Pages:  1    3  4

Cajones - 10-3-2008 at 10:49 PM

It could impact Baja.

Thread title changed!!

[Edited on 10-7-2008 by Cajones]

Hook - 10-3-2008 at 10:53 PM

You beat me by one minute.

http://www.eebmike.com/

Also looks like waves of moisture from H. Marie are closing in on Baja.

[Edited on 10-4-2008 by Hook]

Bob and Susan - 10-4-2008 at 06:09 AM

we ALREADY had our "7 days" of rain... :saint::saint:

i hate rain:biggrin:

strm.jpg - 47kB

shari - 10-4-2008 at 08:27 AM

We are experiencing a large swell from "Marie" and unseasonably warm weather and light winds here in Bahia Asuncion.

bajajudy - 10-4-2008 at 09:33 AM

We have a nice swell here too. I saw a kid ride inside the tube at La Playa this morning(I had a flash of the bonsai pipeline). After he dropped over the back of the wave, he let out a yeehaa that could be heard up and down the beach. I would venture that was the best ride of the season for him at La Playa and it was really cool to watch.

cool this morning...72 on the porch but the water felt warmer than yesterday.

woody with a view - 10-4-2008 at 02:15 PM

Judy

can you get some fotos in the morning?

bajajudy - 10-4-2008 at 02:22 PM

Woody
Just for you I will take my camera in the morning but I doubt I will see anything like that kid rode this morning.
manana

woody with a view - 10-4-2008 at 02:45 PM

that's okay. this morning was just for that kid and you!

Bob and Susan - 10-5-2008 at 05:47 AM

sunday...

Untitled.jpg - 29kB

Hook - 10-5-2008 at 06:08 AM

This morning we have screaming dry winds out of the WNW, with gusts up to 30 kts. Well, dry is a relative term. 40-45% humidity is about 25-30% less than it has been for weeks at this time of the day.

No fishing for me today.................maybe it will cool the water some.

Bob and Susan - 10-5-2008 at 06:18 AM

here in mulege on the bay

clear
no clouds
78 degrees at 7:00am

Untitled.jpg - 11kB

Update

bajajudy - 10-5-2008 at 09:59 AM

80 on my porch

norbert.gif - 34kB

Kinda interesting to compare

bajajudy - 10-5-2008 at 10:02 AM

norbertcomp.gif - 32kB

No Worries !

MrBillM - 10-5-2008 at 10:20 AM

Everything's goona be all right.

woody with a view - 10-5-2008 at 05:29 PM

that 5 day forecast is worrying me. 5 days is when we head south and that track is gonna make for some wet weather. oh well, i guess camping in a hurricane COULD be viewed as something fun!

:o:light::rolleyes:

bajajudy - 10-5-2008 at 05:34 PM

Woody
We would love some photos of your camping in a hurricane.
5 days are notoriously wrong...hold on to what you got!
And most of all................HAVE FUN:lol::lol:

LOOK-OUT FOR THIS ONE

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-5-2008 at 05:54 PM

bajajudy - 10-5-2008 at 06:26 PM

El,
We would also likes photos of this event!
Have a great time.
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

photos not phptos, silly me

[Edited on 10-6-2008 by bajajudy]

Katiejay99 - 10-5-2008 at 06:55 PM

The latest computer model is pointing right at Todos Santos!! You may get those photos after all. I sure hope it calms down before reaching us - we could use the rain but I can't even think about a hurricane hitting us dead on.

CaboRon - 10-5-2008 at 07:02 PM

This forcast shows it about 300 miles west of Todos Santos on Friday morning.

CaboRon

woody with a view - 10-5-2008 at 07:09 PM

if it holds speed/course (unlikely) sunday and monday should be interesting in the northern lands....

Marie-Rose - 10-6-2008 at 06:21 AM

:o:o
Yikes... hold on!

dtbushpilot - 10-6-2008 at 08:27 AM

We plan to fly into Punta Pescadero on Friday......may need to push it back a few days:no::no:....dt

Diver - 10-6-2008 at 08:31 AM

It get's worse;

144054W_sm.gif - 28kB

Diver - 10-6-2008 at 08:34 AM

Hmmm;

ep200815_model.gif - 31kB

Barry A. - 10-6-2008 at 03:56 PM

----bump------

Cajones - 10-6-2008 at 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morgaine7
Probably time to add "Norbert" to the thread subject, which only Cajones (or Doug) can do.

Done. I didn't know I could do that. Thanks.

woody with a view - 10-6-2008 at 06:12 PM

sorry Judy. doesn't look like i'll be able to fulfill your request re: camping in a hurricane. we hope everyone rides it out down there. we'll be thinking of all y'alls.

Diver - 10-6-2008 at 08:25 PM

Coming your way:

norbert.gif - 28kB

Diver - 10-6-2008 at 08:27 PM

Hmmm ....

model.gif - 31kB

Cajones - 10-6-2008 at 08:37 PM

It's intresting how 5 different models have converged so closely.

Coming Soon ?

MrBillM - 10-6-2008 at 10:03 PM

Well, as I'm always hearing people say, "we (in this case "They") could use the rain".

Russ - 10-7-2008 at 04:41 AM

Projection Tues. 2am

Norbert -10 -7:2AM.jpg - 49kB

Bob and Susan - 10-7-2008 at 05:52 AM

i hate rain...

woody with a view - 10-7-2008 at 06:11 AM

me too.

vandenberg - 10-7-2008 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
i hate rain...

Well, you moved to the right place.:biggrin::biggrin:

maspacifico - 10-7-2008 at 07:38 AM

I am really glad I put off weeding!

Eli - 10-7-2008 at 04:07 PM

So, here I am still Oaxaca, and I just got a shippment ready to send back to Los Barriles, and I am on my way out the door to the shippers and I hear this thunder and look at the gray pregant sky and the light goes on in my head about reading on Nomads last night about Norbert, what was I thinking getting ready to send stuff out in the middle of a hurricane watch, ay que silly me!

So, I figure before I turn every thing over to the shipper I had best check the forum, and thanks you guys, I am going to wait it out for a few days, see which way the wind blows before I send a bunch of stuff to get stuck somewhere in the middle, been there, done that already. Anyway, for me the absolute best about this forum is the weather reports at this time of year, I can really depend on Judy and the rest of you to let me know what is going on. I will be watching the fourm for the next few days. Saludos, Sara

Katiejay99 - 10-7-2008 at 04:35 PM

white whispy clouds to the south and west of us here in Todos Santos -not much of a breeze going on- of course, it's only Tuesday...

From the hurricane Norbert forecast

Sharksbaja - 10-7-2008 at 04:50 PM

Quote:

IT IS PREMATURE TO SAY WHAT KIND OF IMPACT NORBERT MAY HAVE ON BAJA
CALIFORNIA.

Now that's reassuring!:?::?:

Russ - 10-7-2008 at 07:01 PM

I was hoping that this hurricane would weaken and move NW but this afternoon it looks like it will come in around TS as a hurricane. Hope the model changes!

10:7-2pm.jpg - 47kB

Hook - 10-7-2008 at 07:09 PM

Check out the satellite and radar imagery of Norbert. This storm looks REALLY large in size.

vandenberg - 10-7-2008 at 08:14 PM

This is a very large storm, along the lines of Juliette.
As Morgaine's image shows, it will hit and cross the peninsula as a full blown hurricane. Hope they're wrong, but in the mean time:"Hold on to your hat":no:

Sending our best vibes to everyone in Southern Baja.

ArroyoTaxi - 10-7-2008 at 08:24 PM

We thought we got off easy this season.

dtbushpilot - 10-7-2008 at 08:25 PM

Well, it doesn't look good for flying the buck80 into Punta Pescadero on Friday. If it were just my lovely wife and I it would be a GRAND adventure but I doubt that the cats and dog would be amused spending a few nights stranded somewhere. I think we'll shoot for Tuesday or Wednesday......guess I'll have to wear these long pants for a few more days......dt

rogbag - 10-7-2008 at 09:32 PM

Will get to Buena Vista Wednesday PM the 8th for a week stay - looks like it might be interesting, or at least wet. Have lived thru a tornado, several earthquakes, one marriage and the aftermath of Hurrican Camille, so it appears that I might get a new experience. Not necessarily a bad thing....
What effect do hurricanes generally have on the fishing?
Do they make the water too cloudy or full of runoff debris for the fish to see the bait?
Or maybe just enough to make the tuna and dorado really hungry?
Hope to get one day of fishing in before the Norbert hits the fan.

Cajones - 10-7-2008 at 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rogbag
Will get to Buena Vista Wednesday PM the 8th for a week stay - looks like it might be interesting, or at least wet. Have lived thru a tornado, several earthquakes, one marriage and the aftermath of Hurrican Camille, so it appears that I might get a new experience. Not necessarily a bad thing....

Rogbag, if you haven't done so already, I suggest you go to the National Weather Service National Hurricane Center here:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

Norbert is turning into a big hurricane. It is now expected to hit Comondú dead on as a Cat 3, possibly a Cat 4. It is over warm water. Everybody down there who is not in a concrete block building on high ground is in danger. I strongly suggest you don't go down there right now.

Category Three must faster than predicted!!

Hook - 10-8-2008 at 01:47 AM

It is now OFFICIALLY a Major hurricane! 2am update from the NHC already out! Category Four now considered possible!

http://www.eebmike.com/

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by Hook]

CaboRon - 10-8-2008 at 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I was hoping that this hurricane would weaken and move NW but this afternoon it looks like it will come in around TS as a hurricane. Hope the model changes!

Russ,
The pic you are showing on your post does not show a TS landfall, but about five hundred miles north of TS ... You need to get a clearer pic of where TS is ....
It appears it will be hitting Comondu...

CaboRon

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by CaboRon]

Bob and Susan - 10-8-2008 at 05:32 AM

wed morning...

it's time to prepare for the weekend
norbert isn't going away

if you have a place in southern baja you should be making plans to come down for repairs next week

this one looks like it will not only have great amounts of water but wind too...:O:O

Untitled.jpg - 41kB

Bajagypsy - 10-8-2008 at 05:54 AM

Our thoughts are with everyone down in baja, where this hurrican is going to land. Be safe, and hopefully there is not to much damage.

Hook - 10-8-2008 at 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:

Russ,
The pic you are showing on your post does not show a TS landfall, but about five hundred miles north of TS ... You need to get a clearer pic of where TS is ....
It appears it will be hitting Comondu...

CaboRon

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by CaboRon]

More like 200 miles from the predicted path, at most, as the crow flies, Ron. And hurricanes DO move as the crow flies.

Right now, tropical storm force winds (up to 73 mph) extend out 115 miles from the center and it is expected to increase in strength over at least the next 24 hours.

Most models have it slicing through Mag Bay and then on to Loreto vicinity.

Russ - 10-8-2008 at 06:20 AM

I realized my mistake right after I posted it but was too lazy to make the correction. Figured if I said TS there would be no way it would come ashore there.

CaboRon - 10-8-2008 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
I realized my mistake right after I posted it but was too lazy to make the correction. Figured if I said TS there would be no way it would come ashore there.

Hope you are right ....

not again

mulege marv - 10-8-2008 at 06:34 AM

hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

mulegemichael - 10-8-2008 at 06:37 AM

Looks like we got here to mulege just in time for the fun; don't think we'll be putting any gravel down today...might even put off planting that herb garden for a week or so...housekeeper coming today; CANCELLED!....gardener pulling weeds; CANCELLED!...moving to high ground; with our tail between our legs...sheesh!

shari - 10-8-2008 at 06:45 AM

hurricaines can be unpredictable...EVERYONE from Cabo to El Rosario needs to be on guard in Baja...the models are terrific to keep us informed about the possibilities but these bad boys can veer in a few hours so we need to be ready for anything.
Maybe we wont rip the roof off Zoe's place this week!!!(maybe we wont have to!!! just kidding dear) but really...this is a nasty one and may go down in history.....again.
I fully agree, this may not be a good time to head down to baja sur for a holiday till this guy has passed.
Be safe...be prepared...and lets keep the onsight observations current. If any of you from further south wants to come up here for a few days, you are welcome to stay with us.

capt. mike - 10-8-2008 at 07:42 AM

well this looks bad for the BBP BAM trip and flying Sams clinic weekend at Lopez Mateos this sat.:?::!:

Cajones - 10-8-2008 at 07:56 AM

This is now supposed to be the worst hurricane since John. It will be pushing an 8 foot storm surge unto the Pacific side when it hits there.

