Turtle bust

Pages:  1  ..  16    18  

toneart - 8-13-2010 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
[
Oh, go ahead and read the whole thread, Roger. It is better than any novel you could read. Put this together with your personal experience and you have a guaranteed blockbuster of a book!

However, I do believe that you will have an even better book if you compile the travelogues and photos you have posted here through the years. :yes:

Good Grief, Charlie Brown! Tony, you've got to be kidding, right? There's 86 pages of this stuff to wade through! I don't have that much Pacifico and Patron on hand.

Just give me the one-paragraph synopsis, okay? And as for writing and publishing about Baja, I'm waiting for a couple remaining survivors to expire before exposing them to the world. By the way, how's your health these days? :rolleyes:

Roger,

Regarding my health: If I were to kick soon, the exposure would make too fat of a book. Your fingers would tire and your brain would hurt.

In reference to this string, here is a one line synopsis: He said, she said! :rolleyes::wow::yawn:

MsTerieus - 8-13-2010 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Just give me the one-paragraph synopsis, okay?

Actually, I think I recall that there WAS a synopsis somewhere in the thread, probably closer to the end than the beginning. Of course, finding it might not be so easy ....

A paragraph synoposis is too much....I propose a haiku

akmaxx - 8-13-2010 at 06:42 PM

Money and greed
Create tension everywhere
Free the turtles now

Cypress - 8-13-2010 at 06:45 PM

Sound's good to me!;)

ELINVESTIG8R - 9-12-2010 at 02:13 PM

Hi Rafael, Mark and Olivia. Do any of you have an update you will share with us? Thank you in advance.

David

rgbajabob - 10-7-2010 at 04:01 PM

Good day folks, sorry I took so long to get back to this story. I had to deal with 2 family members passing back east and my own health issues. I promised to talk more about the Munoz character and I also had to wait until some of my Mulege area friends got either back to me or got back down for the winter. I am not going to start a back and forth with anyone just wanted pass on what was told to me. In short Munoz is both a liar and a thief!! His "papers" he talks about so much a fake and he knows it.
That "entrance pass" he posts on his site was only good for a few days until the courts killed it..Olivia and Mark are still there and well. If he did in fact own everything they would be gone as thier storage buildings including the generator are not in the federal zone at all, Munoz just lies and lies and some folks believe him..The hotel is in ruins, no elec., no water, and no guests. He evicted 3 american homeowners and striped there houses bare. He keeps talking about drugs charges but those are all false and only pushed by him in an attempt to get rid of his last obstacle, Olivia!! I spoke with an american couple who live just north of there and they were in the bar with the Jimmy incident....Munoz's story is all lies and Marks and Olivias story is mostly true,,,there was a knife and the gringo was very drunk and dangerous..Munoz kept him around for months trying to get charges against Olivia...when the failed he was of no more use so he was just cut loose. The bottom line is munoz is a blowhard and a crook..He is hated in Mulege, does not pay his employees and that is why he has gone through so many of them. Now some of you believe him but I am sure none of you have even met him. I have I even stayed at his hotel about 4 years ago and he was there. All the time talking about his big plans and all the money he had to invest...all lies nothing has happened. And it is too bad as that is a truely beautiful place. He has ruined it, and the lives of the people who lived there. Don't believe me?? do your homework before you spout off...I did...and I will be back down there next month and will say more...bottom line is he is a thief liar..and I will say it to his face if need be. He does write a good story but that is all.
Ok let the rebuttles start...I will remain just a lurker here as I really have more important things to do here in Rosarito than worry about a creep like him. Bob.

wessongroup - 10-7-2010 at 04:19 PM

page 85 revisited.... please...

mtgoat666 - 10-7-2010 at 04:29 PM

remind me again, who is ramuma53?

from page 3:

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
...even if I don’t write very often, that doesn’t make me new, I am registered since 2003 and that makes you the newcomer, not me, so I am not exactly new here, I am a tenant of Mr. Munoz who live in Buenaventura Beach...

Quote:
...I am Mexican by birth and my name is Eduardo Villa Arellano, I will never deny it, just worked hard in American and came back,...

DENNIS - 10-7-2010 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rgbajabob
Bob.

You sound British.....not that that's a bad thing.

David K - 10-7-2010 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rgbajabob
Good day folks, sorry I took so long to get back to this story. I had to deal with 2 family members passing back east and my own health issues. I promised to talk more about the Munoz character and I also had to wait until some of my Mulege area friends got either back to me or got back down for the winter. I am not going to start a back and forth with anyone just wanted pass on what was told to me. In short Munoz is both a liar and a thief!! His "papers" he talks about so much a fake and he knows it.
That "entrance pass" he posts on his site was only good for a few days until the courts killed it..Olivia and Mark are still there and well. If he did in fact own everything they would be gone as thier storage buildings including the generator are not in the federal zone at all, Munoz just lies and lies and some folks believe him..The hotel is in ruins, no elec., no water, and no guests. He evicted 3 american homeowners and striped there houses bare. He keeps talking about drugs charges but those are all false and only pushed by him in an attempt to get rid of his last obstacle, Olivia!! I spoke with an american couple who live just north of there and they were in the bar with the Jimmy incident....Munoz's story is all lies and Marks and Olivias story is mostly true,,,there was a knife and the gringo was very drunk and dangerous..Munoz kept him around for months trying to get charges against Olivia...when the failed he was of no more use so he was just cut loose. The bottom line is munoz is a blowhard and a crook..He is hated in Mulege, does not pay his employees and that is why he has gone through so many of them. Now some of you believe him but I am sure none of you have even met him. I have I even stayed at his hotel about 4 years ago and he was there. All the time talking about his big plans and all the money he had to invest...all lies nothing has happened. And it is too bad as that is a truely beautiful place. He has ruined it, and the lives of the people who lived there. Don't believe me?? do your homework before you spout off...I did...and I will be back down there next month and will say more...bottom line is he is a thief liar..and I will say it to his face if need be. He does write a good story but that is all.
Ok let the rebuttles start...I will remain just a lurker here as I really have more important things to do here in Rosarito than worry about a creep like him. Bob.

Thank you Bob, that is a very believable account and I appreciate you risking 'flames' from the Muñoz lovers/ Mark & Olivia haters, here.

It does seem nearly everyone who has been to Buenavista and met Mark & Olivia, as well as the nearby residents, all know they were the victims of Muñoz' attempts to steal away the land below their feet.

I tried to convince those here who have never been to Bahia Concepcion, but jumped in and fueled the conflict, of the obvious (to me) good vs. evil in this. You have done a better job, I hope!

Thanks!

MsTerieus - 10-7-2010 at 04:45 PM

Come on, folks ... let's push the thread up to page 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;D

wessongroup - 10-7-2010 at 06:20 PM

ditto's

BajaGringo - 10-7-2010 at 06:22 PM

I am lost. Let's start this thread over again...

bajamigo - 10-7-2010 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

Me, too. Can someone do an executive summary so that we're all well informed about this important issue?
:?:

wessongroup - 10-7-2010 at 06:30 PM

I agree

tripledigitken - 10-7-2010 at 06:37 PM

Did the turtle soup come out well?

bajamigo - 10-7-2010 at 06:39 PM

It was a toss-up between it and the shark fin soup.

tripledigitken - 10-7-2010 at 06:45 PM

Putting aside all the politics, etc.

I think i'd rather have oxtail soup myself over the turtle.

But you cloud the issue by mentioning the Shark Fin. I've been tempted to have it at the Chinese restaurants in town, but wow they want mucho dinero for a bowl.

(Does he still wear the black glove? Even in summer?)

Ken

wessongroup - 10-7-2010 at 06:45 PM

are we to 88 yet?

Oggie - 10-7-2010 at 07:06 PM

Not Yet!

mtgoat666 - 10-7-2010 at 07:13 PM

bump

tripledigitken - 10-7-2010 at 07:14 PM

By the way,

Remember the part about the submarines? We all had a good laugh about that, right?

Well recently it has come to light of the Columbian drug dudes building these drug smuggling submarines and ones that just float below the surface. google for ***** and giggles.

Just saying, gives one pause..........?.?.?

comitan - 10-7-2010 at 07:17 PM

Maybe this will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce:

DianaT - 10-7-2010 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Maybe this will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce::bounce:

Hmm, y'all must have different pages than I do...?

:lol: :lol: Now that took some work---but not as much work as making soup----whatever kind of soup that was

Is it 88 now?

rts551 - 10-7-2010 at 08:18 PM

not yet diane

Lobsterman - 10-7-2010 at 08:28 PM

You know what really peees me off about this whole land/home purchase process in Mexico. Here I am after 48 years of working and ready to retire and all this crap comes to light. With the current judical system in Mexico how can anyone not feel that they are going to get screwed at anytime no matter how much dudiligence they the do or lawyers, notories, or whatever they employ to cover your ass. I do not have gobs of $ to sacrifice to this corrupt system. All the crooks have to do is out bribe you and your invest is GONE. I do thank this post and many, many others for shedding light on the subject.

You should see all the deals on owning waterfront property in Gulf Shores Alabama or the Florida's panhandle (no State income tax). There you can protest, call the government names, own a gun, feel safe, etc.

Damn Mexico. Get your act together before no one comes. Really feel sorry for the ones who can not sell your home and get out of Dodge, like the guy who gave his home away at the Orchards that once was worth over $200k a few years ago. That's where I had my eye on retirement living for over twenty years.

DianaT - 10-7-2010 at 08:31 PM

Too humid for me in the Gulf Shores of Florida -----

but you did hit page 88!!!

Global Fido's...

wessongroup - 10-8-2010 at 07:00 AM

Lobsterman... don't see how you could be upset... we are in the world of "Global Fido's" it would appear...

The United States does real estate transactions the same as Mexico... "Titles !!.. we don't need no stinking titles"...

So... would appear buying "property" in Baja or in Cleveland OH, is much the same.. take your chances... as it is the same game.. just a big rip...

And one other.. would expect to see another drop in housing pricing of around 30% or more in the States... which will mean what to "values" in Baja..

Sorry was going to stop at page 88.... and we have reached it...

just one last add on... to set the record straight on what was said by one side.. and supported with documentation...

One can not stated that something is invalid, unless they can provide documentation to support such a statement ... well, they can say anything.. but, the validity becomes suspect with out support...

Like I own this house, here is the Title.....

Also, any statement which alledges that I "hate" any of these individuals is absoululy ridiculus ... I don't know any of these individuals, nor will I .... most likely... I don't travel to this location, don't intend in buying property in Baja or Mexico.. for the reasons which Lobsterman as outlined... my tolerance to risk is very, very low... been renting for a year so far.. and that is just fine with me... I have no desire to invest in property in Mexico.. why, I can rent what ever I want where ever I want...

Property is about the worst "investment" one could possibly make at this time.. given my circumstance...

Hell, I'm thinking about check Vegas out for rentals .... those guys.. have more vacant rooms than the Central African Republic

As stated before.. I'm an old guy with not much to do .... and spend a lot of time in bed, due to being handicapped ... so.. to help you out, as it appears, that you wish to base your posts on "gist" "evolution" and your take on what was posted .. I went back and copied every post (which is still up under the name of ramuma53)

Please note that the date and time of posted, is in chronological ordered from the "board" starting with the first post... there are number of pages.... but, it does show what was said, as compared to what is alleged to have been said. And it will state again, that it was not Mr. Munoz to first make allegations broaching alleged "involvement" .. in this thread about cooking of turtle meat illegally

I stopped copying at page 70 as that is where I made a request for a report be supplied with supporting documentation .. it is the first post on page 70 if you wish to again see what I had hoped to "see" which would allow one to arrive at a fact based conclusion.

posted on 4-14-2009 at 03:34 PM ramuma53

My friends, it is clear that Olivia and Mark were selling and cooking for sale Turtle, that at this time is a protected specie in extintion danger, the fact that it is good or bad to eat is not on debate or the fact, it also looks like the fact that they killed the turtles and cooked them is not argued by Mark, Olivia's husband; the fact is that at this time, it is a Federal ofense to do that and she was caught in the act, a fact that not even they denie; who blew the wistle is of no importance because if I knew I would have done it myself, but the same Conapesca authorities busted several places that day, looks like it was an area action, we know that they searched the Hotel Buenaventura too, but found nothing illegal, but in the Restaurant El Zargazo owned by Olivia and Mark, they found the big pot of stew cooking, full of people waiting for it and the heads of the poor turtles in the trash can; also she was trying to go out of it, by saying that she is a MAFIA member or a Mafia Member relative; are those people who some people argue are good guys, then my notion of a good guy is out of place; Is Mexico a lawfull place or not, are we going to protect the endangered species or not, are we against the Mafia or not.

posted on 4-14-2009 at 04:50 PM ramuma53

As you said, it may have been a tradition, but only a culinary one; also the Aztecas had a tradition to kill people and that doesen't mean you can do it now; the real thing is that the turtles were put under protection for a reason, people were eating them to extintion and now it is a federal felony worst than killing a human, at least if you kill a human, you can argue that you were deffending yourself, but that is hard to argue against a Turtle; also I dare you to kill a Gray wale and then argue it is an Skimo Tradition, lets see if you manage to stay out of jail in any part of America.
On your line of tought, then why forbid cocaine consumption, that won't be going away soon either, or for that matter of fact any illegal drug consumption or even Discrimination against blacks or Mexicans, after all it was a Kukus Klan tradition or not.
The fact my friend, regardless of if it was a good food, it was a tradition or anything, is that it is Illegal all over the world now, for a very good reason, they are in extintion danger and as a consequence it is illegal to even look at them in a bad way; traditions change and have to be forgoten all the time and this is one we all should enforce, if we want our grandchildren to see a live turtle swiming in the sea, or are you palnning on telling yours that there are no more turtles because we were unable to change a culinary tradition.

posted on 4-14-2009 at 11:50 PM ramuma53

Well we are in Internet I think, a Real Estate war exist between people who actually buy land and hold it for proffit; here we have Olivia Higuera Aguilar claiming that Munoz papers are false and nobody bothered to ask her por proff; actually she made a formal complain to the Federal Police, who investigated the matter and who found out that the title was real and legal and that Olivia has no title or right or reason and the case was droped by the Federal authorities and anyone who want proff, there is no better place than the Public Registry with cadastral number 3-03-157 and Public regsitry number 340 book 178 in Santa Rosalia, you will find all the legal history incluiding the Federal investigation that finally recognized that the title was legal; even the Predial tax is paid on that property since 1971 to 2008 on Munoz name with no debt.
Now try to find anything there on Olivia's name, nothing, absolutely nothing, she only has a private contract with Ejido La Purisima afecting a piece of land on the Kilometer 94 to 95, but San Buenaventura is on Kilometer 93; she simply is on the wrong place and that is why the Ejido La Purisima droped the lawsuit against Munoz, they are no longer fighting him; now, do you want and American's independent opinion, just ask Mr. Thad Braxton who live in Buenaventura beach like me at thadbrax@yahoo.com , he is one of the people who Olivia claim Munoz took the house from him, but he is still there and not fighting Munoz at all but is being sued by Olivia who want to take his house from him through the Agrarian Tribunal at this very minute.
Here we have a person (Olivia) who acuse exactly of what she is doing, who don't have a single paper sustaining her property rights, acusing a person who have everything legal and who was catched in the act by federal police of selling as food a protected specie.
That is why I claim that there is no balance of eveidence between themat all, all the evidence is in Munoz favor and absolutely no evidence on Olivias favor and don't get me wrong, I will end up paying rent to one or the other, only I already saw all the legal evidence by myself and thorugh my attorney, simply Olivia has no legal case, only a newspaper case or an Internet case.
By the way, she is already out on Bail.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 12:05 AM ramuma53

And sorry about that tripledigitken I understand what you wanted to say and clearly know you will not buy illegal turtle now, but we are always claiming that there is no justice for Americans in Mexico but I think this show that there is justice in Mexico, not strong enought to hold her in jail for long, but I don't think she will have her restaurant for long after this.
Also if you want any proff, just ask Munoz at director@munoz-industries.com , he has always provided everything asked for, with no questions asked.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 11:31 AM

Well, Baja Gringo, that is the problem, I am citing court cases, and you cite me newspaper articles with personal opinions; if you call personal opinions evidence equal to court cases, then a problem arises; I am citing Public registry data, no newspaper opinions; I myself checked the legal data and found the public documents where they are supposed to be, in a public office and there you find Police investigations and the result of those, you find the Ejido La Purisima droping the claim that Munoz property is illegal and theirs, since he bought the land from the Federal government and part of the procedure was conducted with the Ejido signature and seal.
On Semarnap, Munoz is not on Federal Zone, his property is the land on the side while Olivia is holding a Federal Zone concesion that allow her only to have a Restaurant and palapas, her rent of bungalows ai unlawful as is to sell alchoolic veverages there; also and clearly selling turtle is not allowed and is unlawful.
Clearly to obtain a right opinion we have to compare the same kind of proff to one side or the other.
What I am saying is that Munoz have all kind of legal verifiable and solid proffs while Olivia has only newspaper opinions sent by herself and her husband.
Also, some of you sy you smell a rat; as if somebody had put the turtle on her, but remember that she was caught cooking it in her restaurant with the heads in the restaurant kitchen by herself and her cook who was also detained; if somebody put her up to that she must have participated and accepted to cook it and that is her own action, not something put there by somebody.
She was caught by a Marine commando operative, with a Propesca representative and Semarnao representative who were looking to all the commercial kitchens and she was one of the two catched in the act; they argue that the turtle was for their own food but they had 2 big turtles for a couple of people that is incredible; that is why she is in trouble, not because her land problems; lest not loose objectivity.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 04:00 PM

