BajaNomad

Internet service between TJ and Baja Mar

lspeer - 6-30-2008 at 08:33 PM

WL COM now offers high speed internet access between tj and baja mar. They use directional antennas to relay the signal from the US and down the baja coast. It cost $125 for setup and $30 a month. Our antenna points to plaza del mar and it's relayed to calafia from there. The service is fast but has a glitch and doesn't respond every now and then. All in all, well worth the cost. Its a lot faster than telnor dsl.

BajaGringo - 6-30-2008 at 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lspeer
WL COM now offers high speed internet access between tj and baja mar. They use directional antennas to relay the signal from the US and down the baja coast. It cost $125 for setup and $30 a month. Our antenna points to plaza del mar and it's relayed to calafia from there. The service is fast but has a glitch and doesn't respond every now and then. All in all, well worth the cost. Its a lot faster than telnor dsl.

What are your up/down speeds?

Welcome

The Gull - 6-30-2008 at 08:42 PM

before you get much of a response to your postings, let me be one of the first to welcome you and accuse you of something nefarious. Some of the Nomad Nobility will have beaten me to the punch, but apparently they are preoccupied with other threads.

Here is the condemnation you should expect...WHAT IS YOUR PART IN THIS NEW INTERNET ENTERPRISE THAT YOU ARE PROMOTING?

There, it is over now, welcome to the board.

lspeer - 6-30-2008 at 09:20 PM

Download is around 4000 kbps, upload 500-750 kbps. I suspect the response the throughput would get better the closer you get to the border.

The only role I play in the Internet service is a customer.

Thx for the warning. :)

DavidT - 6-30-2008 at 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
.WHAT IS YOUR PART IN THIS NEW INTERNET ENTERPRISE THAT YOU ARE PROMOTING?

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=32186

Woooosh - 7-1-2008 at 12:19 PM

Have you tried the service with internet phones or internet fax machines yet?

lspeer - 7-1-2008 at 05:39 PM

I've tried Vonage and it works fine most of the time. Every once in a while the service hits a glitch and stops responding. When that occurs the Vonage starts getting choppy or the voice of the other person starts slowing down.

I use Magicjack , it works great

Keri - 7-2-2008 at 07:57 AM

I was the one that contacted wlcom to come to this area because I had telnor satillite and hated it. I heard about wlcom from a friend in Rosarito. Their equiptment is on the roof of one of our top condos. It goes out everyonce in awhile especially in heavy fog or rain but for the most part it is a pretty stable force,k

lspeer - 7-4-2008 at 04:19 PM

Thanks for getting them down here and the info on the fog & rain. That explains a lot. How long have you had the service?

Ispeer, I've had it at least 2 years maybe more I don't know for sure

Keri - 7-4-2008 at 05:36 PM

but I will tell you it is alot better than telnor. I have been very happy with them,k:yes::yes:

blumonde - 3-3-2015 at 01:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lspeer  

Ispeer, your link is not working (http://wlcom.com.mx/). Are they still in business?

Thank you.

David K - 3-3-2015 at 02:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blumonde  
Quote: Originally posted by lspeer  

Ispeer, your link is not working (http://wlcom.com.mx/). Are they still in business?

Thank you.

See the date of the posts you replied to? 2008!!

EnsenadaDr - 3-5-2015 at 10:28 PM

Quick Speed is the best it is a $150 initial setup charge and then $35 a month charge payable online to Fisher Group. I am in a low lying area where Telnor is spotty and this internet service is always reliable and fast. I am between Bajamar and Rosarito.

blumonde - 3-5-2015 at 10:44 PM

EnsenadaDr,

May I have their website address please. I googled "quick speed" and found nothing relating IP service.

Thank you.

EnsenadaDr - 3-5-2015 at 10:51 PM

http://www.quickspeednet.com/

blumonde - 3-5-2015 at 11:03 PM

Thanks EnsenadaDr.