BajaNomad

L.A. Bay mid-June: What to expect?

SteveU - 4-19-2004 at 01:50 PM

a friend of mine with a "water ski" boat(I dunno exact model, but it's about 20 ft)wants to do a trip to L.A. Bay mid June for a week. I was wondering what would be the easiest type of fishing for non-fishing experts to go try for. I'm not stupid enough to just think you can go out an slay the Yellows, so where would you recommend we target? Can you find decent bottom fishing for the groupers, triggers, spotted bass, etc, pretty close in to La Gringa, or do you have to travel "outside" to find anything? Can anyone recommend any maps/reference info on the bay? Any advice would be helpful, I fish from a Kayak, so I have knowledge of fishing w/irons, krocs, scampis(which I know are worthless in the cortez), but as far as trolling for yellows, I'm pretty clueless. Oh yea, can you camp, or is it already too hot by then?
Thanks for any advice ahead of time!
Steve

steve, get the baja catch book, it has all your answers

capt. mike - 4-19-2004 at 03:25 PM

on fishing. it will be warm at day time and a little less at night, i wouldn't go with out AC july-sept myself but you could probably tolerate it june for a week as long as you stayed close to a breeze.

i still have that shirt to send you buddy!