BajaNomad

PHOTO WEB PAGE: EXOTIC DESERT CANYONS

David K - 4-18-2004 at 12:57 AM

From Easter weekend's hiking and four wheeling exploration of 5 canyons and more, with jide, please enjoy the 39 photos, map, and text at http://community-2.webtv.net/boojum1/404

great photos

academicanarchist - 4-18-2004 at 08:24 AM

David. Great photos. Question. One the last page you refer to broken down tourists. Do you mean the tourists themselves, or their vehicles?:lol::lol::lol:

jide - 4-18-2004 at 11:04 AM

GREAT PICTURES DAVID!! Thank You!!

I know you're a proud aridologist,

........ but never knew you as a cactus hugger !!!! :lol:

[Edited on 4-18-2004 by jide]

Taco de Baja - 4-18-2004 at 11:23 AM

Very nice photos!
Once again it was gert meeting you at the Parral Gate, next time we will try to go to the Rancho too. Too much Baja, too little time...:-) But we had our own good time at Matomi, including 6-8' deep pools for swimming and cliff jumping!

-Brooks (part of the SPM Mission group)

jide - 4-18-2004 at 11:47 AM

Hey BajaTaco,
any pix of Matomi? did you explore upcanyon?

the pics and story

bajalou - 4-18-2004 at 03:45 PM

David

Thanks for the posting of the photos of the canyons. Great job and write ups. As you know, you really have to be there. Ithe ranch area at El Parral is one place I could spend a lot of relaxing time.

:biggrin::biggrin:

matomi photos

Taco de Baja - 4-18-2004 at 07:46 PM

Mexitron took some photos.
Perhaps he can post some.
We hiked a little over a mile up Matomi, from the rancho and found several nice deep pools with clean clear water.

Mexitron - 4-18-2004 at 08:47 PM

Matomi Canyon-go Huddo!

Mexitron - 4-18-2004 at 08:48 PM

Matomi Upper Canyon

David K - 4-18-2004 at 10:01 PM

Golly, this is so great! All the times I have been to Matomi were just day trips, never camping and never hiking up the canyon to that huge pond... a mile and a half up stream, correct? Thanks Mexitron!

Thanks for the kind words, Nomads! My photos are never a replacement for a visit, as seeing these places in person will be much better than my few pictures. I am only guilty of wetting your appetite for adventure!

jide - 4-18-2004 at 10:15 PM

OOPS!!!!!!
.... I JUST DROOLED ON MY BRAND NEW SHOES

...... places like that should not be allowed to exist, too beautiful....

:O:barf::O

Cactus Hugger? No... but I have kissed a boojum!

David K - 4-18-2004 at 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jide
GREAT PICTURES DAVID!! Thank You!!

I know you're a proud aridologist,

........ but never knew you as a cactus hugger !!!! :lol:

Yes, it's true... see http://davidksbaja.com/van1/page5.html

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by David K]

Pics

bajalou - 4-19-2004 at 08:30 AM

Great shots Steve - now I just got to make another trip.

And David, I have camped overnite there and not seen these pools.

:biggrin:

pappy - 4-19-2004 at 08:19 PM

very nice photos and info Dave!hey Brooks, great stuff with the maps as well! is that photo of Huddo of the jump when he landed hard on a delicate spot???:lol:

Huddo

Taco de Baja - 4-21-2004 at 10:15 AM

Yep, Huddo hit the water pretty hard on that one! I seem to recal he spoke in a higher voice for a while....

By the way, those who go to this pool, or hike up Matomi for that matter, Be sure to follow the ducked trail on the left side of the canyon as you are going up. It's a lot easier going than bush wacking and boulder hopping in the bottom of the canyon.

hi

BajaBabe - 4-21-2004 at 11:29 AM

Awesome pics!!!:)

David K - 4-21-2004 at 06:09 PM

Hi Marrisa! They are great pics because outback Baja is a great place! Do you still drive a Bronco?