BajaNomad

This is Baja related--because Sentri is our gateway back from Baja

Baja Bernie - 1-10-2008 at 05:27 PM

I received this letter today----and just had to share it with my friend here on the board.

OTAY MESA, CA 2500 Paseo Internaciaonal San Diego, CA 92143 USA

12/29/2007
Luann Swaim
9347 Knollwood Way
Santee, C A 9207 1-23 13
I|,|,...|.|||,,,|,M|...||..|. lull.... Null. .1.. II... l.,,lll

RE: Your SENTRI Program Membership #1000191 53 DearTTuann

Thank you for your participation in the SENTRI program. This is to inform you we have received a request to close your SENTRI program membership because of the following reason:

Participant passed away in Nov/2007 as per husband notification.

As a consequence of this request, your membership privileges and access to any expedited passage lanes has been terminated. If you have not already done so, please return your SENTRI card to the nearest Enrollment Center.

Please disregard if you were not issued a card.

If at a later time you decide you would like to participate in the SENTRI program again, you must complete a new application and submit any required fees.

Sincerely,
Supervisor, SENTRI Enrollment Center U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Please NOTE THAT THEY GIVE HER THE OPTION OF RE-APPLYING AT A LATER DATE---what a pleasant thought!

Paulina - 1-10-2008 at 06:25 PM

I have a feeling she's laughing out loud big time at that one!

P<*)))><

David K - 1-10-2008 at 06:29 PM

That is so classic Bernie... funny if it weren't so sad.

I can't imagine anyone thinking the government should run our medical system if they send out letters to the dead inviting them to reapply if they change their mind (about being dead???).

Please send it to the TV stations!

DENNIS - 1-10-2008 at 06:33 PM

Some things never die.
Bernie....They treat your beloved wife as the IRS treats a debt. Shame on them for their heartless behaviour.

I must agree with Paulina

Baja Bernie - 1-10-2008 at 09:06 PM

All that is left is to laugh...............just how stupid can it get.

bajaguy - 1-10-2008 at 09:08 PM

DavidK....wonder what comments Vince Bond would have????

David K - 1-11-2008 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
DavidK....wonder what comments Vince Bond would have????

I emailed him a copy of Bernie's post... ;)

Thanks David

Baja Bernie - 1-11-2008 at 08:52 AM

Eli - 1-12-2008 at 07:49 PM

Bernie,

Thanks so much for sharing your insights and humor. I really enjoyed your post and the thread that followed it.

I am sure if there is anyway in the hevens Don Jimmy and LuAnn could meet over this one, they would for sure be having a chuckle over the irony; Of course, that is how it works on planet earth, and for sure in the regard to their/our beloved Baja, over the course of a life time of hassles dealing with the damable boarder issues.

Ah well, life goes on................

Santiago - 1-13-2008 at 09:22 AM

Bernie: Hope you don't mind if I pass this on to a good friend who is a retired ICE employee (Border Patrol and Investigations). He'll get a big laugh out of this.