PM

Always your words make me stop, reflect, think....
and often simle.
But tonight I have a small tear welling....
and a sore lump in my throat.
Not because I have experienced your same loss,
but because I have a similar unreserved love....
I can't imagine my life without my precious Shing.
Thank you for sharing that space in your heart with us.
We love you, Bernie.
Even those of us who only know you through your words here.
djh

Mexitron - 12-20-2007 at 08:06 AM

Nice Bernie, really heartfelt, what a great sendoff for your wife!

David K - 12-20-2007 at 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Thank you for the kind words............They do mean very much to me.

In the new year that will be confronting us so very shortly I plan on extending my writing of Baja and hopefully bring it more up to date by visiting more of my Nomad friends in Baja Sur and providing trip reports of what I see and hear through their eyes and experiences.

I look forward to that challenge much as a teenager would.

My son Chris and I had the privilege of joining Bernie for lunch this week. I can tell you that we Nomads can look forward to many new stories from Berine as he travels the Baja peninsula in his 'MI BAJA, NO HURRY, NO WORRY-BOUNCING AROUND BAJA-THINK YOU KNOW BAJA' mobile command unit!!!:light:

Thanks Bernie... Now, go get 'em!

Armando

Baja Bernie - 12-26-2007 at 06:52 PM

Von, I knew it was you and I will always remember the words you spoke when you said goodby to our friend, JR.......It seems only yesterday that he would twist the tail of many on this board...........Two years.......most hard to believe.
Saludos!