BajaNomad

Favorite Spots

Margie - 4-25-2004 at 02:28 PM

Randy Mac asked me what my favorite spots are down here, so here goes.

When we were kids, friends of ours, the Rosenthal's, had a house at Santini's camp. We were just 13 years old then, and I loved that spot, and still do, although it is hard to get in there now. I found a little entrance before the big ditch, but it's pretty bumpy, you can park on the highway and walkin.

3-m's comes to mind, but now it is no more, since they dumped all the rocks out in front.

Groovy little wave in El Sauzal, just south of the jetty, love it, went there alot when we were living down south, I don't know that it has a name.

Another fun left is as you are going into Ensenada, before the Las Rosas Hotel, behind the old dark orange motel that is for sale. I noticed last time we went down to do some yardwork, someone has built a new mansion there, but it still looks accessible.

Even though I'm goofy and not very good switch, Ilove Erendira.

Of course, Baja Malibu, right here!

Todos Santos, not the Island, couldn't handle that!

San Juanico, oh please, please, please, I hope Mike will let us go when we do Mulege in November !

Oh, my favorite on a North Swell, little Campo Arnaiz, and that's another story, if you are interested , log into www.Punta Banda Community Board.com. That was one of the reasons we moved down there!It's a sad story, later if anyone wants to discuss we can.

Campo Lopez, if you can get in.

Camalu and Colonet, gets pretty windy.

Believe it or not, Punta China, but take the road south towards the cement factory.

I wish I lived in San Qunitin, El Soccorro
is such a great spot, and Pavillon's is good too! Since we can't live there, we like to go and spend at least a week during July.

Mainland:

San Blas
Mazatland
There is a b-tchen little wave north of Puerto Vallarta, Sayulita, and a nice B&B place run by Tia Adrianna to stay, oh heaven!

Have not been to Puerto Escondido yet, I want to, and I also want to go to Costa.

I need to win the lottery!!!!

Oh yeah, I still love all of San Diego, being a native, and my very most favorite is,
Sennen-Cove in Sennen, England,,!!!
It's pretty cold, but the people are so wonderful, the environment is drop dead gorgeous ! Check out their site at www.sennen-cove.com

That's it for now,
I'm just an old longboarder !!!

JESSE - 4-25-2004 at 06:06 PM

Mine is campito, just a mile or so south of the land dunes, followed by San Miguel ( when its not too crowded).

Margie - 4-25-2004 at 06:26 PM

South of the Sand Dunes, where Jesse?
South of Mision Viejo?

Who is that wild and crazy guy on your avatar? We crack up everytime we see him!
Here's a little tip for those of you that like La Fonda. Lupe, who runs the taco stand infront of the Hotel, has some really nice rooms and casitas for rent on her property. You'd have to actually go to the stand and ask for her, or ask at the Hotel.
Anyway, her property is located on the other side of La Mision, follow the dirt road back about 1-2 miles. It is very private, and you feel like you are really down somewhere in the jungle, it's really nice, really Mexican. Check it out.

Her property is on the left, the river is on the right.She has a handicapped daughter.

Jesse, aren't the Mexican surfers outraged
over what has happened at Campo Arnaiz,I mean, as far as the Americanos blocking off the access? Why is nothing be ing done? I spoke to the guys at San Miquel Surf Shop, and one of them said his brother ,who is an attorney ,was going to pursue this matter, since what the Americans are doing is totally illegal, but that was several years back, and the conditions remain the same. What's happening?Since when can Americans claim Mexican land theirs and theirs alone,
these people aren't even FM3's.

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Margie]

JESSE - 4-25-2004 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie
South of the Sand Dunes, where Jesse?
South of Mision Viejo?

Who is that wild and crazy guy on your avatar? We crack up everytime we see him!
Here's a little tip for those of you that like La Fonda. Lupe, who runs the taco stand infront of the Hotel, has some really nice rooms and casitas for rent on her property. You'd have to actually go to the stand and ask for her, or ask at the Hotel.
Anyway, her property is located on the other side of La Mision, follow the dirt road back about 1-2 miles. It is very private, and you feel like you are really down somewhere in the jungle, it's really nice, really Mexican. Check it out.

Her property is on the left, the river is on the right.

South of the dunes theres a bridge, you past that and theres a small community there with nice houses ( i dont know whats the name of that) just next to that theres a large parcel of beach front land, and thats campito, it goes off in the summer from south swells, winters are usually sh****.

That guy is Tony Clifton, famous lounge singer caracter that comedian Andy Kauffman invented.

Mexitron - 4-25-2004 at 07:09 PM

Aaaaaaahhhhhh.......

Mexitron

Debra - 4-25-2004 at 07:19 PM

Is that Todos Santos?

mr.jack - 4-25-2004 at 11:07 PM

heh Maggie, que paso?

Jack Is That You???

Margie - 4-25-2004 at 11:19 PM

You're kidding me - Jack, is that you???

You're such a teaser, I'll see you out in the water.

Thank you Jesse, for the information!

Nice pic, K-38?

JESSE - 4-26-2004 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie

Nice pic, K-38?
Nah, no crowds, no rocks, no trash, has to be further south.

Mexitron's Secret

Margie - 4-27-2004 at 04:04 PM

Donde es, esta lugar?

Digame, por favor !

Por que te vas? Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, dolor.

[Edited on 4-27-2004 by Margie]

jide - 4-27-2004 at 10:53 PM

Has anyone surfed near laguna manuela?
I was there a month ago, and we caught this long right on longboards, estimated half a mile ride.
Cool spot!!:yes:

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by jide]

Margie - 4-27-2004 at 11:32 PM

Wow. No, I haven't been, we just fly past Guerro Negro. It's about 30 clicks north of there, right ? It is in a protected area, a wetland habitat ?

Can you give more details? uh-oh, another
secret spot...

Did you see any SHarKs ?

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Margie]

jide - 4-27-2004 at 11:45 PM

We knew we were in for an hardcore surf trip when we saw this....... while approaching laguna manuela:O

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by jide]

Margie - 4-28-2004 at 12:20 AM

Oh no...I'm going to have bad dreams tonight ! SHarKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or something, they have really big teeth and they look really bad.
I can't deal with this anymore,
I can't handle it,
Es un obsesion,estoy demente por
los pescados malos !

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Margie]

elgatoloco - 4-28-2004 at 09:20 AM

Only a half mile? You must have kicked out early! :biggrin:

We camped there in February one year so we could kayak with the whales as they come in the bay while heading north. I caught about a four foot wave on my kayak and rode that sucker for what seemed like a mile. As the tide shifted and the surf picked up I,being the only one in a group of 12 who had a board, surfed for several hours on chest to head high surf all alone. The first few waves I rode until the end and then got out and walked back up the beach. The takeoff area was right next to the rocky point and it was fun,fun,fun. When the tide had shifted it shut down and the next day the surf was gone and so were we! It was also the coldest place we have EVER camped in Baja, so far. The wind was blowing the sand all over and the water was in the 50's. :cool:

Interested in Laguna Manuela!

SteveU - 4-28-2004 at 10:40 AM

I have been there in the summer a couple of times kayaking, and wondered if the point ever had winter surf wrapping into the sandy bay. I would assume it was a mushy wave anyways, but that sounds like a lot of fun! I was at "The Wall" the week after Xmas, and planned on going down there if the surf got huge, but it didn't, so I never made it down there.

elgatoloco - 4-29-2004 at 08:49 AM

Laguna Manuela

The tide makes it very fickle. Go for it!

4baja - 4-30-2004 at 06:09 AM

the tide and it needs a very large north swell to get in there, great fishing to the north of the light house tho and miles of beach to ride on.:coolup:

Campo Arnaiz

hyme7of9 - 5-12-2004 at 08:39 AM

Where is this ?Or what is the break called?What happened?I tried to access the Puenta Board but no go.Adios.Hyme

Margie - 5-12-2004 at 11:13 AM

Hyme, without going into all the sordid details, scroll back to Baja Questions & Answers, then down to Cell Phone & Mexican Bank Accountds...helppp by British Girl.

Troublemaker says he goes there, but someone else complained awile back that they couldn't get in. That was on the Punta Banda Community Board.

I've always heard the place referred to as "Arnaiz". It's after Rincon, going towards La Buffadora.The land owners are the Arnaiz family, one of the wealthiest families in Tijuana.

[Edited on 5-12-2004 by Margie]

Campo Arnaiz

hyme7of9 - 5-25-2004 at 10:48 AM

Are you talking about the left point that you can see from La Jolla camp ? I've surfed it a coupla times.Takes a BIG swell to make it break.When that place is 3-4 feet everywhere else is richter.Best time I had there is on a kayak.I road 'em forever.Adios. Hyme ps You may know me or my dad named Leon Smith. We HAD a place at Campo Uno. Of course until it was stolen from us.I'm still peeed big time.

Hyme

Margie - 5-25-2004 at 03:38 PM

Hyme, yes that's the spot, and you're correct, it only breaks on a good North, but insides and outsides are the best left I think, just perfect.

Sorry about your home, what a terrible disaster, we feel so bad for you guys, that Teran is one big CROOK, I have a difficult time even going to the Santo Tomas hotsprings, which he owns. His property abutts the old Hussong Ranch, man I love that house!

Don't worry, it will come back to them, and seven times, and you guys having been betrayed and hurt so badly, something really good will happen for you, I really believe that.

Take care.

Secret Spot

Margie - 5-29-2004 at 04:47 PM

I think I know where Mexitron's spot is. Okay, is it the place, out of San Telmo Ejido, where there is the shipwreck? Some people call it San Telmo's, Rights or
Shipwreck. There is a small cluster of trailers, about 20 or so and the Big Kahuna lives there.

It's a good campout spot.

[Edited on 5-29-2004 by Margie]

Mexitron - 5-30-2004 at 11:37 AM

Sorry Margie--my lips are sealed.........but no, its not Shipwrecks(Punta San Jacinto)--I've never seen Shipwrecks hold a swell that big anyway....keep searching!

Secret Spot

Margie - 5-30-2004 at 01:10 PM

Oh darn.:(:(:(:(

Mexitron - 5-30-2004 at 03:24 PM

Margie--if we're ever in Baja at the same time I'll take you there but I can't post it publicly or I'd be shot by pappy and Taco De Baja!!!

Margie - 5-30-2004 at 05:06 PM

Okay ! I hope Jack can go, too. Thanks !:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

jrbaja - 6-7-2004 at 10:26 PM

Markitos - 6-8-2004 at 06:49 AM

Nice photo Jr !! Near Todo Santos?

You wouldn't believe me,

jrbaja - 6-8-2004 at 07:11 AM

even if I were to tell you!:lol: Which of course, I can't.
Same spot, bigger swell.

My fav spots

hyme7of9 - 6-8-2004 at 10:34 AM

My fav spots, not in order :
1.Stacks- Inners and Outers, this was the waves at El Sauzal before they wreaked it by building the jetty and filling in half the bay for fishing boats
2.Matachen Bay or also known as Las Islitas in San Blas
3.Petacalico- also gone due to the dam being built at Lazaro
4.Siren Bay and Open Doors on Isla Natividad
5.Chacala in Nayarit state
6.Puenta Mita and all 9 breaks, pick one
7.Puerto in Oaxaca - so crowded now, but in the day when it was a little place it was perfect ! circa 1974
8.Isla Todos Santos - bring da 10 ft.gun
9. 3m's in winter at low tide - what happened ? Rocks you say ?
10. Da Ranch in Gurerro state
And a coupla more that will remain nameless for obvious reasons.If I see you there then you know you're at the right spot Adios. Hyme

Markitos - 6-11-2004 at 07:39 AM

Fine then !!! :lol::lol::lol:
I wont tell you where this is!!
Oh yea it's soooo secret they dont let camras there !! :biggrin:

That's a good one Markitos

jrbaja - 6-11-2004 at 08:30 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Punta China

DanO - 6-11-2004 at 11:42 AM

Margie -- by Punta China do you mean the right just south of the rivermouth at La Bocana, or the point all the way down at the quarry?