Palapa OFF THE MARKET...Mulege

Bob and Susan - 1-25-2008 at 07:49 PM

they changed their mind...
OFF THE MARKET:light:

Leased land...right on the beach

Very reasonable

[Edited on 2-2-2008 by Bob and Susan]

Hook - 1-25-2008 at 08:33 PM

If you lease land, is it subject to the Federal zone fees?

Well, it probably is but is it the lessor or the lessee's responsibility?

bajadedom - 1-25-2008 at 11:40 PM

In the few months I have been a nomad I have read posts from others saying the only way to safely buy ANYTHING in Baja is fidecomiso - and never buy ejido property since the gov't. can take it from you...Are leases safe??? and at $11 a day sounds like about $4 grand a year to own nothing...is that also correct?...water and sewer-no electric?? What is Very reasonable and what are the details on the rv -? Looks nice but vague details....

Bob and Susan - 1-26-2008 at 07:51 AM

the Naranjos (the land owners)
have the concession and you "rent" the land from them...
http://mulege.org/naranjos/naranjos.htm

they pay the concession fee

what you get with something like this is an improved palapa on the beach...
20 feet from the water in the concession zone

newer trailer...
all items (pots and pans sheets and towels etc)
and furniture
and year round security
no electricty but solar and a small generator (honda)

currently there are about 30 full-time renters at the Naranjos
with simular rentals

most come to live there for the winter
november to may
then leave their stuff and go home

as people get older they come and go

rent is $4000 a year
$335 a month

it really is a good deal to live RIGHT on the sea with security

this location is truly nice

someone interested should come down and stay here to see if its what they want
Naranjos has day camping for visitors

capt. mike - 1-26-2008 at 09:43 AM

biz must be bad for Armando. At $4K a year his rents have doubled in 2 years from -what - $1800??
classic Mex economics!!:lol::lol:

so how much for the digs? ad doesn't say.

wait till the elec comes, it will be $8K a year!

baja Steve - 1-26-2008 at 10:44 AM

WHO WOULD EVER WANT ARMANDO FOR A LANDLORD. BAAAAAD GUY

Bob and Susan - 1-26-2008 at 02:05 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
you sure would...
you'd be secure:lol:

msteve1014 - 1-26-2008 at 02:14 PM

Bob, do you know how much they want for the trailer and palapa?

baja Steve - 1-26-2008 at 02:25 PM

I have known Armondo for many years and I would not feel secure. When he gets drunk all bets are off, even his wife fears him.

rhintransit - 1-26-2008 at 03:56 PM

well, that makes it $670/mo for the six liveable months. plus palapa/improvement buy out which you better be prepared to walk away from or try to sell when the rent goes up.

in the Loreto area, beach front palapa leases were 1-1.5k/yr three years ago. many still are. I know of no one paying 4k. prices are definitely going up, now most at least 2-2.5k. my neighbors just had their rent double, 1.5 to 3k. that's with a 'good' landlord. the 'bad' ones are pushing higher. and are bad for other reasons. no security, financially or otherwise with them.

when you consider how 'good' a deal it is, do remember you have to be able and willing to walk away. figure the cost of the buy out, the total cost for the length of the lease, the cost of any improvements you feel are necessary for your comfort, and divide by the time on the lease. forget getting anything back (nice if you do, no guarantee). then decide if it is something you want to 'buy.' am not discouraging anyone just be realistic about what you are getting into. I'm happy with my situation. for now. and I will walk if/when and not look back and have no regrets.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

most come to live there for the winter
november to may
then leave their stuff and go home

as people get older they come and go

rent is $4000 a year
$335 a month

Cypress - 1-26-2008 at 04:44 PM

This whole Baja thing is looking more and more like a can of worms. $20K+ legal fees for buying property. Frozen shrimp or fish at $14/kilo! :yawn: Real estate costs higher than in the USA! :o It's warm.:bounce:

capt. mike - 1-27-2008 at 06:51 AM

i am so glad i sold my trailer. i love baja and will always visit my good friends there, the only reason really to come down. In 27 years i have seen all i want to of the area.
my target area for next purchase is definitely the mainland where things (and people) are much more reasonable.

Hook - 1-27-2008 at 11:21 AM

Irrespective of the deal and the proprietor, that area can be quite comfortable from October thru June and maybe even into July, depending on your heat tolerance. It is not nearly as cut off from breezes in the summer as Santispac, Posada, Coyote and Burro, etc.

At least that's been my experience.

Hook...I can't resist...

Pompano - 1-27-2008 at 12:31 PM

Oh...it can get a bit breezy at Pta. Arena and Playa Naranjos all right.

When I had aluminum boats down here years ago and needed to repaint, we would trailer them over to that beach to let the wind sandblast them clean. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 1-27-2008 by Pompano]

Packoderm - 1-27-2008 at 02:26 PM

It pretty much looks like a turn-key operation and an easy way to get introduced to living in Baja. A person could lease that property for a year, get an fmt tourist card and head back north to renew it after 6 months, and then have a pretty good idea if living in Baja is right for him or her without investing a whole bunch of money which might be hard to recoup. I sometimes wish that I had the time to check such a thing out. It looks like I might be seeking out a summertime property in a year when I get my teaching credential, but the SOC will surely be too hot during the summer months.

bajadedom - 1-27-2008 at 02:36 PM

Anyone ever find out how much $$$ for the trailer,palapa,and Hobie????

awfulart - 1-27-2008 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

take a look...
http://bajabeachpalapa.com/default.aspx

Naranjos palapa for sale...Mulege
5th wheel 29 foot trailer included

Leased land...right on the beach

Very reasonable

This looks like a month to month rental. A 10 year (less 1 day) lease would make it more palatable. Of course, it also would depend on the up front investment.:?:

Hook - 1-27-2008 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Oh...it can get a bit breezy at Pta. Arena and Playa Naranjos all right.

When I had aluminum boats down here years ago and needed to repaint, we would trailer them over to that beach to let the wind sandblast them clean. :rolleyes:

[Edited on 1-27-2008 by Pompano]

Yep, the winds that can be a bane in the cooler months become an ally in the warmer ones.

Bob and Susan - 2-2-2008 at 02:34 PM

Ann and Bill changed their mind and are staying
They asked me to remove the "for sale" post

The Palapa is no longer for sale

Ann says thanks for ALL the interest

they were amazed :light::light:
with ALL the emails and inquiries about their place

vandenberg - 2-2-2008 at 03:24 PM

Trial run and double the price next season.:biggrin::biggrin:

Bob and Susan - 2-2-2008 at 05:28 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:yup