BajaNomad

deer in baja

4baja - 5-26-2004 at 06:40 AM

saw a nice buck with a nice rack south of el rasario last week, havnt seen them in a while down there. last time i saw one was laying dead on a beach south of san jose. saw alot of wildlife this last trip down, drove alot at night and saw foxes, coyotes, deer, cattle, owls, lots of rodents, and tons of rabbits. the desierto is alive.:coolup:

Bajabus - 5-26-2004 at 07:32 AM

for the past 5 years we have been getting the occasional visit in our lagoon (dry most of the year) from a nice buck. He is usually preceded by a female and then comes out of the thicket shortly thereafter. All the locals seem to know him and leave him alone. It neat to watch them slowly amble across.

I like the style...

Mike Humfreville - 5-26-2004 at 06:58 PM

Send in the gals to check out the area! That'll work. You've been awfully quiet Bajabus. Hope all is well.

Bajabus - 5-26-2004 at 07:09 PM

Hey Mike, aside from a serious family illness which brings me to FL right now all is well and I am working hard to support and fund local fiscally conservative, socially progressive candidates in NC.

I am Italian by birth and it's hard to not have politics as the central core of my life.

Having lived almost 10 years straight in Baja it is hard being here in the USA so much but something needs to be done and I cannot stand by idly.

Hope all is well with you mi amigo.

pappy - 5-27-2004 at 11:04 AM

hey steve!
one of the biggest bucks i have seen anywhere was in out in the catavina/sna jose region-thick, healthy with a huge rack!