As we know, they checked El Burro, the Hotel Buenaventura and several other kitchens, but in Bahia Concepcion only Olivia Higuera Aguilar in Restaurant El Zargazo and another Lady named Gorosabe on Requeson beach were caught selling and cooking it for sale, they caught another place near Constitucion, but they say they checked about 200 places with only those 3 catches.
The Propesca commisioner was in Baja for 3 days only coming from Sonora, so the operative was staged to take him to as many places as they could in those 3 days, his visit was published and only a fool may have been catched selling sea turtle, but aparently Olivia didn't care or didnt know of the area operative, but it was obvious, it was easter vacation, it happen all over Mexico, besides, those operatives should be more frequent.
Also, looks like a lot of people are very willing to accept sea turtle as food and don't mind people selling it, some sound like they are even hurt that she was caught in the act of cooking 2 big sea turtles, with a big pot of stew, 2 blody shells and 2 heads in her posesion.
My friends, that is a federal ofense and a hideous crime and more for sale, lets get our values straight and avoid double standards.
it is not up to us to decide how criminal this act is, it is a criminal act agaisnt nature, no way around.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 09:56 PM

Well Diver, even if I don’t write very often, that doesn’t make me new, I am registered since 2003 and that makes you the newcomer, not me, so I am not exactly new here, I am a tenant of Mr. Munoz who live in Buenaventura Beach and I am not stomping it down your throats, I just don't like wrong statements circulating without commenting on them and those are not my facts, those are public facts, legal facts that I know and that I have not just extracted from an newspaper; of course, I investigated it because it affect me, I live there, but I went to the bottom of it with my attorney and if you do that, you will find that Mr. Munoz simply is the land owner and that Olivia used to work for him and had only a power of attorney, then she was fired and got the Federal Zone on her name, while the Hotel that has never been hers, paid for it, and the bills are in the Hotel accounting to prove that fact; we the Buenaventura tenants have been there since 1994 and Munoz have been the owner since 1971 for what I know and with the Ejido knowledge and consent, I am not alone living there, Mr. Thad Braxton and Mr. Murphy and Mr. Stan Valentine also live there and all of them pay rent to Mr. Munoz not to Olivia, just ask to Mr. Stan Valentine how much money was extorted from him by Olivia and her husbands and if he has lost a penny with Mr. Munoz.
It just revolt my stomach to see how people just believe what Olivia print in the clearly interested party newspaper; just write to that newspaper and see if they print first page 8 columns 7 times what you said but they print even false statements from Olivia every time; yes there is a rat, but it is not Munoz and time will give me the reason, just wait for it, we really have time on Baja to wait for anything, or not?.
My question may be, why so much interest to protect a criminal? What I tell is a public true supported by public documents; why sustain the Olivia's myth as a victim when she is really the attacker and the known criminal; at this time she has 8 criminal prosecutions in Mulege and one Federal now; from wounding an American with intent to kill to robbery and damages and lying to authorities, just ask the district attorney in Mulege, not me; she was even sentenced for stealing from an American couple a few years back but anyway she never paid the money back; those are known facts by all the people who live near us and now you, because you asked suggesting a bad intention; if you ask, you will get hard facts about Olivia all over the place.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 10:29 PM

El iNVESTI8 of course I am Mexican by birth and my name is Eduardo Villa Arellano, I will never deny it, just worked hard in American and came back, my main language is Spanish, that fact is not a secret or the point here.
About protecting our houses, you are right because every year our houses get robed in October when we go to America, but armed guards are expensive and that is why we don't do it, but we really need them, that is true.
About calling Mr. Munoz "Mano Negra", it is a disrespect act, but it is because he always use a black glove, because of an industrial accident; also, as I told you, he has never taken anything from nobody here in Buenaventura Beach, just ask the hometenants here.
About the newspaper article saying that he took some houses in some other place, we laugh about it here, because he does not even know the place where those houses are, as they are shown on the newspaper and if you segest he took a house here, these houses are his property, we are just renting them from him, but anyway he has not taken anyone's house here.
Those are the lies I was talking about, printed in the newspaper without even corroborate them as true facts, clearly Olivias is trying to discredit him and she has a lot of expensive help and that is something that smell like a rat, but people who know him personally will always give you the real thing, he is not bad at all and will help anybody who need it, as many people can tell you here and in Mulege, we just don't care about the newspaper.
The other fact is that Olivia commited a crime by her own acts, may be a sting, but she fell for it, it is like as if I ask you to kill somebody and you do it; you will only do it if you are an assasin, even if it is a sting and stings are used to catch criminals all over the world, just ask Mr. Delorean.
The fact is that those sea turtles are dead because she cooked them to sell them as food and that is a crime, here in Mexico and in the USA too, she may had just refused to cook them as anyone of us would have done, I am sure.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 12:29 PM

Ok. first Sharkbaja
Those are lies, Requeson or Buenaventura roads never were closed, and if you know the area, through Requeson road you can access any other beach; there were other 3 entrances that were closed for security reason; as you must know, last year an American was killed in La Armenta and closing all those entrances enhanced the area security because to enter the beaches you have to pass in front of a lot of people; so the bottom of it is that the beaches never were closed and it was a complete lie as every authority there is, found out because motivate by 5, 8 columns first pages on El Sudcaliforniano went to verify and ask every person arround, but when they arrived, Requeson was full of people and completely open, the same for Buenaventura; the funny thing is that the day the first news came out, the Estate police was there because they were investigating the roberies in our area, so the Police commander and agents are withnesses that the beaches were never closed.
That is what I am talking about, you have to be there to know the true facts, the nespaper is printing every lie Olivia send them, without even checking on it.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 01:08 PM

ELINVEST8 now, you are bringing out exactly the right questions, lets comapare the two caracters and I know the two of them.
Engineer Rafael Munoz Martinez, also attorney at law, was a Senate Candidate for North Baja on the 2000 elections, he owned then the ABC Baja newspaper and has a lot of journalistic trophies, past president of 2 small land owners associations in Rosarito beach, he was teaching martial arts ar the Army School when he was 18 years old, advisor for 2 lawmakers, congresswoman Mercedes Erdman and Mercedes Maciel, he founder of the Workers Party in Rosarito Beach and security advisor for the Mexican Army, I would trust any amount of money to Munoz while feeling safe and more would be overkill ok, but remember thr Army connection.
Olivia Higuera Aguilar, she used to work for the Electrical Company in Mexicali Baja, whith her ex husband Michael, she started bringing all kind of stuf from Central Mexico and bought even an airplane, they were bringing even wores to Buenaventura restaurant and one of them run off with her husband; two of her older brothers were killed in drug wars in Mexicali, she is a realtive of Martin Anaya Gorosave and just check on that one with your local DEA; she has 8 open criminal prosecutions in Mulege one of them for injuryes to an American with intent to kill and now one Federal for the turtles; she is selling alchool without a legal Federal permit for Federal Zone, she rent a house when it it prohibited by law to sub lease any part of Federal Zone and now she was caught cooking and selling sea turtle; also all arround here we see the unloading of boats at 3 AM and the next day a lot of policemen coming for 10 minute visits to her restaurant and have seen the army trying to catch them running all over the beach several times, she was sentenced along with her ex husband Mike for taking in a fraudulent way money from Mr. and Mrs. Christ, a couple who gave them money to build a house and got nothing and she never paid back a cent; she took more than $250,000 USD from my neighbor Mr. Stan Valentine who never got a cent back.
To who would you trust some money?
Also a lot of times, Olivia and Mark refuse service to Mexicans in her restaurant and refuse to grant access to the boats ramp and that is also against the law.
As you see, you have to know facts first hand to really have an opinion, but don't belive me, ask my neighbors who are Americans like Mr. Thad and Lora Jones at thadbrax@yahoo.com , or Mr. Stan Valentine or Mr. Murphy at TERRYRMURF@aol.com who are deffending themselves from Agrarian claims from Olivia, who is trying to get their houses. and gues who is helping us to keep our houses, Mr. Munoz.
posted on 4-16-2009 at 01:46 PM

BajaGringo
Concerning the land, I am sorry to tell you that the land at this minute is not subjected to any trial, because the Ejido La Purisima backed up their claims against Munoz, because they found out through official channels that Munoz property title was good and legal after a 2 years investigation by the Federal Police because an Olivia claim, so there is never going to be a Supreme Court ruling because there is no trial, the only trials are Olivia against the home tenants, JUICIO AGRARIO: TUA-48-047/2006. POBLADO LA PURÍSIMA MUNICIPIO DE COMONDÚ and others against us;
trying to collect $250,000 USD from each one of us, but it has already been proved that her Ejido Land is 1 Km north of Munoz property and does not everlap.
At this minute nobody is challenging Munoz property rights in any court, all the claims have already been dropped after investigation.
Also, our topic was not about the land, it was about the morality of killing turtles and cooking them for sale; this started because I see that many of us, take this ban as a shalow thing, like if the bad thing is that she was caught cooking a big stew pot, with 2 bloody shells and two turtle heads in her trash can, all this in a restaurant full of people waiting for the food.
You acuse me of being biased, but I see a lot of bias from people who do not personally know the real facts or Mr. Munoz or the whole story.
Also you acuse Munoz of drug connections and say it as if you know it for a fact; if you knew him, you will know it is exactly the oposite, he is on the other side and I know that Olivia use Crack and cocaine because I have been there and I know that with Munoz, he don't even smoke cigaretes and drugs are out of the question.
My friends, any one of you have access to DEA, just ask for the two of them, you will get a very different opinion about both of them; there Mr. Munoz is known as Mr. Munoz while Olivias is known as "La Vaquera" and her Mafia realtive as "El Gordo" and just look at the records there.
Of course I am angry, but I am mad about those drug landings on our beach at 3:30 AM, the roberies and violence against all of us, who suposedly came to Baja to a paradise.
I also know a lot of people who think Olivia is a nice people, but not many Mexicans think like that, or for that matter any person who lives on Buenaventura beach Mexican or American.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:00 PM

tripledigitken
Don't worry, Munoz is not selling, but fore sure if it comes to that, I will any time buy a house from Mr. Munoz without losing my sleep and with time I asure you, this place is going to be one of the safest and legal places on Baja, we are not just reading newspapers, we are doing something and yes I am extremely biased against killing turtles and losing my house to Olivia.
posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:02 PM

I forgot, slender is when you tell lies, just try to prove any of my words as a lie, you would find even more and more on the same direction, that is why I became bias, I wasn't, now I am, because I investigated myself.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:04 PM

Also Jesee, others already noticed it, why are you so adamant on defending her? what is your bias or hiden interest?

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:19 PM

Bajajack
all of us give a cram, we live here and we ant to live in a lawful place, that is why we are in board, reading about Baja

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:51 PM

Bajagringo
You are right, you did not said anything on Mafia, but we are discussing a topic here and others did it and I asure you the one who said it, got the point
It looks like many of our board friends make questions, but don't like the answers from people who are there and when it involves personal action, they preffer to just talk, but we who live here have to act and that is why we know every fact and when you get personally involved, sooner or latter you make your descision on where to stand and I am there, I know where I am standing and what I want, a clean and safe and drug free Baja with all its beauty parts in place for now and the future; here we are just talking, but you ask questions that have an answer that cost us a lot of actions and money to investigate.
Of course sooner or latter Olivia will come in Line, but she will not be able to explain why she killed the turtles or why she kooked them in her restaurant.
On the property question, I know that many of you don't know and don't really care to investigate yourselves, actions are only for the affected people like me or my neighbors, but if you are not ready to make a judgement, don't give opinions on matters that you are not ready to corroborate and give a first hand opinion; here in internet, we have the responsability to say the true facts we know, but also you can be questioned by anybody, even with fool questions or by people not really concerned who just say worng things, but that is the beauty of Internet, it is free speech, just if you ask, be ready to analyze the information you get back and this is not for you Bajagringo, is fo all of our board friends.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 03:00 PM
Jesee
you afirm that both are wrong, do you personally know any of them to afirm that any of them are wrong? I do, I know both of them and read the same newspapers, only I have first hand information, I am here and I can tell you, she in free on bail, Propesca will fine her $750,000 pesos, Profepa something similar and Semarnap will close her retaurant forever and those are news you will read in the same newspapers in the near future.
You really want to be able to say who is wrong, just go to the Agrarian Tribunal there in La Paz and ask, even the dogs outside know about this, but get first hand information and then tell us what you found.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 10:30 PM

Bajagringo
To Munoz, I consider him as a friend but he is also my landlord, and you will find that same answer from all the house tenants in Buenaventura beach, to Munoz Industries, I would like to have a relationship, but no, sorry for me but I don't have any.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 10:49 PM

Skipjakjoe
About the turtles you are completely wrong since we have always tried to protect the sea turtles, some times when the fishermen bring the turtles for sale as meat, only some times they have them all tied up but alive and on those ocasions I have paid for them as meat and then released them in to the sea, they sell them for as little over a hundred dollars a big one and when I have them I do it; the crime is to harm them, not to pay to release them; all my neighbors really care about the Bahia Concepcion enviroment, it is our yard, I snorkel a lot, the same as them and the rays and the turtles are a joy to watch free, but the ray killings ar very high too.
On Olivia, she deserve this and more; I wont do anything to create her a harm but she do it herself prety good anyway.
If Olivia were a good neighbor, she may stay there forever as it concern to me, but she is not, she is the debil in paradise; I know she used to be better but her actions dictate our feelings; we used to go to her restaurant with Feliciano and have a good time, but now it is imposible, she is always high on something; she used to be beautyful, but just look at her now.
Anyway, now she is a known liar and an adict who cant control herself and that is why she have not been able to reach an agreement with Munoz; I know that he at one time he offered her $50,000 USD to avoid conflicts but, she went and started the fight; just a few days ago, in front of me, Munoz asked her to propose something within reason and the next day she started with the lies in the newspaper about closing the beaches.
What would you do with a neighbor like that? love her? No, I don't even apreciate her now and as soon as she go out of Buenaventura, the better for everybody, she is just prolonging her agony.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:31 AM

buenaventura

To all concerned; yes, I have been involved in many different and some very bad situations, affecting my business for more de 19 years, my reputation, my image and my life of all the ones I love including our families and friends. I am not going to tell you all of the details of this lately federal offense that indeed happened in my restaurant on Saturday April 11th, Easter weekend, because is and going to be under investigation. I am working in my restaurant and my business is open that’s a big plus, yes it is a huge felony and you don’t stay out to tell the story, you go straight to a federal prison and might be 1 to 9 years in jail, but who ever is trying to nail me down didn’t do it right. I was not selling “soup”, I DID NOT KNOW because the food was bring to my restaurant cooked and ready to be serve, I was not making money with it, it was for a group of Mexican families from Ensenada and they were going to pay for the drinks and service as well for the use of the facilities of the beach and restaurant. The officials from Pesca and Sagarpa including the marines were there for hours and DID NOT find any illegal and/or out of season species in my freezers or refrigerators, what they found in a pick-up truck outside the restaurant in the garbage containers was these plastic bag with parts of a turtle, 2 heads, 4 fins and the chest or bottom part of it, NO BLOOD OR GUTS. Also parts were in a plastic bag type that I do not have here. No other parts were found.

Someone called after dropping off a blue covered pot at my restaurant and said “there is a pot blue with turtle at Buenaventura. Parts of turtle in trash, and drugs under the computer.

Rafael Munoz “el mano negra” mentions that I have several reports in Mulege for different “crimes” but HE does’nt say that he is the one that made all these accusations against me and fail in all of them.

If anyone has questions about me and wants to know more about these nightmare feel free to come to my restaurant, because I am not going to play this BS that Munoz plays.

Muchas gracias, Olivia Higuera.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 08:10 AM

I am very proud of my wife Olivia who is 51 years. I think she has done very well against Munoz. We have been dealing with this individual for nearly seven years. Now with reading his posts some of you know what we have enured for all these years.

I have some handsome pictures of Rafael Munoz that i would like to share. How do i attach to a post?

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:28 PM

Well the poachers appeared
Mark is saying now that I am a bodyguard, hope I look like one at least; well it is hard to be a bodyguard for Munoz when I am here in Buenventura while he has been in New York for 3 weeks now, don't you think? Mark I saw you a couple of times today, you even told me you will do something against my life and Munoz life yesterday, don't you remember? and you claim that you know Munoz is not here, something that is true, rare on yourself but true this time; you don't make any sense but we are begining to uncover you and really understand you.
Last time you were saying that Olivia was cooking the stew for your own consumption in Loreto and now you are saying that it was already prepared and was going to be served for some Ensenada families.
I would like to know any person here in this board who knowing that it is illegal sea turtle will serv it in his house.
Well, I can now call you a poacher and a liar freely and you know I will do it to your face, it is not the first time.
Concerning your brush with the Mexican army, why don't you tell them that that day 2 boats were being unloaded ar 3:30 Am on your ramp and when you saw that some people were looking at you, everybody ran; of course the the military arrived late because miraculously the hotel telephone was burned that same morning and the hotel pick up tires were punctured; I know, random events of course.
You start not looking like victims anymore.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:36 PM

O and Caboron
we have heard those screams coming from Olivia's restaurant several times and also a nice pigy was killed there very cold fashion by Mark, with a knife; I was unable to even touch jam for a month after that; also remember that you killed one our little dogs, only 3 months old with a shovel Mark; just don't try to hide it, it is showing this time all over the place.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:42 PM

Just to check on the Sudcaliforniano news, we went today to Santa Rosalia to fix our phone and just for fun went to Santa Ines the place where the newspaper claim Munoz took some houses, for your information, there, they don't even know who Munoz is; then how is it possible that El Sudcaliforniano keep printing your screams every time, even if they are not true and this one anyone can check, just look for somebody from that area, even you Mark.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:44 PM

Oliguacamole or bether said Olivia Higuera Aguilar, I am intense because it is illegal to kill sea turtles and the turtles losses can not be cut like you cut their necks; what do you feel when they scream Olivia?

osted on 4-17-2009 at 07:00 PM

BajaGringo please read and see that even Olivia and Mark know me, they said that I am Munoz bodyguard but I am not fore sure I don't have the body or the training; she is calling me her neighbor don't you see and yes we are neighbors and we know each other very well and I know them too well for their own good by now.
you try to make an issue because we use Munoz computer to write, sorry but everything here is his property, even the computers and satellite connection and email accounts; please don't try to confuse the fact that we are talking about protecting the eviroment here, that is the topic, don't loose it.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:09 PM

Well, I se Olivia just went offline without answering, she noticed that she inclriminated herself, well, remember when I told you that she does the worst harm to herself; I rest my case, good night.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:15 PM

O and Olivia, now that you mention the end of lower Agrarian court trials, dont forget to tell them that those cases are against us your neighbors, that you are trying to take our homes from us and collect $250,000 USD from each one of us, you lost against Munoz, but you are still going against us; just go to court and see that our appeal is in, so don't be so happy so soon.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 11:50 PM

Ok, Bajagringo, you keep on believing that I am Munoz, even if it has no consequence for this discussion, but for your information, the Munoz Industries email is the email used here at the hotel for reservations by internet and is very public; the hotel and everything incluiding the computers are Munoz Property, and I mean the houses where we live too; if you want to communicate with Munoz, you have to use the same email and that is director@munoz-industries.com and that will come to the hotel also, he has private emails, but just email him direct and he will answer, he reads everything and he has always been a gentlemen; also his english is a lot better than mine, but lets keep to our topic.
Today the Hotel Buenaventura got an email from Green Peace and they are going to press the federal authorities to make an example of these poachers and also from other pro nature organizations that have read about this HERE and came through the hotel webpage and yes through the same Munoz emails that we can see here.
Looks like the poachers are not going to have it as easy as they tought; closing of the restaurant is asured and voiding of the Federal Zone concesion a must.
I also found out that killing a turtle has a heavier penalty than killing a human; if you kill a human and show at least some self preservation you will stay only 2 to 4 years in jail while a killing a turtle carry a 12 years jail sentence, more fore who cook it, sell it and or transport it.
I also called Munoz about this conversation I have been having and he will enter the board in the next few days; looks like I am a lot more expresive than he is.

posted on 4-18-2009 at 12:54 PM

My friends, for that matter, at one time I was corossing the border Tijuana San Diego with new boots bought in Tijuana, those were turtle leather; at the San Ysidro border entrance, Customs confiscated my boots and didn't charged me, but I was afraid to looose my greencard then; happyly I was able to demostrate that I had just bought the boots in a legal shoe store and I know that that store was closed a few weeks later, so it is no easy thing to posses, transport, sale or even use sea turtle products.
Actually the law forbids the harrasing, catching, harming, sale and transportation of sea turtles or its products or derivates; if you have an old shell, it is not a crime as long as you don't transport it, sale it or cross the border with it.
On the other side, Olivia was catched with two fresh LOODY shells from 2 sea turtles, being cooked on her restaurant stove in a big pot, with the two real fresh heads in the kitchen INSIDE trash container; also she accept that she was warming it as a favor to some Ensenada families who were inside her restaurant for free while every person who know Olivia must know that she would never do that for free, that is an imposibility, she always charge for everything, no exception and even her friends know that.
My friends, also note that the hotel has no telephone at this moment, since last boat unlodading on Olivia's Restaurant and the Propesca raid was after that, so the tip could not have come from the Buenaventura hotel and we know that the only other telephone 15 miles orround is in Olivia's restaurant, so the tip must have come from her restaurant, maybe one customer or employee or husband of her did it and since she charge for telephone use, she must know who did the on time calls.
Also, Mark was not there very conveniently and since he is the restaurant co owner, or at least he say that, it is extrange, don't you think.
But anyway, they are known poachers now, they even accept that they had the Sea Turtle in their restaurant for their customers service free or not, they say free, but that is hard to believe even for her adamant protectors here.
The real question is, Do we condone the actual serving of Sea Turtle in a restaurant today???????
It is not a matter that in the past we like it or not, because I used to like it; not as a tradition, because it was not; they just were selling it all over Tijuana; it was not like turky tradition, we just were able to get it anyplace; of course in Baja, if you went to an able home, they will offer the best and that was Sea Turtle, now they offer shrimp the same way, or fish; Sea Turtle was not a tradition, it was the best at that time; now only the ones who are able to brake the law with impunity do it, being a corrupt governor or politician, but it is like inviting you to be their associate in crime.
We are not loosing tradition when we are not able to serve Sea Turtle in our homes, we can still make that dish, they call it Cahuamanta; it taste the same, the flavor is the same except it is made of fish, ray meat and beef' so the tradition can continue without the Sea Turtles participation.
When all over the world the lawmakers in our representation, baned the Sea Turtles from our tables and menus, it was for a reason; the sea turtles were being hunted to extintion; one way or the other, the Sea Turtles were gone from the tables, also they have become extremely expensive.
So we have not lost a tradition, we have not lost the excuisite dish and we are very willing to see the turtles sweeming in the sea, very alive.
We just need to take a step in to an active position and really protect the remaining sea turtles with our condoning or repudiating the ones that break that law, being a governor, a politician, a policeman, a restaurant owner or a friend who serve it at home when he invite you. that is the question for us here ???????????

posted on 4-18-2009 at 01:36 PM

Baja gringo
Still unable to solve that one; if you check in the internet Munoz curriculum vitae, you will notice that he is a Civil Engineer, an attorney at law, speaks spanish, english and some italian; also he studied Physics, Electromechanical engineering, a lot of computng systems and know several programing languages; does that sound like a guy who can do that and more ? and of course would not make as many mistakes as the humble of me.
Anyway, just listen to Olivia and Mark, the interested parties, they KNOW ME, they think I am his bodyguard, but are unable to explain how come the bodyguard is enjoying the Baja beaches while the principal in in New York; doesent sound like the bodyguards I see in the movies at least.

posted on 4-18-2009 at 04:06 PM

Baja Gringo
I would prefer to remain out of this discussion for now, because there is an ongoing Federal investigation about the facts being discussed here. But as an attention to my friend Eddy, I will make a small contribution of the facts known to be true, I know Eddy was there himself and he is not a liar as far as I know, so I also think the same way he does, so just take his worlds as mine too, Olivia and Mark know I am not afraid of telling it to their faces also, I have done it many times.
Baja gringo, What you know, is where an Internet protocol (IP) is assigned, and it is assigned where it enter the Physical Internet network, when it is dynamic and uploaded to a satellite connection, It goes up the satellite stream in pockets and then down at the Internet Service Provider (ISP) where it is assigned the Dynamic IP, where it enters the physical network; and since my Satellite Service Provider for Buenaventura Hotel is in Tijuana, it is not bizarre you find that. Also, you will find that, if you locate the dynamic IP for my personal computer which is where I am sending this comment from, it will always be in Tijuana. I have a contract for wireless broadband connection with Telcel in Tijuana and that means, that from any place in continental America, it goes through the 3G Cellular networks, all the way to Tijuana and then it enters there to the physical Internet network. So, I may be in any place in the world and as long as I use that connection, the dynamic IP is going to be a Tijuana assigned; so much for you as a spy. But this is just a technical distraction since the main issue is solved, I uphold Eddie’s words as mine and he has my permission to use my Hotel Buenaventura address and connections. Just take it as if I had said it; Is that enough for you?
Please, Eddie has a big mouth but, he seems to feel like he needs to set the record straight, I don’t. Your comments here do not affect me, in any way, I only do it because it is not fair that you keep putting in doubt Eddie’s ideas, just because you don’t believe he is who he is. He is and has my complete support if that is what you wanted to know, he is also not my bodyguard, he is shorter than me, I am the martial arts expert, not him, it would work better the other way around.
Why do we know so much about Olivia’s investigation? Because I have several of my attorneys looking for ways that the law is not violated here. She has done it locally for years, Federal is another sphere and she was caught by several law enforcement organizations with interlocking actions and interest. Also, we have a presidential directive to fight organized crime and nature organizations are starting to act against her.
Why she was caught? She was caught, because she is under a Federal police microscope, for her boat unloading at 3:00 AM since years ago and this is not a secret anyplace anymore. They were unable to catch her last time, but for sure the whole deal was observed by law officials and at that time, it was no longer my say or my friends say anymore, everything else is a consequence.
Why is she so upset about me, because I put a whole system of cameras, even robotic cameras with 250 x zoom and starlight with the stream uploaded to internet instantly and that system has been recording all her movements for months, including all the law officials’ visits after the landings? This data is not in my possession anymore, so don’t get any ideas.
Mark, you try to appear like a hurt husband by unfair attacks on your poor wife. Those accusations have been there for years, and as I remember, you ran from me every time I catch you in my property, not in a rhetoric way, you really run fast. Also, tell us why you are with a lady 20 years older than you, that is by far no longer a beauty even if she was when she was younger and not so much in to drugs, I recognize. Also, many people saw you very happy when she was arrested saying that you were now the owner.
Olivia may be many things, including now a poacher, but she has always been a lady, why are you so afraid that she may make a deal with me? Remember last time when you practically dragged her from my presence, when she told me she wanted a deal? Mark, act like a gentlemen and let the lady off, you are never going to be a millionaire as you dreamed; the lady deserves a fair chance in life, you are making her make life changing mistakes.

*****posted on 4-21-2009 at 03:19 PM

This is Rafael Muñoz Martinez, since a lot of what is said here is always put in doubt, I want to share some verifiable information from reputable sources, sorry it is in Spanish, but I don’t want somebody to say I miss translated:
--------------------------------------
De: Everardo Mariano Melendez <emariano@conanp.gob.mx>
Fecha: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:19:42 -0500
Para: Aarón Esliman <aaron@grupotortuguero.org>, Everardo Mariano Melendez <ever1234@hotmail.com>, Ernesto Israel Popoca Arellano <epopoca@conanp.gob.mx>
Asunto: RE: Restaurante sorprendido vendiendo Caguama en Bahia Concepcion, Mulege B.C.S.

Hola Aarón,

Efectivamente fueron detenidas dos personas del sexo femenino, con pruebas evidentes de dos tortugas que preparaban para guiso de caguama, fueron remitidas ante el ministerio público federal por delitos ambientales, la PGR atrajo el caso y hasta lo último que supe fueron procesadas. Se les encontró en el acto y con las evidencias periciales.

En Loreto nos pidieron ayuda para buscar depositarios del producto y le fue turnado el caso a PROFEPA. Me parece que este tipo de revisiones a restaurantes debiese ser con mayor frecuencia y poner una alerta que tanto es culpable quien la captura como quien la consume.

Estamos en contacto!

Saludos.
Ever

Everardo Mariano Meléndez
Encargado del Despacho
Parque Nacional Bahía de Loreto
Tel: (613) 11350477
Paseo Pedro de Ugarte S/N
Col. Misioneros.
Loreto, B.C.S.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Aarón Esliman [mailto:aaron@grupotortuguero.org]
Enviado el: mié 15/04/2009 17:40
Para: Everardo Mariano Melendez; Everardo Mariano Melendez; Ernesto Israel Popoca Arellano
Asunto: FW: Restaurante sorprendido vendiendo Caguama en Bahia Concepcion, Mulege B.C.S.

Hola Ever, me acaba de llegar esto, sabes algo de este asunto, creo que
sería bueno investigar por allá que apso con esto, se ve bastante feo y me
encantaría poder contestar algo a este cuate. Se los encargo mucho.
Saludos
Aarón
----------------------------
So I am not making it up, and Olivia was caught in fraganti cooking the Sea Turtle stew pot in her restaurant for sale to a lot of people, detained, put in jail and she is free on bail, pending the administrative and criminal sanctions. Also, it makes clear that Mexican reputable Nature Organizations are promoting the checking and pressing for the convictions, not me.
Some of you are right, Olivia or Oliguacamole just lost the little credibility she had here, because she invented something without knowing the Middle Eastern costumes; the true is that I almost always use a glove, because of an industrial accident that happened in one of my business; I am a Civil engineer, but also studied Law and I am an attorney at law, but as I say, I studied law to protect myself from my own attorneys, so it happened to me when saving an employee of mine; I have my hand, so it is also false that I don’t have it or chopped off; it was burned and I can’t control the temperature, so it does not get cold I almost always use the glove but I have the use of it, it is even evident on the photo Olivia shared with you and the Sudcaliforniano and it is becoming clear who try to deceive you.
On the fact that Eddie said that I own my 1000 Has. Lot since 1971 when I was 18 years old, it is only partially true, because I claimed the property at that time, but my private property title was issued in 1988 and a complement on 1992; I bought it from the Federal Government and the validity of it was checked by the Federal Police and a Federal Judge thanks to Olivia and Mark, who denounced me formally of having a falsified title and at this moment the Federal Police and the Federal Judge declared my title lawful; Olivia Know of it because that is the cause why the Ejido La Purisima, dropped their claims against my title and me; also because in my file, they in 1985 ageed to my limits and signed and put their seal in agreement on an official document, so I have no quarrel with the Ejido and if Olivia is part of the Ejido she should have done the same, but she is trying to collect from my American tenants, but that is a legal battle that do not affect me and should not be part of this.
On Federal Zone, there you are in my knowledge sphere, It is very important for you who live near the sea to know what is Federal Zone and what is not: Federal zone according to the law, is a 20 mts. strip of land measured WHEN THE COAST HAS A BEACH AND THE SOLID GROUND BESIDE THE BEACH IS LESS THAN 30 DEGREES; ONLY THERE THE FEDERAL ZONE WILL BE MEASURED; this is very important because if there is no beach there is no Federal Zone and you should not pay for it and this is the law since 1992 by decree; I know that this is not exactly the information the Federal Zone officials want you to know, because what you pay for it, is in some cases 30% of the city income as is in Rosarito Beach; there, I as an expert witness won the cases for Castillos del Mar and others, so it is a tested in court true; they want everybody to believe that the Federal Zone is 20 mts. From the sea, but it is not, since on cleefs there is no Federal Zone, or where the solid ground is more than 30 degrees there is also not a Federal Zone. (If you need details, just write me and I will give you exact details on the law.)
Another very important fact on Federal Zone is that even if you have the Federal Zone concession, you cannot charge for people using it or crossing it, you can only use the consession only for the use authrized; also it is unlawful to sub lease any part of a concession; Federal Zone if public property and no way around it; also you cannot sell alcohol on it or rent houses on it since it would be sub leasing; nobody can charge you for going to the beach, they can rent you an umbrella, but they cannot prevent you from using it. Then you the Wagon Masters here will say “O but you charge” it is true, I charge you for overnight parking your buses on my property, because I have a parking permit but if you go on foot and leave your bus on the highway, nor me, or anybody can prevent you from using the beach, any land owner by law have to allow people to walk to the beach, not by car, walk; you can see that the hotels always leave a narrow passage to the beach, enough to walk but not for vehicles, but in my case I allow free parking on my property during the day and only when you stay overnight I charge them and that because they use the bathroom and the water cost me, since I bring it by truck from Mulege 30 miles north.
Olivia does not have a parking permit because it is forbidden to park or use vehicles on the Federal Zone, you can only park or drive vehicles on the property, out of federal zone and she has not been noticing that I allow her customers to park on my property without paying, but I can legally close her access to the restaurant at any time I want. She even has to ask for my permission to cross my property and I have a letter signed by her, asking for that permission and if she denies it I can show it, it was signed by her in front of a Navy Captain who also signed as witness.
I know that most of what Olivia do is because she don’t know the law and its details and that is why I say that if I disagree with her, she has always been a lady, not a true telling lady but a lady.
Also so you can understand me, the Property tax on my property is $850,000 USD a year and that is way over the $5000 USD they pay and those prices were put there by the lawmakers and that is done to force people to develop the valuable properties, but we will never do it with places like Olivia there that cannot be moved or have a real money obligation according to what they prevent.
On the fact that she got the Federal Concession, I can comment and prove that she paid for that concession with the hotel funds and the payments are in the Hotel accounting books and if she is not the Hotel owner, she took personal advantage of being at one time the Hotel manager, with a power of attorney only (hope she does not denies it because I have a public notary document where she accept that, “she does not own any part of the hotel”). Also just consider, I have a $750,000 USD investment in the hotel, pay taxes on the hotel and the property, while she rent a Federal Zone house without paying any taxes, because it is unlawful to do it, she sells liquor without paying for a federal permit or tax and she uses my property as her parking, because in Federal zone, she has no area, because she use it with buildings, that cannot be there, because in Federal zone you cannot put permanent buildings.

posted on 4-22-2009 at 02:09 PM

Good question. From Oliguacamoles's Own words, or Olivia's or Mark own words here, they accepted and said here that they were going to serve the stew to a group of Ensenada families, now the turtle was planted, make up your mind, because you lies are showing up here Olivia.
Ok you made a big mistake, just accept it; you know it will cost you a lot of money, but I don't think more than that, depending on how good they got you and how hard the Nature organizations press to make an example of you, but you know that usually that do not happen, so just tell the true story.
by the way the black hotel's truck is in Loreto at the mechanic, do you want to check, also all my employees are in the hotel if you want to check also.
I also agree that the people who was waiting to eat the turtles should have been prosecuted and Olivia must know who they are since she was making them a really big favor by warming the turtle stew; you will do that free only for people who are very familiar with you so just ask them to come forward and take the heat from you; if you don't know them, it means that it was for sale
Olivia, you are hanging yourself with your own words
Also Mark, you threatened my employees yesterday in Mulege at the tire store with killing them like it will happen to me; how is it that you are very brave only with women, why don you threaten me in my face next time you see me instead of runing like like you always do ???????? many people say you are a nice guy, but nice guys do not threaten to kill people, or they do??? let see you next time and you know you will see me.

posted on 4-22-2009 at 09:58 PM

Mark, this is not the first time you do it, only most of the times you do it in a situation where there is your word against some one else and you never were brave enough to try it with me, but several times you have done it to women working in the hotel, only this time you did it in town, in front of another people and in front of the tire store employees who were able to confirm that you went to them while changing a tire; I mention it this time because you did it in public in in front of withness in a demostrabe way.
I know, dog that barg don't bite but what boders me is that this NICE GUY who sells sea turtle, do it only to women while always run when confronted with men; you by experience know that you can not fight with me, you went down at the first blow last time you tried to atack us, Juan also put you down when you atacked the mail man but that is no excuse to now do it exclusively with woman.
I own the place with property titles, I have a Hotel, you have only a concession on a 20 mts strip that belong to public property; you violate the law in several ways, who do you think will go?
I have never even bothered your employees, but you know you do it all the time up to the point of going in to my hotel to tell people that you rent a house cheaper, or you will denie it too Mark?

posted on 4-22-2009 at 10:01 PM

Sorry, but I have no court date, it is only Olivia Against 4 Americans from who she is trying to take their house; since the Ejdio droped their claims against me, I am not a part of the claims; she was claiming that my titles were false and those have already proved true, so I have no court apointment, I won already; sorry I ca not say the same for the 4 Americans.
yes it may be boring, but this board is 11 pages long with a lot of people saying something

posted on 4-25-2009 at 09:50 AM

ELINVEST8
1.- Olivia and Mark quit bringing and selling drugs to Buenaventura beach
2.- She and Mark quit acting like gangsters
3.- Let the District Atorney solve all the claims for good or bad, do not brive them.
4.- Quit bothering the Americans about their houses in Agrarian Court.
5.- Just stay in Federal Zone, do not invade my property
6.- One extra sorry DO NOT HARM AMIMALS.

Are those so difficult???? I think they are.

posted on 4-26-2009 at 11:30 PM

ELINVEST8
1.- We have seen the boats unloadings at 3 AM and I mean law enforcement officers and me but soon she will se about that.
2.- Friday, Mark did not let Mr. Thad Braxton put his boat in the water because he was going to give two mexicans a ride, he threatend my life and his with 2 more witnesses and the formal complain will be presented to the district attorney tomorrow, Wednesday he threatened 2 of my employees in Mulege in front of other people; is that acting as a gangster enough.
3.- Because we have 8 formal complains against Olivia and Mark for robery, robery with violence, lying to judicial authorities, damages and she has one from Jimmy Rusell for wounds with intent to kill and the complains have been lost several times, never acte upon or sent to the judge with obvious flaws to be rejected; the Estate District attorney is under invesigation at this time for those flaws that are allowing Olivia and Mark to be free.
4.- The houses are in my property and at this time my prpperty is beyond doubt thanks to her, not in Federal Zone.
5.- She on a daily basis, croses over my property with her verhicles, use my property and do not attend warnings no to use my property; if you try to stop her, she will attack you with violence, that is why she have so many formal complains; she try to build a house over my property and there is a formal complain for that too, we stoped them.
6.- Yes, Mark killed a pig on a very sadistic way with a knife, the pig was like a pet for everybody, he killed one of our dogs ith a shovel in front of several people and there are morebut not to my personal experience.

1.- Her claim for rent on American people living IN MY PROPERTY, when the Ejido dropped its claims because it was proved that my property is NOT EJIDO LAND and Olivia's contract is one mile north of my property.
4.0 you can see El Sudcaliforniano, she has published 8 columns first page 7 times lies against me that were proved false by the authorities.
6.- The property title was proved true by the Federal Police and the federal judge, if it had not hapened that way, I would be in jail at this time, there is no open investigation against me for that, all the charges proved false; she has acused me of taking the property from her but her charges have been dropped because I have proved to be the legal owner while she only has a private contract with the ejido for a piece of land 1 mile north of mine.

posted on 4-27-2009 at 10:54 PM

You are certainly right, those acts are being denounced to the proper authorities, but there the problem arises, she buy them.
Today she invaded my property again, she is trying to build with heavy equipment over Federal one even if that is forbiden by law, I will send you soon photos of these acts.
My friends, the poor turtles are being forgoten by the authorities but not for long since I know paper is flying from one office to the other, soon those will reach Olivia and maybe the turtles will be vindicated and their sacrifice will serve to save some others.
Well from now on I will just report new acts of vandalism by Olivia with proff.
Why I do it? why do you think?, if she can commit any crime and not be prosecuted, the only defense is making it public, don't you agree?
it is simple.

posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:22 PM

Sorry Pescador, but to talk you have to know.
A concession is the right to DO the activity being allowed by it, but it does not mean you own the place; if you build a ramp in Federal Zone, you are building on Public property and the instant you build it, it belongs to Public Property and nobody can charge for the use of public property or deny the use of public property. Also there can be several different concessions for different people on the same area, for different uses. The ignorance of the law is what makes Olivia make so many mistakes, but it is as easy as to just read the concession papers.
Today those guys not allowed to use the ramp, talked to the Federal Zone and Mulege City officials, they asked them to make a formal complaint against the American, who did, that because it is a Federal Offense, a city violation and a Federal Zone violation; the City major will watch that the District attorney do fallow the law in this case because there have been too many incidents on that restaurant El Zargazo where the law was not applied.
The Federal Zone officials also said that Olivia came to them to try to force me to tear down my perimeter fence, but they denied to act because I have proved my property rights beyond any doubt and confirmed that it is unlawful to deny the use of the ramp to any person, since Olivia and Mark only have the right to use it, also said that the ramp is not on Federal Zone, it is in Marine Zone that is National Property, Federal Zone is the strip that start where the high tide water ends and the beach start, where the water at high tide start, is Marine Zone not Federal Zone and absolutely nobody can prohibit the access to a Marine Zone.
Also Mark (American) and Olivia (Mexican) are lying about not charging or pretending not to charge for people having lunch at the beach, they continually try but are not allowed by us, at least in front of my hotel, we have stopped them hundreds of times, specially Mark and think how a Mexican National feel when an American come and talk to him in English and try to charge him for the use of the beach or out with the police, he had a lot of problems with people, but he is good at intimidating people, specially women, those are his specialty.

posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:46 PM

Mark, why dont you take me to court to make me tear down my fence? or why don't you complain in criminal court for me putting it up?
O but you did try it, but were turned away because you have no right to any land and I have demostrated that I own the place; wel keep trying.
I put the perimeter fence around my property because it is my right to do so and you weren't able to do anything against it, because you are not the owners of anything.
At this time you only have the right to use the Federal Zone to sell food but ONLY in movable structures, in other words in a movable cart, not in permanent buildings, that is against the law because you deny the right to use it to other persons, just read your concession.
I know you were bribing the Federal Zone guys, but new and honest are coming from Mexico City to see if you are using the Federal Zone in the way you are allowed to, and do you know why they are comming, because your newspaper articles

posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:54 PM

For those that remember the Turtles, Mexico City District Attorney asked today for the L

[Edited on 10-8-2010 by wessongroup]

tripledigitken - 10-8-2010 at 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

my page says 59, what gives?

Lobsterman - 10-8-2010 at 07:50 AM

Mr T

Don't get me wrong I still love baja and will visit there starting in February (been going there since 1964). My first retirement adventure will be to Mulege then down to my college buddy's place (John Ireland) at Rancho Leonero Resort. I'll be driving in the daytime and staying in protected hotels. No more beach camping at Bahia Concepcion or the likes. I just will not invest any $ there. The lion's share of the Mexican people are wonderful. It's just that the police, government and swindlers are mostly in cahoots with the criminals thus making any investment in mexican property very risky. Who can you trust there knowing now that the judicial system is predicated on who bribes the most gets the property?

The point I was making is that with the pool of future buyers of baja property shrinking dramatically as the truth is exposed though BN, Fulano and other message boards and blogs, who is going to buy your property when you have had enough of baja due to feeling unsafe, medical reasons, too old to live there any more, just had enough, etc, like the poor guy who lost it all at the Orchard's.

Not me!

[Edited on 10-8-2010 by Lobsterman]

norte - 10-8-2010 at 08:40 AM

I am still wondering why thousands in Baja have no ownership problems yet the few that do get more press on this board than the millions in the states that have lost their homes to foreclosure.

Skeet/Loreto - 10-8-2010 at 08:57 AM

Lobsterman:
This is an answer to your Post has nothing to do with the Original Thread.

In 1967 I make my first flight to Loreto Baja Sur. After that in 1971 my friend and I Tio Don O>Neil bought a piece of property North of the La Pinta. Bought in that we went to Mesico City and talked with the Alverez Sisters who agreed to sell us the Property. As Tourists we could not legally buy so had it put in our Mesican Friends names, Never any Problems.' In 1980 Tio and I split the property and I formed a Mexican Corp through the
Miguel Izquierdo in La Paz.The Property was in the Corp.
No Problems.
About that time i was approached by several Mesican Friends that wanted to sell their Property but did not Trust the AZmeicans and Canadian coming down and trying to buy it.
They ask me if I would buy their Property for a Fai Price and sell it to the people from the North.

I bought and sold over 18 pieces of Property, doing all the Paper work in Loreto then turing over to Miguel in La Paz.

I never, Never had a bit of trouble and niether did anyone who bought any of the propery to this Date.

I would buy property in Mulege now if I was going back to Baja. Just get the information and take it to Miguel, Oh! the cost for Miguel was very resonable.Buy through and from a Long time Mexicano if possible.

Don.T let some of these Diaperheads that have gotten into various troubles scare you off. Baja Sur is a Great place to live.

Skeet/Loreto

Cypress - 10-8-2010 at 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
I would buy property in Mulege now if I was going back to Baja. Baja Sur is a Great place to live.
Skeet/Loreto

Or somewhere on the Pacific side.:yes:

Skeet/Loreto - 10-8-2010 at 10:01 AM

Cypress: Yes I would buy on the Pacific Side, I just did not like the Fog.

Now to you Lencho with due respect.

When My wife and I started building Ranchosonrisa there was no one around us, there was no LoretoBay Villages etc, It was still a nice small Town.
I married my wife when whe was 24 and I was 48, took her out of Calif to Loreto where she helped me realise my Dream of having a Palapa on the Beach, fishing everyday if I wanted to. We built it with our own Hands with the help of a couple of Great Mesicano Friends,[It still stands on the Beach surrounded by several of the Uglist Houses in the World}..

When the Ugle Americanos and Canadians started coming into Loreto things changed-DOPE, NUDITY,LOUD MUSIC,ETC.

My wife had always wanted to be a Horselady so since she had helped me with my Dream we decided to do just that, Now she is a Horselady and we live in just as beautiful a Place. The High Plains of Texas where you can see for Miles.{Do miss the Fishing, and the Good Mexicano Friends}.

she has been back only one time since 2002, went to Mulege and had some great Fishing. We both agreed if we to move back it would be to Mulege as it is close to being like Loreto was 20 years ago.

The biggest Mistake some of these Diaperhaeds make in moving to Baja is they want things done the "States Way", They have to understand they are in Mexico.

Skeet/Loreto

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-8-2010 at 10:29 AM

Hey Gnu if that post of yours with the video is causing us to have to physically scroll across the page to read someone's post, will you please fix it...If it's not yours will the culprit please fix it...

EDIT: Never mind I think it's Wessongroups photo on the previos page!

[Edited on 10-8-2010 by ELINVESTIG8R]

wessongroup - 10-8-2010 at 10:51 AM

no photo's/video's from me... this morning..

mtgoat666 - 10-8-2010 at 10:58 AM

Wessonoil:
you win the award for longest post ever on Baja Nomads :lol:
do you think anyone but you will ever read that cut/paste job?

Quote:
Lobsterman... don't see how you could be upset... we are in the world of "Global Fido's" it would appear...

The United States does real estate transactions the same as Mexico... "Titles !!.. we don't need no stinking titles"...

So... would appear buying "property" in Baja or in Cleveland OH, is much the same.. take your chances... as it is the same game.. just a big rip...

And one other.. would expect to see another drop in housing pricing of around 30% or more in the States... which will mean what to "values" in Baja..

just one last add on... to set the record straight on what was said by one side.. and supported with documentation...

One can not stated that something is invalid, unless they can provide documentation to support such a statement ... well, they can say anything.. but, the validity becomes suspect with out support...

Like I own this house, here is the Title.....

Also, any statement which alledges that I "hate" any of these individuals is absoululy ridiculus ... I don't know any of these individuals, nor will I .... most likely... I don't travel to this location, don't intend in buying property in Baja or Mexico.. for the reasons which Lobsterman as outlined... my tolerance to risk is very, very low... been renting for a year so far.. and that is just fine with me... I have no desire to invest in property in Mexico.. why, I can rent what ever I want where ever I want...

Property is about the worst "investment" one could possibly make at this time.. given my circumstance...

Hell, I'm thinking about check Vegas out for rentals .... those guys.. have more vacant rooms than the Central African Republic

As stated before.. I'm an old guy with not much to do .... and spend a lot of time in bed, due to being handicapped ... so.. to help you out, as it appears, that you wish to base your posts on "gist" "evolution" and your take on what was posted .. I went back and copied every post (which is still up under the name of ramuma53)

Please note that the date and time of posted, is in chronological ordered from the "board" starting with the first post... there are number of pages.... but, it does show what was said, as compared to what is alleged to have been said. And it will state again, that it was not Mr. Munoz to first make allegations broaching alleged "involvement" .. in this thread about cooking of turtle meat illegally

I stopped copying at page 70 as that is where I made a request for a report be supplied with supporting documentation .. it is the first post on page 70 if you wish to again see what I had hoped to "see" which would allow one to arrive at a fact based conclusion.

posted on 4-14-2009 at 03:34 PM ramuma53

My friends, it is clear that Olivia and Mark were selling and cooking for sale Turtle, that at this time is a protected specie in extintion danger, the fact that it is good or bad to eat is not on debate or the fact, it also looks like the fact that they killed the turtles and cooked them is not argued by Mark, Olivia's husband; the fact is that at this time, it is a Federal ofense to do that and she was caught in the act, a fact that not even they denie; who blew the wistle is of no importance because if I knew I would have done it myself, but the same Conapesca authorities busted several places that day, looks like it was an area action, we know that they searched the Hotel Buenaventura too, but found nothing illegal, but in the Restaurant El Zargazo owned by Olivia and Mark, they found the big pot of stew cooking, full of people waiting for it and the heads of the poor turtles in the trash can; also she was trying to go out of it, by saying that she is a MAFIA member or a Mafia Member relative; are those people who some people argue are good guys, then my notion of a good guy is out of place; Is Mexico a lawfull place or not, are we going to protect the endangered species or not, are we against the Mafia or not.

posted on 4-14-2009 at 04:50 PM ramuma53

As you said, it may have been a tradition, but only a culinary one; also the Aztecas had a tradition to kill people and that doesen't mean you can do it now; the real thing is that the turtles were put under protection for a reason, people were eating them to extintion and now it is a federal felony worst than killing a human, at least if you kill a human, you can argue that you were deffending yourself, but that is hard to argue against a Turtle; also I dare you to kill a Gray wale and then argue it is an Skimo Tradition, lets see if you manage to stay out of jail in any part of America.
On your line of tought, then why forbid cocaine consumption, that won't be going away soon either, or for that matter of fact any illegal drug consumption or even Discrimination against blacks or Mexicans, after all it was a Kukus Klan tradition or not.
The fact my friend, regardless of if it was a good food, it was a tradition or anything, is that it is Illegal all over the world now, for a very good reason, they are in extintion danger and as a consequence it is illegal to even look at them in a bad way; traditions change and have to be forgoten all the time and this is one we all should enforce, if we want our grandchildren to see a live turtle swiming in the sea, or are you palnning on telling yours that there are no more turtles because we were unable to change a culinary tradition.

posted on 4-14-2009 at 11:50 PM ramuma53

Well we are in Internet I think, a Real Estate war exist between people who actually buy land and hold it for proffit; here we have Olivia Higuera Aguilar claiming that Munoz papers are false and nobody bothered to ask her por proff; actually she made a formal complain to the Federal Police, who investigated the matter and who found out that the title was real and legal and that Olivia has no title or right or reason and the case was droped by the Federal authorities and anyone who want proff, there is no better place than the Public Registry with cadastral number 3-03-157 and Public regsitry number 340 book 178 in Santa Rosalia, you will find all the legal history incluiding the Federal investigation that finally recognized that the title was legal; even the Predial tax is paid on that property since 1971 to 2008 on Munoz name with no debt.
Now try to find anything there on Olivia's name, nothing, absolutely nothing, she only has a private contract with Ejido La Purisima afecting a piece of land on the Kilometer 94 to 95, but San Buenaventura is on Kilometer 93; she simply is on the wrong place and that is why the Ejido La Purisima droped the lawsuit against Munoz, they are no longer fighting him; now, do you want and American's independent opinion, just ask Mr. Thad Braxton who live in Buenaventura beach like me at thadbrax@yahoo.com , he is one of the people who Olivia claim Munoz took the house from him, but he is still there and not fighting Munoz at all but is being sued by Olivia who want to take his house from him through the Agrarian Tribunal at this very minute.
Here we have a person (Olivia) who acuse exactly of what she is doing, who don't have a single paper sustaining her property rights, acusing a person who have everything legal and who was catched in the act by federal police of selling as food a protected specie.
That is why I claim that there is no balance of eveidence between themat all, all the evidence is in Munoz favor and absolutely no evidence on Olivias favor and don't get me wrong, I will end up paying rent to one or the other, only I already saw all the legal evidence by myself and thorugh my attorney, simply Olivia has no legal case, only a newspaper case or an Internet case.
By the way, she is already out on Bail.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 12:05 AM ramuma53

And sorry about that tripledigitken I understand what you wanted to say and clearly know you will not buy illegal turtle now, but we are always claiming that there is no justice for Americans in Mexico but I think this show that there is justice in Mexico, not strong enought to hold her in jail for long, but I don't think she will have her restaurant for long after this.
Also if you want any proff, just ask Munoz at director@munoz-industries.com , he has always provided everything asked for, with no questions asked.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 11:31 AM

Well, Baja Gringo, that is the problem, I am citing court cases, and you cite me newspaper articles with personal opinions; if you call personal opinions evidence equal to court cases, then a problem arises; I am citing Public registry data, no newspaper opinions; I myself checked the legal data and found the public documents where they are supposed to be, in a public office and there you find Police investigations and the result of those, you find the Ejido La Purisima droping the claim that Munoz property is illegal and theirs, since he bought the land from the Federal government and part of the procedure was conducted with the Ejido signature and seal.
On Semarnap, Munoz is not on Federal Zone, his property is the land on the side while Olivia is holding a Federal Zone concesion that allow her only to have a Restaurant and palapas, her rent of bungalows ai unlawful as is to sell alchoolic veverages there; also and clearly selling turtle is not allowed and is unlawful.
Clearly to obtain a right opinion we have to compare the same kind of proff to one side or the other.
What I am saying is that Munoz have all kind of legal verifiable and solid proffs while Olivia has only newspaper opinions sent by herself and her husband.
Also, some of you sy you smell a rat; as if somebody had put the turtle on her, but remember that she was caught cooking it in her restaurant with the heads in the restaurant kitchen by herself and her cook who was also detained; if somebody put her up to that she must have participated and accepted to cook it and that is her own action, not something put there by somebody.
She was caught by a Marine commando operative, with a Propesca representative and Semarnao representative who were looking to all the commercial kitchens and she was one of the two catched in the act; they argue that the turtle was for their own food but they had 2 big turtles for a couple of people that is incredible; that is why she is in trouble, not because her land problems; lest not loose objectivity.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 04:00 PM

As we know, they checked El Burro, the Hotel Buenaventura and several other kitchens, but in Bahia Concepcion only Olivia Higuera Aguilar in Restaurant El Zargazo and another Lady named Gorosabe on Requeson beach were caught selling and cooking it for sale, they caught another place near Constitucion, but they say they checked about 200 places with only those 3 catches.
The Propesca commisioner was in Baja for 3 days only coming from Sonora, so the operative was staged to take him to as many places as they could in those 3 days, his visit was published and only a fool may have been catched selling sea turtle, but aparently Olivia didn't care or didnt know of the area operative, but it was obvious, it was easter vacation, it happen all over Mexico, besides, those operatives should be more frequent.
Also, looks like a lot of people are very willing to accept sea turtle as food and don't mind people selling it, some sound like they are even hurt that she was caught in the act of cooking 2 big sea turtles, with a big pot of stew, 2 blody shells and 2 heads in her posesion.
My friends, that is a federal ofense and a hideous crime and more for sale, lets get our values straight and avoid double standards.
it is not up to us to decide how criminal this act is, it is a criminal act agaisnt nature, no way around.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 09:56 PM

Well Diver, even if I don’t write very often, that doesn’t make me new, I am registered since 2003 and that makes you the newcomer, not me, so I am not exactly new here, I am a tenant of Mr. Munoz who live in Buenaventura Beach and I am not stomping it down your throats, I just don't like wrong statements circulating without commenting on them and those are not my facts, those are public facts, legal facts that I know and that I have not just extracted from an newspaper; of course, I investigated it because it affect me, I live there, but I went to the bottom of it with my attorney and if you do that, you will find that Mr. Munoz simply is the land owner and that Olivia used to work for him and had only a power of attorney, then she was fired and got the Federal Zone on her name, while the Hotel that has never been hers, paid for it, and the bills are in the Hotel accounting to prove that fact; we the Buenaventura tenants have been there since 1994 and Munoz have been the owner since 1971 for what I know and with the Ejido knowledge and consent, I am not alone living there, Mr. Thad Braxton and Mr. Murphy and Mr. Stan Valentine also live there and all of them pay rent to Mr. Munoz not to Olivia, just ask to Mr. Stan Valentine how much money was extorted from him by Olivia and her husbands and if he has lost a penny with Mr. Munoz.
It just revolt my stomach to see how people just believe what Olivia print in the clearly interested party newspaper; just write to that newspaper and see if they print first page 8 columns 7 times what you said but they print even false statements from Olivia every time; yes there is a rat, but it is not Munoz and time will give me the reason, just wait for it, we really have time on Baja to wait for anything, or not?.
My question may be, why so much interest to protect a criminal? What I tell is a public true supported by public documents; why sustain the Olivia's myth as a victim when she is really the attacker and the known criminal; at this time she has 8 criminal prosecutions in Mulege and one Federal now; from wounding an American with intent to kill to robbery and damages and lying to authorities, just ask the district attorney in Mulege, not me; she was even sentenced for stealing from an American couple a few years back but anyway she never paid the money back; those are known facts by all the people who live near us and now you, because you asked suggesting a bad intention; if you ask, you will get hard facts about Olivia all over the place.

posted on 4-15-2009 at 10:29 PM

El iNVESTI8 of course I am Mexican by birth and my name is Eduardo Villa Arellano, I will never deny it, just worked hard in American and came back, my main language is Spanish, that fact is not a secret or the point here.
About protecting our houses, you are right because every year our houses get robed in October when we go to America, but armed guards are expensive and that is why we don't do it, but we really need them, that is true.
About calling Mr. Munoz "Mano Negra", it is a disrespect act, but it is because he always use a black glove, because of an industrial accident; also, as I told you, he has never taken anything from nobody here in Buenaventura Beach, just ask the hometenants here.
About the newspaper article saying that he took some houses in some other place, we laugh about it here, because he does not even know the place where those houses are, as they are shown on the newspaper and if you segest he took a house here, these houses are his property, we are just renting them from him, but anyway he has not taken anyone's house here.
Those are the lies I was talking about, printed in the newspaper without even corroborate them as true facts, clearly Olivias is trying to discredit him and she has a lot of expensive help and that is something that smell like a rat, but people who know him personally will always give you the real thing, he is not bad at all and will help anybody who need it, as many people can tell you here and in Mulege, we just don't care about the newspaper.
The other fact is that Olivia commited a crime by her own acts, may be a sting, but she fell for it, it is like as if I ask you to kill somebody and you do it; you will only do it if you are an assasin, even if it is a sting and stings are used to catch criminals all over the world, just ask Mr. Delorean.
The fact is that those sea turtles are dead because she cooked them to sell them as food and that is a crime, here in Mexico and in the USA too, she may had just refused to cook them as anyone of us would have done, I am sure.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 12:29 PM

Ok. first Sharkbaja
Those are lies, Requeson or Buenaventura roads never were closed, and if you know the area, through Requeson road you can access any other beach; there were other 3 entrances that were closed for security reason; as you must know, last year an American was killed in La Armenta and closing all those entrances enhanced the area security because to enter the beaches you have to pass in front of a lot of people; so the bottom of it is that the beaches never were closed and it was a complete lie as every authority there is, found out because motivate by 5, 8 columns first pages on El Sudcaliforniano went to verify and ask every person arround, but when they arrived, Requeson was full of people and completely open, the same for Buenaventura; the funny thing is that the day the first news came out, the Estate police was there because they were investigating the roberies in our area, so the Police commander and agents are withnesses that the beaches were never closed.
That is what I am talking about, you have to be there to know the true facts, the nespaper is printing every lie Olivia send them, without even checking on it.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 01:08 PM

ELINVEST8 now, you are bringing out exactly the right questions, lets comapare the two caracters and I know the two of them.
Engineer Rafael Munoz Martinez, also attorney at law, was a Senate Candidate for North Baja on the 2000 elections, he owned then the ABC Baja newspaper and has a lot of journalistic trophies, past president of 2 small land owners associations in Rosarito beach, he was teaching martial arts ar the Army School when he was 18 years old, advisor for 2 lawmakers, congresswoman Mercedes Erdman and Mercedes Maciel, he founder of the Workers Party in Rosarito Beach and security advisor for the Mexican Army, I would trust any amount of money to Munoz while feeling safe and more would be overkill ok, but remember thr Army connection.
Olivia Higuera Aguilar, she used to work for the Electrical Company in Mexicali Baja, whith her ex husband Michael, she started bringing all kind of stuf from Central Mexico and bought even an airplane, they were bringing even wores to Buenaventura restaurant and one of them run off with her husband; two of her older brothers were killed in drug wars in Mexicali, she is a realtive of Martin Anaya Gorosave and just check on that one with your local DEA; she has 8 open criminal prosecutions in Mulege one of them for injuryes to an American with intent to kill and now one Federal for the turtles; she is selling alchool without a legal Federal permit for Federal Zone, she rent a house when it it prohibited by law to sub lease any part of Federal Zone and now she was caught cooking and selling sea turtle; also all arround here we see the unloading of boats at 3 AM and the next day a lot of policemen coming for 10 minute visits to her restaurant and have seen the army trying to catch them running all over the beach several times, she was sentenced along with her ex husband Mike for taking in a fraudulent way money from Mr. and Mrs. Christ, a couple who gave them money to build a house and got nothing and she never paid back a cent; she took more than $250,000 USD from my neighbor Mr. Stan Valentine who never got a cent back.
To who would you trust some money?
Also a lot of times, Olivia and Mark refuse service to Mexicans in her restaurant and refuse to grant access to the boats ramp and that is also against the law.
As you see, you have to know facts first hand to really have an opinion, but don't belive me, ask my neighbors who are Americans like Mr. Thad and Lora Jones at thadbrax@yahoo.com , or Mr. Stan Valentine or Mr. Murphy at TERRYRMURF@aol.com who are deffending themselves from Agrarian claims from Olivia, who is trying to get their houses. and gues who is helping us to keep our houses, Mr. Munoz.
posted on 4-16-2009 at 01:46 PM

BajaGringo
Concerning the land, I am sorry to tell you that the land at this minute is not subjected to any trial, because the Ejido La Purisima backed up their claims against Munoz, because they found out through official channels that Munoz property title was good and legal after a 2 years investigation by the Federal Police because an Olivia claim, so there is never going to be a Supreme Court ruling because there is no trial, the only trials are Olivia against the home tenants, JUICIO AGRARIO: TUA-48-047/2006. POBLADO LA PURÍSIMA MUNICIPIO DE COMONDÚ and others against us;
trying to collect $250,000 USD from each one of us, but it has already been proved that her Ejido Land is 1 Km north of Munoz property and does not everlap.
At this minute nobody is challenging Munoz property rights in any court, all the claims have already been dropped after investigation.
Also, our topic was not about the land, it was about the morality of killing turtles and cooking them for sale; this started because I see that many of us, take this ban as a shalow thing, like if the bad thing is that she was caught cooking a big stew pot, with 2 bloody shells and two turtle heads in her trash can, all this in a restaurant full of people waiting for the food.
You acuse me of being biased, but I see a lot of bias from people who do not personally know the real facts or Mr. Munoz or the whole story.
Also you acuse Munoz of drug connections and say it as if you know it for a fact; if you knew him, you will know it is exactly the oposite, he is on the other side and I know that Olivia use Crack and cocaine because I have been there and I know that with Munoz, he don't even smoke cigaretes and drugs are out of the question.
My friends, any one of you have access to DEA, just ask for the two of them, you will get a very different opinion about both of them; there Mr. Munoz is known as Mr. Munoz while Olivias is known as "La Vaquera" and her Mafia realtive as "El Gordo" and just look at the records there.
Of course I am angry, but I am mad about those drug landings on our beach at 3:30 AM, the roberies and violence against all of us, who suposedly came to Baja to a paradise.
I also know a lot of people who think Olivia is a nice people, but not many Mexicans think like that, or for that matter any person who lives on Buenaventura beach Mexican or American.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:00 PM

tripledigitken
Don't worry, Munoz is not selling, but fore sure if it comes to that, I will any time buy a house from Mr. Munoz without losing my sleep and with time I asure you, this place is going to be one of the safest and legal places on Baja, we are not just reading newspapers, we are doing something and yes I am extremely biased against killing turtles and losing my house to Olivia.
posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:02 PM

I forgot, slender is when you tell lies, just try to prove any of my words as a lie, you would find even more and more on the same direction, that is why I became bias, I wasn't, now I am, because I investigated myself.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:04 PM

Also Jesee, others already noticed it, why are you so adamant on defending her? what is your bias or hiden interest?

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:19 PM

Bajajack
all of us give a cram, we live here and we ant to live in a lawful place, that is why we are in board, reading about Baja

posted on 4-16-2009 at 02:51 PM

Bajagringo
You are right, you did not said anything on Mafia, but we are discussing a topic here and others did it and I asure you the one who said it, got the point
It looks like many of our board friends make questions, but don't like the answers from people who are there and when it involves personal action, they preffer to just talk, but we who live here have to act and that is why we know every fact and when you get personally involved, sooner or latter you make your descision on where to stand and I am there, I know where I am standing and what I want, a clean and safe and drug free Baja with all its beauty parts in place for now and the future; here we are just talking, but you ask questions that have an answer that cost us a lot of actions and money to investigate.
Of course sooner or latter Olivia will come in Line, but she will not be able to explain why she killed the turtles or why she kooked them in her restaurant.
On the property question, I know that many of you don't know and don't really care to investigate yourselves, actions are only for the affected people like me or my neighbors, but if you are not ready to make a judgement, don't give opinions on matters that you are not ready to corroborate and give a first hand opinion; here in internet, we have the responsability to say the true facts we know, but also you can be questioned by anybody, even with fool questions or by people not really concerned who just say worng things, but that is the beauty of Internet, it is free speech, just if you ask, be ready to analyze the information you get back and this is not for you Bajagringo, is fo all of our board friends.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 03:00 PM
Jesee
you afirm that both are wrong, do you personally know any of them to afirm that any of them are wrong? I do, I know both of them and read the same newspapers, only I have first hand information, I am here and I can tell you, she in free on bail, Propesca will fine her $750,000 pesos, Profepa something similar and Semarnap will close her retaurant forever and those are news you will read in the same newspapers in the near future.
You really want to be able to say who is wrong, just go to the Agrarian Tribunal there in La Paz and ask, even the dogs outside know about this, but get first hand information and then tell us what you found.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 10:30 PM

Bajagringo
To Munoz, I consider him as a friend but he is also my landlord, and you will find that same answer from all the house tenants in Buenaventura beach, to Munoz Industries, I would like to have a relationship, but no, sorry for me but I don't have any.

posted on 4-16-2009 at 10:49 PM

Skipjakjoe
About the turtles you are completely wrong since we have always tried to protect the sea turtles, some times when the fishermen bring the turtles for sale as meat, only some times they have them all tied up but alive and on those ocasions I have paid for them as meat and then released them in to the sea, they sell them for as little over a hundred dollars a big one and when I have them I do it; the crime is to harm them, not to pay to release them; all my neighbors really care about the Bahia Concepcion enviroment, it is our yard, I snorkel a lot, the same as them and the rays and the turtles are a joy to watch free, but the ray killings ar very high too.
On Olivia, she deserve this and more; I wont do anything to create her a harm but she do it herself prety good anyway.
If Olivia were a good neighbor, she may stay there forever as it concern to me, but she is not, she is the debil in paradise; I know she used to be better but her actions dictate our feelings; we used to go to her restaurant with Feliciano and have a good time, but now it is imposible, she is always high on something; she used to be beautyful, but just look at her now.
Anyway, now she is a known liar and an adict who cant control herself and that is why she have not been able to reach an agreement with Munoz; I know that he at one time he offered her $50,000 USD to avoid conflicts but, she went and started the fight; just a few days ago, in front of me, Munoz asked her to propose something within reason and the next day she started with the lies in the newspaper about closing the beaches.
What would you do with a neighbor like that? love her? No, I don't even apreciate her now and as soon as she go out of Buenaventura, the better for everybody, she is just prolonging her agony.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:31 AM

buenaventura

To all concerned; yes, I have been involved in many different and some very bad situations, affecting my business for more de 19 years, my reputation, my image and my life of all the ones I love including our families and friends. I am not going to tell you all of the details of this lately federal offense that indeed happened in my restaurant on Saturday April 11th, Easter weekend, because is and going to be under investigation. I am working in my restaurant and my business is open that’s a big plus, yes it is a huge felony and you don’t stay out to tell the story, you go straight to a federal prison and might be 1 to 9 years in jail, but who ever is trying to nail me down didn’t do it right. I was not selling “soup”, I DID NOT KNOW because the food was bring to my restaurant cooked and ready to be serve, I was not making money with it, it was for a group of Mexican families from Ensenada and they were going to pay for the drinks and service as well for the use of the facilities of the beach and restaurant. The officials from Pesca and Sagarpa including the marines were there for hours and DID NOT find any illegal and/or out of season species in my freezers or refrigerators, what they found in a pick-up truck outside the restaurant in the garbage containers was these plastic bag with parts of a turtle, 2 heads, 4 fins and the chest or bottom part of it, NO BLOOD OR GUTS. Also parts were in a plastic bag type that I do not have here. No other parts were found.

Someone called after dropping off a blue covered pot at my restaurant and said “there is a pot blue with turtle at Buenaventura. Parts of turtle in trash, and drugs under the computer.

Rafael Munoz “el mano negra” mentions that I have several reports in Mulege for different “crimes” but HE does’nt say that he is the one that made all these accusations against me and fail in all of them.

If anyone has questions about me and wants to know more about these nightmare feel free to come to my restaurant, because I am not going to play this BS that Munoz plays.

Muchas gracias, Olivia Higuera.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 08:10 AM

I am very proud of my wife Olivia who is 51 years. I think she has done very well against Munoz. We have been dealing with this individual for nearly seven years. Now with reading his posts some of you know what we have enured for all these years.

I have some handsome pictures of Rafael Munoz that i would like to share. How do i attach to a post?

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:28 PM

Well the poachers appeared
Mark is saying now that I am a bodyguard, hope I look like one at least; well it is hard to be a bodyguard for Munoz when I am here in Buenventura while he has been in New York for 3 weeks now, don't you think? Mark I saw you a couple of times today, you even told me you will do something against my life and Munoz life yesterday, don't you remember? and you claim that you know Munoz is not here, something that is true, rare on yourself but true this time; you don't make any sense but we are begining to uncover you and really understand you.
Last time you were saying that Olivia was cooking the stew for your own consumption in Loreto and now you are saying that it was already prepared and was going to be served for some Ensenada families.
I would like to know any person here in this board who knowing that it is illegal sea turtle will serv it in his house.
Well, I can now call you a poacher and a liar freely and you know I will do it to your face, it is not the first time.
Concerning your brush with the Mexican army, why don't you tell them that that day 2 boats were being unloaded ar 3:30 Am on your ramp and when you saw that some people were looking at you, everybody ran; of course the the military arrived late because miraculously the hotel telephone was burned that same morning and the hotel pick up tires were punctured; I know, random events of course.
You start not looking like victims anymore.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:36 PM

O and Caboron
we have heard those screams coming from Olivia's restaurant several times and also a nice pigy was killed there very cold fashion by Mark, with a knife; I was unable to even touch jam for a month after that; also remember that you killed one our little dogs, only 3 months old with a shovel Mark; just don't try to hide it, it is showing this time all over the place.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:42 PM

Just to check on the Sudcaliforniano news, we went today to Santa Rosalia to fix our phone and just for fun went to Santa Ines the place where the newspaper claim Munoz took some houses, for your information, there, they don't even know who Munoz is; then how is it possible that El Sudcaliforniano keep printing your screams every time, even if they are not true and this one anyone can check, just look for somebody from that area, even you Mark.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 06:44 PM

Oliguacamole or bether said Olivia Higuera Aguilar, I am intense because it is illegal to kill sea turtles and the turtles losses can not be cut like you cut their necks; what do you feel when they scream Olivia?

osted on 4-17-2009 at 07:00 PM

BajaGringo please read and see that even Olivia and Mark know me, they said that I am Munoz bodyguard but I am not fore sure I don't have the body or the training; she is calling me her neighbor don't you see and yes we are neighbors and we know each other very well and I know them too well for their own good by now.
you try to make an issue because we use Munoz computer to write, sorry but everything here is his property, even the computers and satellite connection and email accounts; please don't try to confuse the fact that we are talking about protecting the eviroment here, that is the topic, don't loose it.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:09 PM

Well, I se Olivia just went offline without answering, she noticed that she inclriminated herself, well, remember when I told you that she does the worst harm to herself; I rest my case, good night.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 07:15 PM

O and Olivia, now that you mention the end of lower Agrarian court trials, dont forget to tell them that those cases are against us your neighbors, that you are trying to take our homes from us and collect $250,000 USD from each one of us, you lost against Munoz, but you are still going against us; just go to court and see that our appeal is in, so don't be so happy so soon.

posted on 4-17-2009 at 11:50 PM

Ok, Bajagringo, you keep on believing that I am Munoz, even if it has no consequence for this discussion, but for your information, the Munoz Industries email is the email used here at the hotel for reservations by internet and is very public; the hotel and everything incluiding the computers are Munoz Property, and I mean the houses where we live too; if you want to communicate with Munoz, you have to use the same email and that is director@munoz-industries.com and that will come to the hotel also, he has private emails, but just email him direct and he will answer, he reads everything and he has always been a gentlemen; also his english is a lot better than mine, but lets keep to our topic.
Today the Hotel Buenaventura got an email from Green Peace and they are going to press the federal authorities to make an example of these poachers and also from other pro nature organizations that have read about this HERE and came through the hotel webpage and yes through the same Munoz emails that we can see here.
Looks like the poachers are not going to have it as easy as they tought; closing of the restaurant is asured and voiding of the Federal Zone concesion a must.
I also found out that killing a turtle has a heavier penalty than killing a human; if you kill a human and show at least some self preservation you will stay only 2 to 4 years in jail while a killing a turtle carry a 12 years jail sentence, more fore who cook it, sell it and or transport it.
I also called Munoz about this conversation I have been having and he will enter the board in the next few days; looks like I am a lot more expresive than he is.

posted on 4-18-2009 at 12:54 PM

My friends, for that matter, at one time I was corossing the border Tijuana San Diego with new boots bought in Tijuana, those were turtle leather; at the San Ysidro border entrance, Customs confiscated my boots and didn't charged me, but I was afraid to looose my greencard then; happyly I was able to demostrate that I had just bought the boots in a legal shoe store and I know that that store was closed a few weeks later, so it is no easy thing to posses, transport, sale or even use sea turtle products.
Actually the law forbids the harrasing, catching, harming, sale and transportation of sea turtles or its products or derivates; if you have an old shell, it is not a crime as long as you don't transport it, sale it or cross the border with it.
On the other side, Olivia was catched with two fresh LOODY shells from 2 sea turtles, being cooked on her restaurant stove in a big pot, with the two real fresh heads in the kitchen INSIDE trash container; also she accept that she was warming it as a favor to some Ensenada families who were inside her restaurant for free while every person who know Olivia must know that she would never do that for free, that is an imposibility, she always charge for everything, no exception and even her friends know that.
My friends, also note that the hotel has no telephone at this moment, since last boat unlodading on Olivia's Restaurant and the Propesca raid was after that, so the tip could not have come from the Buenaventura hotel and we know that the only other telephone 15 miles orround is in Olivia's restaurant, so the tip must have come from her restaurant, maybe one customer or employee or husband of her did it and since she charge for telephone use, she must know who did the on time calls.
Also, Mark was not there very conveniently and since he is the restaurant co owner, or at least he say that, it is extrange, don't you think.
But anyway, they are known poachers now, they even accept that they had the Sea Turtle in their restaurant for their customers service free or not, they say free, but that is hard to believe even for her adamant protectors here.
The real question is, Do we condone the actual serving of Sea Turtle in a restaurant today???????
It is not a matter that in the past we like it or not, because I used to like it; not as a tradition, because it was not; they just were selling it all over Tijuana; it was not like turky tradition, we just were able to get it anyplace; of course in Baja, if you went to an able home, they will offer the best and that was Sea Turtle, now they offer shrimp the same way, or fish; Sea Turtle was not a tradition, it was the best at that time; now only the ones who are able to brake the law with impunity do it, being a corrupt governor or politician, but it is like inviting you to be their associate in crime.
We are not loosing tradition when we are not able to serve Sea Turtle in our homes, we can still make that dish, they call it Cahuamanta; it taste the same, the flavor is the same except it is made of fish, ray meat and beef' so the tradition can continue without the Sea Turtles participation.
When all over the world the lawmakers in our representation, baned the Sea Turtles from our tables and menus, it was for a reason; the sea turtles were being hunted to extintion; one way or the other, the Sea Turtles were gone from the tables, also they have become extremely expensive.
So we have not lost a tradition, we have not lost the excuisite dish and we are very willing to see the turtles sweeming in the sea, very alive.
We just need to take a step in to an active position and really protect the remaining sea turtles with our condoning or repudiating the ones that break that law, being a governor, a politician, a policeman, a restaurant owner or a friend who serve it at home when he invite you. that is the question for us here ???????????

posted on 4-18-2009 at 01:36 PM

Baja gringo
Still unable to solve that one; if you check in the internet Munoz curriculum vitae, you will notice that he is a Civil Engineer, an attorney at law, speaks spanish, english and some italian; also he studied Physics, Electromechanical engineering, a lot of computng systems and know several programing languages; does that sound like a guy who can do that and more ? and of course would not make as many mistakes as the humble of me.
Anyway, just listen to Olivia and Mark, the interested parties, they KNOW ME, they think I am his bodyguard, but are unable to explain how come the bodyguard is enjoying the Baja beaches while the principal in in New York; doesent sound like the bodyguards I see in the movies at least.

posted on 4-18-2009 at 04:06 PM

Baja Gringo
I would prefer to remain out of this discussion for now, because there is an ongoing Federal investigation about the facts being discussed here. But as an attention to my friend Eddy, I will make a small contribution of the facts known to be true, I know Eddy was there himself and he is not a liar as far as I know, so I also think the same way he does, so just take his worlds as mine too, Olivia and Mark know I am not afraid of telling it to their faces also, I have done it many times.
Baja gringo, What you know, is where an Internet protocol (IP) is assigned, and it is assigned where it enter the Physical Internet network, when it is dynamic and uploaded to a satellite connection, It goes up the satellite stream in pockets and then down at the Internet Service Provider (ISP) where it is assigned the Dynamic IP, where it enters the physical network; and since my Satellite Service Provider for Buenaventura Hotel is in Tijuana, it is not bizarre you find that. Also, you will find that, if you locate the dynamic IP for my personal computer which is where I am sending this comment from, it will always be in Tijuana. I have a contract for wireless broadband connection with Telcel in Tijuana and that means, that from any place in continental America, it goes through the 3G Cellular networks, all the way to Tijuana and then it enters there to the physical Internet network. So, I may be in any place in the world and as long as I use that connection, the dynamic IP is going to be a Tijuana assigned; so much for you as a spy. But this is just a technical distraction since the main issue is solved, I uphold Eddie’s words as mine and he has my permission to use my Hotel Buenaventura address and connections. Just take it as if I had said it; Is that enough for you?
Please, Eddie has a big mouth but, he seems to feel like he needs to set the record straight, I don’t. Your comments here do not affect me, in any way, I only do it because it is not fair that you keep putting in doubt Eddie’s ideas, just because you don’t believe he is who he is. He is and has my complete support if that is what you wanted to know, he is also not my bodyguard, he is shorter than me, I am the martial arts expert, not him, it would work better the other way around.
Why do we know so much about Olivia’s investigation? Because I have several of my attorneys looking for ways that the law is not violated here. She has done it locally for years, Federal is another sphere and she was caught by several law enforcement organizations with interlocking actions and interest. Also, we have a presidential directive to fight organized crime and nature organizations are starting to act against her.
Why she was caught? She was caught, because she is under a Federal police microscope, for her boat unloading at 3:00 AM since years ago and this is not a secret anyplace anymore. They were unable to catch her last time, but for sure the whole deal was observed by law officials and at that time, it was no longer my say or my friends say anymore, everything else is a consequence.
Why is she so upset about me, because I put a whole system of cameras, even robotic cameras with 250 x zoom and starlight with the stream uploaded to internet instantly and that system has been recording all her movements for months, including all the law officials’ visits after the landings? This data is not in my possession anymore, so don’t get any ideas.
Mark, you try to appear like a hurt husband by unfair attacks on your poor wife. Those accusations have been there for years, and as I remember, you ran from me every time I catch you in my property, not in a rhetoric way, you really run fast. Also, tell us why you are with a lady 20 years older than you, that is by far no longer a beauty even if she was when she was younger and not so much in to drugs, I recognize. Also, many people saw you very happy when she was arrested saying that you were now the owner.
Olivia may be many things, including now a poacher, but she has always been a lady, why are you so afraid that she may make a deal with me? Remember last time when you practically dragged her from my presence, when she told me she wanted a deal? Mark, act like a gentlemen and let the lady off, you are never going to be a millionaire as you dreamed; the lady deserves a fair chance in life, you are making her make life changing mistakes.

*****posted on 4-21-2009 at 03:19 PM

This is Rafael Muñoz Martinez, since a lot of what is said here is always put in doubt, I want to share some verifiable information from reputable sources, sorry it is in Spanish, but I don’t want somebody to say I miss translated:
--------------------------------------
De: Everardo Mariano Melendez <emariano@conanp.gob.mx>
Fecha: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:19:42 -0500
Para: Aarón Esliman <aaron@grupotortuguero.org>, Everardo Mariano Melendez <ever1234@hotmail.com>, Ernesto Israel Popoca Arellano <epopoca@conanp.gob.mx>
Asunto: RE: Restaurante sorprendido vendiendo Caguama en Bahia Concepcion, Mulege B.C.S.

Hola Aarón,

Efectivamente fueron detenidas dos personas del sexo femenino, con pruebas evidentes de dos tortugas que preparaban para guiso de caguama, fueron remitidas ante el ministerio público federal por delitos ambientales, la PGR atrajo el caso y hasta lo último que supe fueron procesadas. Se les encontró en el acto y con las evidencias periciales.

En Loreto nos pidieron ayuda para buscar depositarios del producto y le fue turnado el caso a PROFEPA. Me parece que este tipo de revisiones a restaurantes debiese ser con mayor frecuencia y poner una alerta que tanto es culpable quien la captura como quien la consume.

Estamos en contacto!

Saludos.
Ever

Everardo Mariano Meléndez
Encargado del Despacho
Parque Nacional Bahía de Loreto
Tel: (613) 11350477
Paseo Pedro de Ugarte S/N
Col. Misioneros.
Loreto, B.C.S.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Aarón Esliman [mailto:aaron@grupotortuguero.org]
Enviado el: mié 15/04/2009 17:40
Para: Everardo Mariano Melendez; Everardo Mariano Melendez; Ernesto Israel Popoca Arellano
Asunto: FW: Restaurante sorprendido vendiendo Caguama en Bahia Concepcion, Mulege B.C.S.

Hola Ever, me acaba de llegar esto, sabes algo de este asunto, creo que
sería bueno investigar por allá que apso con esto, se ve bastante feo y me
encantaría poder contestar algo a este cuate. Se los encargo mucho.
Saludos
Aarón
----------------------------
So I am not making it up, and Olivia was caught in fraganti cooking the Sea Turtle stew pot in her restaurant for sale to a lot of people, detained, put in jail and she is free on bail, pending the administrative and criminal sanctions. Also, it makes clear that Mexican reputable Nature Organizations are promoting the checking and pressing for the convictions, not me.
Some of you are right, Olivia or Oliguacamole just lost the little credibility she had here, because she invented something without knowing the Middle Eastern costumes; the true is that I almost always use a glove, because of an industrial accident that happened in one of my business; I am a Civil engineer, but also studied Law and I am an attorney at law, but as I say, I studied law to protect myself from my own attorneys, so it happened to me when saving an employee of mine; I have my hand, so it is also false that I don’t have it or chopped off; it was burned and I can’t control the temperature, so it does not get cold I almost always use the glove but I have the use of it, it is even evident on the photo Olivia shared with you and the Sudcaliforniano and it is becoming clear who try to deceive you.
On the fact that Eddie said that I own my 1000 Has. Lot since 1971 when I was 18 years old, it is only partially true, because I claimed the property at that time, but my private property title was issued in 1988 and a complement on 1992; I bought it from the Federal Government and the validity of it was checked by the Federal Police and a Federal Judge thanks to Olivia and Mark, who denounced me formally of having a falsified title and at this moment the Federal Police and the Federal Judge declared my title lawful; Olivia Know of it because that is the cause why the Ejido La Purisima, dropped their claims against my title and me; also because in my file, they in 1985 ageed to my limits and signed and put their seal in agreement on an official document, so I have no quarrel with the Ejido and if Olivia is part of the Ejido she should have done the same, but she is trying to collect from my American tenants, but that is a legal battle that do not affect me and should not be part of this.
On Federal Zone, there you are in my knowledge sphere, It is very important for you who live near the sea to know what is Federal Zone and what is not: Federal zone according to the law, is a 20 mts. strip of land measured WHEN THE COAST HAS A BEACH AND THE SOLID GROUND BESIDE THE BEACH IS LESS THAN 30 DEGREES; ONLY THERE THE FEDERAL ZONE WILL BE MEASURED; this is very important because if there is no beach there is no Federal Zone and you should not pay for it and this is the law since 1992 by decree; I know that this is not exactly the information the Federal Zone officials want you to know, because what you pay for it, is in some cases 30% of the city income as is in Rosarito Beach; there, I as an expert witness won the cases for Castillos del Mar and others, so it is a tested in court true; they want everybody to believe that the Federal Zone is 20 mts. From the sea, but it is not, since on cleefs there is no Federal Zone, or where the solid ground is more than 30 degrees there is also not a Federal Zone. (If you need details, just write me and I will give you exact details on the law.)
Another very important fact on Federal Zone is that even if you have the Federal Zone concession, you cannot charge for people using it or crossing it, you can only use the consession only for the use authrized; also it is unlawful to sub lease any part of a concession; Federal Zone if public property and no way around it; also you cannot sell alcohol on it or rent houses on it since it would be sub leasing; nobody can charge you for going to the beach, they can rent you an umbrella, but they cannot prevent you from using it. Then you the Wagon Masters here will say “O but you charge” it is true, I charge you for overnight parking your buses on my property, because I have a parking permit but if you go on foot and leave your bus on the highway, nor me, or anybody can prevent you from using the beach, any land owner by law have to allow people to walk to the beach, not by car, walk; you can see that the hotels always leave a narrow passage to the beach, enough to walk but not for vehicles, but in my case I allow free parking on my property during the day and only when you stay overnight I charge them and that because they use the bathroom and the water cost me, since I bring it by truck from Mulege 30 miles north.
Olivia does not have a parking permit because it is forbidden to park or use vehicles on the Federal Zone, you can only park or drive vehicles on the property, out of federal zone and she has not been noticing that I allow her customers to park on my property without paying, but I can legally close her access to the restaurant at any time I want. She even has to ask for my permission to cross my property and I have a letter signed by her, asking for that permission and if she denies it I can show it, it was signed by her in front of a Navy Captain who also signed as witness.
I know that most of what Olivia do is because she don’t know the law and its details and that is why I say that if I disagree with her, she has always been a lady, not a true telling lady but a lady.
Also so you can understand me, the Property tax on my property is $850,000 USD a year and that is way over the $5000 USD they pay and those prices were put there by the lawmakers and that is done to force people to develop the valuable properties, but we will never do it with places like Olivia there that cannot be moved or have a real money obligation according to what they prevent.
On the fact that she got the Federal Concession, I can comment and prove that she paid for that concession with the hotel funds and the payments are in the Hotel accounting books and if she is not the Hotel owner, she took personal advantage of being at one time the Hotel manager, with a power of attorney only (hope she does not denies it because I have a public notary document where she accept that, “she does not own any part of the hotel”). Also just consider, I have a $750,000 USD investment in the hotel, pay taxes on the hotel and the property, while she rent a Federal Zone house without paying any taxes, because it is unlawful to do it, she sells liquor without paying for a federal permit or tax and she uses my property as her parking, because in Federal zone, she has no area, because she use it with buildings, that cannot be there, because in Federal zone you cannot put permanent buildings.

posted on 4-22-2009 at 02:09 PM

Good question. From Oliguacamoles's Own words, or Olivia's or Mark own words here, they accepted and said here that they were going to serve the stew to a group of Ensenada families, now the turtle was planted, make up your mind, because you lies are showing up here Olivia.
Ok you made a big mistake, just accept it; you know it will cost you a lot of money, but I don't think more than that, depending on how good they got you and how hard the Nature organizations press to make an example of you, but you know that usually that do not happen, so just tell the true story.
by the way the black hotel's truck is in Loreto at the mechanic, do you want to check, also all my employees are in the hotel if you want to check also.
I also agree that the people who was waiting to eat the turtles should have been prosecuted and Olivia must know who they are since she was making them a really big favor by warming the turtle stew; you will do that free only for people who are very familiar with you so just ask them to come forward and take the heat from you; if you don't know them, it means that it was for sale
Olivia, you are hanging yourself with your own words
Also Mark, you threatened my employees yesterday in Mulege at the tire store with killing them like it will happen to me; how is it that you are very brave only with women, why don you threaten me in my face next time you see me instead of runing like like you always do ???????? many people say you are a nice guy, but nice guys do not threaten to kill people, or they do??? let see you next time and you know you will see me.

posted on 4-22-2009 at 09:58 PM

Mark, this is not the first time you do it, only most of the times you do it in a situation where there is your word against some one else and you never were brave enough to try it with me, but several times you have done it to women working in the hotel, only this time you did it in town, in front of another people and in front of the tire store employees who were able to confirm that you went to them while changing a tire; I mention it this time because you did it in public in in front of withness in a demostrabe way.
I know, dog that barg don't bite but what boders me is that this NICE GUY who sells sea turtle, do it only to women while always run when confronted with men; you by experience know that you can not fight with me, you went down at the first blow last time you tried to atack us, Juan also put you down when you atacked the mail man but that is no excuse to now do it exclusively with woman.
I own the place with property titles, I have a Hotel, you have only a concession on a 20 mts strip that belong to public property; you violate the law in several ways, who do you think will go?
I have never even bothered your employees, but you know you do it all the time up to the point of going in to my hotel to tell people that you rent a house cheaper, or you will denie it too Mark?

posted on 4-22-2009 at 10:01 PM

Sorry, but I have no court date, it is only Olivia Against 4 Americans from who she is trying to take their house; since the Ejdio droped their claims against me, I am not a part of the claims; she was claiming that my titles were false and those have already proved true, so I have no court apointment, I won already; sorry I ca not say the same for the 4 Americans.
yes it may be boring, but this board is 11 pages long with a lot of people saying something

posted on 4-25-2009 at 09:50 AM

ELINVEST8
1.- Olivia and Mark quit bringing and selling drugs to Buenaventura beach
2.- She and Mark quit acting like gangsters
3.- Let the District Atorney solve all the claims for good or bad, do not brive them.
4.- Quit bothering the Americans about their houses in Agrarian Court.
5.- Just stay in Federal Zone, do not invade my property
6.- One extra sorry DO NOT HARM AMIMALS.

Are those so difficult???? I think they are.

posted on 4-26-2009 at 11:30 PM

ELINVEST8
1.- We have seen the boats unloadings at 3 AM and I mean law enforcement officers and me but soon she will se about that.
2.- Friday, Mark did not let Mr. Thad Braxton put his boat in the water because he was going to give two mexicans a ride, he threatend my life and his with 2 more witnesses and the formal complain will be presented to the district attorney tomorrow, Wednesday he threatened 2 of my employees in Mulege in front of other people; is that acting as a gangster enough.
3.- Because we have 8 formal complains against Olivia and Mark for robery, robery with violence, lying to judicial authorities, damages and she has one from Jimmy Rusell for wounds with intent to kill and the complains have been lost several times, never acte upon or sent to the judge with obvious flaws to be rejected; the Estate District attorney is under invesigation at this time for those flaws that are allowing Olivia and Mark to be free.
4.- The houses are in my property and at this time my prpperty is beyond doubt thanks to her, not in Federal Zone.
5.- She on a daily basis, croses over my property with her verhicles, use my property and do not attend warnings no to use my property; if you try to stop her, she will attack you with violence, that is why she have so many formal complains; she try to build a house over my property and there is a formal complain for that too, we stoped them.
6.- Yes, Mark killed a pig on a very sadistic way with a knife, the pig was like a pet for everybody, he killed one of our dogs ith a shovel in front of several people and there are morebut not to my personal experience.

1.- Her claim for rent on American people living IN MY PROPERTY, when the Ejido dropped its claims because it was proved that my property is NOT EJIDO LAND and Olivia's contract is one mile north of my property.
4.0 you can see El Sudcaliforniano, she has published 8 columns first page 7 times lies against me that were proved false by the authorities.
6.- The property title was proved true by the Federal Police and the federal judge, if it had not hapened that way, I would be in jail at this time, there is no open investigation against me for that, all the charges proved false; she has acused me of taking the property from her but her charges have been dropped because I have proved to be the legal owner while she only has a private contract with the ejido for a piece of land 1 mile north of mine.

posted on 4-27-2009 at 10:54 PM

You are certainly right, those acts are being denounced to the proper authorities, but there the problem arises, she buy them.
Today she invaded my property again, she is trying to build with heavy equipment over Federal one even if that is forbiden by law, I will send you soon photos of these acts.
My friends, the poor turtles are being forgoten by the authorities but not for long since I know paper is flying from one office to the other, soon those will reach Olivia and maybe the turtles will be vindicated and their sacrifice will serve to save some others.
Well from now on I will just report new acts of vandalism by Olivia with proff.
Why I do it? why do you think?, if she can commit any crime and not be prosecuted, the only defense is making it public, don't you agree?
it is simple.

posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:22 PM

Sorry Pescador, but to talk you have to know.
A concession is the right to DO the activity being allowed by it, but it does not mean you own the place; if you build a ramp in Federal Zone, you are building on Public property and the instant you build it, it belongs to Public Property and nobody can charge for the use of public property or deny the use of public property. Also there can be several different concessions for different people on the same area, for different uses. The ignorance of the law is what makes Olivia make so many mistakes, but it is as easy as to just read the concession papers.
Today those guys not allowed to use the ramp, talked to the Federal Zone and Mulege City officials, they asked them to make a formal complaint against the American, who did, that because it is a Federal Offense, a city violation and a Federal Zone violation; the City major will watch that the District attorney do fallow the law in this case because there have been too many incidents on that restaurant El Zargazo where the law was not applied.
The Federal Zone officials also said that Olivia came to them to try to force me to tear down my perimeter fence, but they denied to act because I have proved my property rights beyond any doubt and confirmed that it is unlawful to deny the use of the ramp to any person, since Olivia and Mark only have the right to use it, also said that the ramp is not on Federal Zone, it is in Marine Zone that is National Property, Federal Zone is the strip that start where the high tide water ends and the beach start, where the water at high tide start, is Marine Zone not Federal Zone and absolutely nobody can prohibit the access to a Marine Zone.
Also Mark (American) and Olivia (Mexican) are lying about not charging or pretending not to charge for people having lunch at the beach, they continually try but are not allowed by us, at least in front of my hotel, we have stopped them hundreds of times, specially Mark and think how a Mexican National feel when an American come and talk to him in English and try to charge him for the use of the beach or out with the police, he had a lot of problems with people, but he is good at intimidating people, specially women, those are his specialty.

posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:46 PM

Mark, why dont you take me to court to make me tear down my fence? or why don't you complain in criminal court for me putting it up?
O but you did try it, but were turned away because you have no right to any land and I have demostrated that I own the place; wel keep trying.
I put the perimeter fence around my property because it is my right to do so and you weren't able to do anything against it, because you are not the owners of anything.
At this time you only have the right to use the Federal Zone to sell food but ONLY in movable structures, in other words in a movable cart, not in permanent buildings, that is against the law because you deny the right to use it to other persons, just read your concession.
I know you were bribing the Federal Zone guys, but new and honest are coming from Mexico City to see if you are using the Federal Zone in the way you are allowed to, and do you know why they are comming, because your newspaper articles

posted on 4-28-2009 at 06:54 PM

For those that remember the Turtles, Mexico City District Attorney asked today for the L

[Edited on 10-8-2010

MsTerieus - 10-8-2010 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamigo
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

Me, too. Can someone do an executive summary so that we're all well informed about this important issue?
:?:

There IS an executive summary -- about half way through the thread. I think Wessongroup wrote it. But it's up to YOU to find it. :lol:

[Edited on 10-8-2010 by MsTerieus]

MsTerieus - 10-8-2010 at 11:21 AM

Hey, Wessongroup. While you're at it, maybe you can find your previous summary and cut and paste it here, at the end of the thread? (At least, I HOPE it's the end of the thread!!!) :lol:

Racing Green Jag XK-8 convertible

wessongroup - 10-8-2010 at 11:26 AM

Good luck with an end.. I was hoping too for an update, if any on events... from "court".. not a narrative on he said, she said again

A short version:

"Two arrested at a Bahia Concepcion restaurant for possessing prohibited turtle meat and parts. Agents seized ample evidence of the crime; they have the head, shell, and a big bag of stew."

That's it... the rest just started growing with charge and counter charges on this board.. as to motivation, character et al associated with the individual and/or individuals arrested and the "owner" of said property.....

Oh, by the way, one thing that is safe down here ... British Racing Green Jag XK-8 convertible ..... no one would steal it.. as it would be the only one around... even changing the color would not hide it !!!! and parting it out... would not make any sense..

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-8-2010 at 12:33 PM

Wessongroup it was on the page before this one!

say what ... moderate Muslims or ....... is that Islam

wessongroup - 10-8-2010 at 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Wessongroup it was on the page before this one!

David... Saw on page 87 lencho's attached image of comitan's graphic.. showing only page 59, with a date of 10-7-2010 at 19:17.. it however does not show which thread topic, only the date and time, and that it is page 59.. one can only assume that it inferred to relate to this thread...

On that page I posted four (4) times.. all were text.. using the page numbers.. that are coming up on my computer...

I have now posted a graphic on this page which will change things... but, I wanted also to have a record of this too.. and now there is one.

Goat.. Did not see the need to retype the entire chronology, as I went through the entire thread and culled exactly what I said ... all of the responses from Mr Munoz.. up until page 70, but that was prior to Jesse, pulling down most all of his posts, which changed page numbers.

You may be correct, it may be the longest posts on this board, I really don't know, however, I felt a need to isolate one side of the argument, as one could not understand what was being really said and/or alleged, so I took the time to create the chronology that you see here now. I hope that explains the events and the reasons adequately, if not please advise and I will respond immediately

It is what it is.. and thankfully we now have a record of exactly what was said by Mr. Munoz up to that point, I have not recorded all other posts made my that individual, as I was then following the thread past page 70 and have been aware what has been posted and supplied in the form of "documentation"

MsT ... went back and looked it up...

Skipjack Joe - 10-8-2010 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

Wessonoil:
you win the award for longest post ever on Baja Nomads :lol:

Don't forget gnukid. :yawn:

cir·cum·lo·cu·tion (sûrkm-l-kyshn)
n.
1. The use of unnecessarily wordy and indirect language.
2. Evasion in speech or writing.
3. A roundabout expression.

wessongroup - 10-8-2010 at 04:08 PM

I know the picture, but can't find the post where I put it up... will delete from photobucket ... that is where I know it to be...

It's a picture of a Mexican Naval Gunboat off shore...

wessongroup - 10-8-2010 at 04:10 PM

Everyone happy...

Now you will have to delete from your post... cuz it ain't me anymore.. the pic has been deleted from photobucket...

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-9-2010 at 05:08 AM

Geeesh!

BajaNomad - 10-9-2010 at 09:45 AM

Because it's getting questioned (or referred to) so frequently...

The page # you're on depends on what settings you've made in your profile as to how many posts per page. Those of you not at the page 87, 88, 89 right now have altered your settings from the default of 20. If you were (or are) on page 59, you probably have that set at 30.

fyi,
-
Doug

MsTerieus - 10-9-2010 at 09:52 AM

Thanks, Doug! That's very good to know. I'll change mine right now so that more posts per page show up!

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Because it's getting questioned (or referred to) so frequently...

The page # you're on depends on what settings you've made in your profile as to how many posts per page. Those of you not at the page 87, 88, 89 right now have altered your settings from the default of 20. If you were (or are) on page 59, you probably have that set at 30.

fyi,
-
Doug

89 pages of this drivel is cool!

toneart - 10-9-2010 at 11:13 AM

Those of you on pages in the 50s just aren't up to snuff. :P;)

wessongroup - 10-9-2010 at 11:17 AM

Anyone like chili....

Cypress - 10-9-2010 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Anyone like chili....

I do!:lol:

toneart - 10-9-2010 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Those of you on pages in the 50s just aren't up to snuff. :P;)

Perhaps our forum drivel filters are just set stricter. Though that might take the page count down near zero on this thread... :)

I guess my settings give me all the hard core drivel...the nitty gritty...black glove...turtle soup and "whatnot" as Andy Griffith used to say.

Mine was a form of soft ribbing among friends. Afterwards we all go out for a cerveza. You buyin'? :yes::?:

Turtle soup is yummy

mcfez - 10-9-2010 at 02:54 PM

Whale soup is yummy too I suppose. If there's an animal species out there that is in trouble.....perhaps we all should just do our little part in helping. My part...I don't buy goods made with endangered animals.

toneart - 10-9-2010 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I guess my settings give me all the hard core drivel...

Cranking the drivel filter up in the 90's has really reduced the noise factor in this place; surprised that more folks aren't taking advantage of it:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Perfect!

BajaNuts - 10-9-2010 at 08:12 PM

guess you must have to be an ELITE Nomad to get the drivel filter option ;)

Cypress, do you like your chili with beans or without beans? How about everyone else? Do you like your chili with or without beans?

and for those of you who like it with beans, what kind of beans? Black, white, red, pinto, kidney or other?

DENNIS - 10-9-2010 at 08:46 PM

Jelly Beans.

BajaNuts - 10-9-2010 at 09:17 PM

WooHoo, Dennis like jelly beans in his chili!

Dennis...here's the $64,000 peso question....what FLAVOR jelly bean in your chili?

I do believe there is a jalapeno jelly bean~~~

Cypress - 10-10-2010 at 04:25 AM

Quote:
Do you like your chili with or without beans?
Black, white, red, pinto, kidney or other?

With beans. Any of the above will do.

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-10-2010 at 05:55 AM

Beans, beans the musical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel. So let's eat beans for every meal.

wessongroup - 10-10-2010 at 05:57 AM

Like it both ways.. and beans ... like them all too... plus .. really good "home grown peppers"... say, Nuts... think you have something along those lines... how about showing them off here ... think many would like to see what you have going...

Plus .... everyone would just love your brother-in-law's taste test you gave him.. :lol::lol:

Filters !!! I don't need no stinking filters... don't even use them on my cowboy coffee.. boil then set.. pour slow... its all good.. :):)

and Nuts... put it here in this thread... as it was about food and chilies are from Mexico in a larger sense... long with many other great things.. Including.. Turtle Soup.. :o

Native Americans, gave the many of us Europeans.. what we all eat and like today.. you wouldn't have tomatoes on your hamburgers... french fries.. and many other plants used in todays production of food and fiber.. just one accounts for the largest amount of land planted "CORN" 35% of the worlds corn comes from the Corn Belt in the United States.. .. and it came from ... humm... how about that..

Would think we could give back a little... they gave everything..

And one other thing... used to argue for our country to use our FOOD production as a tool, much the same as the Middle East uses OIL..

Try growing 90 million plus acres of corn in the Middle East, Russia, Europe, China, take your pick...

It is a resource we have... FARM LAND... really good farming land with good weather.. same for California.. some of the best farming land has houses planted on it... I worked in Ag starting in the 70's after getting out of school.. and watched it happen again.. saw in happen first in Downey and Bellflower CA.. move growers to Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.. which were then moved again.. Irvine Ranch had some of the best bottom land one could hope for ... their crops were some of the best... areas that can produce food are pretty important too... and we used to have some of the best.. which got house planted. on it..

What ya want, a car or food..

Would like to see Saudi Arabia plant a few million acres around Mecca... lets see how it comes out... if you get my drift..

Most al of that John Dear Green will run on "corn"... yeah, I know about the air ... and all the other.. but, it would sure as hell slow down the boat loads of oil coming this way.. send them to China.. see if they can grown enough to feed themselves and others .. with THEIR AG land... know their production is up... but, it ain't Kanas.. or any of the other States in the Corn Belt.. when it comes to production ...

And on top of that.. make gas $6.00 a gallon, and everything produced in China six times as expensive as it is now...

