BajaNomad

Question about TJ

Paulina - 4-6-2009 at 07:22 AM

How big is the area of Tijuana? Is there a city in California that it can be compared to in size?

Thanks,
P<*)))>{

Hope That This Helps

Gypsy Jan - 4-6-2009 at 07:44 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tijuana_(municipality)

DENNIS - 4-6-2009 at 07:45 AM

I think it's a Municipalidad such as Ensenada which covers much of the state.
Can't answer your question though. I'm just writing to say Hi.

tjBill - 4-6-2009 at 08:55 AM

Estimates vary for its population. Between 1.5 million to 3 million if you include Rosarito and Tecate. Its been growing at an estimated 5% per year.

Compare with San Diego City that has 1.3 million and San Diego County that has roughly 3 million.

Paulina - 4-6-2009 at 12:17 PM

Thank you everyone, and hello Dennis!

I am looking more for the area, or the size of TJ vs. the population.

For example, Los Angeles covers a large area, with many small towns such as Highland Park or Eagle Rock for example. They are both considered L.A. but not close to down town L.A. proper.

If one were in Eagle Rock during the Watt's riots, you most likely would not have been shot going to the corner market.

I want to be able to compare TJ to an area of the same size here in California. I want to be accurate as to the size of TJ itself, not the population.

I know it's a wierd question, and the reason I need this is too long of a story and not Baja related, sorta.

Thanks,
P<*)))>{

DENNIS - 4-6-2009 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
If one were in Eagle Rock during the Watt's riots, you most likely would not have been shot going to the corner market.

I was in Watts during the Watts Riots, the first ones, and I wasn't shot either. What I'm trying to say is the press exagerates the crime quotient there and it's really a peaceful place....just like TJ.
Other than that, they're are some who would say that Tijuana extends as far north as the Canadian border. Who can argue with that?

k-rico - 4-6-2009 at 01:09 PM

245.9 square miles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tijuana

Here's a tip for you. Go to Google and search for "area of tijuana"

[Edited on 4-6-2009 by k-rico]

DENNIS - 4-6-2009 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
245.9 square miles

I know you're right...research and all....but, it seems larger than 10 x 25 miles.

k-rico - 4-6-2009 at 01:34 PM

OK, how about 339.5 square miles? Sound better?

link

:tumble:

jeans - 4-7-2009 at 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina

Paulina - How odd that you should make that reference...I boarded my horse just up the canyon from THE Eagle Rock. We rode by it all the time. My only memory of the Watts riots is watching the fires at night from that house above Eagle Rock. I was 12 or 13.

westy - 4-8-2009 at 09:23 PM

Keep in mind these are city limits.

San Diego consists of 324.3 square miles.
New York 310
Chicago 227
San Jose 171
Las Vegas 83
Oakland 56
San Francisco.....46.7 square miles

Hope it helps.

[Edited on 4-9-2009 by westy]

[Edited on 4-9-2009 by westy]

DENNIS - 4-8-2009 at 09:33 PM

I'll bet there's more Mexicans in San Diego than there are in Tijuana.
VIVA SAN DIEGO

fishbuck - 4-8-2009 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I'll bet there's more Mexicans in San Diego than there are in Tijuana.
VIVA SAN DIEGO

Tia Diego OR San Dejuana!:lol:

Bajahowodd - 4-8-2009 at 11:19 PM

And, if there was no wall, it would be one continuous, homogneous city.