BajaNomad

Turtle bust

Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19

ramuma53 - 7-16-2010 at 07:57 PM

Kat 54
Pani did not stole my property, he has no legal right to the property; property cannot be stolen because it is registered in several public registries, not just one and he has not claimed possession to the land, he is not there at all nor does he has somebody who work for him there, because the act of entering the property without the owner authorization is the crime not just saying he is the owner.
The criminal act would exist only if he tries to enter my property.
In the mean while, he is committing “intent to commit fraud” against unsuspecting Americans, but I do not think he will get away with it, now that this is public.

I told you that it is as difficult to steal land in Mexico as it is in USA but our government does not have the same care to avoid that people pass as false owners, but of course you need the American to think it is normal to go around normal procedures.

I do not think anyone have invested a penny, they are trying to get people who invest, but since I will not allow anyone inside my property to do any technical work, they cannot do anything, but they for sure can take you to see the place, passing as tourist or visiting the beach.

Yes if somebody already invested, his money is gone, but you always can ask for your money back before they leave the place or just go to the police and start a fraud criminal procedure just for the lack of F4 permit.

ramuma53 - 7-16-2010 at 08:17 PM

Just by looking at the photos, it is evident, that it is a scam, to start, at the bottom, it say that the project can change without previous notice and that is illegal, because that is the reason the F4 permit exist and need to be signed by the Governor, it is un modifiable and allow people, who can from that point buy, to not be subjected to changes; F4 id the definitive development’s shape.
Clearly it is a scam.
It say that they have already sold 2 lots, but that is a normal way to generate sales and latter they may say they have only a coupe left.

ramuma53 - 7-16-2010 at 08:27 PM

I just received an answer from Santa Rosalia Public registry and Cadastral office, no project has been authorized for that place, nor anyone has ever presented one for authorization; they will start to see it as a scam intent and warn people.
Anyone interested check with the city councilman

[Edited on 7-17-2010 by ramuma53]

[Edited on 7-17-2010 by ramuma53]

ramuma53 - 7-16-2010 at 08:44 PM

This email has just been sent.

NELLIE HUTCHISON
OWNER AND BROKER
Dorado Loreto

Mrs. Hutchinson, on Bajanomads the people just raised this to my attention http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=38204&pag... and since it is a scam, I ask you to suspend any offer on that property, please check www.munoz-industries.com/proof.htm to see the legal property papers byt if I do not see the add disapear as soon as possible I will be obligated to bring you to court as an accesory to commit fraud.

please contact me if you need more information because I have all kinds of proof of property coming out of Federal and Agrarian court.

Thank you for your attention and I will be checking on your webpage to see if the offer is dropped.

Rafael Muñoz Martinez

San Buenaventura Hotel Owner including the lot you show as on sale.

David K - 7-16-2010 at 08:46 PM

Diana, this is a lie: "But you are the self-proclaimed expert on ALL things Baja."

Provide the proof where I EVER said such a crazy thing. I will never live long enough to know all things Baja... and all things are far to vast for anyone to have such knowledge. I only offer travel assistance and historic data of the peninsula as an interested person, not an expert.

Until then stop the personal attacks, they are insulting.

I have tried SO MUCH to be nice to you... Obviously, random acts of kindness don't have much meaning to you?

Since I have never seen that turtle eating story before YOU posted it, I simply asked where you got such info, and why has there been not outcry here... period.

Our last time staying at Bahia de los Angeles was New Years weekend 2009, on our way to investigating the walls and sleeping circles that Choral Pepper (on an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition) in 1966 photographed and believed was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed.

We came within 20 mils of Bahia de los Angeles last July, after a wonderful visit and tour of Mision San Borja with the most gracious host, Jose, and some of his children. Jose and his family offer the finest of backcountry hospitality and great tour service to visit historic sites... Ever ride a mule on the El Camino Real? Jose can make it happen...

Of course, being a nice person just doesn't always work for you... as we have seen here in the past. :no:

Oh well, I will probably keep being nice to you and just let others judge you by your insults to me, Jose, and others you wish to make enemies with.
You do take great photographs! :biggrin:

wessongroup - 7-17-2010 at 12:09 AM

Have been reading on Land Reform in Mexico, and found this to be a very interesting presentation of an issue which is part of Mexico and this thread land:

Why Developing Countries Sabotage Economic Growth: Land Reform in Mexico

Land and how one gains possession of land was and/is a point which this thread has exposed with a great deal of feelings by many individuals

Would offer this for review and comments, writers credentials can be found at the bottom of the first page.

dated 5/14/2008

http://weblamp.princeton.edu/rppe/events/piepmay2009/papers/...

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-17-2010 at 05:26 AM

Rafael, super posts you have written thus far with respect to land issues in Mexico and Baja California in particular. Although I am not a land owner in Baja and probably will not be I thank you very much for enlightening us here on Baja Nomad. You are a great source of knowledge in the area of acquiring properties and many here could use your expertise. Keep the information flowing.

David

DianaT - 7-17-2010 at 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Diana, this is a lie: "But you are the self-proclaimed expert on ALL things Baja."

Provide the proof where I EVER said such a crazy thing. I will never live long enough to know all things Baja... and all things are far to vast for anyone to have such knowledge. I only offer travel assistance and historic data of the peninsula as an interested person, not an expert.

Until then stop the personal attacks, they are insulting.

I have tried SO MUCH to be nice to you... Obviously, random acts of kindness don't have much meaning to you?

Since I have never seen that turtle eating story before YOU posted it, I simply asked where you got such info, and why has there been not outcry here... period.

Our last time staying at Bahia de los Angeles was New Years weekend 2009, on our way to investigating the walls and sleeping circles that Choral Pepper (on an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition) in 1966 photographed and believed was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed.

We came within 20 mils of Bahia de los Angeles last July, after a wonderful visit and tour of Mision San Borja with the most gracious host, Jose, and some of his children. Jose and his family offer the finest of backcountry hospitality and great tour service to visit historic sites... Ever ride a mule on the El Camino Real? Jose can make it happen...

Of course, being a nice person just doesn't always work for you... as we have seen here in the past. :no:

Oh well, I will probably keep being nice to you and just let others judge you by your insults to me, Jose, and others you wish to make enemies with.
You do take great photographs! :biggrin:

You, of course, do not quote all what was said----once again, you are playing the whiny victim---I backed off from you completely, but once again you started this crap by suggesting that I was making up stories---something you have done several times.

READ IT---
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

You are aware, I am sure, that the Turtle Project at Bahia de Los Angeles is no longer and according to what we were told, when it ended all the turtles were eaten. :no::no:

No, when was it reported and being such a fantastic story, why no multi-page outrage here on Nomad?

Even if true, why not encourage Muñoz to start one?

Let's see---using words like "such a fantastic story" and :"Even if true"

are not asking, they are accusing someone of lying. My original response to you was simply asking you if you were aware that it was closed----but since you were not, you start with the attack---

And now, why don't you get off the San Borja story---you were NOT there and you do not know what happened---what I reported was not an insult to Jose, it was what happened----the kids were being pushed by the young ADULT son of Jose, the current woman tour guide and Jose's wife to ask for more and more money----an unfortunate happening that does not lead to comfortable feelings.

If your experience was different, so be it. But get off your continual attack to say that what we experienced was not what happened and that we are just trying to insult Jose. You have done this over and over about this and other things.

You are not a nice person---you only post comments that sound nice so that the next time you attack, you can say, oh, look at me, look at me, I am such a nice person. You are more like the coiled snake just playing nice and waiting for the next opportunity to strike with your venom surrounded by false honey. And it is not possible to insult you--

But this is off topic for the thread ---a thread where you have accused another person of lying when you know nothing about what happened; a similar pattern for you.

Mr. Munoz, I apologize to you for this interruption. I still do not know for sure what all has happened in your land case and will keep an open mind. We know people who very much like Mark and Olivia, but as I said before, just because some nomads like someone does not necessarily make them an honest and ethical person. Still watching this one.

[Edited on 7-17-2010 by DianaT]

Sharksbaja - 7-17-2010 at 11:49 AM

Quote:

............... the walls and sleeping circles that Choral Pepper (on an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition) in 1966 photographed and believed was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed.

Well well well. Very interesting.

Can you show us the map and info?

I guess you were wrong David,

THE PLACE IS SIGNIFICANT!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hawaiicruz - 7-17-2010 at 09:24 PM

Turtles?

mtgoat666 - 7-18-2010 at 09:12 AM

Quote:

dk: she is much classier than you. you should give up and admit defeat. every time you try to battle with her, you lose and make yourself look bad.

Bajatripper - 7-18-2010 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
And now, why don't you get off the San Borja story---you were NOT there and you do not know what happened---what I reported was not an insult to Jose, it was what happened----the kids were being pushed by the young ADULT son of Jose, the current woman tour guide and Jose's wife to ask for more and more money----an unfortunate happening that does not lead to comfortable feelings.

If your experience was different, so be it.

Just wanted to put my two cents in on this section of the ongoing feud between you two (this is the feud thread, isn't it?).

I know David from our recent trip to Santa Maria Mission and find him to be a wealth of information on Baja. And while I haven't known him to be a "self-proclaimed expert" on peninsular matters, I would qualify him as an expert from my perspective--and I know a bit about Baja, too.
I don't think he puts on airs of being a "nice guy" so that he can strike at you once your guard is down. I found him to be a helpful, friendly person who likes to share his knowledge of a place he obviously cares about very much. But I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

Diana, I don't know you other than through your posts. From them, I think you and I could be friends.

That said, I have to admit that my experiences at San Borja Mission have been the same as yours, Diana. While I found the resident family helpful, my impression was that it was about money (or goods)-driven to the extreme. Yes, I know, many, if not most, such interactions between residents and tourists at a tourist destination likely fall under this category, and I accept that. But at San Borja, it was particularly aggressive, to the point of being unpleasant. The family head drives the kids to be "helpful" to visitors even when such help isn't needed or wanted. They are very pushy, producing type-written notes in English informing visitors of their needs, should you "wish" to contribute.

Yes, they will provide you with guidance, should you need it (although I didn't care much for the preaching that I had to endure on our way back from the cave paintings we visited).

I have met other people who shared David's perception of the place, so I know the residents at the mission come across differently to different people--as we all do. As a cultural anthropologist who has studied tourism, I'm well aware that many local people view the passing tourist as an economic resource that can only be exploited for a little while before they are off to some other place. That's fine, I have no problem with that, it is the reality that it is. But I prefer my interaction with locals to be a bit more subdued than I found those folks at San Borja Mission.

[Edited on 7-18-2010 by Bajatripper]

wessongroup - 7-18-2010 at 09:56 AM

see it as a search for truth, and your contributions are welcomed .... at least from me... as the truth shall set you free...

DianaT - 7-18-2010 at 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
see it as a search for truth, and your contributions are welcomed .... at least from me... as the truth shall set you free...

The search is always good, as long as the truth still has a small t. :biggrin:

Bajatripper,

You are very correct about the things about which DK is very knowledgeable---and it is good when he helps people with those things. In those things he is the nice guy----but won't go into the history of the other--not neccessary.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
I'm well aware that many local people view the passing tourist as an economic resource that can only be exploited for a little while before they are off to some other place. That's fine, I have no problem with that, it is the reality that it is. But I prefer my interaction with locals to be a bit more subdued than I found those folks at San Borja Mission.

San Borja,
We will continue to visit as we really like it and love showing it to other people. But our experiences have been similar to yours--- In other remote areas of Baja and the Mainland of Mexico and in Central and South America we have interacted with the locals under similar circumstances and we are always very generous as we do understand the need and desire of people to make a living, but the pressure at San Borja has been on the extreme extreme side, unless one is talking about parts of Peru---but that is a different story. :biggrin: And as you said, it is different for different people.

Have enjoyed your posts----we have a separate guest room in Bahia Asuncion-----

Back to turtles. On another thread, someone said they had real information about this situation---I hope they post it.

Skeet/Loreto - 7-18-2010 at 03:03 PM

FOR SALE!
I have several Rib, Spine, Spine Bones from Whales for Sale.
Also have several Lbs of Black Coral taken from 105 Fwwt off of Del Elfonso Island.

Anyone interested can have the Lot for $10,000 Cash.

Skeet
Horny Hot
Hard Hairy
Nothing Like Texas Wildlife

Bajatripper - 7-18-2010 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
FOR SALE!
Also have several Lbs of Black Coral taken from 105 Fwwt off of Del Elfonso Island.

Skeet
Horny Hot
Hard Hairy
Nothing Like Texas Wildlife

Skeet, if this is a joke (which I have to admit, I don't get), ja, ja.

If not, I would suggest you get this off ASAP, as collecting/trafficing in such stuff is very, very much against Mexican law. And I know you wouldn't want to violate any laws here, would you?

[Edited on 7-18-2010 by Bajatripper]

Skeet/Loreto - 7-18-2010 at 04:11 PM

Tripper:

The offer is for things transported to the States before the Endergendered Species things came about and I can prove it.
I am sure you remember the Date.
I did not violate any law as there were no such laws at the time,

This is an Honest offer

Black Coral 5 Lbs.

mtgoat666 - 7-18-2010 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Tripper:

The offer is for things transported to the States before the Endergendered Species things came about and I can prove it.
I am sure you remember the Date.
I did not violate any law as there were no such laws at the time,

This is an Honest offer

Black Coral 5 Lbs.

skeet,
it is illegal to buy/sell bones of protected species, regardless of date of collection. you need special permission and proof of collection before ESA date. your advertisement alone is a felony

SKEET

desertcpl - 7-18-2010 at 04:21 PM

hold up your right hand and repeat after me

Skeet/Loreto - 7-18-2010 at 04:46 PM

Oh! Goat?

Who do you think may have the Huevos to come to see me and ask me for my Bones. Not one of these Sierria Club Types. I wiil eat them alive.

I do not regonise any of the socalled Bull Puckey Crap brought on by the Sierra Club type members.Nor do I even consider any of the Bul Puckey of the Bunch who claim :The Sea of Cortez is Ruined.

Goat; Are you really a Chicken??

Bajatripper - 7-18-2010 at 04:52 PM

Quote:

Goat; Are you really a Chicken??

Is that like calling someone a coward? Two times?

wessongroup - 7-18-2010 at 04:57 PM

Thanks Skeeter... like the change of pace.. :lol::lol:

mtgoat666 - 7-18-2010 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Oh! Goat?

Who do you think may have the Huevos to come to see me and ask me for my Bones?

NOAA/national marine fisheries law enforcement agents. they pack heat. they have badges. they eat scrawny little old men like you for lunch.

my post was only to tell you to not be such a dolt. don't advertise to sell illegal artifacts in a public forum on the internet. capiche?

Bajatripper - 7-18-2010 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Oh! Goat?

Who do you think may have the Huevos to come to see me and ask me for my Bones?

NOAA/national marine fisheries law enforcement agents. they pack heat. they have badges. they eat scrawny little old men like you for lunch.

my post was only to tell you to not be such a dolt. don't advertise to sell illegal artifacts in a public forum on the internet. capiche?

And We're Off, Ladies and Gentlemen!:fire::fire::fire:

mtgoat666 - 7-18-2010 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
FOR SALE!

skeet,
prices like that make me think you are expecting to make gains like typical poachers. poachers are scum, and should be jailed.
there is another thread here where you can compare turtle stew recipes with olivia and DK. perhaps some of the turtle eaters will take you up on your offer :lol:

noproblemo2 - 7-18-2010 at 06:06 PM

Ahhh, see happy hour has begun :bounce::bounce:

desertcpl - 7-18-2010 at 07:53 PM

I will drink to that

:P:P:P

noproblemo2 - 7-18-2010 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
I will drink to that

:P:P:P

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bajatripper - 7-18-2010 at 08:35 PM

What happened to you, Skeeterman? Went off to look up the Endangered Species Act regs, just in case?

wessongroup - 7-18-2010 at 08:51 PM

If you want to know anything environmental... one must go to the Department of the Interior .... they are just "cracker jack" on knowing all the laws and regs.. while keeping a keen eye out for the proper development of oils well development in the Gulf of Mexico and other places .... we just haven't heard about yet... gee, can hardly wait...

ramuma53 - 7-19-2010 at 07:47 AM

In this case the goat is on the money 100%
Just try to cross the border with any of those artifacts and you will see how much your proof of being collected before the ban works.
Most poachers have documentation like that, but use it with a lot of bones and material, sell the stuff and collect more with the same papers and that is why they do not care much for those papers.
Also he is right about it being the same as the sea turtle stew sale.

ramuma53 - 7-19-2010 at 08:26 AM

On the lots for sale in Bahia Concepcion

Looks like nobody is there anymore, they just dropped the add and disappeared, not even an answer or more information asked for.

Santa Rosalia city officials say that, no permit for sale or development has been granted to anybody on that land and they know clearly it is covered by my title, so they would have noticed right away and not allow it in anyway, because it would be in conflict with the information they have on the Public Registry and Cadastral files.:!:

A sale with the city permit F4 mean, that they already had F1, F2, F3 done and granted and that is simply not true, because councilman must be informed and none of them know anything; we checked with Catastro and they say certainly no permit has been granted and they mean F1 or any at all.:?:

That mean that since they said that they have 2 lots already sold, they are violating the Estate penal code and committing Fraud, specifically “Fraude Equiparado” for dividing and selling lots without the due permit and the 2 buyers are welcomed to start the criminal procedures that will return their money and has a penalty of 6 to 12 years in jail to anyone involved and is considered a heavy penalty that allow no bail bond to be granted.:o

Looks like a fraud was defused thanks to this thread and some people say we lose our time writing and reading it.
:?:

[Edited on 7-19-2010 by ramuma53]

desertcpl - 7-19-2010 at 08:49 AM

very interesting

I am glad it was stopped

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-19-2010 at 10:08 AM

Great News Rafael. Thank you for being a part of Baja Nomad! Keeping us informed on land fraud, etc. which is very appreciated. You have every right to defend what is yours and no one in here or out there has a right to tell you what to do.