...and there is another depression forming off the coast of El Salvador.

Katiejay99 - 10-8-2008 at 08:31 AM

One of the tracking models shows it stalling just west and a little north of Todos Santos - God help all of us. I live on a hill, fully exposed to the winds. Maybe I'll take the other persons offer and head north. Do you have room for 4 dogs a cat and a chicken? Just a joke - I'll ride it out and send photos and info as I can which will be up and until we lose electricity.

I'm off to the store to buy batteries and food now.... Good luck to everyone. Batten down the hatches!!

capt. mike - 10-8-2008 at 08:45 AM

it is official - baja bush pilots BAM trip just got scrubbed.
word is flying sams out of phx will soon as well.

i hope all my friends in mulege stay safe.

BBP says they will mobilize again for humanitarian relief flights if/as needed after it passes.

Udo - 10-8-2008 at 09:08 AM

My prayers are with all my Nomad friends in Southern Baja, and especially to Cabo Ron, & Osprey who e-mailed me his thoughts.

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by udowinkler]

Johannes - 10-8-2008 at 09:21 AM

<http://www.bajainsider.com/weather/hurricanes/2008/hurricanetropicalstormnorbert.htm>
10/08/2008 9:09 AM MDT Hurricane Norbert continues to strengthen and is now a Major Hurricane some 460 miles south of Cabo San Lucas. Currently a very strong Category 3 Hurricane, just short of becoming a Category 4. Norbert is expected to strengthen to Category 4 in the next 12-24hrs. Forecasts call for Norbert to lose some of that intensity before making landfall south of Magdalena Bay late Friday or early Saturday
Please be prepared for this, it's better to laugh after it's over about too much preparation.

bajajudy - 10-8-2008 at 09:37 AM

Well, we have water(8), gas and two bags of ice(still in the freezer from Julio). I will go into town tomorrow for some groceries and we will decide in the morning about the storm boards for the office unless something happens this afternoon to make us move faster.
Just back from the beach and the surf is picking up. already breaking over the jetties. I talked to Tomas about the pangas and he said that they would probably start pulling them later today and that he expects big waves and strong winds from the storm.
Nothing happening here now except it is cool. only 80 on the porch. It is usually about 88 by now. However it was warmer this morning when I woke up. Has been 70 today it was 78. No wind, no clouds.
Everyone get ready, please.

Eli...good move! Soggy art is not a good thing. Who knows what the roads will be like after this. See you soon!

Making Lemonade ?

MrBillM - 10-8-2008 at 10:11 AM

Well, it will bring needed rain.

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by MrBillM]

CaboRon - 10-8-2008 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Try

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/images/wv-e_enhanced/2008100...

Gives a good view of the size of this storm

I tried Van, however the pic looks like nothing ....

vandenberg - 10-8-2008 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CaboRon
Quote:
Try

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/images/wv-e_enhanced/2008100...

Gives a good view of the size of this storm

I tried Van, however the pic looks like nothing ....

Sorry,
Somehow I managed to screw it up. Deleted the post. Hope not too many tried it. Sure can tell, I'm no Grover.:no::no::biggrin:

redmesa - 10-8-2008 at 10:50 AM

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops/wxloop.cgi?wv_e...
Try that one. Norbert is impressive!

bajajudy - 10-8-2008 at 11:08 AM

If your spanish is any good. This is excellent information:

Day by day at the bottom of the page

http://www.cfe.gob.mx/es/LaEmpresa/meteorologico/huracanes/p...

shari - 10-8-2008 at 11:14 AM

Yes we take dogs, cats, chickens, horses, pigs etc...so come on up...hopefully Norbert wont visit us but looks like we are all in for a bit of an adventure.

vandenberg - 10-8-2008 at 11:50 AM

One thing we all have to worry about in central BCS is, if the storm hits at the projected part of the coast, the San Carlos power station will be directly affected, and if it's put out of commission or if many of the supply lines get knocked down, we maybe without power for a while.
Haven't run my generator for ages and, of course, now the SOB won't start. Off to the mechanic we go.:biggrin:

dtbushpilot - 10-8-2008 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
it is official - baja bush pilots BAM trip just got scrubbed.
word is flying sams out of phx will soon as well.

i hope all my friends in mulege stay safe.

