BajaNomad

Baja 4 memorial day

tunaeater - 5-24-2004 at 05:53 PM

Who's gonna be where in baja over memorial weekend? I'll probably be down at my dads house south of San Felipe( k43) on the road to puertecitos. Anybody gonna be close ? Paul

tim40 - 5-24-2004 at 06:21 PM

We know we will be in Baja....but still way up in the air as to where.....possibly Loreto or maybe even as far as La Paz....GB was the desire...but we are just not in the mood for camping. Who know a return trip to Pyramid may be in order...

The warden gave me time-off for good behavior...

El Camote - 5-24-2004 at 10:11 PM

..so I'll be in San Felipe for the weekend. Besides, I have 400 pesos left over from the last trip and I've got to get down there before it goes rancid. As it is, it's probably only good enough to spend on cerveza.:yes:

I could be persuaded to get together for a brew, Paul. Desert Rat said you were fun to hang with.:saint:

David K - 5-25-2004 at 12:03 AM

Paul is a really nice hombre... After we watched your grand cinema creation (The Matomi Movie 2001 and Lost Mission Hunt Preview) on Bob H's VCR/TV, plugged into Mexray's inverter, at Nuevo Mazatlan last February... I followed Tunaeater back to his dad's, lighting the way as his motorcycle was lightless. Here's Paul that evening... http://vivabaja.com/204/page4.html

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

capt. mike - 5-25-2004 at 04:45 AM

la........haaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

fri a.m. i am out a here........

look out you dodos.

Baja 4 Memorial Day

BajaRob - 5-25-2004 at 06:16 AM

We live @ Santa Maria ( KM 31 ) Is your campo near Adrianna and Jose Castro? The weather is still pleasant and we will stay for the Baja 500 b4 heading up to the other BC.

Keri - 5-25-2004 at 06:41 AM

Hey Tim. I'll leave the light on for you,k:yes:

4baja - 5-25-2004 at 06:54 AM

hey paul, the fishing is hot in BOLA right now(check out my report in the fishing sction)if you have time get down there and hook up. just had a great trip and will be back on the 4th of july:coolup:

Over the Weekend

TMW - 5-25-2004 at 07:07 AM

I'll be between Colonet and Mikes Sky Rancho pre-running and checking pit locations, especially in the Santo Domingo area. I'll be in my white Toyota 4x4 with my Honda XR250 in back. Honk if you see me. Help me if I'm broke down (not likely, I hope).

Tom

GeoRock - 5-25-2004 at 07:41 AM

Hope all you Baja bums have a great weekend down there. I'm off to Death Valley for some serious 4wheeling and exploring. I'll have the heat but not the water.

Remember the Veterans, both alive and gone.

Geo

jrbaja - 5-25-2004 at 09:23 AM

Death Valley used to be my stomping ground with a 69 Bronco and 73 Landcruiser.
There is a road between Furnace Creek and Zabriskie Point that heads north. You can barely see it from the highway but it goes up a canyon to an old mining town. Can't remember the name unfortunately.
There is a usable cabin there with woodburning stove, cots and a logbook. I am in it a couple times as well as numerous other adventurers as well. I was wondering if you would check to see if it's still there.
Now, the route there is a little tricky. There are two waterfalls that need to be climbed up in 4wd, serious business but can be done, and soft sand in the beautiful arroyo heading up there. I'm not sure if your vehicle is up to it but it is well worth the trip.
There are a number of trips like that including Saline Valley from a number of routes. Hot Springs are good! Let me know if you are interested in some of em.
Have fun.

tunaeater - 5-25-2004 at 09:03 PM

I'll be driving down Saturday after work leaving El Centro about 1:30 pm..I'd like to hook up on the way down to K43 for a quick brew. Camote I liked the video you made. It was real good. Anyway where are you going to be ?
Baja rob K43 is playa san antonio just after campo Jiminez and cadena...
Pacifico time!!!!!! Paul

Los Viajeros aid station.

El Camote - 5-26-2004 at 10:03 AM

Paul, check your u2u for directions. :bounce:

[Edited on 5-26-2004 by El Camote]

Brandi - 5-26-2004 at 10:12 AM

Gonzaga Bay! For the fiesta. Am flying out 7 am tomorrow (first time on a plane since the cracked engine & with the same pilot!!) The things we do to get to Baja!

BRANDI...

tim40 - 5-26-2004 at 10:41 AM

You sure know how to make a person Jealous! Tracey and I wanted to do GB for Friday til Tuesday...Just not up for the camping and as you know the hotel long filled. No leads on a house for rent??

braandi!! you are brave girl!!

capt. mike - 5-26-2004 at 05:10 PM

don't you know.....haven't you learned that little aeroplaneas are just flat out dangerous!!!

say, whose was that plane you had the engine out in??

what's happening ion GB? yearly thing??