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by 24baja
blah blah blah blah blah.....thought I'd run up a post number, this is insane reading and it will never end, i am so glad i am not living this!

Ooops! Your post here reveals that you have read the whole insane string. And your "blah blah blah blah" is perhaps the best and most relevant contribution anyone has thus far made. Conclusion: Not only are you living it; This is your life! :spingrin:

And, since "it will never end", you are a Zombie just like the rest of us, condemned to an eternity of insane, Nomadic absorption.

LOL, funny post! I'm a relative newbie, and I confess, I have wasted -- I mean spent -- a lot of time, myself, reading this post. I read most of it in late June. Today, I got caught up. And I have questions (in addition to Kat's, which CRACKED ME UP also!):

Who the hell is Jesse, and/or where did his posts go??? I see all these posts (starting around page 74) ranting and raving against his posts, but wait: There ARE no posts by him!

Did Jesse delete them?
Did DOUG delete them?
Did Munoz pay Doug to delete them??
Has Jesse met with foul play?!?

To be continued ...

[Edited on 7-19-2010 by MsTerieus]

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
BajaHowodd
Why do you have such a low opinion on all bajanomads?; why do you think people here are not important? ... in fact only wealthy people can afford to live permanently in Baja ...

Wow, it sure must be cheap to live down there, if a so-called important business man calls any American who can afford to live down there "wealthy." If THEY are "wealthy" then the Americans who still live in the U.S. must be filthy rich.

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
Kat54 the new Jesse the cookie liar

Yikes, we're up to TWO Cookie Monsters, and I still have pages to go before I reach the end! What a CLIFF-HANGER! :wow:

Timo1 - 7-19-2010 at 03:43 PM

Who the hell is Greg ????

DENNIS - 7-19-2010 at 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Timo1
Who the hell is Greg ????

Somebody has to put together a program. I'm lost.

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Well, it doesn't get any clearer than that, apparently "some people" may take offense at the posts of a lonely cook somewhere in baja, so i have deleted most of them because i am not going to get into trouble over something that doesn't concern me.

I am permanently out of this discussion, good luck to all.

Aha! I have found the smoking gun! Kindly disregard prior question re Jesse's whereabouts.

toneart - 7-19-2010 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsTerieus
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by 24baja
blah blah blah blah blah.....thought I'd run up a post number, this is insane reading and it will never end, i am so glad i am not living this!

Ooops! Your post here reveals that you have read the whole insane string. And your "blah blah blah blah" is perhaps the best and most relevant contribution anyone has thus far made. Conclusion: Not only are you living it; This is your life! :spingrin:

And, since "it will never end", you are a Zombie just like the rest of us, condemned to an eternity of insane, Nomadic absorption.

LOL, funny post! I'm a relative newbie, and I confess, I have wasted -- I mean spent -- a lot of time, myself, reading this post. I read most of it in late June. Today, I got caught up. And I have questions (in addition to Kat's, which CRACKED ME UP also!):

Who the hell is Jesse, and/or where did his posts go??? I see all these posts (starting around page 74) ranting and raving against his posts, but wait: There ARE no posts by him!

Did Jesse delete them?
Did GREG delete them?
Did Munoz pay Greg to delete them??
Has Jesse met with foul play?!?

To be continued ...

I think Jesse deleted them. He is a restaurant owner in LaPaz. There was a not-so-veiled threat to him and he bailed.
I think you mean Doug instead of Greg.

Here is the Zombie again:

Zombie.jpg - 9kB

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2010 at 04:05 PM

Anyone but me ever wonder what the significance of the "handle" Ramuma53 is??

tripledigitken - 7-19-2010 at 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Anyone but me ever wonder what the significance of the "handle" Ramuma53 is??

I'll guess his year of birth.

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 04:16 PM

Oops, sorry. Yes, I meant "Doug" and not "Greg."

Signed,

BajaGringo - 7-19-2010 at 04:24 PM

Correct spelling is noobie...

;D

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2010 at 04:26 PM

Partial answer Ken. Take your turn in line. (seriously, I agree with you) Now, give everyone a try at the rest of it. :biggrin:

Seriously, if so many folks here have decided that the dude is Mano Negro, or Ricky Martin, or Cesar Rosas, or Piolin, Etc, Etc, what the F does the rest of it mean. I'm just speculating that if this guy is so tricked out, there must be some meaning behind it.

[Edited on 7-19-2010 by Bajahowodd]

BajaGringo - 7-19-2010 at 04:30 PM

Rafael Muñoz Martinez
DOB:1953

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2010 at 04:35 PM

Gotta have you over for a game of anagrams, Ron. Problem is that I think you'll win. Damn! :biggrin::biggrin:

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Correct spelling is noobie...

;D

Maybe on your site ... I have seen it spelled the way I spelled it many, many times. In fact, here's what Webster's online has to say. (Note the absence of yours as an alternate spelling.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newbie is a slang term for a newcomer to online gaming or an Internet activity. Many newbies are being bullied by more experienced players in that particular game (although not always). It can also be used for any other activity in whose context a somewhat clueless newcomer could exist. It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment. Not to be confused with "Noob" (see below).

Origin

Before it entered popular discourse by way of the Internet, the term "newbie" had a limited usage among U.S. troops in the Vietnam War as a slang term for a new man in a unit.[1]

Alternative spellings

"Newbie" can be used as a term to identify newcomers to a game, place, or organization. The variant spellings of "newbie" are also used, especially in online games and gaming forums, as a catch-all insult regardless of the recipient's actual skill or experience. Someone who acts like a "newbie," but isn't one would be referred to as one of the variant spellings. The variant "noob" has become common in spoken English by juveniles. Alternate spellings include "newb", "n00b", "noob", "nooblet", "nub", and the recently popular "nublet" and "nubcake". These alternate spellings of the term, other than "newb," inherit the definition of "newbie" but are generally used in a derogatory manner to indicate uselessness because of the ignorance associated with being a newcomer.

Timo1 - 7-19-2010 at 05:13 PM

This thread must have got extremely boring if this is whats it has degenerated into....a discussion of nOOb , noob etc.

BajaGringo - 7-19-2010 at 05:21 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup - 7-19-2010 at 06:36 PM

it can't be killed... has a life of it's own.. and has been stated before.. it could be a movie.. has all the elements..

any suggestions on characters for "parts".. now that should be fun..

and as stated above.. we never stay on topic... which I personally like, as I have ADD.. huh!!

güero - 7-19-2010 at 06:46 PM

I want a part in the movie. I'll gladly be the newest nube. I'll do it for free!

MsTerieus - 7-19-2010 at 06:58 PM

I want to be Sr. Munoz. After all, I AM an ... oh never mind. ;)

wessongroup - 7-19-2010 at 07:01 PM

Considering El Mariachi was shot for $7,000 .... with the camera's many have... one could shoot a HD motion picture here in Baja.. really very cheaply... and as we can already see... casting would be the least of the problems..

think keeping enough beer on ice on hand.. along with other refreshments.. would be the hardest thing... and the most expensive..

Anyone know someone at Tecate... Pacifico.. you know "sponsors".. could be fun... however I believe Mr. Munoz would and/or should be executive producer.. and I'm sure with his knowledge ... many things would lay down so to speak...

Now there is something for Baja.. a sustainable resource.. Movie Industry. think they have something already built call Fox something..

How about that.. indy films in Baja... plus know there are folks that know musicians or are one .. we do have a lot of "talent" just setting around.. would be a kick in the pants ....

noproblemo2 - 7-19-2010 at 07:02 PM

I'll watch it when it hits the tv :lol::lol:

wessongroup - 7-19-2010 at 07:28 PM

You have already been cast.... :lol::lol: don't worry about your lines... your going to be on the "pole"... :lol::lol:

noproblemo2 - 7-19-2010 at 08:16 PM

That's what you think !!!!:tumble::tumble:

ramuma53 - 7-19-2010 at 09:02 PM

The question is who are going to be the sea turtles ??????:?:

Or the dead and alive Eddy who want to live under a palm tree in Baja.

Who want to be Olivia ????????:lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by ramuma53]

gnukid - 7-19-2010 at 09:13 PM

Filming canceled due to budget!

This is all we we could afford on tape for the trailer.

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by gnukid]

Skipjack Joe - 7-19-2010 at 09:21 PM

This belongs with the thread "How to tell when someone's drowning".

Seriously.

This must be what it's like.

noproblemo2 - 7-19-2010 at 09:25 PM

Looked like a bad acid trip on the movies to me...:light:

wessongroup - 7-19-2010 at 09:37 PM

pretty cool, who put the camera on the turtle..? and the water is really clear.. really ... maybe a horror movie.. the "return of the Turtle"

wessongroup - 7-19-2010 at 10:03 PM

Quote:

Turtles, no problem.. all done in high end graphics .. Avatar

As for someone under a palm tree in Baja.. if we give him little lines and have Tecate as a sponsor... that takes care of that...

But, Olivia.. now that poses a real problem... should be Mexican.. beautiful, and really hot and ready for a really difficult part, with many facets to the personality... my self ... thinking along the lines of the Salma Hayek who play (Santanico Pandemonium) and dances to the music of Tito & Tarantula in the movie "Dusk to Dawn" a Quentin Tarantino film.. if you whish we could leave in the vampires.. as seems to be a lot of blood suckers in the Real Estate business, both here and in the United States... :lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-20-2010 by wessongroup]

noproblemo2 - 7-20-2010 at 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Quote:

Turtles, no problem.. all done in high end graphics .. Avatar

As for someone under a palm tree in Baja.. if we give him little lines and have Tecate as a sponsor... that takes care of that...

But, Olivia.. now that poses a really problem... should be Mexican.. beautiful, and really hot and ready for a really difficult part, with many facets to the personality... my self ... thinking along the lines of the Salma Hayek who play (Santanico Pandemonium) and dances to the music of Tito & Tarantula in the movie "Dusk to Dawn" a Quentin Tarantino film.. if you whish we could leave in the vampires.. as seems to be a lot of blood suckers in the Real Estate business, both here and in the United States... :lol::lol:

Perhaps G J could weigh in with a chefs suggestion to play Olivia??? Blood sucking vampires Realtors could suggest a few names..............you dancing now that I'd pay to see !!!!:lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup - 7-20-2010 at 08:09 AM

Good one.. that would be ... oh my gwad... what a sight.. :lol::lol::lol:

thanks I needed that.. :):)

David K - 7-20-2010 at 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Quote:

............... the walls and sleeping circles that Choral Pepper (on an Erle Stanley Gardner expedition) in 1966 photographed and believed was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed.

Yes, it can be seen... you saw it, but asked me if it was the site... I drove nearly 500 miles to confirm it was the same as I had showed with the 1966 photos on the Internet for many years at VivaBaja.com. It was Choral's wish that I re-find the site she saw in '66, it was most wonderful that you shared a Google Earth image that seemed to be a wall after my many years of searching (with others of Nomad, as well) had yet to find... I asked how you would like to be mentioned in the article I would be writing as the initial re-discoverer of the 1966 discovery. It really is a shame that you changed your positive involvement in this fun find. I went to the lead area archeologist to see if there was anything significant or warrented secrecy, via phone (thanks to connection help from Barry A)... There was no reason given to me to not share the site. I also sent the details Dr. Mathes, considered the lead authority on Baja missions... he had no comeback. Another published mission historian said there is no eveidence that the mission proposed site on the 1757 map ever was started, let alone occupied.

It was a site important only to Choral and fans of her book and magazine... Archeologists and other published historians see it differently... The site remains there for Pepper fans and history fans to enjoy and theorize the wall's purpose. It is significant as another mystery of the desert, of which there are many... No reason that all who wish to see it should be denied... http://vivabaja.com/109

Cypress - 7-21-2010 at 05:25 AM

David K. Keep your contributions coming. Yea that guy accused me of deleting my posts on another topic, said it was "chickens--t". I've never deleted any posts. Maybe his happy hours haven't been too happy?

rgbajabob - 7-21-2010 at 09:44 AM

Back to the turtle thread.....I know I promised more info. on the issues in Munoz land, I am trying to contact some of the American homeowners who had houses on that beach...some of them live in the San Diego area, I want to hear their stories if they will tell me. But they may not due to fear of the last folks there being evicted....they were, at one time about 6 of them and I believe they are down to two now.....In a nutshell about 90% of Munoz's "facts" are not true, and most documents are invalid. You don't see anything from Olivia and her husband as they have been advised not to try their case in public. All cases are still in court, and all the criminal cases were started by Munoz and his employee's...All of them...just ask around town and see who supports who..... Still reading all the previous posts by folks...if you take the time you will see many, many, false statements by Munoz. It's funny that he just blabs on and on and some folks take what he says as truth....All he cares about is $$$$, Again ask around town. You can count his supporters on one hand and have fingers left over......hope to have more soon.......R.G.

wessongroup - 7-21-2010 at 10:13 AM

and to think it had made it off page one... think some don't want it to die.. and are we back to square one again?

tell us just what case are we talking about? which can not be discussed.. or is that something that can't be discussed either? is there more than one case.. does it involve land, or turtles? or is it over movie rights?

After thought.. don't try in "public" but, you are suggesting to go down and "talk in public" about the case.. you don't see any conflict there.. curious.. or are you suggesting.. "statements" be obtained from everyone in town.. to verify events? or just "talk"

[Edited on 7-21-2010 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 7-21-2010 by wessongroup]

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-21-2010 at 10:23 AM

Rgbajabob,

Please collect your evidence and come back and present it. Rafael has presented his proof now it's your turn! It's easy to lambaste someone from behind a keyboard so please feel free to come out in the open so we can know who you are and provide your proof. Thank you!

David

Skipjack Joe - 7-21-2010 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R

It's easy to lambaste someone from behind a keyboard ....
David

Rafa ought to know! He's been doing it for months now.

Just goes to show you that the loudest are always believed the most.

wessongroup - 7-21-2010 at 12:47 PM

back to square one

noproblemo2 - 7-21-2010 at 01:25 PM

Well guess we could start a poll and see who is where on this.........

norte - 7-21-2010 at 01:38 PM

sounds like as many facts as on the topic of this post!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Quote:

Yes, it can be seen... you saw it, but asked me if it was the site... I drove nearly 500 miles to confirm it was the same as I had showed with the 1966 photos on the Internet for many years at VivaBaja.com. It was Choral's wish that I re-find the site she saw in '66, it was most wonderful that you shared a Google Earth image that seemed to be a wall after my many years of searching (with others of Nomad, as well) had yet to find... I asked how you would like to be mentioned in the article I would be writing as the initial re-discoverer of the 1966 discovery. It really is a shame that you changed your positive involvement in this fun find. I went to the lead area archeologist to see if there was anything significant or warrented secrecy, via phone (thanks to connection help from Barry A)... There was no reason given to me to not share the site. I also sent the details Dr. Mathes, considered the lead authority on Baja missions... he had no comeback. Another published mission historian said there is no eveidence that the mission proposed site on the 1757 map ever was started, let alone occupied.

It was a site important only to Choral and fans of her book and magazine... Archeologists and other published historians see it differently... The site remains there for Pepper fans and history fans to enjoy and theorize the wall's purpose. It is significant as another mystery of the desert, of which there are many... No reason that all who wish to see it should be denied... http://vivabaja.com/109
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-21-2010 at 01:57 PM

I'm staying put in what I believe until additional credible evidence is provided to the contrary. Thank you for your patience with me. David

Skipjack Joe - 7-21-2010 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rgbajabob
I want to hear their stories if they will tell me. But they may not due to fear of the last folks there being evicted....they were, at one time about 6 of them and I believe they are down to two now.....In a nutshell about 90% of Munoz's "facts" are not true, and most documents are invalid.

If Munoz's "facts" are not true then why are these people being evicted? I agree that his documents seem to support his claim ownership of the land.

However, the manner in which Mr Munoz has been trashing Mark and Olivia on this thread with unsupported accusations is really reprehensible. He claims to be a civilized and learned individual but has shown neither with his remarks. It has been very disappointing to see this allowed to occur on this board for so long. The 2 neighbors should have settled the issues amongst themselves and then posted the outcome. We don't want to read about their sordid affairs. The supposed "trial" here on this thread, with it's gathering of evidence, is pathetic. This so called objective 'investigation' is nothing more than titillation over other people's misfortunes. About as satisfying as examining a road kill.

Pompano - 7-21-2010 at 07:15 PM

Igor..maybe if we all hit the 'Report' button at the same time...?

desertcpl - 7-21-2010 at 07:31 PM

[Edited on 7-22-2010 by desertcpl]

reset.bmp - 28kB

desertcpl - 7-21-2010 at 08:08 PM

I just got a U2U on my reset button,

no I dont want to go back and start this thing again ,, I was just really replying to what Pampano was saying about the report button

ramuma53 - 7-21-2010 at 10:40 PM

SkipJackjoe
I see that you start to accept facts, but keep raising doubts that do not exist.

You say unsupported accusations, but the sea turtle accusation on Olivia is not unsupported, she was caught by 4 different Federal government agencies together with the big pot on her hands.

