BajaNomad

Matomi Canyon Satellite Photo

Mexitron - 4-26-2004 at 08:49 AM

Yet another map for us Matomi area addicts......the dark areas to the right are the Mesa Avion complex--virtually all the dissecting rivules drain out Arroyo Grande and on to El Rosario.........Matomi Canyon is running bottom(West) to top(Gulf)......Parral and the upper ampitheatre of Berrendo can also be seen.

jide - 4-26-2004 at 09:27 AM

Great picture Mexitron!
Is the top of this picture pointing to the north?
I'm having a difficult time locating matomi peak.

Neal Johns - 4-26-2004 at 09:37 AM

Great pic but I'm lost again (happens a lot to old guys).

:(
Which way is true North and do you have the Long/Lat for the edges?

Mexitron - 4-26-2004 at 10:23 AM

Sorry for the lack of directions.....left is north, right is south, top is east, and bottom is west. Jide-Pico Matomi isn't in the photo, but would be to the bottom right. This is actually part of a larger map which I scanned, but could only get about a third of it. The original map shows Pico Matomi....if I get some time I'll scan it in sections and post it...then you could print it and join them together........hey Jide, when are we going to Baja again?! I'm interested in hiking up Arroyo Grande sometime in the next year or so...its probably getting too hot for now....

bajalou - 4-26-2004 at 03:04 PM

Great photo once I know that left was north, no problem picking out Berrendo, El Parrle and of course the Matomi. i wonder if this would be a good overlay for the 3DEM stuff I got from Baja Taco. Think it would make the 3d stuff really stand out. Also plot tracks with Ozi. again great work Mexitron

arroyo grande expedition

jide - 5-2-2004 at 01:11 AM

Hey Mexitron,
I would absolutely be delighted to explore arroyo grande, even spend a week exploring "the grand canyon of baja".
Anytime between beginning of november to mid-december or beginning of march 05(I'll be in the alps snowboarding for 2 months, so january or february is not possible)
let's plan it!!!!

Mexitron - 5-2-2004 at 03:00 PM

Sounds good!! We'll pick dates as we get closer......Hey pappy and Baja Taco--are you in?

Taco de Baja - 5-3-2004 at 07:07 AM

sounds tempting.....:yes:
but depends on my vacation schedule, I definately want to try to get to Punta Vibora this summer too, Plus do some stateside vacations with Jen. :saint:

pappy - 5-3-2004 at 02:06 PM

the only thing i am "in" is trouble-my heart and mind are being put to the test by this sweet lil' gal.....:o

Mexitron - 5-3-2004 at 05:31 PM

uh-oh pappy....time to go to Baja--sooner than later--those girl troubles go away soon after the first Ballena!