BajaNomad

Birding in Baja

gringorio - 4-22-2004 at 09:13 PM

we wanted to let all the birders out there know that www.bajabirding.org is finally up and running. please come and visit and post your sightings and stories!

greg

Packoderm - 4-23-2004 at 04:59 PM

What kind of birds are you after - buzzards or pelicans? Personally, I think the birding is much better here up North. At least we're allowed to have air-rifles. Are they allowed in Baja? And if so, have you had any luck with them?

David K - 4-23-2004 at 05:06 PM

PACK!!! Stop That!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Pack

Skeet/Loreto - 4-23-2004 at 07:21 PM

pack; just got my Pond finished and all kinds of birds are starting to come in and inspect. I put an Island in one end so that the Geese could nest with out being eaten by the Coyote{an endangered Specie}We are not suppose to shoot the Varmints,however when they drag off a new born Calf out of the Cow Pen,we loose our cool and dispose of them in a rapid manner.

That being said you are invited to the New Rancho Sonrisa anytime but if you bring your Gun I will personal;ly throw your Butt in the Pond.

Me Casa su Casa

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

Packoderm - 4-23-2004 at 07:49 PM

Skeet, thanks for the invite. When I find myself in your neighborhood, I'll be sure to stop by. But to be safe, I'll be sure to leave my air-pistol at the gate. Anyway, it probably wouldn't be worth the time and effort to game shoot at your property; there surely aren?t as high of quality buzzards as found in Baja, and I imagine that the taxidermy bill would be too expensive on this side of the border.