BajaNomad

Invitation to Happy Hour in La Paz!

lingililingili - 2-28-2008 at 08:02 PM

Steve and I would like very much to meet fellow Nomads. On Saturday the 8th of March in the afternoon we will open our doors for a happy hour or two or three. If you are in, around, or expect to be in La Paz around 4:00 p.m. just U2U me and I will give you address and dress code requirements!

[Edited on 2/29/08 by lingililingili]

BMG - 2-28-2008 at 08:04 PM

Can I come?

lingililingili - 2-29-2008 at 07:28 AM

Yay Kate!

So glad you can make it. Dress code on the way!

lingililingililigie....whew...used up all my i's and l's.

Pompano - 2-29-2008 at 08:31 AM

Sounds like fun for us!

We looked in the 'closet' and 'came out' with these cute numbers. Can we come?

- 0 aaadaywithkillercaine (6).jpg - 39kB

lingililingili - 2-29-2008 at 09:11 AM

lovely, just lovely!

Kell-Baja - 2-29-2008 at 11:09 AM

Since I cant make it will someone please drink a margarita (with salt) and a Corona with lime for me??? :tumble: Have fun!!

capt. mike - 2-29-2008 at 12:04 PM

hey Pomp - nice picture of you and Killer!;)

dress code.........in baja!!???
you got to be kidding, right?:lol::lol:

sancho - 2-29-2008 at 01:36 PM

I remember some Happy Hrs in La Paz
'back in the day', the perfered
watering hole was right in front
of the Old Marina, I believe
the Restaurant was called
El Molina, or close to that,
is it still there?

comitan - 2-29-2008 at 03:24 PM

We'll be there, and the dress code(buff) is fine with us.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lingililingili - 2-29-2008 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
I remember some Happy Hrs in La Paz
'back in the day', the perfered
watering hole was right in front
of the Old Marina, I believe
the Restaurant was called
El Molina, or close to that,
is it still there?

Ciao Molina is still there!

bajalera - 2-29-2008 at 08:39 PM

You mean I won't be welcome in my purple bra and thong?

debindesert - 2-29-2008 at 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgaine7
Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
We'll be there, and the dress code(buff) is fine with us.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No way, I'm not tan yet!! :O

lingililingili - 2-29-2008 at 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
You mean I won't be welcome in my purple bra and thong?

As long as they match. If there is something I hate it's mismatched lingerie!

BMG - 3-1-2008 at 02:33 PM

I have heard from my confidential source (linguinelinguine) that in addition to the strict dress code requirements for this event that no firearms, mace, swords, knives or other sharp or pointed objects (cork screws and bottle openers excepted) will be allowed on the premises.

In case you are wavering about whether or not to come, be forewarned that I will be grilling my somewhat famous cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapeņos. Ice cold cerveza will be available.

According to the latest opinion poll taken by CNN, Wiley's request to come in the buff is opposed by 99% of those polled. In fact, the only vote for it was the gal down that street that has some vision problems and reads only Braille.

As for Kate's tanning issues, we have lots of sunglasses that we can pass out.

No further comment on Lera's outfit.

longlegsinlapaz - 3-1-2008 at 03:01 PM

If Wiley & Carol are going nekkid....I'm NOT going!:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no: Not even to collect my upholstery fee! Not even if you throw in a coconut cream pie!:lol:

Lera, I believe you're of an age that your supposed to wear your RED thong with your PURPLE bra!:yes:

Oh oh, "No sharp objects":(....guess I can't come, I have a strict policy of refusing to cut out my tongue to attend any but THE social event of the season. It this it?:?: :lol::lol:

BMG - 3-1-2008 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by longlegsinlapaz

social event of the season. It this it?:?: :lol::lol:

Not sure, haven't received as RSVP from either Hillary or Barack.

