BajaNomad

kayaking

elgatoloco - 2-27-2003 at 11:16 PM

Fun

reefrocket - 2-28-2003 at 08:47 AM

EGL where is this taken. All the boats a waiting one thing ME.:D

Greek Islands

elgatoloco - 2-28-2003 at 09:10 PM

1995 Arbolitos. The pangas belong to the sea urchin diving co-op. We have had lots of fun paddling in this area, but have not been in awhile.

Let's go!

reefrocket - 2-28-2003 at 10:15 PM

don't I WISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No $$$$
Do me a favor EAT MORE BEANS (I grow them)
If not just have a icy Tecate and bite a fish for me. (I'll taste it):D!

SEATWILL - 3-23-2003 at 07:15 AM

Turn at this sign to get there :bounce:

SEATWILL - 3-24-2003 at 03:07 PM

If you follow the sign you can take the same pic elgatoloco took. This one taken Aug 2000 :D) the white boat is reefraiders boston whaler used for diving

reefrocket - 3-24-2003 at 08:54 PM

Thank for the post SEATWILL finally found it on the almanac! EGL had me running in space with his "Greek Isals" header.:D!

FirstFederal - 5-24-2003 at 08:56 PM

Although it's not Baja, we will get there! It may take a while...
But kayaking down the Sea of Cortez is one of the goals my kids are setting.

http://kfulton.tripod.com/ariv/boat.html

Puerto Arbolitos

Ski Baja - 8-28-2003 at 11:35 AM

While camping there in the early 70's, we were watching my brother snorkeling from the cliff when a seal came charging into the bay, being pursued by an Orca! We all were yelling at my brother to get the %#@ OUT OF OF THE WATER. The Orca went away empty handed.
Another time with my brother, same place, he get's bit in the neck by a scorpion. Guess who get's sick from sucking the poison out. Yuk
I love that spot and have spent much time cooking fresh lobsters, lenguado, etc. on that very bluff.
Another trip, 61 Volkswagon Van with slipping clutch unable to get back over hill out. Had a jeep push me as fast as he could to get a start up the hill. I remember seeing my back tire half hanging over the edge as I was racing to get up the hill. First time I ever experienced the "trembling knee".
Arbolitos is a great spot for scenery and it is weekendable.
Thanks for sharing your photos.

Yellowfin

hyme7of9 - 4-13-2004 at 04:01 PM

Speared a coupla yellowfin tuna about 2 miles off that beach during the last El Nino.Impressive boil feedin on a ball.I thought they were yellowtail until I went over the side and took a look.The next day there were bonito runnin insde at Da Buf and lots of othere action as well.Hyme