BajaNomad

Chargers !!

vandenberg - 1-13-2008 at 02:05 PM

No matter if you're a fan or not. One of the most exciting and better games of this season. Go chargers !!

BMG - 1-13-2008 at 02:23 PM

What? Chargers win?!? How did that happen?!?!?!?

Bajaboy - 1-13-2008 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG

Duh, they scored more points than the Colts.

Zac

David K - 1-13-2008 at 02:27 PM

It's a beautiful thing! New England, here we come!

Skipjack Joe - 1-13-2008 at 02:27 PM

Congrats Charger fans. It was a good one. Hope Tomlinson is available for the New England game.

bajajudy - 1-13-2008 at 02:28 PM

Great game!
Azteca will air superbowl too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizard lips - 1-13-2008 at 02:28 PM

Watch out New England!

Were on a rollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

El Jefe - 1-13-2008 at 02:32 PM

Nothing like watching a dramatic Charger win from way down here in no man's land. Whoopee!! It's a beautiful day in paradise.

BMG - 1-13-2008 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Originally posted by BMG

Duh, they scored more points than the Colts.

Zac

Oh.

Yes.....!!!

Mexray - 1-13-2008 at 02:44 PM

....Our 'Stockton Spanos' Chargers came through again....I peg them to put the big hurt on the Pat's and ruin their undefeated season...Wouldn't that be the greatest!!!:spingrin:

aztec_s.jpg - 12kB

Hook - 1-13-2008 at 02:45 PM

As much as the refs tried to give it to the Colts,

THE CHARGER DEFENSE WOULD NOT BE DENIED !!!!

Chargers have the only defense that might be able to slow down the Pats.

GO BOLTS !!!!!!!!

[Edited on 1-13-2008 by Hook]

bajadock - 1-13-2008 at 03:03 PM

GO BROWNS!

DENNIS - 1-13-2008 at 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
GO BROWNS!

They're gone, Doc....Long gone.

bajajudy - 1-13-2008 at 03:22 PM

Since all I had was Spanish announcers, I have to ask. What happened when that obvious TD was denied. I was cooking and watching and was sure it was a TD and then looked up and there was no score.

lizard lips - 1-13-2008 at 03:47 PM

HOLDING CALL AGAINST THE BOLTS. IT WASN'T HOLDING AT ALL!

EVEN THE REF'S ARE TAKING LESSONS FROM THE TJ COPS...........

SDRonni - 1-13-2008 at 03:54 PM

WOO-HOO! I'M A HAPPY, HAPPY CHARGERS FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob H - 1-13-2008 at 03:57 PM

This frist time the Chargers beat the Colts, they all said they really should have lost. Now, this time around I say the score really should have been Bolts 38 to Colts 24 - bad calls by the refs for sure. But, WE WON MAN! WE WON! And, with so many backup players due to injuries in key positions.
Now, bring on New England!
Bob H

Hook - 1-13-2008 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
HOLDING CALL AGAINST THE BOLTS. IT WASN'T HOLDING AT ALL!

EVEN THE REF'S ARE TAKING LESSONS FROM THE TJ COPS...........

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

baitcast - 1-13-2008 at 05:12 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Dreamers

bajadogs - 1-13-2008 at 05:16 PM

It's a gift to replay the Pats.

Pats are beatable. They have not faced a real defense in a while.

dogs

[Edited on 1-14-2008 by bajadogs]

nobaddays - 1-13-2008 at 05:23 PM

New England can play on their knees and still win !!!!!:lol:

time for you Bolts fans to make a killing

BMG - 1-13-2008 at 05:40 PM

Pats are favored by 14.5 so it sounds like easy money.

vandenberg - 1-13-2008 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by nobaddays

Didn't I hear that about the Colts.:P

Take the points folks and clean up.:saint:

Hook - 1-13-2008 at 07:36 PM

That's too many points IF IF IF IF IF, Rivers, Gates and LT are healthy.

And if the refs aren't in on it like with the Colts...........:fire:

Indianapolis sports writer

BMG - 1-13-2008 at 08:03 PM

"This was a great game that was poorly played and poorly officiated. The Chargers' offense looked confused for much of the game, the Colts committed three turnovers and the refs blew more calls than can be believed in a game of this magnitude. But if the details were ugly, the overall picture was beautiful. Six lead changes. Nobodies coming in off the bench to lead the team to victory. Momentum changing almost every time possession switched, and the outcome unclear until the final minute."

Hook - 1-13-2008 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
"This was a great game that was poorly played and poorly officiated. The Chargers' offense looked confused for much of the game, the Colts committed three turnovers and the refs blew more calls than can be believed in a game of this magnitude. But if the details were ugly, the overall picture was beautiful. Six lead changes. Nobodies coming in off the bench to lead the team to victory. Momentum changing almost every time possession switched, and the outcome unclear until the final minute."

That's a pretty astute observation, IMO.

Manning looked even more rattled than Rivers at times. Credit the Bolt "D".

HotSchott - 1-14-2008 at 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nobaddays

I knew a girl from New England that could play on her knees. I don't know if she was a winner in the traditional sense. She always got the prize though.:o

Bolts really showed some character - who knows what's next.

TMW - 1-14-2008 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
Pats are favored by 14.5 so it sounds like easy money.

The last time I bet on the Chargers was when they were in the Superbowl and I lost $500. I'll skip the bet this time, but I do hope they win. When Marty was fired and Norv hired I never gave them a chance to get this far. Go Chargers.

Hook - 1-14-2008 at 09:31 AM

Phil Simms and Shannon Sharpe have said that the Pats will score at least 38 and 40 points on the Charger defense, respectively.

I doubt it.

The only way we win this is if we can get constant pressure up front and our linebackers make tackles on short passes in front of them.

We will score on New England if the main guys are healthy. This looks like the weakest Pat defense of all their past clubs.

bajadock - 1-14-2008 at 09:49 AM

Hey, who is this "we"? What position are you playing?:bounce::bounce:

wilderone - 1-14-2008 at 09:58 AM

If the Chargers can defend against NE the same way they did in the last 7 minutes of the Colts game, then the Chargers will beat NE. If NE can't complete passes and get intercepted, then how will they score? It's not just about QBs. Weddle's interception was magic. If NE's game plan is to snuff LT's performance, then the Chargers have already proven they've got 2 more - Sproles and Turner - to keep that game plan from being accomplished. At the very least, the Chargers won't make it easy for them.

Hook - 1-14-2008 at 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
Hey, who is this "we"? What position are you playing?:bounce::bounce:

The Bolt Brotherhood, bro.

I'm a member of the 23rd player on the team.

bajadedom - 1-14-2008 at 10:36 AM

This was an AMAZING win....against ALL odds....Go Bolts...another road victory in the cold at Foxborough and it's Superbowl time....gonna be as tough as they get though..And Go Giants too...

TMW - 1-14-2008 at 03:04 PM

["..And Go Giants too... "]

Now that would be something if the Chargers and the Giants play in the Superbowl. With Eli shunning the Chargers in the draft. And if the Chargers beat em. Wow, but I dream too much maybe.

Bob H - 1-14-2008 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
["..And Go Giants too... "]

Now that would be something if the Chargers and the Giants play in the Superbowl. With Eli shunning the Chargers in the draft. And if the Chargers beat em. Wow, but I dream too much maybe.

That would be the ULTIMATE Super Bowl for Charger fans. Beating Eli's team in that show would be just great. But, if they get there and loose against him... ugh. The networks would shivver at the thought of that matchup.

We gotta get by NE first - and we can do it!
Bob H

HEY!

BMG - 1-14-2008 at 10:30 PM

Anyone hear if they still have any football teams in the Bay area of CA?:lol::lol:

David K - 1-15-2008 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
Anyone hear if they still have any football teams in the Bay area of CA?:lol::lol:

I seem to recall some Superbowl quality teams that once were up there... was it, was it... yes... the 49ers and the Raiders!! I believe the Chargers actually played the 49ers in a Superbowl once!? LOL :light::lol::o

[Edited on 1-15-2008 by David K]

Hook - 1-15-2008 at 12:05 PM

Heard yesterday that initial predictions were for a HIGH of 16 degrees at game time.

I hope the Chargers arent practicing out here in a Santa Ana condition. :O

Bob H - 1-15-2008 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Heard yesterday that initial predictions were for a HIGH of 16 degrees at game time.

I hope the Chargers arent practicing out here in a Santa Ana condition. :O

Last update I heard last night was 20 degrees and sunny at game time, going into the high teens during the game. Could start some snow flurries toward the end of the game.

