BajaNomad

Camping in Mulege

Bob and Susan - 6-6-2004 at 11:35 AM

Take a look at this place for camping in Mulege.....

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~playaframbes/naranjos.htm

It's nice..:yes::yes:

Packoderm - 6-6-2004 at 01:18 PM

Is the camp set far enough away from the highway and the trucks with their jake brakes?

Bob and Susan - 6-6-2004 at 03:30 PM

Pak-

It's 2 miles off the main road.

No truck noise like santispac.

Oh yea...thats Susan on the Kayak.:tumble:

Mexray - 6-6-2004 at 10:45 PM

Nice job on the Naranjos Web Site...a great pic of Armando & Delia!

We sure miss getting back down there, It's the cleanest beach on the Bahia, and Armando & his 'crew' have the know-how to keep it that way!

'Our' palapa's getting lonely, waiting for our return...

Bob H - 6-9-2004 at 11:16 AM

Hey Mexray, I see your place in one of these shots. Maybe Audrey and I could meet up with you guys down there some day. This is how Armando looked when he realized why I was there to visit him. Great guy!
Bob H

Debra - 6-9-2004 at 11:29 AM

Thanks for the info. on the camp, looks just like what I'm searching for! Question? What is the water/shore like at the camp? Normally I don't worry about that, but, this time I will have my 5yrs. old G-Daughter with me and she is not a swimmer or experienced Baja Gal (YET!) (I plan to fix that this trip! :) )

Bob and Susan - 6-9-2004 at 05:41 PM

There was a two year old, Annie, there this time.

The water is warm and flat. There is a sand shoal infront and the water is only 12 feet deep for about 200 yards out.

Bonnie went for a "float" every day.
Norm waded.
Scott and his Mom Artie Kayaked.
Whitey swam.

Everyone-- Snorkel Snorkel Snorkel

No Problems

Bring some kind of Float, Kayak, Goggles, Sand Toys and relax.:spingrin::spingrin:

Great spot

bajalou - 6-10-2004 at 08:32 AM

Are Al and Audrie still there?
I bought a motorhome from them in 93 or 94 when they lived at areanas. Visited them there in 95 and found in 97 they had moved to Naranjos and visited them there. Nice couple - full time Baja lovers (with short summer vacations to Los Banos CA

:biggrin:

Debra - 6-10-2004 at 10:23 AM

Thanks, it sounds perfect for the "newbie" G-Baby I already have the snorkel gear packed, and she has 5 or 6wks. to learn, with her Baja proven, "fish" Uncle (10yr. old Brendan) to teach her, her mother won't know her when we get back! ;) :tumble:

Hey Ray, where is "your" palapa? I'll visit it for you! ;)

[Edited on 6-10-2004 by Debra]

Bajalou

Mexray - 6-10-2004 at 10:08 PM

I don't believe that Al and Audrie are still there at Naranjos. I haven't run into them recently, and don't find them on my old list. Being rentals, there's always some turn-over every time we get down there...still a great place to get away from the crowd!

Thanks

bajalou - 6-10-2004 at 10:14 PM

Thanks Mexray. They rented by the year when they were there but as we all know, time changes things and there are new things and places to see. Thanks

Bajalou

Mexray - 6-10-2004 at 10:32 PM

I just had a brain freeze...and remembered something about Al and Audrie, at least it may be them...

Was Audrie kinda a small gal, and liked to sail board? A few years back, she was there, but no Al, I believe he had passed away or they had split up.

Well here's where it gets kind of "Peyton Place"...another couple we know on the beach decided to also part ways - he also like to sail board - she didn't! He hooked-up with Audrie - she headed back to Utah...(hope you can keep score)...He moved into Audrie's palapa...then one day while they were in town, the palapa caught fire and burned to the ground! They moved away from Playa los Naranjos...they were in Palapa #13, bad luck I guess.

bajalou - 6-11-2004 at 08:44 AM

That's them all right. She did love that sail boarding. I occasionaly wonder about people I've known. Too bad about Al (or maybe not).
Thanks again Mexray, and that's really a great spot - beach - everything.

Bob and Susan - 6-11-2004 at 09:01 AM

Never light 100 candles when you live in a grass shack on the beach:lol::lol:

you might have a fire.....

Bob H - 7-2-2004 at 03:18 PM

Starting to miss the Mulege area again (we were last there in April for 10 glorious days) How's the weather? Anything new going on?