I've been informed that I will be there but to paraphrase Groucho, I'm not sure I want to attend a party that would invite me.

lingililingili - 3-2-2008 at 08:18 AM

Quote:

Oh oh, "No sharp objects":(....guess I can't come, I have a strict policy of refusing to cut out my tongue to attend any but THE social event of the season. It this it?:?: :lol::lol:

longlegsinlapaz: This is indeed the last event of "our" season! If you can make it we will have a perfect number for a perfect happy hour!

longlegsinlapaz - 3-2-2008 at 09:44 AM

Looking forward to it!:bounce:

Lindalou - 3-3-2008 at 10:03 AM

OK, OK, will someone please tell us what the dress code is?:lol::lol::lol:

oldlady - 3-3-2008 at 12:00 PM

Would love to help you out, but when I reviewed my note I realized it did not include authorization to divulge that information.

lingililingili - 3-3-2008 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
Would love to help you out, but when I reviewed my note I realized it did not include authorization to divulge that information.

Thank you oldlady, muy bien contestado!

DENNIS - 3-3-2008 at 01:35 PM

This is starting to sound kinky. You will post pictures, wont you?
Please?

BMG - 3-3-2008 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This is starting to sound kinky. You will post pictures, wont you?
Please?

I'm trying to figure out how to make some pesos on this party. Maybe a pay-per-view movie?

I looked at linguinelinguine's dress code requirements and the closest I can get to meeting it is my best old boat shoes (hardly any paint on them), a t-shirt with the fewest holes in it and the cleanest pair of shorts I can dig out of the laundry basket on Saturday morning. I am not worried though, I have my own key to the front gate and back door.

BMG - 3-3-2008 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgaine7

Valet parking? :light:

Already hired 2 drivers, but not sure they are going to work out.

Kell-Baja - 3-6-2008 at 06:22 PM

Geez, no one willing to have a lousy margarita or Corona for me. :mad: I see how it is:lol:

lingililingili - 3-6-2008 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kell-Baja
Geez, no one willing to have a lousy margarita or Corona for me. :mad: I see how it is:lol:

I'm not shy Kell-Baja, I shall have TWO Pollas for you which is what I will be drinking! Wish you could join us.

Kell-Baja - 3-7-2008 at 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lingililingili
Quote:
Originally posted by Kell-Baja

I'm not shy Kell-Baja, I shall have TWO Pollas for you which is what I will be drinking! Wish you could join us.

I wish I could join you also but, I do feel better knowing you'll have a couple for me:bounce:

DENNIS - 3-7-2008 at 02:07 PM

Quote:

I'm not shy Kell-Baja, I shall have TWO Pollas for you which is what I will be drinking!

What's a Polla? Is that a lady chicken?

lingililingili - 3-7-2008 at 02:41 PM

Dennis:

Ha! A Polla is a drink made with squirt, lime juice, salt and tequilla poured over ice. Very refreshing and I like mine not so alcoholly. Can't always get Squirt in Mexico but Fresca or grapefruit soda work well too. Try one!

Need a few more chairs.

BMG - 3-7-2008 at 07:16 PM

Looks like if everyone who said they are coming tomorrow wants to sit down at the same time, we are short 5 chairs. (Not counting sitting on laps.) (I am counting that 2 of our 'chairs' are backless footstools which may end up being occupied by legs as they are intended.) Would appreciate it if anyone could bring some more plastic/resin/cloth chairs, with or without drink holders.

longlegsinlapaz - 3-7-2008 at 08:14 PM

HEY!!!!!:no: Don't accuse me of hogging all the footstools....in advance no less!:lol:

BMG - 3-7-2008 at 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG

occupied by legs

change to "occupied by calves or feet".

edited by BMG

Better legs? (btw - bring your upholstery tools to finish the job. And wear some old clothes, we need some house painting done while you're here.)

oldlady - 3-8-2008 at 05:40 AM

Squirt is hard to get because longlegsinlapaz buys it all the minute CCC puts it in the cooler. We'll bring our cloth chairs, they are usually in the back of the car anyway.

