BajaNomad

Good scuba diving in the south in February?

Baja-Brenda - 1-25-2009 at 07:29 PM

Hello. I know you Nomads know the ins and outs of Baja and was wondering if any of you have had good scuba diving experiences in the south in February? Of course I know the water will be colder and the visibility not as good as in the summer, but just wondered if anyone had an experience that would make it worthwhile to consider? Or the opposite, to say skip it and wait for a better season? I'm an advanced diver and have been blessed with some amazing diving on my travels. I'm thinking possibly Cabo Pulmo and La Paz areas, although any area in the south is a possibility as I will be traveling north for whale watching. Appreciate your input. Thank you!

bajatorres - 1-26-2009 at 06:55 AM

You might check with Mark at http://www.vistaseasport.com

losfrailes - 1-26-2009 at 07:24 AM

Brenda

Someone will shortly advise you that it is agin the law to scuba in Mexico.

They will not be able to resist!

mulegemichael - 1-26-2009 at 08:37 AM

Cabo Pulmo, when it's not blowing, is just fantastic!...contact Pepe's Dive Center and he will show you the rounds...just gotta have a few days of calm weather in a row to make it worthwhile.

ligui - 1-26-2009 at 09:15 AM

Loreto islands .... Marine Park ...

My home is in Ligui , south of loreto , diving is our main past time here. With the right people and the right dive spots , there are some really great things to see just a short ride to the islands.

We have found some walls dives off of isla del carmen where at it is clear year round . Spots where nurse sharks return to spend the day sleeping . I could go on and on about the diving in this area , very few divers and so much to see.

Ligui

elizabeth - 1-26-2009 at 09:56 AM

I will second the message that diving around Loreto is fabulous (I have over 100 dives there alone), but, from my point of view February is waaaaay too cold. If you don't mind 7mil, hood, gloves, booties, etc. give it a try. I think Dolphin Dive Center, and Rafael Murillo Pelayo (the divemaster) is the best in town.

Februaru Scuba

C-Urchin - 3-1-2009 at 12:27 AM

Imagine you are in southern California, same viz and conditions...And get in a dry suit!:?:

Sharksbaja - 3-1-2009 at 12:36 AM

Actually heard the water was warmer this season in many places. I think Shari said it was around 68F recently in B. Ascuncion. Her man is a diver so maybe ask her about Pacific diving.