BajaNomad

Auto Storage in La Paz

Phil C - 8-3-2008 at 01:55 PM

Anyone know anything about a place to store a car in La Paz. Outside secure would be fine, Close to the airport better. Cost? Etc. Thanks

Lee - 8-3-2008 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil C
Anyone know anything about a place to store a car in La Paz. Outside secure would be fine, Close to the airport better. Cost? Etc. Thanks

Wiley or Carol would know about the place on Airport Rd. that got flooded last year. Don't know the outcome if another hurricane hits -- but would like to know if it'll be flooded again. Wiley posted their number and I should have copied it down. Wiley? Carol?

comitan - 8-3-2008 at 02:34 PM

The site I believe is now secure as can be made., Call Jim or @612 124 6504

I don't know their rates they are on the road to the airport.

wiley

Phil C - 8-3-2008 at 03:45 PM

Thanks Guys, talked to Jim $30 per Mo. on airport road.

CaboRon - 8-4-2008 at 07:57 AM

It is interesting that none of the persons who lost EVERYTHING in the flood (which was created by conditions which still exist) have responded.

I have been there since the new wall went up ... still no drainage to let the water flow thru the yard ... that unreinforced wall will become a damm again and when it fails you too will loose all of your stuff.

Not: A couple of undersized pieces of rebar do NOT constitute reinforcement.

CaboRon

Check this out:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=26667

Alan - 8-4-2008 at 06:52 PM

As I understand it, what caused the flood were workers who had dammed up the arroyo so they could build the bridge. Now that the foundation for the bridge has been set I don't think they will be damming up the arroyo again any time in the near future.

I still agree with the other opinions already expressed that Jim and Gloria's Storage yard is still the best and most secure storage facility in La Paz.

Survival of the highest

Lee - 8-4-2008 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
I still agree with the other opinions already expressed that Jim and Gloria's Storage yard is still the best and most secure storage facility in La Paz.

That could be. Come the next hurricane, I'll be interested in who is stored there and how they survive.

comitan - 8-4-2008 at 07:32 PM

Ron

That is not a unreinforced wall it is built like a Dam.

CaboRon - 8-5-2008 at 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Ron

That is not a unreinforced wall it is built like a Dam.

The force of water buildup is tremendous .....

And I have seen that wall......

You should allow the water to flow through the wall or fence, so as to reduce buildup .

CaboRon