lingililingili - 3-8-2008 at 08:11 AM

Thank youOldlady! Why is everyone so hard on Longlegsinlapaz? Guess I'll find out soon enough! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

oldlady - 3-8-2008 at 08:16 AM

Hard on longlegsinlapaz? Not so! Every piece of info she has given me has been accurate and she does however, brings her own glass of Squirt whenever she visits. Just moved into her new casa...good reason for a toast.

longlegsinlapaz - 3-8-2008 at 08:28 AM

It might be because I have a great sense of humor & give as well as I get! Besides, oldlady was simply stating the truth!;) But I AM out of Squirt at the moment....sometimes life really sucks! Looking forward to meeting you & your other half!!

lingililingili - 3-8-2008 at 09:56 AM

Definitely my better half!

BMG - 3-8-2008 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Definitely my better half!

Who am I to argue?:saint:

longlegsinlapaz - 3-8-2008 at 10:43 AM

Yeah.....we'll see!;) I know a "Paid Political Announcement" when I hear one!:lol:

bajalera - 3-8-2008 at 11:52 PM

Interesting user-name, lingililingili.

Does this come from a drink that's served on Kuaui in a tall glass with a little pink umbrella in it?

oldlady - 3-9-2008 at 06:24 AM

Thank you
BMG and Ling

While La Paz predictably provided a beautiful evening, your venue and hospitality were its equal. We enjoyed the food and the company (and this chocoholic is grateful for the scrumptious "take out"). Thank you for inviting us!

lingililingili - 3-9-2008 at 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
Interesting user-name, lingililingili.

Does this come from a drink that's served on Kuaui in a tall glass with a little pink umbrella in it?

Lingililingili is a word made up by my grandmother a very long time ago in Mexico. It means trouble maker, pot stirrer, etc. Not sure why our friends call me this.

Sorry you couldn't make it last night, hope your knee is mending.

comitan - 3-9-2008 at 08:21 AM

Thank you, thank you that was a fine get together, Fine Hosts,fine food and great company.

longlegsinlapaz - 3-9-2008 at 09:15 AM

Thank you both!! You went to a LOT of time & effort with all the food you prepared....even though everything but the brownies had chili-peppers in it!:lol: My tongue & lips will recover eventually....BMG's right....I'm a lightweight in the hot pepper category! I'm taking that coconut to the bank manana to deposit it; we'll see if it is indeed considered "legal tender" locally! Missed your good company Lera!

BMG - 3-9-2008 at 09:57 AM

Quote:

everything but the brownies had chili-peppers in it!:lol: My tongue & lips will recover eventually....BMG's right....I'm a lightweight in the hot pepper category!

"Lightweight"? I think your proper category is a few notches below lightweight in the chili rankings.:lol: Had some of the jalapeņo jelly this morning. Will probably never enjoy it again without thinking of you.

Bielefeld - 3-9-2008 at 10:03 AM

Thank you guys very much for your great hospitality. I barely made it home with my bicycle without lights. Specialy with those beers in me...:spingrin:

It's great to know the people behind the posts now.

Hope to read you soon.

longlegsinlapaz - 3-9-2008 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
"Lightweight"? I think your proper category is a few notches below lightweight in the chili rankings.:lol: Had some of the jalapeņo jelly this morning. Will probably never enjoy it again without thinking of you.
Okay, okay!!!! Could we agree on the absolute bottom end of the bantam-weight scale????:rolleyes: I'm not mad....this is merely indicitive of what my mouth felt like last night!:fire: :lol::lol:

BMG - 3-9-2008 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Thank you, thank you that was a fine get together, Fine Hosts,fine food and great company.

We enjoyed the company too. Legs sent this photo.

Young Comitan Mrs  Comitan  Morgaine7.jpg - 30kB

BMG - 3-9-2008 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bielefeld
Thank you guys very much for your great hospitality. I barely made it home with my bicycle without lights. Specialy with those beers in me...:spingrin:

It's great to know the people behind the posts now.

Hope to read you soon.

Glad you were able to come. Wish your wife could have made it too.

I'm not sure lights on bicycles are legal in Mexico.:biggrin: