BajaNomad

Tequila Bars take flight-in Alta California

Hook - 1-23-2008 at 04:00 PM

And the most amazing part of the article??????? That a restaurant would actually call itself Pink Taco.

Pink Taco??? Eating at the Pink Taco ?????? :lol:

Tequilas

bancoduo - 1-23-2008 at 04:09 PM

I can relate to that. I used to eat at the "Blue Fox" in my younger days:lol:

Phil C - 1-23-2008 at 04:33 PM

And they're serving "panuchos" !

Barry A. - 1-23-2008 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo

"EAT" at the Blue Fox???? Amazing!!! I never tried that. We always were doing "other things" at the Blue Fox. :lol:

It is wonder we survived!!

DanO - 1-23-2008 at 04:40 PM

"A shot of Partida Elegante, for $110, is served on a silver plate with cinnamon-dusted orange segments and fresh cucumber as a palate cleanser between sips. "And dinner's on us," says general manager Frank Tognotti."

A palate cleanser for tequila? Come on. And for that price it's the least they could do to throw in a few bucks worth of food. I guess there are just a lot of folks out there with way too much disposable income. Me, I'll stick with the Casadores reposado (competitively priced at Costco) and make my own food, thanks.

bancoduo - 1-23-2008 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Originally posted by bancoduo

"EAT" at the Blue Fox???? Amazing!!! I never tried that. We always were doing "other things" at the Blue Fox. :lol:

It is wonder we survived!!
Cum-on. I know you must have eaten there. It was a little gamey, but that is what tequila chasers are for. :lol:

DENNIS - 1-23-2008 at 07:18 PM

This thread will be taking an OT trip shortly.

Hook - 1-23-2008 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This thread will be taking an OT trip shortly.

Why?

I've seen pink taco in Baja.

Santiago - 1-23-2008 at 08:49 PM

OK I give up, what's a "Blue Fox"? Ms Santiago justs shrugs her sholders. Paulina probaby knows.............

Paulina - 1-23-2008 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
OK I give up, what's a "Blue Fox"? Ms Santiago justs shrugs her sholders. Paulina probaby knows.............

Yea, yea, there you go Jim. I'm afraid I'm a bit too young and of the wrong gender to have ever "eaten" there.:saint:

The Blue Fox probably featured "The Red Hot Lobster Mamas and All the Crabs You Could Eat" Band.

There used to be a "Blue Fox" in our home town of Eagle Rock back in the 60s. Other than alcohol being served I'm sure it was only the name that the two establishments shared alike.

I know there's another Nomad on this board who remembers the Eagle Rock version.

P<*)))><

DENNIS - 1-24-2008 at 08:52 AM

The Blue Fox was an around the clock club in Tijuana with floor shows that encouraged audience participation on stage and in back rooms. The MC was called Johnny Hotnuts and half the performing women were named Lucy preceded by a rhyming, moist name. It's a legendary place in Tijuana folklore that served as the setting for young men stumbling into their rites of passage in a day when a peso was a peso and three dollars would transform the meekest child into a full-blown man.

durrelllrobert - 1-24-2008 at 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
The Blue Fox was an around the clock club in Tijuana with floor shows that encouraged audience participation on stage and in back rooms. The MC was called Johnny Hotnuts and half the performing women were named Lucy preceded by a rhyming, moist name. It's a legendary place in Tijuana folklore that served as the setting for young men stumbling into their rites of passage in a day when a peso was a peso and three dollars would transform the meekest child into a full-blown man.

Also home of the original dog & pony show:fire:

elgatoloco - 1-24-2008 at 03:49 PM

Pink Taco Scottsdale. We went there for a shot and a beer last time we were in town. The city tried to prevent them from opening up in the glitzy new 'waterfront' location, pleaded with the owners to change the name, threatened to sue, the owners said so what.:P The place was packed when we went so we walked across the street and ate at the Yardhouse - 150 beers on tap!

In the story they qoute Julio Bermejo from Tommy's in SFO. Great guy. About ten years ago he turned me on to my favorite liqour store in TJ for good tequila prices and selection, La Playa. Next time you are in The City and want a margarita head to Tommy's but don't ask for it blended, there is no blender in the place. :dudette:

http://www.tommysmexican.com/index.php?option=com_content&am...

Viva Tequila!

Ken Cooke - 1-25-2008 at 09:47 PM

I read the article in the LA Times, and I thought, "What fluff!" These overpriced "hotspots" in Hollywood appeal to ppl who are too afraid to go to Baja or Sonora to buy their Tequila. Nothing worse than sitting around a bunch of "in-the-knows" than in LA sipping on $110 shots. Please...:rolleyes: