BajaNomad

It couldn't be a better time to Learn to SCUBA dive

vseasport - 4-11-2009 at 01:24 PM

This last week of diving at our sites north of Buena Vista has been just unreal! With visibility of between 60 - 80 feet at Cerro Verde and Punta Pescadero, our new divers really have been spoilt whilst making their training dives. Water temperatures ranging from 70 - 72' Fahrenheit at depth far exceeded my expectations, for sure conditions in April weren't this good in my previous two years. With an extra hour of sunlight due to the clocks moving forward last weekend it really feels like spring is here and under the water this is plain to see with juvenile fish everywhere. Burrito and Graybar Grunts, Mexican Goatfish, Panamic Porkfish and Yellowtail Surgeonfish are all jostling for room on the reef, juvenile Parrotfish are everywhere! The coral and seafans at Punta Pescadero have never looked so vibrant and healthy, in every direction Barberfish, Moorish idols, King and Cortez Angelfish can be seen going about their business whilst on closer inspection colourful Nudibranchs have also been spotted. Numerous Diamond Stingrays have been found resting on the sandy patches, Garden Eels mesmorise with their hypnotic dance. Still we are seeing Humpbacks although sightings of these gigantic creatures have dwindled but, with a little luck, I feel there is still time to get a final glimpse before they head back on their long trek north to their feeding grounds in the Arctic.

ligui - 4-11-2009 at 01:26 PM

It's always a good time to Dive !!!! :tumble:

Bajagypsy - 4-12-2009 at 06:41 AM

This is what we have for diving at the moment!