BajaNomad

fines on non-returned visas

frizkie - 4-15-2004 at 07:52 PM

A friend just e mailed me and mentioned that Mex immigration was considering $220 in fines on non-returned visas.
Anybody else heard anything on this subject????? :o

Fines

capn.sharky - 4-15-2004 at 08:24 PM

:(The only time I had a problem was when they first changed the rule about turning in the Visa when returning to the airport in Loreto. I paid a $25.00 fine. I don't think you have to turn them in if you drive back across the boarder at Tijuana. But----I could be wrong. Where would you turn them in?

Packoderm - 4-15-2004 at 08:24 PM

Will they put a stamp on our wrists so that we can get back in?

Stamp on the wrist???

frizkie - 4-15-2004 at 09:14 PM

HA! HA! That's funny!!:lol:
I do have an address that was sent to me that the visas are apparently supposed to be returned to.
I guess if you live right next door to Baja you would perhaps get a stamp on the wrist, giggle. I never thought of that, being from Canada and all, I don't really have that option of going home and then back again within the alloted time frame. But, yeah, when you think of it that way, mailing it back everytime you leave sounds a bit ridiculous. Maybe it is just a rumour.
I sure hope so.

Very Funny!

Debra - 4-15-2004 at 09:29 PM

If they want their 'visa's" back, they should perhaps have someone at the border to collect them.? (I can imagine the traffic jam that would cause)

Time was (25 yrs. ago) if someone lost there visa and was at the airport trying to board (and didn't have it) they were detained, not borded, "no fight, today Senor" :)

....mail them back? Don't think so....:rolleyes:

Hey Frizkie

Natalie Ann - 4-16-2004 at 08:34 AM

... nice to hear from you again. Sorry we had such a brief time at Tucker's; can't believe the way it worked out, right there next to each other and all. Duh:?:

Thought you might be interested to know I'll be heading back to La Paz in 10 days... poor me. :lol:

Hola Natalie Ann

frizkie - 4-17-2004 at 11:59 PM

Yeah, that was a very quick HI - BYE situation. As Tucker knows, I was looking forward to meeting you, and getting to know you a bit better than time had allowed us. I think I didn't give myself quite enough time to drive in to LaPaz from Los Arbolitos that day. Perhaps we will have better luck next year. Sure hope so.:yes:
I just returned to BC a couple of weeks ago, still not completly unpacked. But the Spring here is FANTASTIC! If you ever get a whim to come North a bit lemme know. I've got lots of room.
Have a good trip back down to LaPaz, and don't forget to take down a supply of Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter for Tucker......muy importanto!!!! Also give the new addition (Chico) a wee HUG from his auntie Barbi. Thanx
Have a good one :cool: