BajaNomad

In need of a notary

backninedan - 5-11-2004 at 11:01 AM

Anybody coming down to Loreto soon that has a notary stamp??

I am getting a duplicate birth certifacate and need notary to stamp a verification of I D prior to sending it off to L. A..

The closest notary to me is La Paz, and even then Im not sure that it would be acceptable.

If you come down with your stamp, it would be worth a fishing trip including cervezas.

Thanks for any help

Dan/Loreto

Go to the states

Tucker - 5-11-2004 at 11:06 AM

and have it done, you'll save yourself a lot of trouble. The only possible viable alternative is to use the US consul in Cabo, or Tijuana.. email usconsulcabo@hotmail.com if you have questions.

notary in Mexico

thebajarunner - 5-11-2004 at 03:54 PM

Notary in Mexico is quite more 'official' than in the U.S.
I work in the real estate development area and the notary in the US is not such a formal deal as in Mexico.
They have a much higher degree of "diligence" built into the system, my guess is that it would be most difficult to simply get a Mexican notary stamp on a document.
But, it is sure a long drive North for a simple stamp, isn't it?
I got a duplicate birth certificate out of Tacoma last month, by mail, to California, and it was certified and did not need any other stamps for my further use.

Baja Arriba!!

dvdgldg - 5-11-2004 at 06:25 PM

Dan, My wife and I are going to a notary tomorrow , maybe I could ask her to come down to Loreto with me...maybe I better rethink that.... see ya soon, Dave .P.S. If I can help somehow up here let me know.