BajaNomad

anyone remember the wonderful baker in BOLA?

BajaVida - 5-7-2004 at 06:03 PM

I can't remember his name, but he had a bakery (near Las Hamacas) with a woodfired adobe brick oven. He made the best bolillos. That would have been over new years in 1978/79.

Quite a party at Casa Diaz, too. The band came all the way from Ensenada.:cool:

trblmkr - 5-7-2004 at 08:56 PM

Can't remember his name, only that he got tired of sweating to death in the summer and thought he's switch to selling ice cream. That idea was laughed to death as who would have EVER imagined selling ice cream in Bahia back then. Now it is in every store. He was on to something back then.

P.

P.S. (this is the edited part, the parties at Diaz are still quite the thing. The bands come from a distance and donations are welcome that evening to help with the cost.)

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by trblmkr]

OK, P!?

Mike Humfreville - 5-7-2004 at 09:23 PM

Inquiring minds want to know what caused the switch from P.D. y C to trblmkr.

FESS UP!

It's not really inquiring minds anyway, just half-wits - MA and me

I might even have a picture of him somewhere

BajaVida - 5-7-2004 at 10:03 PM

maybe I can post it

bigboy - 5-10-2004 at 01:07 PM

I remember him....he would bake in the morning and play dominos at the old ice house in the afternoon.

tim40 - 5-10-2004 at 02:08 PM

Is he the same person up to a couple of years ago had a bakery in what looked like a house on the then dirt road to heading to the camps north of town? That person make the best birthday cake my wife ever had...

no, a different baker

BajaVida - 5-10-2004 at 08:39 PM

the bakery your mention (pinkish house on the right as you head north) is no more

looks like it is just being used as a house:no:

burritomama - 5-28-2004 at 10:46 PM

the original wonderful baker is before my time but I hear that Mauro (the Italian painter who lives next to the turtles) and his wife Patty are planning a bakery and a cafe....she is a terrific baker (I have sampled her wares).

Burritomama

Mike Humfreville - 5-28-2004 at 10:59 PM

This is the young guy who lives in the two-story out where you guys were campingY North of Antonios? He's building the cafe on the hill west of the pavement coming into town? What a trip. Also, off other posts, we're starting to hear more about Escalera Nautica. Do a search and check it out.

burritomama - 5-29-2004 at 11:10 AM

yes, that's Mauro. he's got a two story place near Antonio's --and he's building that cafe .

I'll check out that damned escalera - thanks for the tip.

more tip her

Anonymous - 6-10-2004 at 09:02 PM

[Edited on 6-11-2004 by Q87]

not nice

thebajarunner - 6-10-2004 at 10:28 PM

Hey Anonymous,
Not Nice!!
GET A LIFE!!
Get a name,
Get a new place to make nasty!!

Baja Arriba!!