BajaNomad

NorCal to Bola this friday

Martyman - 9-24-2008 at 03:52 PM

Hey all;
My buddie bailed on me so I'm going at it alone. Starting from Santa Rosa at 2pm Friday (9-26). Will cross the TJ border Sat. (9-27) morning. Might make it all the way but more likely spend Sat night at Cielito Lindo and get to Bola by noon sunday.
Looking for someone fun to share gas expenses.

marv sherrill - 9-24-2008 at 04:27 PM

Boy - drive a gazillion hours and then stay at Cielito Lindo - a glutton for punishment....

Paulina - 9-24-2008 at 04:40 PM

Marv,

I haven't stayed at C.L. for a few years now, but if it's that bad, all he has to do is drink more than two of their margaritas then he may not remember his punishment come morning....

P<*)))>{

Martyman - 9-25-2008 at 07:48 AM

Marv-Cielito Lindo is the classic baja spot! You probably stay at La Pinta or whatever it is called. I would go to baja cactus but I'm afraid of running into David K. I don't like most gringos!

Nobody wants to come?
:smug:

Diver - 9-25-2008 at 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
I would go to baja cactus but I'm afraid of running into David K. :smug:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bajaboy - 9-25-2008 at 08:24 AM

This isn't funny, it's plain rude. If you don't like someone, keep it to yourself.

Zac

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

tripledigitken - 9-25-2008 at 08:28 AM

There more options than just Cielito Linda and La Pinta.

Old Mill and Jardines to name a few. Both have good restaurants within stumbling distance.:lol:

Ken

[Edited on 9-25-2008 by tripledigitken]

woody with a view - 9-25-2008 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
This isn't funny, it's plain rude. If you don't like someone, keep it to yourself.

Zac

Quote:
Quote:

it IS rude, and FUNNY!.

EDIT: FUNNY trumps rude everytime.

[Edited on 9-25-2008 by woody in ob]

Diver - 9-25-2008 at 08:34 AM

Oh Zac, take a break dude.
I assumed the comment was made in jest as was my response.
(Anyone could make that comment about me and I wouldn't be offended; especially from someone who doesn't even know me.)

Baby keeping you up nights ? :lol:
Seriously though, hope you guys are having a great time with your little man !

Bajaboy - 9-25-2008 at 08:39 AM

All is well on this end..but the DK bashing gets old...like him or not. My comments were directed well beyond what you said.

Just returned from a week in Norcal with the baby and getting ready for a 3-4 week trip to Baja in November. And Gabriel is only waking up once or twice a night...pretty chill baby.

Zac

Quote:
Oh Zac, take a break dude.
I assumed the comment was made in jest as was my response.
(Anyone could make that comment about me and I wouldn't be offended; especially from someone who doesn't even know me.)

Baby keeping you up nights ? :lol:
Seriously though, hope you guys are having a great time with your little man !

David K - 9-25-2008 at 08:41 AM

Yah that is funny... since I don't even know Marty (I don't think?)!

Anyway, if I was at Baja Cactus I still wouldn't let him sleep in the same room with us! lol :rolleyes:

Not to worry marty, my next trip through El Rosario isn't until November... but honestly, don't be affraid of me... I drink Pacifico and Tecate and will share. :light:

Have a great time at Gecko and may you catch all the fish you wish!:cool:

Diver - 9-25-2008 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
.... getting ready for a 3-4 week trip to Baja in November. And Gabriel is only waking up once or twice a night...pretty chill baby.

Any chance you guys will be down in late December or early January ?
We'd love to meet and greet little Gabriel !

Diver - 9-25-2008 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Anyway, if I was at Baja Cactus I still wouldn't let him sleep in the same room with us! lol :rolleyes:

Perfect response DK !! :yes: :lol:

DianaT - 9-25-2008 at 09:13 AM

Last time we were at Cielito Lindo, albiet a number of years ago, they were having major problems with their sewage system and the smell was worse than horrible.

Jardines is a really nice place and the restaurant is great. It is also very quiet---unless there is a Mexican Wedding going on which someone else came upon. :lol::lol:

Hope you find someone to share your ride.

Good Luck
Diane

Martyman - 9-25-2008 at 09:14 AM

DK
Where is the love?
That's okay.

[Edited on 9-25-2008 by Martyman]

Fred - 9-25-2008 at 10:06 AM

Yes, great answer DK. I would love to meet DK. He has given me a great deal of info and answered EVERY one of my U2U's.

Fred

Martyman - 9-25-2008 at 11:58 AM

Arghhhh. help!!! My post has turned into a DK lovefest.
Maybe I'll just stop at Sharkys

Diver - 9-25-2008 at 12:02 PM

Quote:
My post has turned into a DK lovefest.

Jealous ??? :P :lol:

Hope you have a blast in Baja !!

capt. mike - 9-25-2008 at 12:43 PM

"This isn't funny, it's plain rude. If you don't like someone, keep it to yourself."

pretty easy to read that comment by Marty was purely tongue in cheek.
DK has a good sense of humor and can be self effacing. just see his response. no harm, no foul.

Marty - stay at Jardines it is getting mainly good reviews.

marv sherrill - 9-25-2008 at 01:59 PM

Martyman - i don't stay at Cielito Lindo (or La Pinta (desert inn) - I have an aversion to sharing my sleeping quarters with cucarachas, toilets that don't work, and matresses that are 50 years old when there are much better sites, better rates and CLEAN HOTELS AVAILABLE! -

baja-ebonny - 9-26-2008 at 08:41 AM

Martyman, David and I will be at Cielito Lindo Sat. "Happy hour" at 4p.m. and continuing. Maybe to Jardines for dinner. It is a celebration of sorts. Come by and see us.

Packoderm - 9-26-2008 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
I don't like most gringos!

Nobody wants to come?
:smug:

Um, no.

David K - 9-26-2008 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baja-ebonny
Martyman, David and I will be at Cielito Lindo Sat. "Happy hour" at 4p.m. and continuing. Maybe to Jardines for dinner. It is a celebration of sorts. Come by and see us.

David who... and who are you?:lol::o:?:

Martyman - 9-26-2008 at 09:32 AM

Thanks for the invite baja-e. Flying solo so the schedule is more spontaneous.
Cielito Lindo is awesome. Aromathermy of insecticide in each room! It's almost like having a playstation in your room with all the critters running around. I bring a bb gun.
Thank god that it is not dog friendly. Sleeping dogs are what make the beds have that big canyon in the middle:yes:

baja-ebonny - 9-26-2008 at 09:36 AM

David K, This is David A & Yvonne Martyman, We never sleep there on those nasty beds unless its called for, we usually go back to my father in laws house where there are clean beds and bathrooms. hope you come by and see us. I love to suck down those margaritas. Some how I have some kind of record.

David K - 9-26-2008 at 10:01 AM

Hi Yvonne!

Still drinking and driving (ATVs)?

Have fun... say hi to Dave!

aha baja - 9-26-2008 at 11:01 PM

WOW Y checkin to see if they are still there?:lol: They seemed to be the last time I saw you and your hubby at camp gecko. Say hey to Dave A, o.k.

aha baja - 9-26-2008 at 11:11 PM

On my way back in July spent the night at CL. Place was empty on a sat night.:?: Had the crab (wayyyyy over cooked, three KILLER margs and slept in my truck camer shell (6" foam futon pad). Out like a light, and booked it at dark thirty. Still a cool funky cantina bar but the rooms,fo:wow:getaboutit