BajaNomad

baja pilot?

marla - 5-10-2004 at 11:46 AM

Hi, I have a photographer friend who needs to get down to Bahia Las Animas for a couple of days around Memorial Days to do photos for a newspaper story on Marv Sherill's annual class trip there. Is there anyone who could fly him there and back and, if so, how much would you charge? Is there an airstrip there? If not, any other suggestions for how he could get down there and back from Orange County? Please send me private message. Thanks!

bahia las animas?

capt. mike - 5-10-2004 at 02:54 PM

you might try the baja bush pilots web site. where is that place? i can't recall a strip by that name. could he leave from and return to phx area? i am headed south memorial weekend and might have a seat.

David K - 5-10-2004 at 09:49 PM

Gee Mike, check with the world's biggest maps of Baja... :)

Anyway, you don't know about it because there is NO airstrip there. The closest is the Munoz' strip next door to Camp Gecko. Bahia las Animas is the next bay south of Bahia de los Angeles.

Remember at my Viva Baja 3 party you attended, Gail Sherill (Marv's wife) showed us that wonderful movie about the high school biology class field trip to Las Animas... it was great to see kids who never left the city, learn to study the sea and live off of it for a week.

The Baja Calendar sales (here on Nomad) is one way Marv raises money so all the kids can experience his Baja field trip...

Someone at Bahia de los Angeles would need to give this person a ride about 45 miles from the L.A. Bay airport or 38 miles from Munoz' strip.

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by David K]

ok, now i know....

capt. mike - 5-11-2004 at 04:44 AM

sure, i have one of his calendars, 2003.

I didn't get to see the "camp" movie 'cause i was outside enjoying a cigar and imbibing/talking to a myriad of enthusiasts! :yes::spingrin: