BajaNomad

agua verde---not to bad

fishinrich - 5-24-2004 at 07:01 AM

The road into agua verde is not in to bad a shape. It took me just about three hours to make the drive from mex-1 to bahia agua verde. I was driving my tough baja pick-up and towing the expedition trailer with boat on top. The first half is graded and in good shape but when you hit the mountains it gets tight in some spots. The widowmaker hairpin turn is in the best of shape with lots of concrete to hold you up. The worst is when you get out of the mountains and down on the flats where all the bridges and crossings were washed away. It's just slow going and of course the scenery is great so you get to see every thing as you crawl along. Fishin rich

bajaloco - 5-24-2004 at 08:56 PM

fishinrich...Thanks for the report...We will be making our first run to Agua Verde in July and looking forward to it. We are going to take some kayaks and do a little fishing. Did you fish there? Have you ever hired a panga out of there? Any info would be great...thanks...GM

Agua Verde

jrbaja - 5-24-2004 at 09:25 PM

Yep, there's fish !

Bajaboy - 5-25-2004 at 01:07 AM

Now why did you have to go and do that to me?

Zac

loco reply

fishinrich - 5-25-2004 at 06:48 AM

I do not know if there are pangas for rent in the area. I am going to say very few if any only because I have never seen any of the local pangas with rod holders or seats or other fishing type ammenities. Go to the fishing forum for a report on fishing. fishin rich

Panga rentals

jrbaja - 5-25-2004 at 07:01 AM

Depending on where you stay, you can talk to the people in the "restaurant" at the bottom of the hill in San Cosme, they will set you up or if you go all the way over to Agua Verde, someone there will take you out.
Rod holders and seats can be found at the tourist spots in Loreto or Los Cabos.
Fishing here is fishing like the locals. And they are not set up for your comfort but to go and catch fish.
Take a seat cushion, an umbrella, and a cooler of cervesa to share and you will have a blast.

bajaloco - 5-25-2004 at 08:41 AM

Thanks for the info jr & fishinrich...I had read somewhere that you could hire a pangero to fish with. All I need is a boat and bait and I'm a happy camper....creature comforts are not needed....GM