BajaNomad

No fooling!: San Diego Padres; April 1st

BajaNomad - 1-16-2008 at 03:03 PM

This is an invitation to join me at the upcoming San Diego Padres game on April 1st, 2008 (it's a Tuesday night). Game time is 7:05 p.m. and they are playing against the Houston Astros. It'll be the Padres second game of the season.

I've arranged with the Padres for a block of tickets in the lower portion of section 120 in the field level (3rd base line). I'm receiving group pricing, and am passing along this discount directly to my guests. These are $43 seats for half-price at $21.50.

These are available directly from the Padres on their website. You can go here:
http://www.padres.com/grouppromo
And then use this (case-sensitive) promotion code: FRIENDS

I'm inviting all the various networks of people in and around the San Diego/Tijuana metro area that I know and/or work with. There will be no formalities at the game with the group. So, feel free to bring a friend, a family member, business client, or other business associate - and enjoy field level seating for a Padres game at half price as my guest on April 1st. Get as many seats as you would like to take advantage of.

I'm arranging with a business Downtown for a private pre-game hosted (by them) happy hour (21 and over please) in their private lounge just a few blocks from the left-field Petco Park entrance. If you're attending the game, and would be interested in attending this pre-game event as well, let me know via email or u2u.

There's limited space for each of these, so the sooner you make your arrangements, the better. With the Padres game, the better seats will go first.

When you go to the Padres site to obtain tickets, you will also see where I've arranged for two further games later in the year. Feel free to acquire seats for either of these games as well if you'd like - anytime between now and those game dates. The Saturday in July against the Atlanta Braves is supposed to be a night they have fireworks after the game, and the September game (a Tuesday) is against the L.A. Dodgers, so no matter where either of the teams are in the standings at that point, it should still prove to be an exciting game against the Padres closest rival.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Thanks,
--
Doug Means

Hook - 1-16-2008 at 08:35 PM

I am IN!

Can't believe how much easier and cheaper it is to purchase Padres tix compared to the Angels.

Are tailgate parties allowed at Petco?

[Edited on 1-17-2008 by Hook]

BajaWarrior - 1-16-2008 at 09:50 PM

Mr. and Mrs. BajaWarrior will be attending, sounds like a blast, and not too far from our home in Mission Bay.

We'll also join the pre-game "barstooling".

Hook, those tailgate parties are a thing of the past at a Padre game, very minimul parking, very strict rules. Doug is arranging a pre-game Happy Hour near the ball park.

BajaWarrior - 1-16-2008 at 10:01 PM

Just went to the Padres link, and we're all paid up, that was easy!

Thanks Doug!

Bob H - 1-16-2008 at 11:18 PM

I'm interested in the Atanta game on Saturday in July. Doug, please see your U2U.
This is GREAT!
Bob H

BajaNomad - 1-17-2008 at 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Hook, those tailgate parties are a thing of the past at a Padre game, very minimul parking, very strict rules. Doug is arranging a pre-game Happy Hour near the ball park.
Ahhh.... exactly. ;D

Hook - 1-17-2008 at 11:45 AM

But, of course. Now I remember how badly parking sucks the last time I drove there.

Doug, will the private party area be a place we would drive to and leave our cars for the duration of the game? Or, should we plan on taking public transportation to Petco from some other location (I'm thinking maybe the Old Town Transit Center) and then finding our way to the party?

I will be coming from south OC. Might just bring the Lance and boondock somewhere overnight, if any Nomads have recommendations. My wife will be coming, too. I might have been the first to buy; I got seats 1-4 in an aisle.

Hook - 1-17-2008 at 12:01 PM

Maybe this post needs a "sticky"?

BajaNomad - 1-17-2008 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
..will the private party area be a place we would drive to and leave our cars for the duration of the game?
There's a parking garage called "Park-it-on-Market" that will have a flat fee for the evening, first-come, first-served. Somewhere right around 5pm the price will go up. The prices will likely be a little more than they were last year, but my understanding was that last year it was a $3 flat-fee if you got in before 5pm, and either $10 or $12 after 5pm.

I'd guess it'll be more like $5 and $14 this year.

The entrance is on 6th Avenue between G & Market Streets.

It's like a block from the pre-game location and two blocks from Petco Park:

http://www.aceparking.com/petcomap/

CaboRon - 1-18-2008 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
But, of course. Now I remember how badly parking sucks the last time I drove there.

