BajaNomad

Mermaid sighted in Asuncion!

shari - 1-18-2009 at 03:11 PM

There's a new kid in town....this wonderful wirey mermaid appeared on the clubhouse wall at Campo Sirena...compliments of our new resident artist/sculptor/painter/baker/musician dance queen Nancy.

Her paintings are gorgeous, but her junk art is spectacular and really fun...and oh man...her cinnamon buns are to die for too.

She and her most excellent gaffer/potter/fisherman husband are a most welcome pair in the village and can be seen toodling around on their bikes daily.

check out the chi chi's on this siren of the sea! they wiggle in the wind too.....

mermaidsm.jpg - 40kB

BajaGringo - 1-18-2009 at 03:14 PM

I love it!

shari - 1-18-2009 at 03:49 PM

Man, the things that woman can do with trash! She has us all combing our lots for old wire!

Sharksbaja - 1-18-2009 at 04:28 PM

Funky! Reminds me of the 60s.

Paulina - 1-18-2009 at 04:31 PM

That is most beautiful! Can you give us an idea as to how big she is? I love it! Another good reason to go cruise the garbage dump.

P<*)))>{

shari - 1-18-2009 at 04:34 PM

she's life size...about 4' tall and every bit a woman/fish. Her "springy" breasts protrude sporting shell nipples and they jiggle nicely...she even has a wedding ring on so the mermen dont hit on her.

BajaGringo - 1-18-2009 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
...she even has a wedding ring on so the mermen dont hit on her.

Like that will stop them...

:lol::lol::lol:

Edder - 1-18-2009 at 04:51 PM

Nancy does have damn good cinnamon buns!
That is an awesome mermaid.
Way to go Nancy!

Paulina - 1-18-2009 at 04:57 PM

Shari,

What material did she use for the upper portion of her tail, near her hips?

P<*)))>{

vgabndo - 1-18-2009 at 06:38 PM

It is made from my favorite art supply....RUST.

The last thing I did on my way out of town was get a pic of the new mermaid.

IMG_0498.JPG - 42kB

DianaT - 1-18-2009 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
It is made from my favorite art supply....RUST.

Even with the clean-up committee, rusted metal is easy to find around BA.

Looking forward to seeing the mermaid---she looks really great. She, however, does need a name.

Diane

Paulina - 1-18-2009 at 06:56 PM

A suggestion?

Trash + Mermaid = Basurena

Lauriboats - 1-18-2009 at 08:55 PM

Love it! Got to check her out first hand yesterday. Also love your junk art dogs Nancy, wish I had a picture to post, they are great.

Timo1 - 1-19-2009 at 05:07 AM

Shari I hope you post another picture of Miss Mermaid as she was all decked out yesterday bidding farewell to Tim and I.

Hope we haven't been to bad of an influence on all you fine folk. Glad Nancy has a sense of humor.

We will be pulling out in an hour. :(

Barb

jorgie - 1-19-2009 at 06:21 AM

Shari, now you have done it......I thought it was agreed that Asuncion as an art and retro community was to be kept a secret.
WOW, Nancy is good , now the world will know.........

2-tie-dye-4 - 1-19-2009 at 07:12 AM

Way cool, and I thought I lived in an artisan community. Hmm, fringe tassles?

shari - 1-19-2009 at 08:35 AM

Here she is...Basirena...decked out in her party duds for Timo and Barbareno's going away wake...er party...which was pretty darn subdued (perhaps because there was no more vodka in the whole town).

Here is Timo trying for the life of him to figure out a way NOT to leave in the morning...Otis (our shepherd Shami's heir) has no idea what is in store for him in the great white north.

here is a little momento of our last campfire (for awhile anyway) with the neighbours...forced smiles as we were all feeling pretty down.

We are all terribly sad and missing them already...they left a real void here but as Timo wisely stated...it's like the tide...comes and goes and surely the tide will wash up another visitor soon....vian con dios amigos...safe trip and hasta pronto.