BajaNomad

Some notes from my trip

jrbaja - 6-6-2004 at 03:37 PM

The most devastating creature in Baja.

I am one who is against killing and consider even ants to be valuable and the most natural earth cleaners I can think of so I leave them alone.

I also don't eat shark in spite of their delicious meat and expect the same from them. I learned this from my brother who has more time in and on the water than anyone I know. I just hope they hold up their end of the bargain.

Back to the subject. I have been traveling the remote mountain regions of Baja for some time now and have encountered many critters including rattlesnakes, scorpions, unhappy bees, agua malas and bulls with a definite attitude but none of these have particularly bothered me.

I am now building a bamboo park area in the mountains and have come across the worst critters in Baja.

They are the most intelligent, persistant, annoying, and costly critter of all. I am at war constantly with these beasts and as I am writing this I am listening to their incessant marching to their next conquest.

Another of my interior lighting wires will be chewed through and I will have even less light to blow their little brains out.

And they know this. Otherwise they would be eating the cheese snacks, p-nut butter on celery sticks, caviar or any of the other mouse smorgasbord I put outside so they would leave me alone. They have a plan.

But, so do I. And, I am going to share it with you guys because it is working.

Come to find out, these horrid creatures can not resist tortillas. Just a little bit in a trap and you are sure to hear that wonderful "Snap". I have had a huge success in the war on mice the last couple nights although, I still hear their marching.

But, their numbers are diminishing and so is their hope. I will not give up this fight and they are learning I mean business.

Los Barriles may be running a little short of mouse traps but when this war is over, I will have some used ones for sale. cheap.

The spoils of war so to speak.
:lol:

El Jefe - 6-6-2004 at 04:58 PM

Flour or corn?????:

Both

jrbaja - 6-6-2004 at 05:08 PM

but made there by my neighbors.

bajalera - 6-7-2004 at 08:47 PM

JR, have you considered Mouse Burritos?

Lera

Lera

jrbaja - 6-7-2004 at 09:01 PM