BajaNomad

Irish Surfers

Margie - 5-3-2004 at 12:05 PM

Has anyone out there had to use Efudex
on their skin for skin cancer?

I'm using it on my arms, legs and chest, and I look terrible, all swollen, it's gross.
Plus it makes you feel weird, it's a chemical used to kill the cancer cells.

Plus I'm grounded, no sun or surf for at least two months.

The white-eyes are cursed again !

Pobre sito !

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Margie]

JESSE - 5-3-2004 at 12:58 PM

What is that? sunscreen?

Efudex

Margie - 5-3-2004 at 02:45 PM

No, I wish it were a sunscreen.

It's for solar keratoses, or superficial basal cell carcinoma caused by years of being in the sun.

It destroys AK cells without harming the healthy ones, but it's a drag to use. Did I say 2 months, maybe four, and it's so warm right now I want to go jump in the ocean.

You can look it up on the web, and see pictures of what it does to your skin during treatment, it's really gross. Maybe I can get a part in a monster movie.

All you guys, lay on the zinc peroxide !

Markitos - 5-4-2004 at 06:13 AM

Holley Molley!!! Scary stuff Margie !!
My daughter drew mw as a black man in school. I'm Irish!!Stated laying on the screen only a few years ago ut oh. Hope ya get back in the water ASP! Once your a water junkie theres no turning back :bounce:

Irish Surfers

Margie - 5-4-2004 at 01:47 PM

Are you referring to the thread under Gaza Baby Killers ?

If so, then your daughter will truly have an appreciation for Eugene O'Neil, and an understanding of the blackness of men's souls.

To you, Markitos, a toast and a blessing:

" May Christ and His Saints stand between you and harm
Mary and her Son
Patrick with his staff
Martin with his mantle
Brigid with her veil
Michael with his shield
And God over all with His strong right hand."

P.S. Thank you for your concern, not to worry, will be back out there sooner than you think.Still one of my all time favs, check it out if you haven't already, The Long Black Veil (CD) by the Chieftains

xxxxoooo!!!!

More Irish Surfers

Margie - 5-5-2004 at 06:36 PM

Speaking of Irish Surfers, whatever happened to the guy from Ireland who a few years back, made Time Magazine for surfing a huge wave and winning the contest (not that I'm a contest fan) at Todos Santos off of Ensenada and just blowing everyone away ?

What was his name?

I heard the wave was 50 feet.

God, I wish that Dave would get off my case.Have to go....bye...