BajaNomad

GO STEEKERS GO!

David K - 3-7-2008 at 12:36 PM

Michael 'steekers' will be racing a silver two seat 1835cc buggy in the SCORE LITE catagory... racer #1212

Yesterday, I stopped by to give him some 'good luck' stickers for the race car... So, those of you going to the San Felipe 250 on March 15, look for both my 'got baja?' and Doug's 'Baja Nomad' stickers... or should I say "steekers"?!!!

GOOD LUCK 'STEEKERS'!!!!

David K - 3-17-2008 at 10:29 AM

I searched the Internet for the race results and found them on the Race-Dezert.com News forum. I see that 'steekers' did finish the race inside the alloted time... which is a great thing in any Baja race.... alas, not in the top spot!

Any news on how Paul (tuna eater) Lopez did in the sportsman m/c class? The Race-Dezert post only had the first place finisher in that class.

Gadget - 3-17-2008 at 10:34 AM

I think I got a photo of them coming by us at RM 84. I'll post it if I did.

bajalou - 3-17-2008 at 11:46 AM

Here he is at RM 7

Looking Good

[Edited on 3-17-2008 by bajalou]

David K - 3-17-2008 at 12:19 PM

Good shot of the 'Baja Nomad' and 'got baja?' stickers!

Thanks Lou!!

GO STEEKERS GOO

BAJACAT - 3-17-2008 at 09:34 PM

we placed 10th

steekers - 3-19-2008 at 09:35 AM

Hello all...we got back late last night (Tues) and really tired. My body is still sore from all those whoops!

To just finish a race course as rough as this one is a great accomplishment. We had an electrical problem coming out of Matomi wash and that cost us 1.5 hrs! Other than that we had no other issues. OOPS, forgot to mention a bolt to the power steering unit came out and had to deal with the huge vibrations of manual steering. No flat tires!! The BFG Baja T/A held up well. We had no lights, so I radioed ahead to my team (Joanne, Jim) at check point 4 (RM214) to hand me a flashlight to make the finish line. WOW! all thoses super bright lights coming at you makes it hard to see where your going. My daughter Bryanne got in at Baja Pit #4 (RM 169) and very proud of her. Good job Bry!

Thanks to all those who helped by just being there to watch.

Thanks Lou for those parts we needed. What a great guy to know.

Thanks Chuck for coming out to see our un-finished casa at El Dorado. Thanks for the fish tacos on the Malecon.

I must now sell my awesome race car and get the house done. Too many distractions.

Thanks to all!

I look forward to the next Baja adventure, whatever it may be.

David K - 3-19-2008 at 06:01 PM

Thanks for the rest of the story Michael!!!

(What was that about no lights???? :lol: )*

* inside story, steekers knows what I mean:light:

bajabird - 3-20-2008 at 04:40 PM

Congrats to you, and to your nomad amigos :bounce::bounce::bounce:

BajaWarrior - 3-22-2008 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers

Thanks Chuck for coming out to see our un-finished casa at El Dorado. Thanks for the fish tacos on the Malecon.

I must now sell my awesome race car and get the house done. Too many distractions.

Nice to see you guys the other day and for the tour of your new home. Good luck with the buggy and trailer sale, it's a nice set-up everyone, if your looking for a near new enclosed trailer and a Baja tested buggy.

Mike, you should run an ad on Classified when you get closer to selling.

Good luck on your house project! See you soon.

Chuck

David K - 5-11-2008 at 09:52 AM

I got a call from 'steekers' the other day... he sold the race car and he was heading to San Felipe to work on the casa this weekend.

David K - 8-7-2016 at 05:35 PM

Fun bump.

DENNIS - 8-7-2016 at 06:21 PM

Yipes....a history lesson. Mooey cool.

TMW - 8-7-2016 at 07:06 PM

Where is BAJACAT? He has not been on Nomad for sometime now.

AKgringo - 8-7-2016 at 07:22 PM

I found this from a couple of months ago.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=82523&got...

David K - 8-8-2016 at 08:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Where is BAJACAT? He has not been on Nomad for sometime now.

Seeing him on Facebook almost daily, Tom.

TMW - 8-8-2016 at 08:43 AM

Yea, I guess a lot of people have moved to Facebook, except me. My wife does it to keep up with friends and family. I don't do Facebook or twitter and I don't have a smart phone. When the grandkids come by and they are all looking down to their smart phone I head to my man cave to hangout.

Thanks AK, I guess March was BAJACAT's last post.

David K - 8-8-2016 at 09:15 AM

Facebook is just another method to exchange ideas with people... It doesn't replace forums like Baja Nomad as there are no stored categories to look up past posts and details (at least easily).

BajaCat said (just now on Facebook) he will pop in here...