Doug, will the private party area be a place we would drive to and leave our cars for the duration of the game? Or, should we plan on taking public transportation to Petco from some other location (I'm thinking maybe the Old Town Transit Center) and then finding our way to the party?

I will be coming from south OC. Might just bring the Lance and boondock somewhere overnight, if any Nomads have recommendations. My wife will be coming, too. I might have been the first to buy; I got seats 1-4 in an aisle.

Hook,

Why not take the Surflliner Amtrack down from OC and the trolly from there......that way you don't need a designated driver. Works great !

CaboRon

Hook - 1-18-2008 at 05:32 PM

I wonder if it runs that late back north? Will check.

BajaNomad - 1-19-2008 at 11:03 AM

Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner doesn't run late enough:
http://www.amtrak.com/timetable/jan08/W31.pdf

The Coaster commuter train runs a special train up to Oceanside after weekday games that departs Santa Fe Station 45 minutes after the last out - or 11:30pm, whichever is earlier:
http://www.gonctd.com/coaster_promo.htm#2

BajaWarrior - 1-25-2008 at 05:19 PM

Bump

BajaNomad - 3-20-2008 at 01:29 AM

The original block of about 60 seats were all spoken for as of Tuesday. I spoke to the Padres Wednesday, and they've opened up an additional block of seats nearby that they will hold for the group through Wednesday, March 26th (if they aren't all purchased before then). After that they'll release any unsold seats for sale to the general public.

If you're interested in going to the Padres game April 1st vs. the Houston Astros, this is your last chance to take advantage of the opportunity to go to this game at the group (half) price I've arranged for. First-come, first-served.

Obtain the tickets at:
http://www.padres.com/grouppromo
Using this case-sensitive promotion code: FRIENDS

There's a pre-game c-cktail party - hosted by Lifebook Lounge - for those adults 21+ that would want to say hello prior to the game. Details of this are here:
http://entrepreneur.meetup.com/166/calendar/7219035/

Regards,
--
Doug Means

Hook - 3-26-2008 at 03:25 PM

How are these tickets disbursed? I bought seats on the first day of your announcement. Are they at will call or should they have been mailed to me?

BajaWarrior - 3-26-2008 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
How are these tickets disbursed? I bought seats on the first day of your announcement. Are they at will call or should they have been mailed to me?

Show the credit card you used to purchase your tickets online and collect your tickets at will call is how I understand it... See ya there...

[Edited on 3-27-2008 by BajaWarrior]

BajaWarrior - 4-1-2008 at 09:58 PM

Just got back from the Padres game, Thanks Doug!

Nice to meet Hook, his wife and their friend Eric.

We left at the end of the 6th, Padres 2 to 1

[Edited on 4-2-2008 by BajaWarrior]

Hook - 4-2-2008 at 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaWarrior
Just got back from the Padres game, Thanks Doug!

Nice to meet Hook, his wife and their friend Eric.

We left at the end of the 6th, Padres 2 to 1

[Edited on 4-2-2008 by BajaWarrior]

And that's the way it ended.

We stayed to see the SD legend enter amid Hell's Bells............and he didnt disappoint the faithful.

Being from Orange County, my hoped-for moment came in the ninth when the Astros sent up Darin Erstad to pinch hit, leading off the top of the ninth. I had been occasionally screaming for the 'stros manager to put Darin in. I was wearing my Angels long sleeve T in bright red and was immediately branded as "just another drunk" I am sure by the faithful. ('Why is that idiot screaming for the Astros to put in an ex-Angel and what is he wearing that shirt for down here????)

I got a few smirks when Trevor struck Darin out on a pitch in the dirt.

Same ol' Darin............cant lay off the slider down and in. :rolleyes:

Still, it was nice seeing the Angels had dispatched the Twinkies, 9-1, on the scoreboard. :smug:

Chuck and Chris, great to meet you and, Doug, thanks for organizing this. It was a great experience for us; driving down to the OT Transit Center, rushing off to the OT Mexican Cafe where we proceeded to do some damage in the 20 minutes we had there AND we managed un docena of warm flour tortillas that we distributed at the game (still warm, I might add). Trolley to and from the game...............San Diego IS America's Greatest City!!!!!!

BTW, if there are any fans of the OTMC's sangrita recipe, I talked it out of an old guy behind the bar many years ago when I was working on my Masters at SDSU. It took many nights of showing up after my last class to talk him out of it. U2u me and I will send the recipe; I WILL NOT POST IT PUBLICLY. BTW, I think they have changed the recipe from what I have and it is not for the good.

Now........................GO ANGELS !!!!!!!