BajaNomad

Federal Zone

smlslikfish - 4-20-2004 at 07:57 PM

My Landlord is instituting a new fee on my house in northern baja, He says the government is now enforcing taxes on the federal zone. Supposedly has to do with being too close to the water. Does anyone now the actual regulations on this. how many feet from what tide line? Thanks in advance, Dan

Dave - 4-20-2004 at 08:16 PM

The zone is 20 meters from mean high tide. The government IS now enforcing the restrictions and claiming taxes owed.

Questions you need to ask are:

Is my home or improvements within the zone?

Does my Landlord have a concession from the government or documentation of assessments paid?

Does my lease allow for additional charges to cover the assessment?

Just curious, where is your home?

smlslikfish - 4-20-2004 at 08:28 PM

Hey Dave thanks for the reply, Just found basically the same info on the net. What your'e saying is about what my landlord has told me. I did find a reference to homes built atop cliffs over a 30 degree angle were not considered in the zone. this was an amendment passed in the early 90s. My home is in a campo south of Puerticitos.

smlslikfish - 4-20-2004 at 08:30 PM

Also what exactly is considered" mean high tide".

mean high tide line

hyme7of9 - 4-21-2004 at 06:55 AM

The average.Hyme

Mean High Tide

MrBillM - 4-24-2004 at 11:53 AM

It is a calculated average of every high tide in the region over a specific 19 year period. The moon varies in distance from the earth over an 18.6 year period, resulting in varying tide levels from year to year.