BBP says they will mobilize again for humanitarian relief flights if/as needed after it passes.

I will be flying down to Punta Pescadero as soon as weather permits. After dropping off my lovely wife, dog and 2 cats I will be available to join the humanitarian relief if needed. I'll keep tabs on the BBP web site.

Care to join me Mike?....dt

Cypress - 10-8-2008 at 01:50 PM

If you get nailed by a catagory 3+ hurricane, electricity will be the least of your problems.:no:

Cajones - 10-8-2008 at 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
If you get nailed by a catagory 3+ hurricane, electricity will be the least of your problems.:no:

Norbert is now a Cat 4 hurricane.

bajajudy - 10-8-2008 at 03:12 PM

I am trying not to get too nervous about this storm but, having very little faith in the exact landfall predictions of storms, I am starting my hurricane preparations as if we will get a lot of wind and rain.
It sure was music to my ears to hear the generator start up on the first pull.
Be careful out there.

A big sucking sound

Sharksbaja - 10-8-2008 at 03:23 PM

Look at the wind direction and influence from NoBert.

Russ - 10-8-2008 at 03:50 PM

Appears as of 2pm the predicted path has moved a bit south when it crosses Baja. Here a sat pic taken around 4pm. Really has an eye. wish it was bye!

Norbert 4pm-10:8.jpg - 48kB

shari - 10-8-2008 at 04:57 PM

Yup...that bad boy is sucking all the wind from around here...gorgeous light breeae only day with very calm seas....uh oh. Jeepers...if we had a 8-9'swell from that last cheezy little storm....I can only imagine how big the swell will be starting saturday...coupled with the full moon high tides this could get ugly for sure. What a way to end the hurricaine season eh!
Dont forget to fill all your gas tanks and jerry jugs as gas WILL run out fast as people prepare for this.

Cypress - 10-8-2008 at 05:05 PM

It's looking like some bad stuff is heading towards Baja.:(

Katiejay99 - 10-8-2008 at 05:11 PM

high altitude white clouds can be seen coming in from the south and west in Todos Santos. Very humid today. Little wind.

I just set up my website www.mystickathy.com as a sort of journal and photo album for the hurricane.

flyfishinPam - 10-8-2008 at 05:26 PM

Loreto, BCS- WOW this one scares me. Its starting to warm up here after having cooled down since sunday. Tomorrow and Friday we're gonna batten down the hatches and move some inventory. YIKES will still be a cat ONE after crossing the peninsula. Flooding here is likely winds may also damage some stuff, will take down the shop sign on Friday and tape up the winders too.

Wonder if the new lighthouse will make it through this? :lol:

Osprey - 10-8-2008 at 05:30 PM

Cypress, wow! and wow! thanks for the warning pal.

Paulina - 10-8-2008 at 05:36 PM

I always feel for those who live in places where there isn't an internet warning about these pending nasty storms. I remember camping on a beach in Todos Santos one summer in the late 70s, just before a Chubasco hit. A local rancher came out to our camp to tell us to watch the hermit crabs. He said that if they head for higher ground, so should we. We all thought he was a bit touched until the middle of the night when the storm hit.

Hold on tight down there. I'm not too worried about those of you hooked up to the Nomad board/ internet, as you know what's coming and can prepare. It's the others that I fear for.

Be safe.

P<*)))>{

[Edited on 9-10-2008 by Paulina]

bajajudy - 10-8-2008 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Katiejay99
high altitude white clouds can be seen coming in from the south and west in Todos Santos. Very humid today. Little wind.

I just set up my website www.mystickathy.com as a sort of journal and photo album for the hurricane.

Katie
Good job
Lets all hope that you and I and all the nomads here in BCS will have internet access through out Norberto.

Nothing here so far. The swell has come around more to the SE but was actually smaller than this morning.
Pangas are still in the water here.

4baja - 10-8-2008 at 05:40 PM

shari, who said this is the end of hurricane season?? what about november?

Bob and Susan - 10-8-2008 at 05:49 PM

nope...
this is the LAST rain day for the year

i hate rain:spingrin:

Cypress - 10-8-2008 at 06:00 PM

Norbert? Whoever came up with that lame name ought to be sprayed with skunk scent. Never heard that name before?:?:

The Eye

Frigatebird - 10-8-2008 at 06:04 PM

Who'll be the first to blink?