On the other accusations she has under investigation, she accepted having committed the crimes on her first statements then changed, that is why she is also being prosecuted for lying to the authority.

On the drug unloading, 2 intelligence officials together witnessed one of those unloading and reported the fact.

On the injuries with intent to kill to Jimmy, just see the scars on his scalp to see how unsupported are the accusations.

Also, remember that a few days ago, an intent to avoid Eddy showing before Federal Authorities, including faking his dead, a rumor started by Olivia; well, he just finished with 3 days of heavy interrogatories before several Federal Authorities, everything on Olivia and her drug partners; he ended almost a ghost but finished giving the statements, now he is going under federal protection so we may never hear from him again.

Do all of this sound like unsupported accusations to a nice lady?????:?:

The end is near and everybody knows it except Olivia and Narc.

Just keep reading this a little more and we will have the movie finishing with the bad guys going down as always, I just hope only the bad guys.

ramuma53 - 7-21-2010 at 10:51 PM

A lot of people are looking at this as a bad horror movie and even suggesting we make a movie out of it, just remember that reality is always more fantastic than fiction and that the worst of the horror movies are based on real facts.

Sorry bit this is reality happening right now, we may latter do a movie, but for this moment it is reality and as today, a new accusation is starting on Narc for poisoning the Hotel water supply yesterday; the good part is that we caught the intent, he put a dead raccoon in a closed water tank but we had witnesses.

Looks like a shallow act, but he put in jeopardy the life of a French couple guests at the hotel, but we have our safety checks and we caught it before it had grave consequences this time.

Sharksbaja - 7-22-2010 at 02:02 PM

Ahhh Cypress. Not much to say to a bigot, sorry. Deleting such posts is your biz. You're just sore that some saw your bias remarks, oh and that Obama is YOUR president now!:lol::lol: Oh btw, I don't drink booze, sorry again.:lol::lol:

" was a lost mission project, depicted on a Jesuit 1757 map, but never completed"

David, until you quit expressing the find as an historic Jesuit site as you say is noted on an old map, I'll stop bothering you for the source of your comment. :smug:

Mr Munoz. As a lawyer yer already considered a shark and your case in cyberland here was lost when that was divulged. That means nobody , well almost nobody will give you the benefit of being honest. Do you trust sharks?

Public opinion I am afraid, will not be on your side in any argument here. Just a sad fact of life. Had you not been a lawyer you would probably have more believers, hence, favorable public opinion. It seems to me that all that matters here, with you, is your message, not the feedback you claim to be enjoying.

I know this hurts to hear and hard to say, but nobody trusts a lawyer. I've been taught that lawyers are just professional liars. A word you use liberally here . Frankly it's your kind of ilk that has kept me from putting much time into this forum.

The lengthy diatribe and resulting war going on in this thread is anything but what I originally joined for. I don't put much distance between this type of banter and DKs' or Cypress' pathetic political rhetoric. It's done nothing to unite Nomads. Why would someone want to hang with or party with people who despise others for their political preference or who are called names repeatedly. I'll admit though, you sometimes do sound like a lawyer

JMHO No need for rebuke.

Now with that I wish you all ado. Say g'nite Irene.......... G'nite Irene.

David K - 7-22-2010 at 04:02 PM

Because the Jesuit map showed 3 'started missions' and only one (Dolores del Norte/ Santa Gertrudis) was actually built, makes it interesting as a 'possibility'... But, historians agree absolutely no evidence that the two other missions were ever started... That doesn't stop people from seeking the Lost Santa Clara mission (San Juan Bautista, near Punta Abreojos) or from Choral believing the site they found in 1966 in the region where Miguel Venegas put 'Santa Maria Magdalena' on his map, may have been a started mission.

What is important that we enjoy Baja, and travel there to fulfill our desires... and that HELPS the local economy!

[Edited on 7-23-2010 by David K]

Cypress - 7-22-2010 at 06:13 PM

Sharksbaja, You are wrong about me deleting posts. If disagreeing with your political viewpoint makes me a bigot, I'll were that label proudly.:biggrin:

ramuma53 - 7-22-2010 at 10:03 PM

Sharkbaja and David K
Is what you are doing to steal a thread???

Is that the way you pretend to lay another smoke screen on the facts???

Nice try but as you know, this thread has a life of its own, you are not the first ones to try it.

BajaGringo - 7-23-2010 at 09:24 AM

Yeah, Rafael is right about that one. Not even the Sports Illustrated Bikini models were able to hijack this thread...

ELINVESTIG8R - 7-23-2010 at 09:41 AM

Agreeing with BajaGringo...:lol::lol::lol:

wessongroup - 7-23-2010 at 10:19 AM

Oh, by the way... who's judge in this "trial".. didn't know one was in session at this time.. and if it were a trial it would not be handled in this manner in Mexico.. this is from an article from the Wall Street Journal:

"In the Mexican judicial system, testimony isn't given in an open courtroom before a jury, but in office cubicles in front of lawyers. Typically, neither the judge nor the defendant is present. The judge rules based on the transcript and case file."...

If this is incorrect please advise.. as I have never been in court in Mexico, and would prefer not to have that pleasure... based on this information

Also.. don't see that it should all that hard to support ones position with "facts" in a discussion that involves the loss of: personal property, human rights, personal freedoms, and physical attacks with personal injury..

To not require,in a situation like in this thread, support for statements without ............... something.. Again "where is the beef"!!

People put up "video", links, complete articles and other things to "support" what they are saying to show it is true and correct...

I just found out this morning, that a post which was put up was in fact not true.. the individual contacted me off the board to explain the post.. I missed the fact that the object of this post was rather to make a point.. which it did once it was explained to me.... as we don't have a reference point on what is true and what is not ... on a "board"..

One can and does say just about anything here.. in some cases it just goes by.. and on down the road.. on others ... like this one.. it does not just go on down the road..

As for me I came in very late to this thread.. and had no idea what was being talked about, and asked for a synopsis and then for individuals who were making accusations to support their positions with some kind of "documentation" ... "documentation" becomes evidence in court..

I have never suggested that an investigation was on going, perhaps the concept was introduced by the screen name of that crazyass Marine ... and I don't believe he said he was conducting an investigation either, rather stated he could not in Mexico ... and was also looking for supporting documentation.. if I miss speak his position I apologize ...

And for me.. "hijack" .... no problem ..... having two or three or four different threads within one is not all that hard to go with.. plus I'm learning again.. this time about the history of Baja.. but, from a religious standpoint.. thanks to all..

I find the thread useful in many ways too... which has been stated before by others including myself.. and again I don't have a horse in this race..

Just like to find out what is going on...

And lastly.. some folks pickup roadkill and use it for dinner.. and they don't mind or find it a waste of time examining a "roadkill".... now if you do... now that would seem to be your problem.. not others... but, it is noted.. some do not like: supportive documentation, accurate information, factual statements, but do like misdirection, ad hominem attacks.. and generalized statements which uses the Royal "WE" ... once again we are moving into something which has implications and which many find disturbing, much as you apparently do also...

As for me.. I find it interesting and continue to learn about this situation, and take notes..

I have nothing but time on my hands.. and find this thread along with many others, informative, humorous, insightful, sad, giving reasons to be thankful, provide happiness, and many other things..

Thanks to all.. a great wealth of information and thoughts from many folks with a world of life experiences coupled with some pretty good brains too...

Feel lucky to have stumbled onto this site, from CityData.. and another one.. someone suggested I check out..

It's all good.. and it is going to be a really nice day in Baja north.. in the 70's with cool moist air..

wessongroup - 7-23-2010 at 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Yeah, Rafael is right about that one. Not even the Sports Illustrated Bikini models were able to hijack this thread...

What we need here is another release of the "Tiger" on the womanhood of America.... that one worked pretty good...

BajaGringo - 7-23-2010 at 04:03 PM

noproblemo2 - 7-23-2010 at 04:43 PM

:spingrin::spingrin:

wessongroup - 7-23-2010 at 05:17 PM

guess you just have to use the right bait..

ramuma53 - 8-12-2010 at 08:50 PM

Have any of you, noticed that nobody answered about the sales on http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42612&pag...

Clearly this is what we want to avoid and a clear usefulness for this thread, to advice people about possible scams on buying land in Baja.
This one was uncovered fast.

Concerning the way Mexican courts work you are 1/2 right only.

Yes the court is usually a very small room where only a secretary attends the attorneys and in civil cases you usually do not even attend your court appointment, only your attorney.

This is because the system is different, in Mexico the judge is also the one who decide who has the legal reason, in your courts you have a jury who make that decision; clearly Mexican courts relay too mucho on the judge and that is a clear problem, because they are not exactly an honesty example and if one of the parties has money to spend under the table, the decision will go that way, does not matter who has the reason.

It is a difficult arena for an attorney, because you have to deal with that fact of life and advise your client about it; you want to win, it will cost you, if you have legal reason on your side, it will be less expensive, because if you are wrong, it will cost you more, but if you pay the price, you win.

That with normal people, but if you have political power, it is more valuable than money or at least it will be less expensive for you.

We have been trying to go around that problem for decades, but we see no light at the end of the tunnel, it is business as usual in courts at all levels.

Also if you know the system and you know how to it works, you can usually obligate the judge to become honest, at least for a few days while he makes your ruling.
This bring you to a fact of life, if you are going to court, you better pick the right attorney, one with the knowledge, with political power and the right friends at high places.
If you pick the wrong one, it does not matter if you are right and the law says you are right, you will pay a lot and loose at the end.

Another big problem in Mexico is that attorneys are not very honest also; they usually sell the cases or get together to take both clients the long and expensive way while they share the money.

It is a real art to go to court in Mexico.

I have always said that I am an engineer who studied law to protect myself from my own attorneys.

ELINVESTIG8R - 8-13-2010 at 05:25 AM

Rafael, thank you for the insight of Mexico's legal system. God, I hope I never have to us it. :lol:

Edit: Spelling...

[Edited on 8-13-2010 by ELINVESTIG8R]

Cypress - 8-13-2010 at 05:51 AM

If Rafael's post regarding Mexico's legal system is accurate, I'm very thankful for not having to deal with it.

Lobsterman - 8-13-2010 at 07:00 AM

Your following grows.

Pompano - 8-13-2010 at 09:51 AM

I have not read this entire thread, nor do I intend to, but the last post by ramuma53 got my attention and is worth a comment. I agree with the info about Mexico's legal system. Been there, done that..a few times over the last 35 years..both winning and losing.

I could write a book ..and most likely will when I get the time. :light:

"God, Mr. Gomez, and the Judge?"

toneart - 8-13-2010 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I have not read this entire thread, nor do I intend to, but the last post by ramuma53 got my attention and is worth a comment. I agree with the info about Mexico's legal system. Been there, done that..a few times over the last 35 years..both winning and losing.

I could write a book ..and most likely will when I get the time. :light:

"God, Mr. Gomez, and the Judge?"

Oh, go ahead and read the whole thread, Roger. It is better than any novel you could read. Put this together with your personal experience and you have a guaranteed blockbuster of a book!

However, I do believe that you will have an even better book if you compile the travelogues and photos you have posted here through the years. :yes:

Pompano - 8-13-2010 at 02:16 PM

Quote:
[
Oh, go ahead and read the whole thread, Roger. It is better than any novel you could read. Put this together with your personal experience and you have a guaranteed blockbuster of a book!

However, I do believe that you will have an even better book if you compile the travelogues and photos you have posted here through the years. :yes:

Good Grief, Charlie Brown! Tony, you've got to be kidding, right? There's 86 pages of this stuff to wade through! I don't have that much Pacifico and Patron on hand.

Just give me the one-paragraph synopsis, okay? And as for writing and publishing about Baja, I'm waiting for a couple remaining survivors to expire before exposing them to the world. By the way, how's your health these days? :rolleyes:

Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19