BajaNomad

la paz

greta-inbaja - 4-7-2009 at 06:49 AM

hello, My father in law is staying in La Paz. He is looking to golf some. Is there any golf in La Paz?? I looked on-line and came up pretty empty. Thanks,

La Paz golf

Pompano - 4-7-2009 at 06:53 AM

I just googled this one:

http://www.lapazinsider.com/la-paz-golfing.asp

greta-inbaja - 4-7-2009 at 07:15 AM

Thanks, the website says it opens in 2010. I think it was originally planned for 2007. I thought one opened out near that Paraiso del Mar. not sure though. I usally go diving in La Paz so I am clueless on golf in the area.

Pompano - 4-7-2009 at 07:27 AM

Sorry, Greta...hope you find a course for your father-in-law.

vandenberg - 4-7-2009 at 09:15 AM

Sorry Greta, still no golfcourses open/ready in la Paz.
Cabo or Loreto closest alternatives. For Cabo tell him to bring buckoo bucks.:biggrin:

BMG - 4-7-2009 at 09:44 AM

A friend of ours takes the Mogote shuttle across the bay and drives golf balls there. The launch is at the end of the malecon near El Patron. I don't have any other info as to cost. I suppose your father-in-law can stop by the office there and inquire.

greta-inbaja - 4-7-2009 at 10:36 AM

Is the mogote course public? He could stop by the office and maybe inquire about a "tour" if not. He's comming down to check the progress of our casa on the east cape. His driving from la paz to cabo san lucas makes me a bit nervous. I think he thinks it like driving from San Francisco to sacramento when we told him it was about a 2 hr drive. We drive it frequently but he has never been to the area before. Anyone have any suggestions on the courses in san jose aea? Too $$ for us but he may like it. Thanks for all your help.

Alan - 4-8-2009 at 06:44 AM

Paraiso del Mar (on the Mogote) says they will open in May of 2009 http://www.paradiseofthesea.com/en/news.html but I thought I read somewhere that they had already opened. I think there's a link here that you can contact them.

Greta...not too many REAL courses in Baja Sur outside of Cabo area...yet.

Pompano - 4-8-2009 at 07:19 AM

Good luck in finding that La Paz course..but if it's just golf fun and socializing your father-in-law is looking for, then there is a lot more available in Baja Sur.

Of course, there are developments where a golf course is planned..such as Santa Barbara Cove in the Bay of Conception. :rolleyes: Look for that to happen...well...manana.

In the meantime one adapts:
Punta Chivato has had golf since the 80's.

Mulege has a couple of 'challenging' fairways.

Then the 'real thing' at El Cajon, SD county.