Norbert 5.jpg - 49kB

bajajudy - 10-8-2008 at 06:20 PM

4baja
I am not Shari, but season ends Nov 30..officially.

Frigatebird...way cool

Cypress. Norberto aqui.

[Edited on 10-9-2008 by bajajudy]

Frigatebird - 10-8-2008 at 06:58 PM

Close to sunset Wednesday.

Norbert 1d.jpg - 49kB

DianaT - 10-8-2008 at 07:16 PM

Stay safe everyone---one big nasty looking storm. We are headed out to get down there before it hits even though we don't think it will impact our area very much.

We have a private guest room that is available to anyone in need. One double bed, one single, private bath, and small refrig. Also floor and camping area available. All animals welcome if they can deal with our little Maggie Mae---harmless, but sounds like kujo.

Hope you are all prepared, and don't take any risks with your safety.

Diane

vandenberg - 10-8-2008 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frigatebird

BMG.:?::?::biggrin:

BMG - 10-8-2008 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Norbert? Whoever came up with that lame name ought to be sprayed with skunk scent. Never heard that name before?:?:

The Six Year List of Names for Eastern Pacific Storms

Alma Boris Cristina Douglas Elida Fausto Genevieve Hernan Iselle Julio Karina Lowell Marie Norbert Odile Polo Rachel Simon Trudy Vance Winnie Xavier Yolanda Zeke

Andres Blanca Carlos Dolores Enrique Felicia Guillermo Hilda Ignacio Jimena Kevin Linda Marty Nora Olaf Patricia Rick Sandra Terry Vivian Waldo Xina York Zelda

Agatha Blas Celia Darby Estelle Frank Georgette Howard Isis Javier Kay Lester Madeline Newton Orlene Paine Roslyn Seymour Tina Virgil Winifred Xavier Yolanda Zeke

Adrian Beatriz Calvin Dora Eugene Fernanda Greg Hilary Irwin Jova Kenneth Lidia Max Norma Otis Pilar Ramon Selma Todd Veronica Wiley Xina York Zelda

Aletta Bud Carlotta Daniel Emilia Fabio Gilma Hector Ileana John Kristy Lane Miriam Norman Olivia Paul Rosa Sergio Tara Vicente Willa Xavier Yolanda Zeke

BMG - 10-8-2008 at 07:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Frigatebird

BMG.:?::?::biggrin:

My fifteen minutes of fame?

shari - 10-8-2008 at 08:01 PM

ooops...I thought it ended the end of October...somebody once told me that cruisers(on boats) cant get insurance before November 1st till hurricaine season ends in BCS.
So I have been out letting campers (with no internet) know about Norbert so they can make some decisions on their holiday plans...like not go south for the next few days...to either sit tight or get a bit north so as not to be stuck somewhere...to stock up on gas etc....to go fishing tomorrow as it's gonna be an awesome day. Jim caught fish all afternoon from his kayak and was a happy man and will fish with Juan again tomorrow.

Hook - 10-8-2008 at 09:38 PM

I thought Nov 1 was the official end, too. No?

mulegemichael - 10-9-2008 at 12:32 AM

Huge lightening strikes started about an hour ago and we lost power for awhile...i mean HUGE lightening strikes!...had a bit of a downpour also but now has settled down again...can't imagine the power will be on much longer...still...it's very calm out; literally no wind at all....guess we won't be going fishing this morning.

Bob and Susan - 10-9-2008 at 04:38 AM

"the calm BEFORE the storm"

Bob and Susan - 10-9-2008 at 04:45 AM

thursday morning...
still looks the same:o:o

Untitled.jpg - 42kB

Russ - 10-9-2008 at 04:47 AM

We only had the light & thunder show. Usually I'd say it came in from the East like it did just before the last storm but I watched a satilite loop and it was. or appeared to be from the front edge of Norbert. http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/sat-bin/display10.cgi
some time these addresses don't work when copied. I that case I'm sorry you'll just have to believe me:o
Edit: Didn't work for me neither.

[Edited on 10-9-2008 by Russ]
Here's a stop motion you can just make out the clouds

[Edited on 10-9-2008 by Russ]

Norbert 1AM 10:9.jpg - 47kB

Pages:  1    3  4