Think we might see some rather quick changes in where things are produced.... and what our trade deficit looks like

[Edited on 10-10-2010 by wessongroup]

I ONLY HAVE FOUR PAGES!

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-10-2010 at 07:11 AM

What am I missing out on?

BajaNuts - 10-10-2010 at 09:53 PM

Quote:

What am I missing out on?

'g8r...you're missing out on NOTHING! but you already know that. Did you set your default to 500 posts per page? :lol:

And thanks wesson, chiles do liven up everything. Even turtle soup, I would imagine. Cannot say from personal experience, and will not ever knowingly....(unless things change drastically for the tortuga in the future...) I wouldn't taint my chiles by posting them in this thread.

BUT! you are right in that some may get a laugh out of the brother-in-law......

keep your eyes open, will probably have to post in OT~

[Edited on 10-11-2010 by BajaNuts]

rpleger - 10-12-2010 at 09:59 AM

I this thread still going on? I'll check back next year.

ramuma53 - 10-28-2010 at 12:34 PM

Just an update
The Federal Judge on the turtle killings is ready to rule on the following facts:

Maria Olivia Higuera Aguilar accepted possession of the dead turtles and accept she was cooking and serving the sea turtle for some undisclosed clients inside her restaurant, she was charging for the service, she knew it was sea turtle and a forbidden food to serve.
All her claims about someone having set her up, are gone because the marines, who caught her, declared that they caught her, trying to run out the back door, with the sea turtle soup pot on her own hands, they confiscated parts of the sea turtle in the garbage container that belong to the restaurant and the valuable shells on the back of her pick up.
They also declared that the operation was a multi office task force that every year review restaurants to catch poachers and it has Marines from the Mexican Navy, Fisheries officials and Federal Agents and all declared the same; they also declared that they caught sea turtle only on another Mulege Restaurant.
She is trying to appeal to the judge about being first time offender to reduce her sentence, but the judge know she was sentenced a few years back for fraud against Mr. and Mrs. Christ and never complied with the ruling about returning the defrauded money, he know she has several charges pending on criminal court and some of them for robbery with violence and she confessed to them to the police very cynically.
It is very possible she will be out of sight for several years because we know the judge knows he is being very closely watched.

As soon as we have the sentence we will post it here because we know the dead sea turtles are watching and that is why this thread is so long and it may reach to eternity.

Bajatripper - 10-28-2010 at 12:54 PM

Hasn't this case been settled yet? Wake us up AFTER the judge has ruled. Anything else is pure speculation. yawn

ramuma53 - 10-28-2010 at 01:07 PM

That is what I am trying now Bajatripper
Rulling yet to come out, but the proved facts are already out, becuase the period to add proff, just closed, so no more information will be able to affect the judge rulling, they cleared out all the false statements and the only thing left was the proved facts, that is what the judge will rule on.

Byron - 10-28-2010 at 01:24 PM

Our savior

140c[1].gif - 4kB

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-28-2010 at 01:25 PM

David K - 10-28-2010 at 03:20 PM

Of course, turtles are being eaten all over Mexico for holiday feasts or survival... but they don't have legal title to land 'Rafael' wants... and is doing everything he can to take. If 'turtle saving' is his goal, why persist on one turtle's death when his energy could be saving hundreds in other places?

So, he persists here because a couple of you won't listen to the people who live around Bahia Concepcion and know the truth, or to fellow Nomads who have met Mark and Olivia.

He really should spend his energy fixing up the mess of a motel, he has next door! Why ruin a good and successful business when you can't even run the one you have??? I wish I could go to Playa Buenaventura more and spend more at Mark and Olivia's restaurant... they provide a good product and service to Baja travelers... Unlike their neighbor who lives hundreds of miles away and uses lies and stories to try and force them off land he wants... while his motel is in bad disrepair from the latest reports.

ligui - 10-28-2010 at 05:04 PM

Please stop this topic , anyone concur ? :?:

DianaT - 10-28-2010 at 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Please stop this topic , anyone concur ? :?:

I would concur, except now if sounds like there is going to be a conclusion very soon----well maybe, well maybe not, well who knows.

Skipjack Joe - 10-28-2010 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
He really should spend his energy fixing up the mess of a motel, he has next door! Why ruin a good and successful business when you can't even run the one you have???

Perhaps Mr. Munoz has greater plans for the future.

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-28-2010 at 11:01 PM

Rafael I am in this for the long haul. Don't listen to the Naysayers.You keep posting because you have as much right to be here posting as any other Baja Nomadian. I look forward to your future posts.

David Elinvestig8r M.

Cypress - 10-29-2010 at 05:40 AM

Guilty! Heck! I'm sure we'll be informed of the sentence.

KAT54 - 10-29-2010 at 10:07 AM

Will Mano Negro tell us if he loses?
Where will Olivia go?
Where will Mark go?
Where will you be able to get soup?
Are they going to jail?
Who is going to run their place?
Are they selling?

ramuma53 - 10-29-2010 at 10:11 AM

David K
Your bad intentions show up clearly, but I can assure you that I do not want title to any other land, I already have mine and I have put it her for everybody to see, so it is clear I do need or want any other land, so your comment is clearly bad intentioned.
The only way to end turtle killings, is not by just condone every past killing and look for new ones, but to prosecute the ones that were caught and this is the case for Olivia Higuera Aguilar and I think this is logical for every people here, but you sound like you are one of the people who used to eat illegal turtle at Olivia´s restaurant, and, remember that then, you are as guilty as she is.
You call a good and successful business a restaurant that was caught selling sea turtle? Well that show your skewed perception of legality and justice; that may only come from a people who try to justify his own actions and that mean you surely are one of her sea turtle soup usual clients.
It is a very serious business to accuse of lying specially when you are the one trying to defend a cause most people her do not condone, because I have demonstrated here that I am not the one lying and you should know that there is no land conflict now between Olivia and me, she occupy only the Federal Zone strip that I do not use while I legally own the land beside the strip.
My problem with her as a neighbor is a simple one:
I do not like drug dealers and she sells drugs there and you should know as one of her customers.
I do not like people unloading drugs to cross my property and I am obligated to denounce it or it may be perceived as if I were part of it and surely I am not part of it and she do it every 20 days.
I do not like people killing and selling sea turtles or any endangered species, I like to scuba dive and see the marine life, not eat it in a soup.
Those are my conflicts with her, not the land problem that everyone tries use as cover to justify her presence there.

David K - 10-29-2010 at 10:38 AM

Man are you ever full of it... but that's my opinion.

I am still waiting to see photos of the Mexican navy ship you said was anchored offshore to watch Mark and Olivia... or maybe your motel next door?

How many days out of the year are you even there? It is what, some 700 miles from your home?:?:

Leave good people alone, treat others the way you want to be treated.

David K - 10-29-2010 at 10:41 AM

I tell you what... if you can provide any facts here (photos, whatever) that anything you have said about Mark and Olivia are true... I will apologize and remaove all my posts in this thread. OK?:light:

ramuma53 - 10-29-2010 at 10:49 AM

Cypress and Kat54
Do not worry, Olivia would tell you if I lose anything in one second and on the Sud Californiano´s first page , but I am not the one subjected to any criminal investigation or trial, so you may have to wait a long time to hear something like that from her, specially because:
You are right, the conclusion is here:
OLIVIA HIGUERA AGUILAR AND PARTNERS IN CRIME, have been sentenced to 12 years in jail for the turtle killings ( Federal Penal cause 87/2009, Federal Court La Paz B.C.S.) as many of you know, but as any criminal, she had rights, so she asked for the federal law protection (Juicio de amparo 1257/2009) but it was denied on February 3, 2010 and ordered to serve the jail sentence, but she made an appeal and the order was reviewed and the trial reinitiated on February 12, 2010.
The Federal judge after reviewing and considering that it is a very grave crime and committed by a felon that has been convicted of other crimes and never served her sentence to repay the defrauded money and is at this time, subjected to several criminal investigations for violent crimes freely confessed by her, denied the Federal Justice protection for her, so before the ruling was executed, she did the only thing left for her to do, she backed up and asked The Federal Judge to ignore her appeal petition, ACCEPTING HER GUILT, to try to reduce the jail period and this happened on October 18/2010 and her Federal Justice protection petition 1257/2009 was denied formally anyway.
THE ORDER TO SERVE JAIL IS UP NOW and an order for her custody and imprisonment issued to all kinds of law enforcement units is out, but we know that several Estate policemen have been visiting her at her house (documented in video), at this time she no longer appear at the restaurant and OLIVIA HIGUERA AGUILAR IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED CRIMINAL ON THE RUN.
The formal imprisonment order is not only against her, but against all people involved and that mean her cook also and as we know, it may also be against Mark Jerome Burbey as an accomplice to a federal crime.
As all of you know, I never say anything I do not have solid proof on my hand and if you need and can read Spanish, I can publish the legal orders here.
Well, those sea turtles were not as defenseless as many of you thought and Mexico is not as crooked as many of you also think.
The only reason Mexico is today the mess we see, is because of people like David K that would like every kind of crime condoned, including drug trafficking and nature destruction, just because they like the product of crime, meaning a little recreational drugs and turtle soup, but if you want to keep doing it, please do it at your home, not mine.

[Edited on 10-29-2010 by ramuma53]

ramuma53 - 10-29-2010 at 10:55 AM

David K
Are those hard enough facts for you? Or do you want to wait until we show the Olivia´s and Mark jail pictures.

Bajatripper - 10-29-2010 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
Where will Olivia go?
Where will Mark go?
Are they going to jail?
Are they selling?

In my opinion, your entries are the only good thing on this thread, Kat. They do entertain me.

Bajatripper - 10-29-2010 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
David K
Are those hard enough facts for you? Or do you want to wait until we show the Olivia´s and Mark jail pictures.

Perhaps you would have more credibility with some of us if you were more than a one-subject member of this board. It seems obvious that your participation here is part of an agenda, and nothing more. As David K pointed out, why is your concern for turtles only limited to the one served at that restaurant on that day? With all of the good things being done with NGOs these days down here, why aren't you out participating with some of them? Is there a turtle-counter within you, ramuma? There are plenty of opportunities for you to do that, you know, go out with an organization and catch/tag/release turtles.

ramuma53 - 10-29-2010 at 11:21 AM

As another update
From La Paz the attorneys are teling me that a few minutes ago the Estate Justice department have recalled all the criminal cases, flying on limbo for several years against Olivia Higera Aguilar and Mark JeromeBurbey to be reinitiated and concluded and that mean Olivia will soon face 150 more years in jail to spend with Mark Jerome Burbey on the next jail cell on Santa Rosalia penal installations.

ramuma53 - 10-29-2010 at 11:57 AM

Bajatripper
This is not my only partipation on this board, I have offered advice in other parts of it, but maybe you do not real all of them and neither of me.
You are wrong about me worrying about only those sea turtles, I have helped other board members who are working to protect them but you surely do not know about it because you are the one not acting on that direction.
I do not care about y credibility with you, I have stablished a credibility with a lot of people here who care to check what I say, those are action people not just words people like you, please check what I have said and then come back with your comments, but your comments are welcomed anyway here.

Cypress - 10-29-2010 at 12:03 PM

Quote:
Olivia will soon face 150 more years in jail to spend with Mark Jerome Burbey on the next jail cell on Santa Rosalia penal installations.

Just lost any taste for turtle I ever had. However, is this equal to a murder conviction sentence? Something seems to be amiss?:?:

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-29-2010 at 12:03 PM

Rafael do not pay attention to some folks in here who I can only describe as J-Birds. You'll drive yourself crazy. The truth could hit them on the face at 300 kph and they still would not know they had been hit. I for one believe your paperwork but in fairness I am going to wait for the court verdict on the Mark and Olivia proceedings before saying something one way or the other. Look at my Avatar and you get the picture of what I speak. F- the pompous Baja all knowing.

MsTerieus - 10-29-2010 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajatripper
Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
Where will Olivia go?
Where will Mark go?
Are they going to jail?
Are they selling?

In my opinion, your entries are the only good thing on this thread, Kat. They do entertain me.

Me too!!! :lol:

ramuma53 - 10-30-2010 at 05:10 PM

Cypress
If you kill a turtle you get 12 years, if you kill a man, you get 4 years and that is because the turtle can hardly deffend itself, strange but true

[Edited on 10-31-2010 by ramuma53]

ramuma53 - 10-30-2010 at 06:07 PM

Elinvetigat8tor
This is the final court verdict, there will be no more, she has no other legal opportunity, she is at this time finished; kaput, out; she lost the game; even Olivia accepted her full culpability, to try to reduce their sentence, but it did not work, because the judge knew of all their previous crimes and drug activities, plus a lot of pressure from higher authorities, police agencies, The military and environmental groups.
Even Mark helped to put her down by first accepting that she was cooking the turtle stew for some clients and that may not be a chance event, because we always knew he had a previous encounter with the Federal police commander, who caught her, you will find that reference buried in this thread; it is hard for me to understand why would he talk to this guy, just hours before he caught her and this happened where nobody supposed to see them, but somebody did and reported the event.
All the allegations that it was a set up, were dropped by her, when she confronted the testimonies of 20 policemen and marine commandos from 4 different corporations: and the heaviest was the one from the Marine commando who caught her trying to go out the back door with the stew pot on her hands and some of them reported that, the way they knew, was by asking in Mulege who will serve Caguama that Saturday.
Now, OUR UNSUPPORTED THEORY, is that the police knew, she will serve sea turtle at her restaurant from Mulege´s people, the police commander got Mark and offered him a way out of those and drug charges, in exchange of sticking Olivia and he did it; then he just disappeared at the time he knew the police will come and logic do support this theory, because the restaurant´s telephone was the only one working in the area, Mark was the last on using it by his own words and that day was a extremely busy one, the restaurant was full and Mark said that he was out, resting at 11 AM and he knew nothing about the sea turtle; remember that the police arrived thinking that they would find drugs, but found nothing, they even knew, where they were hiding them but found nothing; that mean that Mark got the drugs out, but because of the deal, he just let Olivia get hanged for the Sea Turtle, thinking it would be easier to go out of that charge, he was wrong.
I think that the Federal police were failing to prove the drug charges on her, because of her local police connections and they did the same that your police did in Chicago for Capone.
What is next? just to catch her and put them in jail, and that is not an easy endeavor here in Mexico, because with money, she became invisible for policemen, even the ones visiting her at her house; but we will help by putting a reward on her head and believe me, that will change many policemen way of acting, they will instantly became visible again and some enviromental agencies are willing to cooperate to make that a big reward and make an example to sea turtle poachers.
Also, The Federal judge is having a hard time, explaining how is it possible, for a criminal like Olivia, to be walking the streets, when she was supposed to be denied bail and remain the whole trial in custody; believe me, we will not fail to press every aspect of corruption that helped her stay out all this time.

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-30-2010 at 06:21 PM

Rafael has the court rendered a verdict yet? If so, this is a very tragic ending to what could have been a beautiful and productive enterprise. It saddens me greatly. All gone for sea turtle soup and drugs. Tragic!

ramuma53 - 10-30-2010 at 07:45 PM

Elinvetigat8tr
Not only the Federal court has rendered a final verdict, Olivia made an appeal to superior Federal court and was denied, then she backed off of the appeal and accepted her final guilty verdict in hope of being sentenced to just parole, but she got the maximum jail sentence.
The trial has finished, no other verdict to come, only to serve sentence and to serve the sentence she was called, but failed to appear, as promised on her bail, orders for their arrest are out, SHE IS NOW AN ON THE RUN CONVICTED CRIMINAL WANTED BY ALL FEDERAL POLICE AGENCIES PLUS ARMY POSTS.
We know she is at her house in San Buenaventura and she even go from time to time to Mulege and is visited very frequently by police officers, but she try not to be seen, badly but try.
We just sent the verdict to the Federal Zone authorities and her concession is going to be void in a few days, so she will not be allowed to be there anymore, but one thing is the legal facts and another one the real facts, let’s see what she does, but now that the hard facts are out, it looks very hard for her and Mark to stay there, even if she try and she will try, because it is a very profitable place if you take in to consideration the drug unloading and beach distribution.
For what we know from the attorneys, she spent more than USD$500,000 on legal expenses and they think double that, on bribes to stay out of jail during the trial and it is hard for me to think she got that money to spare, just selling hamburgers in an out of the way restaurant.

ramuma53 - 10-30-2010 at 07:53 PM

I just heard that the bail bond people are looking for her too, because she gave them as collateral a property that is not a legal one and they can not collect their collateral, they just visited the hotel looking for some one to pay for it, they tought they would be able to grab the hotel as compensation, but got the bad news, only Federal Zone and not a property they can grab.
Bad people to have on your track.

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-30-2010 at 08:01 PM

Rafael do you have access to the final court paperwork showing the disposition of Olivias' case? Is so can you put it up here or on your paperwork site. If not that's ok too..What a crying shame....

ligui - 10-30-2010 at 08:03 PM

How does it go ? DAY's of their lives...:(

ramuma53 - 10-30-2010 at 08:15 PM

I will post it in my webpage as:
www.munoz-industries.com/Oliviatrialend.html
for anyone who care and read spanish to check it, just give me 15 minutes to do it

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-30-2010 at 08:39 PM

Thank you...Maybe the J-Birds who gave you a hard time will apologize or shut up.

ramuma53 - 10-30-2010 at 09:17 PM

Do not count on it

ELINVESTIG8R - 10-30-2010 at 09:27 PM

True, True. I went the the web site and it was not up yet. Will try again tomorrow!

David

BajaNomad - 10-30-2010 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
I went the the web site and it was not up yet.
The filename on his system is case-sensitive. Try using a lower-case "O".

;)

http://www.munoz-industries.com/oliviatrialend.html

-
Doug

out of context

C-Urchin - 10-31-2010 at 12:17 AM

Just love the picture of your kitties...
 Pages:  1  ..  16    18