As for practice - I think most of the major, hurt players are not working out at all for the next couple of days, some not practicing all week (Gates).
Bob H

vandenberg - 1-15-2008 at 01:37 PM

Being from Southern California, they should flood the stands with Jessica Simpsons and be quaranteed a winner.:biggrin:

Plenty of them available and most will volunteer.:P:biggrin:

Skipjack Joe - 1-15-2008 at 05:11 PM

IMO the Chargers defense really wasn't that good in that colts game. The rush that is. They just weren't putting enough pressure on Manning and he was carving up yards like no tomorrow.

Can't let that happen with Brady. Somehow they have to figure out a way to put more pressure. With such a poor rushing job I was surprised they didn't sometimes have the linebackers and/or safeties come in.

Hook - 1-15-2008 at 06:58 PM

I agree, Joe, but it's easier said than done. Teams have been blitzing Brady alot this year and he still finds receivers.

Next to Brady, maybe the most impressive part of the Pats is that darn offensive line. Those guys are tremendous.

Bob H - 1-15-2008 at 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Next to Brady, maybe the most impressive part of the Pats is that darn offensive line. Those guys are tremendous.

I think the Chargers defense is much more physical than the Pat's offense. Can't wait to see this matchup!
Bob H

capt. mike - 1-16-2008 at 06:59 AM

Pat's will be very hard for chargers to beat. Brady is just too much to stop.
i look for them and Packers to be visiting Phx in early feb........that will be a good super duper bowl for a change.

Skipjack Joe - 1-16-2008 at 02:36 PM

Too bad the pats and chargers are in the same conference. Either one can beat green bay.

baitcast - 1-16-2008 at 03:16 PM

Surely you Bolt fans jest:lol: not this weekend.

Hook - 1-16-2008 at 06:47 PM

Like Bloody Mary sez,

''.........you got to have a dream, if you ain't got no dream,

how you gonna make a dream come true !

pascuale - 1-17-2008 at 12:34 PM

Thanks for deleting my post, Browns suck, Chargers are going to Pheonix

Rivers practices at least

Hook - 1-18-2008 at 04:52 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=32032...

The patriots is the team Americans love to hate the most.

Skipjack Joe - 1-20-2008 at 10:41 AM

Why?

You'll see in just a few hours from now.

Hook - 1-20-2008 at 10:48 AM

I really cant hate this team as much as, say, the Raiders or the Steelers. Well, except for Rodney Harrison. I seriously dislike that guy.

It's the closest thing to watching the efficiency of the 49ers in their heyday. There is an admiration that seems to overcome the dislike of this team for me.

Plus, I HATE dynasties.

vandenberg - 1-20-2008 at 12:51 PM

Well dear friends,
The moment of truth is about upon us.:biggrin:

Go Chargers :P

Kell-Baja - 1-20-2008 at 02:44 PM

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
LETS GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::b
ounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Kell-Baja - 1-20-2008 at 02:45 PM

At the 1/2 we're not on top but we're in the Game & going Strong:tumble:

& Look Thanks to the Chargers, I'm now a Jr. Nomad:yes:

[Edited on 1-20-2008 by Kell-Baja]

Paulina - 1-20-2008 at 03:07 PM

Congrats Kell-Baja, and Go Chargers!

Pats ahead and ? in Control ?

MrBillM - 1-20-2008 at 03:59 PM

5:04 remaining 1st and 10 SD 44 Leading 21-12

They"Might" even beat the spread which will cost me, but not much.

Look on the Bright side. Years ago, as a Charger Fan I HATED the Miami Dolphins.

It's past time to bury their solo Undefeated season.

A double dose of good news

New England WINS, but doesn't beat the spread.

[Edited on 1-20-2008 by MrBillM]

bancoduo - 1-20-2008 at 04:08 PM

I hope they take the loss with dignity, instead of the Spanos whine.

wornout - 1-20-2008 at 04:09 PM

And as they say, That is That. Well, they gave it their best. I sure wanted them to beat New England but it didn't happen. They just announced it is '0' degrees in Green Bay and the wind chill makes it -30 and as he said, good old time football.

Skipjack Joe - 1-20-2008 at 04:32 PM

The defense did their part. The offense was good, just needed to convert in that red zone. Too bad about Thomlinson. It appears the injury was greater than they let on.

The Pats looked very beatable. They're not invincible.

New Charger helmet

Loboron - 1-20-2008 at 04:42 PM

When they move to Chula Vista

!cid_003201c85bbc$66b86940$33f70644@usero5e8bczn13.jpg - 8kB

bajaguy - 1-20-2008 at 04:47 PM

Loboron.....Love it!!!!!

CaboRon - 1-20-2008 at 05:34 PM

I grew up in San Diego and have been a Chargers fan for many years..... and I thought this was their best year yet !!

The Patriots are a formadable team.... and although I am sorry we lost I now hope the Pats go and make it a completely undefeated year.... I not sure , but it may be a first. I will be rooting for them at the Super Bowl.

CaboRon

Hook - 1-20-2008 at 07:00 PM

I felt like the lack of Tomlinson and Rivers inconsistent play cost us the game.

The defense certainly gave us the opportunites to win it.

a first ?

mulege marv - 1-21-2008 at 07:27 AM

no it would not, the miami dolphins did it in 1972 ( don shula)
i will probably be disapointed but i hope the pats get their clocks cleaned. go giants !

jbbrocco.gif - 9kB

CaboRon - 1-21-2008 at 08:29 AM

Thanks for the correction Marv.

CaboRon

DENNIS - 1-21-2008 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
I grew up in San Diego and have been a Chargers fan for many years.....

As we charger fans learn to say at an early age, "Just wait till next year."

Kell-Baja - 1-21-2008 at 12:41 PM

Oh well sad for us Charger fans but at least I'm not Newbie anymore.;D

[Edited on 1-21-2008 by Kell-Baja]

Pats a First ?

MrBillM - 1-21-2008 at 01:18 PM

IT WILL be a First.

The 1972 Miami Dolphins went 14-0 in the regular season and, with the Super Bowl win, finished 17-0.

The Pats are 16-0 regular season and 2-0 in the Playoffs. A Super Bowl win will give them a 19-0 record.

Bob H - 1-21-2008 at 01:20 PM

Well, I guess I can wait another year! Lots of key injuries and a couple of bad playcalling killed it for us. We did have a chance with healthier players, I think.
Bob H

Barry A. - 1-21-2008 at 01:25 PM

Bob-----

----"waiting another year" won't cut it. Von, in another post, says that Qualcomm stadium will be under water by that time.

(I think that is what he said????) :?:

barry

Bob H - 1-21-2008 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Bob-----

----"waiting another year" won't cut it. Von, in another post, says that Qualcomm stadium will be under water by that time.

(I think that is what he said????) :?:

barry

Hey Barry, I think the Q sits up pretty high - so tailgating in a boat could be fun!
Bob H :light:

Skipjack Joe - 1-21-2008 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Well, I guess I can wait another year! Lots of key injuries and a couple of bad playcalling killed it for us. We did have a chance with healthier players, I think.
Bob H

Yes, the call on the one yard line on third down was a bad call. Instead of the sweep they should have run at the tackles. That would have given them two chances to score a one yard touchdown.

On the other hand the pats missed several scoring opportunities with interceptions in field goal range. They could have been luckier also.

a first

mulege marv - 1-22-2008 at 07:38 AM

sorry mr bill a season is a season, did you hear they even took the asterisk off of roger maris' record ?

Skipjack Joe - 1-22-2008 at 10:24 AM

Rumor is that they took it off Maris and are adding it to Bonds. We're only able to handle one asterisk at a time. :lol:

*****Maris y otras

MrBillM - 1-22-2008 at 10:43 AM

The number of games played versus records set has been a subject of disagreement ever since Maris set the record and will continue to be one despite any Official actions. Nobody involved enough to have an opinion on That subject is likely to change that opinion.

I'm glad to see, however, that Marv has the wisdom to accept New England as the ONLY record holder IF they should win the Super Bowl. No Whining and no nitpicking. GOOD. Count me as one of those who say the length of the season should NOT be a consideration since that opens up a whole new can of worms i.e. the raging argument over Maris' opportunities because he had so few intentional walks versus the Babe's turns at bat.

Personally, even though I once disliked the Dolphins back when I was a more involved fan, I can't say I care for the Patriots either so either result won't make much difference to me.