BajaNomad

Ensenada camping

bajasol - 11-17-2008 at 01:21 PM

Are there any good sites to pitch a tent in or around Ensenada? I heard of one heading towards La Bufadora and a few North towards Rosarito...and suggestions? What are the normal fees?

bs.emaillogo.jpg - 35kB

from baja brit's message board

sylens - 11-17-2008 at 02:29 PM

"Hi My name is Fernando I just joined the forum. I run an outfitting business in Ensenada (Baja Outfitters and Adventures). The main concept is that you can rent your camping, gear from us rather than bringing stuff from USA. We also provide guided tours and food service. Please visit our page at www.baja-outfitters.com . I would be happy to assist you if you have questions about the area as well as tips for secure and great camp sites. My interest is to promote hiking, camping and outdoor sports in Baja California."

hope this helps

fernando - 11-17-2008 at 07:01 PM

Thanks Lili

There are quite a few places in the Ensenada area and depends on what you are looking for (mountain, desert, ocean, surfing, snorkeling, diving or just relaxing) The prices vary but are aproximately between 5 to 10 bucks per night and they are pretty much secure places. I have never had a problem nor I know of any one that has.

Fernando
www.baja-outfitters.com

BAJACAT - 11-18-2008 at 07:39 PM

SAN CARLOS HOT SPRINGS, via BAJA country golf course just follow the signs

wilderone - 11-20-2008 at 09:34 AM

I don't know the name of it, but if you take the road to the Estero Beach Hotel, instead of turning on the road that goes directly to Estero Beach, but go straight - to the beach - there is a campground there. (El Faro?? something like that) It's a couple blocks beyond and then north of the Hacienda Don Juan motel - also a bit past the road that turns off to Estero Beach. I've stayed at the Hacienda Don Juan - very reasonable, patio, small store, large showers, off street parking - but a few "hourly" patrons during the night I think (!!). Wasn't a problem, but ...