BajaNomad

DTV Converters

MrBillM - 2-21-2008 at 04:37 PM

Anyone still watching Television via Over-Air Broadcast signals with an Analog-tuner TV will need a Digital to Analog converter after the Digital switchover in 2009.

FREE Vouchers to pay up to $40.00 per converter (max two per household) are available from the Federal government at: http://www.dtv2009.gov

Walmart has the converters starting at $37.00.

TMW - 2-21-2008 at 05:27 PM

Low Power TV stations, Translators and Mexican TV stations are not affected by the analog shutdown. XETV-6 in TJ (San Diego Fox) does not have to shut down. If you watch any of them you should get a converter box that passes analog through so you don't need to set up an RF splitter and switching system. If your TV has composite video and audio inputs you could setup the converter box for that feed and switch to the TV sets tuner for analog signals.

Roberto - 2-21-2008 at 05:43 PM

Isn't FOX 6 in San Diego already digital? I get it in HD.

TMW - 2-21-2008 at 05:57 PM

I'm sure they are but I don't think they are shutting down their analog channel. Because it's a Mexican license they don't have too. The stations along the border have asked the FCC to let them continue broadcasting in analog for another couple of years. One reason given was that english speaking viewers in Mexico will be slower to get the converters or a DTV set. I think for San Diego it gives ch 6 the Fox affiliate a big advantage. If your on cable or satellite it won't affect you.

[Edited on 2-22-2008 by TW]