BajaNomad

invisible members

larry - 10-2-2008 at 04:34 PM

At the bottom of the main page that lists all the subforums, there is a section that says how many guests, members and invisible members are online currently.

What are "invisible members?"

TacoFeliz - 10-2-2008 at 04:49 PM

We don't talk about invisible members in public. It's just plain rude and there is no need to call attention those who have that unfortunate condition.

Happens when it's really, really cold.

Dave - 10-2-2008 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larry

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill someone.

Let me think about who I'm gonna off and then get back to you.

[Edited on 10-2-2008 by Dave]

tripledigitken - 10-2-2008 at 04:54 PM

"...... .. ....... . .... ........ .. ... ....... .!"

bajaguy - 10-2-2008 at 04:57 PM

I can think of several posters that should be invisible...:lol:

bajabound2005 - 10-2-2008 at 04:58 PM

Under your profile, you have the option to browse the board invisably. You may be logged in, but your user name doesn't show up as being on the board at that time. The IM services offer the same thing.

larry - 10-2-2008 at 05:05 PM

Thank you all for the witty responses...and the actual information.

elizabeth - 10-2-2008 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
I can think of several posters that should be invisible...:lol:

Or...whose posts should be invisible!

Osprey - 10-2-2008 at 05:14 PM

Skinwalkers

Bob and Susan - 10-2-2008 at 05:49 PM

picture...

ins.jpg - 7kB

Russ - 10-2-2008 at 05:59 PM

Now THIS is fun. Wonder where it will go before it goes south?

bajabound2005 - 10-2-2008 at 06:30 PM

no, your posts are NOT invisible...you can just be browsing the board without anyone knowing you're "on line"

toneart - 10-2-2008 at 08:21 PM

I am invisible and post rarely. For me, I only post where I feel I can contribute to questions or learn something from knowledgeable Nomads. It is a waste of time to defend against flamers. My Avatar and my profile is invisible too.

The Thrill Has Gone--B.B. King:cool:

Packoderm - 10-2-2008 at 08:29 PM

Here is a picture of me while I'm invisible:

Packoderm has attached this image:

danaeb - 10-2-2008 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
I am invisible and post rarely. For me, I only post where I feel I can contribute to questions or learn something from knowledgeable Nomads. It is a waste of time to defend against flamers. My Avatar and my profile is invisible too.

Tony - I think you have been missed. At least I've missed your calm, sensible posts. Don't leave.....

elgatoloco - 10-2-2008 at 09:20 PM

We were at the Monterey Jazz Festival and we scored tickets to the main stage and saw BB King. It was incredible. It was late 80's and he was at the top of his game. It was electric.

"I gave you a brand new ford
and you said "i want a Cadillac"
I bought you a ten dollar dinner
and you said "thanks for the snack"!
I let you live in my penthouse
you said it was just a shack!
I gave you seven children
and now you wanna to give 'em back!

How Blue Can You Get?

casper aka egl :dudette:

Skip_Mac - 10-2-2008 at 10:15 PM

Look 'TacoFeliz", Some might call me an 'invisible' member. I have personal commitments to people, closer to the border than I, who physically support the educational and financial development of thye border atea , of deserving students in the educational system and those entrepreneurs of the Baja economy like Sheri and Juan in Asuncion.

I an largely silent on these pages...Though I read them. I can afford the time (more than money) to return to Baja every other year... after my first trip in 1974. Many changes, many possible complaints or problems. Those I don't share, as they are the exception rather than the rule. Whiners and haters live for their offended sensibilities...NOT me.

I am NOT invisible to the Baja residents who's schools I support, who's children I support through University and who's parents businesses whom I partonize...because they are good People.. hard working and helping their neighbors.

How many of my NorCal USA neighbors can say they have helped a neighbor?

I feel more at home here than here

2-tie-dye-4 - 10-2-2008 at 10:50 PM

My biggest fish ever hooked in Asuncion is invisible, too. But, it got away.

gnukid - 10-2-2008 at 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larry
At the bottom of the main page that lists all the subforums, there is a section that says how many guests, members and invisible members are online currently.

Invisible members is an option in your login profile. It means that you are logged in but not listed by login name. So we list the names of logged in members plus the number of invisible members who choose this option, though really it doesn't provide much more security to be "invisible".

LOSARIPES - 10-3-2008 at 02:13 AM

At the shrink's office:

Doctor, the man who says he invisible just arrived.....

Doc: Tell him I can't see him......

TacoFeliz - 10-3-2008 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skip_Mac
Look 'TacoFeliz", Some might call me an 'invisible' member. I have personal commitments to people, closer to the border than I, who physically support the educational and financial development of thye border atea , of deserving students in the educational system and those entrepreneurs of the Baja economy like Sheri and Juan in Asuncion.

I an largely silent on these pages...Though I read them. I can afford the time (more than money) to return to Baja every other year... after my first trip in 1974. Many changes, many possible complaints or problems. Those I don't share, as they are the exception rather than the rule. Whiners and haters live for their offended sensibilities...NOT me.

I am NOT invisible to the Baja residents who's schools I support, who's children I support through University and who's parents businesses whom I partonize...because they are good People.. hard working and helping their neighbors.

How many of my NorCal USA neighbors can say they have helped a neighbor?

I feel more at home here than here

. :lol:

Just jokin' son. Check your sense of humor.

Barry A. - 10-3-2008 at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

Tony - I think you have been missed. At least I've missed your calm, sensible posts. Don't leave.....

Tony------I KNOW you have been missed-----please stick around. I welcome your amusing and well thought out responses.

barry

shari - 10-3-2008 at 05:23 PM

did anyone notice an increase in invisible members when the tone of the board changed and became hostile? I thought about perusing invisibly but never did but I imagine lots of people did. Maybe some folks dont want others to know they are here.

Tom Montana - 10-3-2008 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
did anyone notice an increase in invisible members when the tone of the board changed and became hostile? I thought about perusing invisibly but never did but I imagine lots of people did. Maybe some folks dont want others to know they are here.

Wouldn't that imply that the people who said they were leaving because they did not like the tone of the board really never left?

Bajalover - 10-3-2008 at 05:52 PM

Well now :bounce::bounce:. I use Bajanomad as my home page and generally just check out the "today's notes" to see if there's anything that catches my eye before heading off to see whether or not I can still afford anything " with the way the market is going". Invisible may not be the norm, but time dictates check, see, and head off on another direction.
THIS is the BEST Forum anyone could ever ask for. 99.9999% people are great and the content is soooooooooo informative and fun.
Hello to all and keep Baja private :light::lol::lol::lol: